Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just moved the treat container getting the attention of both cats. They followed me to their regular food, watched me grab a handful of it from their full bowls, and throw it on the ground where they eagerly gobbled it up like it was the best food ever.

Dumbasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Len posted:

I just moved the treat container getting the attention of both cats. They followed me to their regular food, watched me grab a handful of it from their full bowls, and throw it on the ground where they eagerly gobbled it up like it was the best food ever.

Dumbasses.

You just keep telling yourself that. They're clearly planning something.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

These fuckers sleep like rocks as long as I'm holding them, but the literal second I gently place them onto a pre-warmed heating pad/cat bed, they begin wrestling followed by climbing me like a jungle gym while I work at the table.

It's a good thing they're cute :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're hugging aaaaaaah I'm ded

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Babiiieeesss

Every single morning when I get out of the shower Pepper comes to get pets on my bed, then Peridot goes OH HEY I HEAR THERE ARE PETTINGS BEING GIVEN OUT HEY HI PEPPER HI, Pepper gets instantly irritated and jumps off the bed, Peridot goes WAIT PEPPER WHERE ARE YOU GOING and follows her and neither of them get any pets and I make it to work on time.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Donna and Mittens seem to have agreed to partition me. Mittens gets to sit in my lap while Donna aggressively kneads my arm until I cross it over my chest so she can lay on it. I was not consulted.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Milly barfed on her bed last night and it was gross enough that paper towels and nature's miracle wasn't gonna cut it so into the washer it went. Next up was 3 hours of incessant whining that her bed was gone. As soon as it was back in place with the heater installed she kneaded it for about 15 minutes while purring loud enough that I could hear her across the room. Then she passed out for the night.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Boogalo posted:

Milly barfed on her bed last night and it was gross enough that paper towels and nature's miracle wasn't gonna cut it so into the washer it went. Next up was 3 hours of incessant whining that her bed was gone. As soon as it was back in place with the heater installed she kneaded it for about 15 minutes while purring loud enough that I could hear her across the room. Then she passed out for the night.

Genuinely, 200% shocked that this didn't end "Then she barfed on it again."

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Ms Adequate posted:

Genuinely, 200% shocked that this didn't end "Then she barfed on it again."

She's really only good for about a barf a week tops, then takes time to reload.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Meanwhile Mel refuses to have a permanent sleeping space and flat out ignored the cat beds I've variously tried to get her to use. Instead whenever she wants to sleep she apparently rolls some dice to determine between:

1. Her old carrier
2. The cardboard box in my room with a blanket laid in it.
3. The cardboard box in the living room without a blanket laid in it.
4. My bed, she'll curl up with me if I'm sleeping but if not and she decides she wants to sleep there, she meows nonstop until I wrap her up in the blankets
5. Her cat shelf
6. One specific chair under the dining room table, no other chair will do and it specifically has to be pushed in, otherwise commence the meowing
7. In front of the vent, either if I have the heat on or she's cold and wants me to turn the heat on
8. In front of the master bedroom closet, no idea why this spot specifically but she'll just splay out on the carpet and sleep for hours

Cats are weird.

Cat tax of scenario 4b:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
It seems cats are pretty good at checking out and then promptly ignoring new things we place in their environment. They're truly creatures of habit and are pretty resistant to change, but they can be brought around with time and patience. Kitty-one-ear would initially only sleep on the floor when we made him an indoor cat, but he slowly but surely warmed up to softer places to sleep. We put out a nice cat bed for him to lie on and he ignored it for months. Then one day he just started using it and made that his most preferred spot, and that was the very spot we said goodbye to him.

You can never be too sure what a cat is going to take an interest in, but if you leave it out for a good long time there's a chance they might eventually come around to it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sydin posted:

Meanwhile Mel refuses to have a permanent sleeping space and flat out ignored the cat beds I've variously tried to get her to use. Instead whenever she wants to sleep she apparently rolls some dice to determine between:

1. Her old carrier
2. The cardboard box in my room with a blanket laid in it.
3. The cardboard box in the living room without a blanket laid in it.
4. My bed, she'll curl up with me if I'm sleeping but if not and she decides she wants to sleep there, she meows nonstop until I wrap her up in the blankets
5. Her cat shelf
6. One specific chair under the dining room table, no other chair will do and it specifically has to be pushed in, otherwise commence the meowing
7. In front of the vent, either if I have the heat on or she's cold and wants me to turn the heat on
8. In front of the master bedroom closet, no idea why this spot specifically but she'll just splay out on the carpet and sleep for hours

Cats are weird.

Cat tax of scenario 4b:

Cat.exe working properly.

Ours alternate between using their cat beds we bought and sleeping beside the cat beds we bought.

Last night rear end in a top hat was sleeping above the bathroom vent apparently he was cold

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Why are you chewing on my soap? :catstare:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cats love Christmas trees.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I would like to feed cute neighborhood cat because it is cute and pisses off Milly. Whats the best way to put out a dish of food and keep it from getting rained on? I'm thinking a hut made out of an upside-down tupperware bin with doors cut out of both ends for escape route.

Cats for reference:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sydin posted:

Sweetheart does this exact same thing. Heaven forbid either of us sit at the dining table in her chair for dinner, either.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Boogalo posted:

I would like to feed cute neighborhood cat because it is cute and pisses off Milly. Whats the best way to put out a dish of food and keep it from getting rained on? I'm thinking a hut made out of an upside-down tupperware bin with doors cut out of both ends for escape route.

