Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

They're not going to abandon him. They cant without losing half their base. Trumps ego wont allow it, not without getting on Twitter and tossing them all under the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1072547761306918919

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Can barely hear what Nancy is saying over the camera shutters, jesus

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

*keeps pressing diet coke button*

He'll probably make the Diet Coke girl and the official presidential spray tan guy keep coming in, promising to pay them later

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lol this is the political photo of our moment.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

He's gonna regret that one when he tries to blame the Dems for a shutdown.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pander posted:

He will blame them, but he won't regret it, or even notice the contradiction.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Pander posted:

He already forgot he said it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

What a loving moron.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Nice tiny jazz hands

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I'm just saying I don't think there's anything inherently unsanitary about pee bottles, as long as you throw them out before they hit triple digits

e: uhhh wrong thread

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pander posted:

He will be saying the exact opposite in a few days and his base will literally not care.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1072550966325592069

Really, Chuck? You didn't see this coming?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Politically Trump is like the dude from Memento, except he never writes anything down

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I dont think Trump even has enough votes in the house like he keeps saying

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Too Shy Guy posted:

Politically Trump is like the dude from Memento, except he never writes anything down

Well he does, but then he eats the paper

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/1072549279829499904?s=21

Basically McCaskill is praising Chuck here for not doing his job.

Also all of those Dems he helped to protect except for Manchin lost.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

once upon a time, there was a caste of people in these threads who swore up and down that these were canny, brilliant political operators, because that would be the only way to explain how totally they have curbstomped the democratic party for the last thirty years.

that's real! it's a thing that happened! some of them still post here today!

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I’m picturing Trump sitting down after this meeting.

“That went great! Let’s find a CoS!”

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

goethe.cx posted:

I'm just saying I don't think there's anything inherently unsanitary about pee bottles, as long as you throw them out before they hit triple digits

:yikes:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

goethe.cx posted:

sir this is USPOL, you can't just talk about piss and leave us thinking it's unrelated

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

once upon a time, there was a caste of people in these threads who swore up and down that these were canny, brilliant political operators, because that would be the only way to explain how totally they have curbstomped the democratic party for the last thirty years.

that's real! it's a thing that happened! some of them still post here today!

I've noticed a smug shitposter or two myself.

:thunk:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Feinne posted:

Come on sextuple life + 70, let's get this party started.

This dude earned every bit of that, anything less is a miscarriage of justice

Merry Christmas shitbird

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lightning Knight posted:

Lol this is the political photo of our moment.

Now Lincoln was really a Republican, can you believe that?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/1072549279829499904?s=21

Basically McCaskill is praising Chuck here for not doing his job.

Also all of those Dems he helped to protect except for Manchin lost.

Between this and the quote about women knowing their place, Claire McCaskill has really doubled down on being a piece of poo poo.

Guarantee she's like an election night consultant for Fox News in 2020.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when you get dunked on by chuck schumer you really oughta consider retirement.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crow Jane posted:

He'll probably make the Diet Coke girl and the official presidential spray tan guy keep coming in, promising to pay them later

He's gonna get some illegal Polish immigrants to fill those jobs, then never pay them.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Too Shy Guy posted:

"Do not trust this man", but it's a mirror.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

He's gonna get some illegal Polish immigrants to fill those jobs, then never pay them.

I'm half Polish, and I can tell you we're not a people known for our tanning ability or knowledge. His tan's gonna be even worse than usual

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nothing about him has demonstrated any knowledge of what 'The Best People' actually are.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Why is Chuck Schumer bragging about losing seats in the Senate

Because it was in response to Trump claiming that they 'won' the Senate in the election.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 11, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

I'm half Polish, and I can tell you we're not a people known for our tanning ability or knowledge

Yeah but we can drink.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Until someone other than Axios reports this, I'm gonna file it under "okay, but nobody that matters gives a poo poo"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but we can drink.

Lightbulbs, however, remain our Achilles heels

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Correction on James Fields. It is not over.

