Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Yeah it's another gel decontamination scene and T'Pol is like "I surmise that the surface of the planet may have been particularly hostile for Vulcan physiology. There are places I need to put the gel that I cannot reach".

Trip says " Well gawrsh t'pal whaddya mean?"

Tpol says "I need some kind of tool covered in the gel that is long and wide enough to coat the inside of my reproductive system. However, no such tool appears to be available, and we cannot leave decontamination until I am coated"

Then Trip calls the captain and gets permission for them to beam straight to the doctor to check without finishing decontamination. The doctor confirms they are indeed not contaminated. T'Pol appreciated his professionalism in the situation and they begin dating. After about three months they have a serious adult conversation about interspecies sexual intercourse and whether or not it would be safe and whether or not they want to do that. Trip informs T'Pol he is saving himself for marriage and they decide to tie the knot in a small private ceremony officiated by Archer. They go to Rhode Island for their honeymoon and have loving, careful sex under the covers because Trip has body image issues. They aren't ready for children yet so they use a condom.

I bet that story didn't go the way you were thinking it would!

Would watch again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

EvilTaytoMan posted:

A Barclay version of Hard Time would have him trying to commit another crime so he could be with his virtual-waifu again.
he would straight up mentally reprogram it so he had a thousand years of sweet memories of troi/crusher threesomes in his own palace or something

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

he would straight up mentally reprogram it so he had a thousand years of sweet memories of troi/crusher threesomes in his own spider web

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wait what if he never fully recovered from the deevolution disease and kept it a secret, and her know had the proportional strength of a spider and can shoot webs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wait what if he never fully recovered from the deevolution disease and kept it a secret, and her know had the proportional strength of a spider and can shoot webs

frankly if he just acted more like a spider, we'd have Improved Barclay

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

spiderbarclay vs power rangers is the fic we have waited for our whole lives without even knowing it

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

HD DAD posted:

Their eventual baby plot was actually kinda heartbreaking

Yeah, it's a testament to the show's wildly erratic quality that somehow they got me rooting for that stupid, contrived romance near the end.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUQA8Ife9c

if anybody speaks polish don't ruin this for me

naem
May 29, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

he would straight up mentally reprogram it so he had a thousand years of sweet memories of troi/crusher threesomes in his own palace or something

same

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I really like this piece of art and artstyle. I'd like an animated show or comic strip like this.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

For a recurring character, I'd forgotten how relatively unremarkable Harry Mudd is in his first appearance. "Mudd's Women" is another good example of Star Trek showing it's age.

"What are Little Girls Made of?", "Miri", and "Dagger of the Mind" are all solid scifi concepts that are executed a bit clumsily. Though "What are Little Girls Made of?" is at least clumsy by design.

"The Corbomite Maneuver" is really good. A nice tense episode where showing compassion and humanity is what saves the day. Also it has Clint Howard.

"The Menagerie" is a great 2-parter. Unfortunately, I saw "The Cage" before I saw "The Menagerie," so these episodes mostly remind me of just how good the original pilot for Star Trek was. I love the black version of the Enterprise Bridge, and there are so many details of the props and sets that just make me kind of sad that this show had basically no budget.

"The Conscience of the King" is the kind of morality play that Star Trek does best. Shatner is great in this episode. Also Reilly from "The Naked Time" returns.

"Balance of Terror" is great, every bit as good as I remembered it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I liked that in Starfleet Academy Bridge Simulator, you could hand off Mudd to some aliens he robbed for probable torture and definite execution. You get a 0 for it but IIRC you can still pass that part of the game if you got 100 on every other test in that section

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

Gatts posted:

I really like this piece of art and artstyle. I'd like an animated show or comic strip like this.

unless you mean star trek specifically, you might be in luck, spider-man: into the spider-verse is an upcoming film that's very much in that style

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I didn't realize I'd be risking Sealab 2021 flashbacks if I watched TAS

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

o hay guys whats up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o8kFyeOdfY

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Taken down already? It just says "unavailable" but still shows 24 dislikes lol

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Playing fine for me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:confused: Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, youtube gets weird about showing american network videos up here for whatever reason

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tricky D posted:

You get a girl on a shuttle to Risa and she's not going to say no. Because of the implication.

