Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean...if they all had superpowers and were literally the only force on Earth capable of stopping Jeff Bezos’ army of super murder drones then your analogy might hold up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Most people would probably quite like the idea of invincible supermen lording over everyone else... provided said supermen were on their side, of course. :v:

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
“We need to know who you are, Supergirl!”

“Erm, I’m Joan Smith. From, erm, Townville.”

“That’s good enough for me, the dumb Trump analogy!”

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
She could’ve said her name Melissa and she’s from Texas. For amazing meta points.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I skipped out, i'm sick of all the Altright bollocks. What's new... we past that poo poo yet?

Is the new trans chick a superhero yet?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

I skipped out, i'm sick of all the Altright bollocks. What's new... we past that poo poo yet?

Is the new trans chick a superhero yet?

Honestly, kind of same. I made it up the Agent Liberty backstory episode and the show just got too uncomfortable to watch anymore. Also, I have a real problem sitting down and live-watching shows airing on Sundays. Have for years, it's the reason why I bailed on The Walking Dead long before it actually went to poo poo irreparably. I hope they move the show back to a weeknight for Season 5.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean they have DVR's and the CW app. You don't need to live watch poo poo.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, I'm almost never home when these shows are actually airing. I just catch them on the app the day after.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Plus watching it when it airs means watching commercials. No ones got time for that.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Why didn't she just 'out' herself as Kara Zor'El? Does anyone not in on her secret even know she has a human alter ego?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I mean she seems to be on call 24/7 anyways, might as well use it.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
No idea if Superman is supposed to be off planet still visiting Erica Durance or not, but I'm trying to imagine President Tron showing up to grill Superman the same way about who he "really" is.

Superman isn't even part of the DEO and he's doing his thing. Seems like Kara could keep doing hers as well.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Mortanis posted:

No idea if Superman is supposed to be off planet still visiting Erica Durance or not, but I'm trying to imagine President Tron showing up to grill Superman the same way about who he "really" is.

Superman isn't even part of the DEO and he's doing his thing. Seems like Kara could keep doing hers as well.

Trying to understand the political structure of this universe is wild. A full on Daxamite alien invasion fleet happned; They got 99% of the way to killing the President by splashing Air Force One, blasted skyscrapers and created internment camps in the streets to the point where the Callista Flockhart has to go on TV to tell people resist and rise up... And the DEO is still this relatively tiny operation.

There was a literal attempt at the end of humanity and the response was "eh maybe a little more oversight?" I think that's why I find the thrust of the story they're trying to tell is good but the execution is really lacking. I'm concerned about how they might deal with a Russian Supergirl for the same reasons. That said I'm glad they fixed gun violence by making sure that a Government agency has sole access to magic alien guns that don't kill quite as hard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it was pretty clear that it wasn't a "Supergirl has to stop Supergirling" thing. It was a "If Supergirl wants to have the backing, support, resources, and access that comes with being part of a government agency its time for her to fill out the paperwork and get vetted like everyone else."

But yes, comic book government and politics never make any sense. The only genre show I ever remember actually kind of pulling that off was Stargate SG-1 that would devote an annual clip show each season to updating us on the political state of the Stargate division. Which I appreciated because I'm a nerd.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Goddamnit, my local CW missed most of the intro voiceover, was that Clark doing it?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

Goddamnit, my local CW missed most of the intro voiceover, was that Clark doing it?

Nope, Deegan.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
First of all Tyler Hoechein is amazing.

Second, no JWS makes me sad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I have enjoyed how Kara's had a good grasp on the situation this whole time. She's really eclipsed the boys as a hero.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

GARY!!,

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

How is ersatz Superman better than the real deal?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Because he's minimizing the collateral damage. It feels like a kinda pointed shot at Man Of Steell

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

Because DCEU completely missed the point of the Nolan Batman/thought Marvel was too kiddy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They're literally trying to do a variant of the Superman movie except slightly more phyiscally possible and still bullshit.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

J'onn didn't seem phased much by that fire on his back...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What's with the hammer that Lois had? I think I missed that.

Edit: Well that explains why Superman will be MIA for the rest of the season.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 12, 2018

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Superman can't be having no bastard child.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So is no one gonna question that Lois Lane and Clark Kent are going to go missing for more than nine months? Also Superman not being in Metropolis?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

HELL YEAH

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well oh poo poo, they're going for it eh?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
DCTV calling its shot early.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
OH poo poo. THEY'RE FINALLY DOING IT.

It makes sense to call it early so all of the other series' writers prepare accordingly.

Arrow S8 will probably deal with whatever deal Ollie made with the Monitor and maybe poo poo from the Psycho Pirate and Doctor Destiny
Flash S6 will probably deal with whatever omens or transdimensional anomalies are coming about. Maybe some light Dimension hopping
Supergirl S5 maybe might be doing Legion of Three Earths or something
Legends S5 should be doing proper Dimension hopping
Black Lightning S3 would ostensibly just think nothing is amiss unless they get involved

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Alex with the bad wig.

J'onn and Brainy getting like 30 seconds of screentime. :negative:

Xelkelvos posted:

OH poo poo. THEY'RE FINALLY DOING IT.

It makes sense to call it early so all of the other series' writers prepare accordingly.

Yea that's a good idea. Incorporating all the story elements of the upcoming crossover into the shows.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 12, 2018

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Loved that Lois was wearing Margot Kidder’s dress from the balcony/flying scene in Superman at the end, there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So has Amell (or anybody involved with Arrow production) said anything about quitting because I feel like Ollie's deal with the Monitor has to be some Faustian pact ending with him dying at the end of Crisis, right? No one does a dramatic off stage deal that doesn't end in their death...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That felt anti climatic, but fallout from this would be way more interesting than what the shows were dealing with before it.

Also, did the CW okay the use of "dick" as an insult? Its been used a lot lately.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

So has Amell (or anybody involved with Arrow production) said anything about quitting because I feel like Ollie's deal with the Monitor has to be some Faustian pact ending with him dying at the end of Crisis, right? No one does a dramatic off stage deal that doesn't end in their death...

Amell wants Arrow to beat Smallville’s 10 year run, so I think he’s keen to keep going until they literally tell him to stop and go home.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TwoPair posted:

I’m calling a One More Day situation where he’s sacrificed his relationship with Felicity because he saw what it was turning her into, but it ends up that not loving Oliver is what makes her a supervillain in the future scenes.

twistedmentat posted:

Also, did the CW okay the use of "dick" as an insult? Its been used a lot lately.

They’re testing the waters for when, in Black Lightning, Jefferson finally confronts Tobias and calls him “Moby Dickhead”.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

I’m calling a One More Day situation where he’s sacrificed his relationship with Felicity because he saw what it was turning her into, but it ends up that not loving Oliver is what makes her a supervillain in the future scenes.

Ugh, you're probably right. I mean Felicity may not be the best, but I'd much rather have the chance of her and Oliver having a decent relationship rather than having loving divorce drama (since she's also probably not gonna leave any time soon).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
There’s no divorce drama if their relationship is retroactively erased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Okay, I laughed at Superman's Worst Pal.