Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

See: Shigechi being in a position to easily kill Josuke, Okuyasu and Kira using Harvest. Like, in absolutely any other hands, Harvest is ludicrously dangerous just because no one can fight 500+ tiny things who are apparently strong enough that if even one gets through, can maim you.

To be fair, I don't think he actually wanted to kill the former two (aside from when he tried to drop them off a building) and was afraid for his life in the latter case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Thumbtacks posted:

It’s really cool seeing those, I never realized that some jojo poses are dumb fashion poses but it makes perfect sense

the fashion world in general is a huge influence on the series as a whole

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ranzear posted:

This is probably my favorite fight in Jojo now, because it's presented like "Formaggio susses out the enemy stand" instead of the norm.

Yeah, it's not often that the bad guys go into the fight having no idea what the heroes are capable of.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Which fashion mag is this from

https://i.imgur.com/jY8NlSh.gifv

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Somewhere there's a photo of a model sitting in this pose surrounded by knives floating in midair.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If Formaggio had just waited around he'd probably have been screwed when Narancia switched cars. Or if he'd gotten to the hideout he would have to get away from there undetected as well, because if he's spotted he'd have to deal with six guys with unknown Stand powers, and then he'd be completely screwed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cerebral Bore posted:

If Formaggio had just waited around he'd probably have been screwed when Narancia switched cars. Or if he'd gotten to the hideout he would have to get away from there undetected as well, because if he's spotted he'd have to deal with six guys with unknown Stand powers, and then he'd be completely screwed.
Yeah, Mista would have shot him in the dick. Then he would've died, probably with Narancia laughing at him for being shot in the dick. At least this way he'll just be eaten by rats, like a real Italian.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To be fair, I don't think he actually wanted to kill the former two (aside from when he tried to drop them off a building) and was afraid for his life in the latter case.

Right, that's my point. Had Shigechi actually wanted to kill them, he absolutely could have, with quite a degree of ease. Kira didn't even see Harvest coming until they were in position to murder him with one blow.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira was insanely good at his first Stand fight. Like yeah his opponent was a grade schooler but he didn't even blink the first time a victim fought back

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

Yeah, Mista would have shot him in the dick. Then he would've died, probably with Narancia laughing at him for being shot in the dick. At least this way he'll just be eaten by rats, like a real Italian.

The Abbachio would have replayed him getting shot in the dick over and over while the rest of the gang had a dance-off.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
What would even make his Stand to make Sheer Heart Attack? Why does he know how to use that? "Shoot! That woman is all the way over there! And I'm over here!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Expect My Mom posted:

What would even make his Stand to make Sheer Heart Attack? Why does he know how to use that? "Shoot! That woman is all the way over there! And I'm over here!"

Look, sometimes you just want to have something with no weaknesses, and then your Stand delivers. That's a good master-cat relationship.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Cats have no masters.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The common thread of Killer Queen’s abilities is that they’re all about erasing Kira’s worries. Killer Queen erases the evidence of his murders. Sheer Heart Attack goes after whatever he sics it on relentlessly while he can just grab a coffee. And Bites the Dust keeps someone who knows his secret from telling anyone else and remotely kills anyone going after him without him even having to know it’s happening.

I could see Sheer Heart Attack being used in a situation where someone saw him commit a murder and immediately ran for it. And Kira being just like “oh cool I can do this too”

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Is there any subs that fix the names but leave everything else from CR? I have a CR sub but the names are getting on my nerves this part for some reason. :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That would likely be because practically every name in this part is going to be censored.

I imagine Part 6 will be the same.

But as far as I'm aware, there is no "Original Stand Name" subtitle group.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Quick check on :filez: gives at least one scrub group who works off Horrible and by proxy CR subs. But I settle for Horrible so nothing overall quality of the scrub.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't find it really matters since the characters say the real stand names pretty clearly anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good news: I just realized that the DiU dub is gonna get to Kira earlier than I thought, in two episodes!

Bad news: This Saturday is the last proper Toonami broadcast of the year and we'll still have to wait til January :negative:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope Kira enjoys Christmas with his severed hand girlfriend.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

RatHat posted:

I don't find it really matters since the characters say the real stand names pretty clearly anyway.

Some people just tune out all of the dialogue when they watch subs. That’s how you get snobs who only watch anime subs yet can’t pronounce any of the characters’ names.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Some people just tune out all of the dialogue when they watch subs. That’s how you get snobs who only watch anime subs yet can’t pronounce any of the characters’ names.

A lot of people just read a lot slower than others, too. Some people can just glance at the screen and catch everything, others can barely finish before the next thing comes up. Changes how you see foreign film.

Darko fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 12, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Hearing and replicating something isn't necessarily easy and it can depend on several things. Someone with a strong accent and dialect is going to struggle copying specific ways of speaking their own language, never mind that of a different country.

As for me, I have a solid idea of how you're supposed to say Japanese words I've never heard if you're romanised them, I just don't give a gently caress to actually do so correctly.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i like the part where our pal Joe Sook did a real good punch on Yoshi-kayg Kai-ra

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I'm just a picky old bastard and like the obvious english to match in subtitles. :shrug:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there any subs that fix the names but leave everything else from CR? I have a CR sub but the names are getting on my nerves this part for some reason. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxsoSQGtBgc

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
incredible

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I like how the bomb tank specifically calls attention to itself, which plays into kira's whole hidden arrogance thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/READPHF/status/1073001293021700098

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

giorno's stand is bullshit but it's made better by the fact that abbacchio hates him and his stupid dumb power that makes no sense

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yinlock posted:

I like how the bomb tank specifically calls attention to itself, which plays into kira's whole hidden arrogance thing

It's a very insistent ability

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

I have not stopped watching this and I need the whole season done like this

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Willsun posted:

I have not stopped watching this and I need the whole season done like this

that was insanely funnier than i thought it was gonna be

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

drjuggalo posted:

that was insanely funnier than i thought it was gonna be

"works every time"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Someone help. I can't stop listening to Freek'n You.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I sing Freek’n You at my cat with some modified lyrics legitimately every morning

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I feel like the word "some" is doing some pretty heavy lifting in that sentence.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
What must I say (oh tell me)
What must I do (what must I do?)
To show how much
I think about pet'n you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was expecting the spider part to be more unsettling. But yay, Narancia's backstory.

And (the) next (two) week(s) is the last introductory fight. :dance: