Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Potsticker posted:

Miki wouldn't have been a bad choice, either, since he's getting pretty low as well.
Also I'm imagining Kozue crashing the dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

PetraCore posted:

Also I'm imagining Kozue crashing the dinner.

I'm actually pretty relieved you all didn't pick Miki, because his dinner scene can lead to his nude shower scene, which I wasn't particularly looking forward to writing up.

Update tomorrow.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Well crap. we definitely should have picked Miki, then.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Update XX: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Note: this update will be short. It's unavoidable. I was going to double up with a different dinner scene to pad it out, but the scenes are simply too long to double up and have the update be reasonable. That said, the update after this, the Day 2 finale, will be very decently sized to compensate. My apologies for the mini-update this time.

Patter Song: Then, why don't we call Juri-san?

Last time, we decided to invite Jury to dinner. We saw her naked earlier today, might as well continue getting closer to her.

Hey, young lady! I've been the only guy at outings with a bunch of girls and...yeah, never mind, you have a point.

Utena: Yeah, but I dunno if she'll come...

Anthy: At any rate, let's try phoning her.

With the exception of Miki, Utena is very skeptical about inviting any of the Student Council to dinner, though she hasn't yet formed an opinion either way about Chigusa. In Jury's case, you'll remember that Utena just won a duel with her a few days ago, given the placement of when this game happens, and Jury was not very nice to Utena in episode 7.

Soundtrack: Jab Up Beautyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BB8ZXD-AVI

Jury: I wasn't expecting to be invited to dinner by all of you.

Utena: It wasn't so much 'all of us' as it was her.

Jury: You...?

Aww.

Patter Song: I mean, don't take anything weird from that! I just...

Aww...so cute and awkward and earnest. Looks like she likes Jury just as much as you do, thread. She's probably also impressed after Jury beat her in both fencing and fighting games today: Jury has asserted dominance and we are reduced to one of her Ohtori fangirls, and must hope for, at best, a senior role in their ranks.

Utena: Well, instead of standing around, let's go on in to the dining room. We can talk there.

Jury: Sure. Please show me the way, then.

Patter Song: Uh, sure! It's right over here...

What a great shot! I love the dinner scenes, it's characters who never really act civilly to each other hitting it off.

Utena: Ah...yeah. I guess...

Anyway, this is an awkward topic.

Utena did fight Jury, and while Utena is strong, Jury outclassed her in every way.

Utena, exhausted and weak, turned to her one trump card: invoking the miraculous Power of Dios. Jury, as we know, has sworn to disprove miracles.

Jury promptly did so, disarming Utena even through her Prince possession and preparing for the final blow, the blow that would prove Shiori wrong.

Of course, we know how that ended up. Utena's sword, knocked into the sky, falls back to the ground and neatly pierces Jury's rose right in her moment of triumph. A stunning reversal. One might even say...a miraculous reversal.

Patter Song: (Oh no! Utena is engaged to Anthy...so doesn't that mean Jury-san lost? It's a really awkward atmosphere...What should I do...? Well, uh...)

Of course, Protagonist-Us knows nothing of these details. She's clueless but not so clueless that she doesn't realize she's navigating in extremely dangerous waters. Jury refuses to say anything, Utena is evasive, and Anthy obviously can't/won't (let's face it, it's won't) break the tension, so it's up to us.

I know I said I'd just fiat the minor choices, but in this case, it's running into my desire to make you all earn your Jury points, since you all clearly want Patter Song to seduce her. She's at a dinner party with Jury, Anthy, and Utena, and she's broached a really dangerous topic. She can either Talk about how strong Utena must be, Talk about how weak the Frencing Club President Jury must be that she lost to Utena, or Say that fencing is all about luck. One of the great things in the game's writing is that these three options are the exact same as the options you get if the Protagonist decides to invite Saionji to dinner, but Saionji and Jury react completely differently to the three answers.

Before I let you go, I'm going to insist that you cover one more, critically important, vote for me. This will prevent a microupdate next time. It is the final vote of Day 2: who is Patter Song thinking about as she lays in bed?

Whichever option you choose here, Patter Song will go for a midnight stroll and run into. The scenes range from minor chats to major moments depending on who you pick.

The options are, from favorite to least favorite according to the thread from last time we voted on them:

Jury Arisugawa, the fencer/gamer/bowler/model/Student Council wonder girl extraordinaire.
Chigusa Sanjouin, mysterious, ominous, extremely rude girl who is a 17 year old 8th grader and wears fetish attire, who tried to sabotage us in math class. Swore to make us vanish after defeating Utena in a duel.
Utena Tenjou, the girl whom we slept with last night. Want to go two nights running? Maybe it should be a tradition.
Miki Kaoru, aka the guy whose sister is probably banging Chigusa.
Touga Kiryuu, Student Council President and possibly/possibly not our long-lost stepbrother.
Kyoichi Saionji, ultra-traditionalist, woman-beater, Kendo master, and general jerk.

