Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Why take the maze when you can bust on through the walls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
THE FRIENDSHIP FUSION IS NOT A LADDER

IT IS A UNION OF SOULS!!!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Punching a nerd and hugging your bro at the same time? Ollie Oop is very powerful.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

I use "grits and grace boyo" in real life when people ask me how I did something or how something works.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

Punching a nerd and hugging your bro at the same time? Ollie Oop is very powerful.

He's the Muscle of this operation. And the Brains, and the Heart.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/paranatural-returns-january-1st

Wooo! Returns Jan 1st.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Spender’s expression trying to bond over a video game makes me so glad this comic is coming back.
I was worried Zach was going to move on. Hope they have time to draw some buffer comics!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"Are ya winnin', son?"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember when almost the entire thread was absolutely certain zack was going to quit

that was weird

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
No, it really wasn't. Webcomics just never come back from hiatus all the time.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
And sometimes, webcomics go on an infinite hiatus with their last update being "I'm back!" so...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

And then others go for 10 years and end and leave a mark on the internet like.... Dominic Deegan?

Honestly I don’t know many webcomics that do end.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And then others go for 10 years and end and leave a mark on the internet like.... Dominic Deegan?

-8-bit theater
-Dr McNinja
-?????

Edit: Problem Sleuth I guess? I don't count the way Homestuck finished as an "ending". Plus the series is still ongoing in in video game form.

Edit 2: I originally had Sluggy Freelance on that list but I checked and somehow IT'S STILL loving GOING! :psyduck:

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 12, 2018

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Last I checked it seemed like Sluggy was in the endgame. A suuuper protracted half-decade long finale, but a finale nonetheless.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

readingatwork posted:

-8-bit theater
-Dr McNinja
-?????

Edit: Problem Sleuth I guess? I don't count the way Homestuck finished as an "ending". Plus the series is still ongoing in in video game form.

Edit 2: I originally had Sluggy Freelance on that list but I checked and somehow IT'S STILL loving GOING! :psyduck:

Uh, wasn't Achewood a long-running popular webcomic?

Also Hark, a Vagrant :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
digger

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patware posted:

remember when almost the entire thread was absolutely certain zack was going to quit

that was weird

I was just hoping Zach would delay their return until like August and have a pair of robot arms so they could speed draw everything like Sunny in iRobot.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I remember enjoying Digger a lot but also cannot for the life of me recall how it ended

Or much of anything about the middle of it tbh

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The widdershins person's previous Evil DnD Campaign Comic ended.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I remember enjoying Digger a lot but also cannot for the life of me recall how it ended

Or much of anything about the middle of it tbh

Digger defeated the dead god / shadow / He-That-Is, Ed died (by sacrificing himself to kill the shadow/god), Digger returned to the temple, mysterious whatshisface merchant with the two-headed mount was there and said "you're late but we can still go". The end.

Man, I love Digger. Such a great story.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Now you guys made me look at some of the old lovely webcomics I used to read back in the day. I looked up one called CaptainSNES and found it's still loving updating somehow (or at least last update was Oct 26th). It started in 2001!
https://www.captainsnes.com/2001/07/

Otherwise, Kid Radd was a good one that was unique, and finished its story. It tried a bunch of HTML tricks to render its pages and sync things up. It ran for two years.
https://www.bgreco.net/kidradd.htm

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

KidRadd gives me nostalgia for the earlier internet, before "reddit" meant anything.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

reignonyourparade posted:

The widdershins person's previous Evil DnD Campaign Comic ended.

About once a year I get an impulse to go back and finish Darken, because when I was reading it live I was positive it'd never actually end-end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RandallODim posted:

About once a year I get an impulse to go back and finish Darken, because when I was reading it live I was positive it'd never actually end-end.
Wait, what the gently caress, Widdershins is by the same author as Darken?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looking through my bookmarks; Darken, Zebra Girl, Demon, Indefensible Positions, and Hinges.
But a lot of series that had just stalled out unfortunately so that's an ending I guess? :shrug:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

which ends first: Schlock Mercenary or the Sun

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
which ends first: the Erfworld Book 5 Prologue or the Sun

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Hi it's me, Future Renaissance Robot, posting from the far flung year of 2025 to say that Gunnerkrigg Court finally finished probably

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

Hi it's me, Future Renaissance Robot, posting from the far flung year of 2025 to say that Gunnerkrigg Court finally finished probably

This is Future IUG account sharing this past IUG account to say it was worth it.

Note to past IUG. Sorry, they never come out with more paperback copies of Dr McNinja. :smith:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This is Space T-man here to say that the sun couldn't match the lifespan of The Simpsons, which is now on it's one trillionth season.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

T-man posted:

This is Space T-man here to say that the sun couldn't match the lifespan of The Simpsons, which is now on it's one trillionth season.
Mr. Flanders now does nothing but float through his yard T-posing and quoting passages from Leviticus.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

Mr. Flanders now does nothing but float through his yard T-posing and quoting passages from Leviticus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zY9z7IP-1Q

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm glad to see Don Hertzfeld is still animating.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Narbonic ended, and Skin Horse is absolutely in the endgame/last arc.

El Goonish Shive, however, will go on forever and probably keep improving but new readers won't be able to get into it bc you have to read the old stuff to understand the new stuff.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Hiatus status: Over!

Looks like chapter 6 is gonna be wild

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I hope chapter 6 is just Steven’s conspiracy theory explanations for everything that’s happened in the story so far

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I had gone kinda cold on this show after how long the last chapter took and the hiatus until now but god drat that chapter six title card pulled me right back in. Let’s loving go!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Link to chapter six title card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Hmm those aliens. Unlikely friendship: Stephen and Alex??