He still has a federal hate crime case of 30 charges which could lead to the death penalty. He also has $470,000 fine

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Remember all the lame duck fuckery going on in Wisconsin and Michigan, where the GOP is trying to strip powers from the incoming democrats?

Looks like they are on rather shaky legal ground:

quote:

Still, Michigan Republicans are pushing through a bill that would strip authority over campaign finance from the Democratic secretary of state-elect. (The state previously hit the bill’s Republican author with multiple campaign finance violations.) The Michigan and Wisconsin legislatures are also granting themselves power to intervene in lawsuits over their unpopular laws, weakening incoming Democratic attorneys general. And last week the Wisconsin legislature passed laws that take power from the incoming Democratic governor, Tony Evers.

In response, Michigan Democrats are pointing to the state’s separation-of-powers clause, which reads in part: “No person exercising powers of one branch shall exercise powers properly belonging to another branch, except as expressly provided in this constitution.”

Primus, who is part of the left-leaning American Constitution Society, noted that the Michigan legislature wants authority to litigate, “but that’s not a legislative function – that’s enforcement of the law”.

In Wisconsin, the Madison-based attorney Lester Pines said the state’s constitution clearly spells out each branch’s duties, and the legislature “does not have the power to supervise the governor and attorney general in the manner in which they’re trying to do it”.

“They’re [power] grabs because the legislature should have known better than to become the supervisors of the governor and attorney general,” Pines said. “The legislators are not supervisors. They do not have executive authority.”

Beyond the power grabs, Michigan Republicans are also in constitutionally questionable territory in their attempt to gut or dilute five popular citizen-led ballot initiatives or laws.

A Michigan attorney, Mark Brewer, is representing two citizen-led groups that each collected nearly 400,000 signatures to put on the November ballot proposals to raise the state’s minimum wage and mandate paid sick time. The GOP made the proposals law, then gutted them before the Democratic governor-elect, Gretchen Whitmer, takes office in January.

Brewer said there were “very strong arguments that the Republican changes are unconstitutional” because the state constitution prohibits changes to citizen-initiated laws in the same legislative session. The GOP contends its changes do not affect “the spirit of the law”, but Brewer said that’s “plainly false”.

Voters approved three other initiatives – marijuana decriminalization, voting access expansion and the establishment of an independent redistricting commission to address gerrymandering – by wide margins in November. Brewer notes that proposed alterations could end up “in court through various routes” and there was a strong case to be made that they are unconstitutional.

And before you make "in a 5-4 decision" jokes, Federal courts basically never second-guess state court rulings on the interpretation of state laws and the state constitution, for example the SCOTUS didn't step in when PA found gerrymandering to be against their state constitution.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Until someone other than Axios reports this, I'm gonna file it under "okay, but nobody that matters gives a poo poo"

in fairness, you can trust that axios is writing down exactly what they're being told to write down by their good friends the Highly Placed Sources. they dare not risk their access by performing less than exemplary stenography.

file it to the same place as the I Am Part Of The Resistance Against Trump Inside The White House piece. people auditioning for jobs once this whole thing is over.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I keep hoping something like this will be the moment that he does/says something so truly bizarre and idiotic that not even the most ardent MAGA CHUD can continue to support him, but deep down I know they'll just ignore it or endorse it

There's always a reason. One of the CHUDs I work with just responds with "Can't be, why would the president lie? President's don't lie" *presents obvious lie backed up with evidence of lie* "He didn't lie, he has a reason to say that, he must have inside information."

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it's neat to see all three wings of government represented

the morbidly obese mushbrain elected by telling Racism County, FL the jobs would come back if they just blood sacrificed a couple more mexicans, the soulless technocrat who understands only the preservation of her own power, and the bloodless centrist dipshit plaintively appealing to decorum because this is all such bad optics

I believe Racism County is in Pennsylvania

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
God Schumer is such a chump in this, just tagging on Pelosi's lines.

Also every time Trump calls her "Nancy" makes me mad. If she called him "Donald" he'd get surly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

I believe Racism County is in Pennsylvania

It's like Washington County or whatever, most states have one