Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
true sludge is when you have to go to a clinic for a checkup after having any physical contact with the band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its not true sludge unless its from new orleans and does tons of heroin

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i know i mentioned this before but at MDF when eyehategod was playing Mike IX spit water out of his mouth into the crowd and some got on my inner lip and I was horrified. by far the most dangerous thing that's happened to me at a metal show, and i once saw a guy waving a revolver around in a cannibal corpse pit.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Mike IX is one of the coolest dudes in metal and if you read about his life it's loving NUTS that's he's still kicking. Truly a really interesting person and his poetry book is gnarly as gently caress.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Just remembered Mike used to be the bag check guy at Forbidden Planet comics in nyc, that was pretty cool, I should have talked to him more when I had the chance.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

When Mike came to my city he listed all these really old obscure hardcore bands that were local back in the day. I was really surprised at some of the bands he knew that only put out one EP or 7 inch. He really knows his stuff and also his favorite band is Discharge who loving rule.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Fenrir posted:

Uh, god drat. Another band I'd never heard of, and this is loving good. How's their previous stuff? Should I just go for the whole discography here?

Gateway to the Antisphere was my aoty in 2015 or at least top 3

It loving slays

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i know i mentioned this before but at MDF when eyehategod was playing Mike IX spit water out of his mouth into the crowd and some got on my inner lip and I was horrified. by far the most dangerous thing that's happened to me at a metal show, and i once saw a guy waving a revolver around in a cannibal corpse pit.

lmao

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr. Pickles posted:

He also likes to comment on epic fan videos featuring his music. Matt Pike is my spirit animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrPJ_TlEZpA

This is most refreshing and awesome little interaction.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kvlt! posted:

Mike IX is one of the coolest dudes in metal and if you read about his life it's loving NUTS that's he's still kicking. Truly a really interesting person and his poetry book is gnarly as gently caress.

mike ix owns i just dont want whatever he's got

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I really wouldn't want to live in a world where Apocalypticists doesn't make AOTY this Christmas

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I got nostalgic today for bad Euro power metal and then remembered that time this happened

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

lol I remember that. Anyone have that pic of Tolkki himself covered in fake blood?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Life safety tip: if you see blood in your vomit, go to a doctor.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Grillfiend posted:

lol I remember that. Anyone have that pic of Tolkki himself covered in fake blood?
Speaking of which, I've been looking for like 10 years for that pic of Jens Johansson pissing on Timo Tolkki's leg during their ProgPower set

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

It kills me we never got a studio version of any stratovarius song with her on vocals

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Seems Pat O'Brien from CC went full Florida Man

News posted:

NORTHDALE, Fla. (WFLA) - The lead guitarist for a death metal band has been arrested after a Northdale home caught fire with exploding ammunition inside.

The massive fire broke out Monday night at a home on Norwood Drive. Deputies say Pat O'Brien, a local death metal guitarist, lives in the home.

Hillsborough County firefighters were able to get the fire under control after about an hour but struggled due to the ammunition inside exploding due to the flames. Crews remained at the scene throughout the night and kept the road blocked long off after the fire was put out.

Around the same time the house caught fire, the sheriff's office got a call about a burglary in progress at a nearby home on Windflower Circle. An arrest report shows O'Brien went in the house without permission and ignored orders from the family to leave.

A sheriff's office supervisor says O'Brien pushed a woman down inside the house then went into the backyard.

Deputies responding to the burglary found O'Brien hiding behind a fence near his home. They say O'Brien charged at them with a knife. Deputies then took him down and arrested him.

O'Brien is charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer.

O'Brien is the lead guitarist for the death metal band Cannibal Corpse. The band announced Monday they would be part of an upcoming leg of Slayer's farewell tour.

https://www.wfla.com/1651810615

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am about half-way into that new Death documentary and it really comes across as Chuck being kind of an rear end in a top hat? Like he's a genius musician but that comes with ditching tours and band members. It really doesn't paint a good picture of him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

I am about half-way into that new Death documentary and it really comes across as Chuck being kind of an rear end in a top hat? Like he's a genius musician but that comes with ditching tours and band members. It really doesn't paint a good picture of him.

He was a notorious perfectionist, which is usually a nice way of calling someone an rear end in a top hat. Where's this doc?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So... I need to say something.