I'm sorry for inundating you all with votes, but the double vote now is really helpful to avoid a microupdate. Next time, we will finish Day 2. Until then, The Absolute Destiny Apocalypse.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 9, 2018

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I'll be honest, I completely forgot Saionji has a first name.

Let's try for Utena is strong and AlwaysJuri.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Utena is strong

telling Jury she's weak feels like a bad idea, but telling fencers that their art is random sounds like a terrible one.

Kinmochi Saionji

only because no one else will vote for him; if need be I will switch to make sure Jury wins lol

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Utena is stronk and Utena, who is stronk

lift me up on bubblegum hair~

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Utena is strong seems like a safe bet that Juri will be able to appreciate. Also going for Saionji again, still worried about what happens if someone gets too far low in percentage. Also, maybe it's been long enough that we'll actually see his better side. I am also really curious about seeing more Touga, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for this group of protagonist voters.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Utena is strong, AlwaysJuri

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Utena is strong, since the other two options are likely to piss Juri off. Also, Always Be Voting Juri.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pure dumb luck that Utena won and NO ONE WAS INJURED BY THE FALLING SWORD. Also, we should meet Chigusa lest we incur the witch's wrath. She is a witch, right? With her manipulation powers? Let's not piss off the witch.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Utena is strong.

Also I could have sworn it was Kyoichi Saionji, though I'd prefer using the late night slot on Miki.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

AweStriker posted:

Utena is strong.

Also I could have sworn it was Kyoichi Saionji, though I'd prefer using the late night slot on Miki.

You're right. Brain fart, confused him with the guy he's named after. Fixing.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
I feel like Duels are luck will offend everyone at the table equally so let's go with that. And let's go say hi to Chigusa.

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism
Utena is strong has the best intentions out of three complete lies, at least. And then let's do the midnight meetup with Utena.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Utena is strong and let's meet up with Chigusa

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Utena is strong since I doubt Jury would appreciate being called weak, and saying that fencing is all about luck would insult her too.

And we're thinking about Chigusa

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Utena is Strong and let's worry about Chigusa.

EDIT: I think calling Juri weak is wrong, and saying fencing is about luck insults the skill involved. If you conclude that Utena was strong, though, it's respecting Juri as a strong contender. I don't know if that's the right answer for Juri, but it seems like the honorable choice.

It'd be funny if that was the right choice and reasoning for Saionji, but not Juri.

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009
Utena is strong seems like the least worst option and I'm still curious about Chigusa.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Utena is strong like an ork and let's dream of Jury piercing our heart with her sword as elegantly as she did with lilies.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Utena is strong and let's have an awkward night meeting with Saionji.

Patter, you do know that complaining about Miki's shower scene makes at least me very curious about it now, right?

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Utena is strong. I feel like the absolute worst thing to say would be that it's all about luck, because that skews awful close to those "miracle" things Juri hates so much.

Gonna vote for a midnight rendezvous with Utena for variety, but I'll also be happy with Juri or Chigusa.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Patter, you do know that complaining about Miki's shower scene makes at least me very curious about it now, right?

The image isn't the problem, really. He's shot from the waist up. It's the Protagonist's very creepy commentary that I'm not comfortable with.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

No Miracles. But, perhaps, luck

And obviously Miki is our sleepless prince

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Patter Song posted:

The image isn't the problem, really. He's shot from the waist up. It's the Protagonist's very creepy commentary that I'm not comfortable with.

Ah, at the end of the day, Patter Song is a goon after all.

And let's try to run into Chigusa tonight. I'm down with hooking up with Juri too, but if Utena taught me anything, it's probably not healthy for us to eat, sleep, and breathe our romantic interest. Let's allow her some space now and then.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Will call tomorrow.

Currently:

Chigusa 7
Jury 4
Utena 3
Saionji 3
Miki 2
Touga 0

Feel free to change your votes over the next 24 hours if you feel its necessary. Just make a new post saying you're doing so.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The Saionji Pity Vote Initiative continues

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Leraika posted:

The Saionji Pity Vote Initiative continues

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jury duty.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Utena's not gonna win, so I'm with Team Juri

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

Jury!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Changing my vote form Chigusa to help continue The Saionji Pity Vote Initiative

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blue Labrador posted:

Changing my vote form Chigusa to help continue The Saionji Pity Vote Initiative

And you just changed the vote from 7 Jury, 7 Chigusa, 5 Saionji to 7 Jury, 6 Chigusa, 6 Saionji. This isn't an dffective way of blocking Jury, if that's your goal.

Vote closes in 2 hours.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A vote for Juri is a vote for jury's boobs.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'd rather see Jury.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Changing from Miki to Sayonji

DOWN TO THE WIRE

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jury 8, Saionji 7, Chigusa 6. Calling it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Poor Saionji, always second place. :rip:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

boob based politics works in Utena game, nobody surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

T-man posted:

boob based politics works in Utena game, nobody surprised

Joke's on you if boobs are what you were voting for: missing Utena's shower scene.

Also, Chigusa's and Touga's scenes in that are some of the best in the game, Touga's especially so. I think I'll show Touga's scene for that as a bonus next update, if it doesn't add too much to the length.