Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ah.

:killing:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mueller's office basically gave Flynn the most positive recommendation they possibly could, signalling they were fine with no jail time, and these people turn around and make a hail mary for a pardon

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas Massacre posted:

This is the jam and I want you to know that I appreciate you 😂

I want to thank DC's Legends of Tomorrow for re-introducing the song to me and using it for the soundtrack of an amazing magical dance fight sequence / in-joke about Neal McDonough.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AegisP posted:

I just don't understand how they keep getting stupider.

because most of them have never had to face consequences for anything, so they don't prepare anything.

so when they get even the tinest bit of poo poo.

they start crying and bitching. insert any kind of dickhead rich/white privilege too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm calling bullshit on this

https://mobile.twitter.com/JudicialWatch/status/1072679934257217536

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sensible people were horrified by the Radio Rwanda Genocide, yet others wondered if they could do the same thing in the US.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

He’s loving delirious. There’s no way he doesn’t know how the market has tanked. I think he’s heading towards the deep end.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's a month old and it just says she has to submit written answers to interrogatories?

it's not very exciting but i assume they wrote it that way to imply she has to be deposed or something

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Catalyst-proof posted:

He’s loving delirious. There’s no way he doesn’t know how the market has tanked. I think he’s heading towards the deep end.

i mean to be fair theres a decent chance nobody's bothered to tell him about the stock market

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Seriously though, this has been your annual reminder that if the nice friendly policeman is just offering to get things straightened out here and now, just the two of us, without needing to go to court or spend money on any fancy lawyer-types, then there’s a good chance you are in incredibly deep poo poo and you need to talk to a lawyer right away. It’s a routine, and they’re good at it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Catalyst-proof posted:

Maybe someone managed to convince him that the economy is not the same thing as the stock market?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

"Oh come on, that can't be what he really said. Let me just click on the video and it'll be some kind of new video prank. Whatever Rickroll thing kids are doing these days...

Holy gently caress."

I know Fox News is completely nutso, but literally advocating anarchy was something that never entered my head. There's libertarianism and then there's saying that the government exists solely to give money to those people and congressmen so burn it all down. Admittedly it's not that much distance between those two points, but they've somehow managed to travel it.

They aren't anarchists, they're feudalists. They want to return to rule by private wealth. The modern conservative project is nothing more or less than the rebuilding of the aristocracy.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh my god. This has got to be the single oldest law enforcement trick in the book, and he was still dumb enough to fall for it. “They were concerned that giving the warnings might adversely affect the rapport”, I’m dying over here.

e: I mean, it certainly was “the quickest way to get this done”, gotta give them that.

Flynn was known by colleagues as a master at gathering intel and having no idea what to do with it. He is some weird intel savant who was high on his own farts entering the White House.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

skylined! posted:

Flynn was known by colleagues as a master at gathering intel and having no idea what to do with it. He is some weird intel savant who was high on his own farts entering the White House.

i remember when he was first picked as national security advisor, NPR had someone who'd worked with him while he was at DIA and her summary was along the lines of "Michael Flynn was clearly very smart and gifted at intelligence work, and also he was manic all the time and regularly showed awful judgment, and that combination makes him incredibly dangerous [to us]"

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

He's certainly got the idiot half of idiot savant down.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Data Graham posted:

Maybe someone managed to convince him that the economy is not the same thing as the stock market?

"Remember how people keep saying that the local weather isn't the global climate? Well..."

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

ZypherIM posted:

Not knowing what you were linking, I was really expecting some ALways Sunny video to be honest.

That transcript about Flynn is just great. Its the FBI, not your "good ol' boys club".

As far as they are concerned the FBI does exist to keep the browns and other inferiors down. If Trump has his way that's what it will become in fact.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

eke out posted:

i remember when he was first picked as national security advisor, NPR had someone who'd worked with him while he was at DIA and her summary was along the lines of "Michael Flynn was clearly very smart and gifted at intelligence work, and also he was manic all the time and regularly showed awful judgment, and that combination makes him incredibly dangerous [to us]"

Was this the same interview with the colleague that shared an office in the field with him? If so, ya, it was amazing and insightful and helps make sense of what has happened since. The dude is smartdumb in a very particular way.