The first Chicago Open Air:

The second Chicago Open Air:

And now the third and upcoming Chicago Open air:

Talk about being disappointed. Oh and the cheapest single-day tickets are a hundred bucks. :lol:

Unfortunately my wife wants to go to see Ghost. I'll be seeing this band called "Meshuaggah (nevermind, they fixed the spelling it looks like)" and Soad I guess. Thinking about going both days so I can at least see Gojira and Tool but Jesus I don't know if that's worth it. This year loving sucks.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

The ghosting everyone a day before the European tour with Kreator story was pretty good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Henchman of Santa posted:

He was a notorious perfectionist, which is usually a nice way of calling someone an rear end in a top hat. Where's this doc?

Death by Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_05_3vQYCI
https://www.amazon.ca/Death-Metal-Steve-DiGiorgio/dp/B07BSXQWFP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544543216&sr=8-1&keywords=death+by+metal

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'm posting again about None So Vile because I can't believe I never heard this album until a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JeaBoBU-c

It's so good.

What other Cryptopsy albums are good?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

None, so vile :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Once Was Not was pretty good, actually.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Blasphemy Made Flesh

Parachute
May 18, 2003
whisper supremacy has some awesome songs and great riffs/drumming but you have to put up with like tough guy hardcore vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muBay4nc0Uc

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

deadking posted:

Blasphemy Made Flesh

This, assuming you're yearning for that sweet Lord Worm vocal mayhem.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Parachute posted:

whisper supremacy has some awesome songs and great riffs/drumming but you have to put up with like tough guy hardcore vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muBay4nc0Uc

I used to play this in my art class in high school when we had a bring your music day. :3:

I was dumb.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CornHolio posted:

So... I need to say something.

The first Chicago Open Air:

The second Chicago Open Air:

And now the third and upcoming Chicago Open air:

Talk about being disappointed. Oh and the cheapest single-day tickets are a hundred bucks. :lol:

Unfortunately my wife wants to go to see Ghost. I'll be seeing this band called "Meshuaggah (nevermind, they fixed the spelling it looks like)" and Soad I guess. Thinking about going both days so I can at least see Gojira and Tool but Jesus I don't know if that's worth it. This year loving sucks.

Babymetal billed under Breaking Benjamin, shameful

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Where are all these people who never heard None So Vile coming from?

Anyway the only bad Cryptopsy album is The Unspoken King, the self-titled is real fuckin' good.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Vintersorg posted:

I used to play this in my art class in high school when we had a bring your music day. :3:

I was dumb.

I did a presentation on Nile in a high school humanities course when we were covering ancient Egypt and Sumerian lore.

My fellow students did not like 'Sacrifice Unto Sebek'.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A TURGID FATSO posted:

My fellow students did not like 'Sacrifice Unto Sebek'.

No, no, it's the children who are wrong.

I saw a video posted on the Nile forums of this dude doing a guitar and vocal cover of "Sarcophagus" for a high school talent show. Wish I could track it down again, even asked Karl and he doesn't have it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Once Was Not was pretty good, actually.

This is also my answer.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

Seems Pat O'Brien from CC went full Florida Man

https://www.wfla.com/1651810615

He's really goddamn lucky that he didn't get shot.

Also, you left out the best part:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cannibal-corpse-guitarist-arrested-for-burglary-as-ammo-explodes-inside-his-burning-tampa-home.html

quote:

Officials say two military-style flamethrowers inside the home, making the fire much harder to battle for firefighters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is investigating the house fire.

Flame throwers are loving metal as hell.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Been on a big Overkill tip this last week. Love me some thrash with high pitched vocals.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vargatron posted:

Been on a big Overkill tip this last week. Love me some thrash with high pitched vocals.

New album hopefully means a big tour. Overkill rule live.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Vargatron posted:

Listen to Artillery asap

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vargatron posted:

Love me some thrash with high pitched vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJxilfVhLeE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I love the soundtrack to StarCraft especially the stuff closer to what sounds like metal.

For example:

The acoustic(?) guitar on this one is awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD4GbGmvNRc

And this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S41XFYRX6Bs

I also love the guitar in this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__3eZfU8tjA

I don't know how to put it. It's metal, right? Whatever it is I wish I could find more music like it.