Cats for reference:

Is it a stray? If not, you really shouldn't feed other people's cats. If it's roaming it's probably eating extra anyway, and the owners aren't monitoring...

Also raccoons really like cat food, too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

now you've given them the idea of Milly getting mad at raccoons.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

wandler20 posted:

Cats love Christmas trees.

Was going to post the silly new no-bottom trees, but all of these are pretty great.

https://www.boredpanda.com/protecting-christmas-tree-from-dogs-cats-pets

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Sup pet goons, I'm having a cat dilemma

I own a white oversized cat, he's p. cool and cuddly but he's also a bit too smart for his own good sometimes. He doesn't chase the laser pointer, is not amused with nerf darts or balls and he attacks me whenever he wants to play, or when I carry food to the living room. He opens drawers and the oven, and turns the stove knobs on in the kitchen (he tried to burn down the apartment twice). Naturally, he likes stealing food, even pastries, pasta and bread (which he will not eat, but play with around the house making a mess).

His weakspot are balls of tinfoil, those he will chase around, but eventually he rips them apart and makes a mess again.

So come Christmas I intend to prank his sorry rear end by installing a blacklight in the living room and turning it on in complete darkness. He's gonna turn into a pathetic glowing excuse of a feline hahahahah. Do you guys think it'll be too scary for him? I wanna prank him so bad, but at the same time I don't wanna traumatize him

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Don’t prank your cat. He will not be amused.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
last saturday, took my cats to the vet for their second vaccination.

Since yesterday. one of my cats started to sneeze a lot. very often. but she's very energetic, eats and drinks and is still very playful. haven't seen any eye discharge or anything.
Called the vet anyway. and they say it may be because of the vaccination that she is sneezing a lot.
Keeping an eye out on her. Hope it is just a side effect of the vaccination

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
A bad vaccine reaction would be like, swelling in the face and being sick to the stomach and lethargy (source: my cat had a bad reaction to his first rabies vaccine and now gets a benadryl shot with his annual shots). If the cat can breathe and eat she's probably ok. If she suddenly has a personality change, or if you notice it getting worse, that might be an issue. If you got her from a shelter, she might have cat herpes, a flare up of which iirc can be triggered by stress (like a vet trip) and looks like a cold. Also not really a major issue. Keeping an eye out is the right call.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Thank You. I got her from a friend who's cat had kittens. they've been with me since they were 12 weeks old.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

It keeps happening

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Same, but with Glitch hopping in the shower every single time so she can get wet.

My cat likes having showers :psyduck:

At least now I don't have to stress about brushing her down constantly! :v:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

slave to my cravings posted:

Don’t prank your cat. He will not be amused.

Yeah, I won't. He'd freak the gently caress out

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Thumposaurus posted:

It keeps happening

Your cat has a chopped off ear like my mom's cat.

Includes: my mothers insightful commentary

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

They usually clip the left ear when they spay them, it's a universal sign

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Yeah I'm aware I just like whenever I see one

E: hack job

computer angel fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 14, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What do you guys do with old toys? There's a shitload of cat toys we have that our cats ignore because they aren't one of two preferred styles of toy. Do you throw them out or should I look for a shelter near me to give them to?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I give them to friends who also have cats, or leave them in a cupboard for a year or two until I find them again and the cats think they're new again.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah my mates cats gets all of Artichoke’s handmedowns/cat things he is way too big for. Piggy loves them

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I keep a supply of the bird feather toy.
last one they managed to destroy 1 second after it was unpacked.
They absolute love it.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

computer angel posted:

Your cat has a chopped off ear like my mom's cat.

Includes: my mothers insightful commentary

Yeah they clipped them at the shelter after neutering. These guys were slated to go into a barn cat program the shelter thought they were too crazy to be house cats ever again.
One of the workers noticed they were coming around a bit and worked with them alot until they said they were fit to adopt.

Shelter cats are cool

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Assholes sob pitifully if I shut my bedroom door, but when I let them in before passing out for a much needed nap, they decide that I am much more comfortable than a pet bed, and proceed to climb onto me. And every few minutes they work their way closer and closer to my head, in order to properly smother me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Annath posted:

Assholes sob pitifully if I shut my bedroom door, but when I let them in before passing out for a much needed nap, they decide that I am much more comfortable than a pet bed, and proceed to climb onto me. And every few minutes they work their way closer and closer to my head, in order to properly smother me.

Diagnosis: are cats.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Snapchat gave my fiancee memories of our first Christmas in the apartment.

He was surprisingly okay with the snow. This is the cat that peed on me when I was carrying him to the car and it was raining out.

We gave them their Christmas presents today. A bag of crinkle balls and a bunch of catnip mice.

I gave rear end in a top hat and bean both their own which he promptly decided wasn't enough and he wanted the other 10 instead.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Diagnosis: are exceedingly good cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Len posted:

What do you guys do with old toys? There's a shitload of cat toys we have that our cats ignore because they aren't one of two preferred styles of toy. Do you throw them out or should I look for a shelter near me to give them to?

Only overused/destroyed toys get thrown out. The rest live in an ever growing pile that the little sods almost completely ignore