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005

Catalyst-proof posted:

The smart thing to do would be to keep things volatile with disruptive but not overly destructive trade policies and tariffs (as things are now), lie continuously about things going well, and then in a year remove them all, take credit for the market rally, and ride that to the 2020 election.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

yeah. i remember my professor talked about that kinda poo poo. like he was great at finding sources and getting the stuff, but then he would come up with dumb as gently caress theories and weird stupid poo poo. he never should have been promoted that high up.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Convergence posted:

The smart thing to do would be to keep things volatile with disruptive but not overly destructive trade policies and tariffs (as things are now), lie continuously about things going well, and then in a year remove them all, take credit for the market rally, and ride that to the 2020 election.

Yeah but this would require thinking beyond how many scoops of ice cream you deserve tonight.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Smeef posted:

He's certainly got the idiot half of idiot savant down.

The whole Flynn situation is so hosed up. The incoming National Security Advisor got caught on routine evesdropping selling out to a major world power. That is supremely hosed up. And it turns out the prosecutor is bending over backwards asking for the most lenient punishment because everyone else is even loving worse. Unbefuckingleavable.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/gayletrotter/status/1072559236197031937

The replies are on point for the most part.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ceiling fan posted:

The whole Flynn situation is so hosed up. The incoming National Security Advisor got caught on routine evesdropping selling out to a major world power. That is supremely hosed up. And it turns out the prosecutor is bending over backwards asking for the most lenient punishment because everyone else is even loving worse. Unbefuckingleavable.

well that means flynn is probaly, judges don't like people begging for more when they not even getting a slap on the wrist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

you except you know being a conservative is choice.

but as a counter point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13CSWRyaAgA

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/11/politics/pelosi-aide-trump-meeting-own-shutdown-wall-manhood/index.html

Hahaha no loving way, but if so she really is good at this game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nice. god i hope he goes on a rant about his dick size tomorrow.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Morbus posted:

Yeah but this would require thinking beyond how many scoops of ice cream you deserve tonight.

and also the fact that the stock market didn't start freaking out until after the president's party lost the house by a historic margin

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The farms needed this

https://twitter.com/connorobrienNH/status/1072680259043188737

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i love how little the chuds care about anyone. Yemeni or american.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

at no points did aids bring up that the entire platform they were arguing off was 'alright we'll give you SOME wall money though, and we do need to keep the scary Mexicans out yes we agree'

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

How will those poor bomb farmers at LockMart survive this drought?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

skylined! posted:

Was this the same interview with the colleague that shared an office in the field with him? If so, ya, it was amazing and insightful and helps make sense of what has happened since. The dude is smartdumb in a very particular way.

yeah i think that's it, i searched real quick and didn't see it so my memory might be off - i mostly remember her giving brief praise qualified by a kind of terrifying assessment of why he's almost uniquely bad for the position

and turns out she was even more right than anyone knew at the time

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

sexpig by night posted:

at no points did aids bring up that the entire platform they were arguing off was 'alright we'll give you SOME wall money though, and we do need to keep the scary Mexicans out yes we agree'

That's good because it isn't true

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Considering the famine there, that seems extra-ghoulish.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i love how little the chuds care about anyone. Yemeni or american.

Remember when for about 5 minutes the "alt-right" pretended to be against warmongering as part of some sort of isolationism?

Morbus
May 18, 2004

goethe.cx posted:

and also the fact that the stock market didn't start freaking out until after the president's party lost the house by a historic margin

I dunno, the market started tanking in early October, and for months before that there wasn't any huge controversy over what the likely outcome of the midterm elections would be. I think it has more to do with the reality of Donald "Tariff Man" Trump's Wild Ride wrt global trade finally becoming apparent, in an environment where equities were already overvalued and the inevitable interest rate hikes have started to have their effect.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

This is a long way to go for an unfunny joke implying that Ben Shapiro is actually gay....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1072697585327112193

marshmonkey fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 12, 2018