Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

humpthewind posted:

It was nice to see you pop into our party tonight poophole. Hope you enjoyed your shooting of mans.

Y'all too, great to see we can all get the band back together

Sucks that it's four to a squad but meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Grump posted:

My usename is ghost_throw. I just added a few people.

yellowcar posted:

oh i guess I should put my PSN handle here:

AlAqsaRevo

add we'll have a grand ol time shooting mans :)

e: and put something goony in the message so I'll know it's not some rando

Add RadValtar on PSN for a good time. Everyone is welcome to.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Y'ALL READY FOR SOME GAMIN'?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Fastest, put away the Turner SMLE, M1A1 Carbine uber alles.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Did it get buffed? I tried it for a while and it never clicked for me but I can give it another shot.

Had a good game of breakthrough on arras today with beastie and sk8r. Enemy team abandoned a tank so I grabbed it and had sk8r plus two pubbie wrenches on me the rest of the round. Not that I was killing many bad guys with the weak guns but they were definitely distracted trying to get it back

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
classic gaming times buttkrew
i really hope the PIAT is as better-than-panzerfaust as everyone says it is :(

bunny either car buyn or car bean is acceptable according to the googs. i dunno why I'm ~*EURO*~ about it

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Gunshow Poophole posted:

classic gaming times buttkrew

bunny either car buyn or car bean is acceptable according to the googs. i dunno why I'm ~*EURO*~ about it

Too much time playing with Seedge. :drac:

I tried playing solo about a week ago and I wasn’t very into it but playing with a full crew tonight got me back in the groove. (Shoutout to online_and_nice for living up to his username and reviving me a bunch.)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yeah all y'all were very good about the medicking which allows me to play like the idiot I love to be. I got three tanks tonight :3:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I think my tides of war assignment is bugged

I made zero progress on them tonight despite goons helping out

:waycool::dice:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

yellowcar posted:

I think my tides of war assignment is bugged

I made zero progress on them tonight despite goons helping out

:waycool::dice:

We can help again tomorrow. Might help if you are the squad leader and start the game through the ToW page and selecting the thing you are trying to unlock. Cheesing the prerequisites was easy for me. Just need one friend to grab your health and your ammo constantly for a minute or three.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Is this the actual bfv thread now?

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Good times last night with the BUTTS!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

It's really good against infantry but has less range and does less damage to tanks. It also ruins buildings like nothing else!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Karma Comedian posted:

Is this the actual bfv thread now?

What does the thread title say?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The Bananana posted:

What does the thread title say?

The OP says bf1, and this used to be the bf1 thread with a joke title because bf1 was the fifth one but thanks?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah this game is completely different when you have squads coordinating. I don't think we lost a single game during the few rounds when we had 2 full BUTT squads rolling

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Anyone down to play today? I’ve tried to join a few BUTT squad games but the squads were always full. I’m rpaggio on ps4

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Rorobb posted:

Anyone down to play today? I’ve tried to join a few BUTT squad games but the squads were always full. I’m rpaggio on ps4

Friend request sent.

A Typical Goon posted:

Yeah this game is completely different when you have squads coordinating. I don't think we lost a single game during the few rounds when we had 2 full BUTT squads rolling

Having multiple BUTT squads really makes an impact. I think "More Goons = Better" has finally become true.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I was also struck by how lucid the chat was with eight of us in party. Everyone could communicate enough to be useful and oddly enough none of us was like off on a tangent yelling about Bonnie Tyler

*eyeballs concrete_rage*

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
We’ve always known more butts is better. The salad days were supersquads in the middle of bf4’s lifespan. More butts definitely helps with launching jetskis, at least.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
To be clear I am definitely going in on 80s one hit wonders next game. Just u wait

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

To be clear I am definitely going in on 80s one hit wonders next game. Just u wait

I spared all of you the horror of Slippery When Wet on repeat.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
excuse me sir, SIR

can I speak to your squad manager please

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

excuse me sir, SIR

can I speak to your squad manager please

Lol

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I need to not play with pubs, who's playing on Xbox?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Karma Comedian posted:

I need to not play with pubs, who's playing on Xbox?