"The Riker System"

R: Reveal the beard
I: Intrigue a new lover
K: Know them carnally
E: End on good terms
R: Return to the first "R"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Danaru posted:

:confused: Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, youtube gets weird about showing american network videos up here for whatever reason

That's definitely it. I don't know why but sometimes it says "Uploader has not made this video available in your country" and other times (like this time, for me as well) it's just "This video is not available"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Bogus Adventure posted:

R: Reveal the beard
I: Intrigue a new lover
K: Know them carnally
E: End on good terms
R: Return to the first "R"

Thank you for this, friend.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

oh no

i wonder if this will actually be the end of all life in the galaxy

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

the stakes have never been higher

except last season when it was the fate of all life across the literal multiverse

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i love "move along home" because the stakes are LOW and it turns out they were EVEN LOWER THAN THAT!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Pick posted:

i love "move along home" because the stakes are LOW and it turns out they were EVEN LOWER THAN THAT!

Agreed. If you need to resort to 'saving the universe', it means your story/characters aren't all that interesting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Peachfart posted:

Agreed. If you need to resort to 'saving the universe', it means your story/characters aren't all that interesting.

not to mention "saving the universe" doesn't quite incite that proud swell of necessity like it used to

https://twitter.com/a_lolbrarian/status/952346115277574145?lang=en

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pick posted:

galactic Legend of the Hidden Temple whipped rear end and I'm a little sad we never saw it again

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
like think about how much there is to consider in the miles o banana episode "Hard Time" . i mean think aboot that fucker, that's a thinker

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Peachfart posted:

Same if you need to rehash WOK (or at least ape the story) for the millionth time. I liked star trek 4&6 because they took current events (the environment and fall of the Soviet Union) and turned them into sci-fi stories, just like TOS used to do. There's so much poo poo happening in the news today that they could be drawing from, insted of, "HOLY gently caress THIS IS THE 37th TIME THIS WEEK EARTH/THE FEDERATION/THE GALAXY/THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!" which seems to be the only way they think they can get people's interest up enough to tune in or sign up more than once.

Pick posted:

not to mention "saving the universe" doesn't quite incite that proud swell of necessity like it used to

I like to think that people are getting better at calling out lazy writing and changing the channel (stream).

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Blistex posted:

You offer them $20 million for the film, and some executive is going to say to himself, "better hold on to these, if someone is asking 20 million, then ___________ will easily net us more than that".
(they never fill in the blank and sit on the assets forever)

This strikes me as a great opportunity for a pump-and-dump scheme here:

- Buy stock in studio
- Establish industry standard of holding onto properties even more tightly when offers are made, since this indicates there is interest and they can get even more money for it
- Use shell companies to make bogus offers of increasing amount to purchase properties
- Report inflating value of properties as assets in corporate accounting, driving up stock value
- Sell stock at inflated price

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Johnny Aztec posted:

Thank you for this, friend.

The RIKER system guarantees you to enjoy what is best in life. (Spoiler: Conan was wrong)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I'll say this about Disco, it looks very pretty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

This strikes me as a great opportunity for a pump-and-dump scheme here:

- Buy stock in studio
- Establish industry standard of holding onto properties even more tightly when offers are made, since this indicates there is interest and they can get even more money for it
- Use shell companies to make bogus offers of increasing amount to purchase properties
- Report inflating value of properties as assets in corporate accounting, driving up stock value
- Sell stock at inflated price

let's do it!!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

let's do it!!

Settle down, elon

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I downloaded a Super Nintendo rom pack so I could play F-Zero on my 3DS and I found this, can't wait to give it a shot even though it will probably be Very Bad:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I downloaded a Super Nintendo rom pack so I could play F-Zero on my 3DS and I found this, can't wait to give it a shot even though it will probably be Very Bad:

It's gotta be better than the TNG SNES game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Tng game would be good if they tweaked the difficulty a little bit and made the controls a little easier to understand.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Benjamin Sisko's Excellent Synth Rock Running Adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
SNES Starfleet Academy had catchy music.