Add Beastie Bomber. I'm usually in a party with 3-7 other goons.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Zzulu posted:

It is a serious treaty on historical events!!!!!!!!

*gets called human being by 11 year old child in game*

I can't remember the last time I heard a literal child in an online game I've played. I guess I have Fortnite to thank for that.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

gently caress THE MEDIC CRATE CHALLENGE, and by extension, the medic crate.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Fanatic posted:

I can't remember the last time I heard a literal child in an online game I've played. I guess I have Fortnite to thank for that.

Played a pub game where an 11 year old got thrown into my squad and when we lost he was like "I'm gonna go play fortnite" so that's my story

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

The Bananana posted:

gently caress THE MEDIC CRATE CHALLENGE, and by extension, the medic crate.

Pssst... play with a buddy, stay near your spawn, buddy throws incendiary grenade and walks through it, takes damage, heals from your box, retrieves new grenade from spawn ammo box. Repeat until you’ve healed them for 400 points.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

El Jebus posted:

Pssst... play with a buddy, stay near your spawn, buddy throws incendiary grenade and walks through it, takes damage, heals from your box, retrieves new grenade from spawn ammo box. Repeat until you’ve healed them for 400 points.

Well where the gently caress are you?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

yellowcar posted:

the axis powers had too many recons that didn't PTFO

probly true. like, dude, your not going to find Atlantis in Tibet

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

The Bananana posted:

Well where the gently caress are you?

Post ur psn my god I'm too lazy to research

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

They are increasing the TTK for almost all weapons:

The main reason I like this game right now is the gunplay so not too thrilled.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rorobb posted:

They are increasing the TTK for almost all weapons:

The main reason I like this game right now is the gunplay so not too thrilled.

this is actually good there's no excuse to die as fast or as easily as i currently do

Suck it bullet shooters, I'm coming for your poo poo with my dynamite

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

this is actually good there's no excuse to die as fast or as easily as i currently do

Suck it bullet shooters, I'm coming for your poo poo with my dynamite

I hated it at first but I grew to love it. Oh well. Guess I just gotta go for the heads now :commissar:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I think the TTK change will feel weird for a little while but pay off soon after with a better pace across game modes. It will hopefully make gunfights and choke points feel a little more dynamic.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm good when I grab a machinegun and camp someplace and mow people down that appear in my field of vision

I'm bad whenever I try to go places. If I'm entering a new area and the enemy is there and not moving, they are basically invisible to me. Something about this game makes it impossible for me to pick out enemies against certain terrain

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Zzulu posted:

I'm good when I grab a machinegun and camp someplace and mow people down that appear in my field of vision

I'm bad whenever I try to go places. If I'm entering a new area and the enemy is there and not moving, they are basically invisible to me. Something about this game makes it impossible for me to pick out enemies against certain terrain

It's the garbage visibility.

https://twitter.com/DANNYonPC/status/1072146240459194368

And that's on PC where the graphics are much better than on console.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Did anyone manage to complete the snowman quest? I've joined about 10 servers running Narvik across all regions and each one has a group of people standing around a bugged unbuildable snowman, shooting and nading it to try and fix it lol.

Someone crashed a bomber into it and another dropped a V1 rocket on it as well, but no luck. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Fanatic posted:

Did anyone manage to complete the snowman quest? I've joined about 10 servers running Narvik across all regions and each one has a group of people standing around a bugged unbuildable snowman, shooting and nading it to try and fix it lol.

Someone crashed a bomber into it and another dropped a V1 rocket on it as well, but no luck. :(

There was another snowman at E on Fejell, on the side close to the Axis spawn. Never saw it glitch, but if someone already built it it took 9 dynamite to bring down.