Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

THC posted:

Wilfred Laurier University’s resident promoter of “open inquiry” who “left the left” because of political correctness, and is definitely NOT a Nazi, is suddenly very concerned about “an overall lack of white babies”

https://twitter.com/NewWorldHominin/status/1072697293462220802

People literally refer to Miss/Brampton as Browntown in the KW area... This concern is not surprising. Also what is with Laurier? I get that being a party school attracts some chuds, but it seems to go way beyond "a few bad apples"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

THC posted:

Wilfred Laurier University’s resident promoter of “open inquiry” who “left the left” because of political correctness, and is definitely NOT a Nazi, is suddenly very concerned about “an overall lack of white babies”

https://twitter.com/NewWorldHominin/status/1072697293462220802

I'm more worried that all girls in Sault Ste. Marie were named Olivia, and all the boys were named Maverick.

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
all the boys in North Vancouver around 9 years old are named Jayden and Kayden.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift posted:

I'm more worried that all girls in Sault Ste. Marie were named Olivia, and all the boys were named Maverick.

Can't believe the most popular name for both boys and girls in Kingston was Tanner

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
my boy Skud and my daughter Wid stand alone, unique in this world

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think "Cowabunga" and my surname go together really well, but for some reason my wife won't give that one the time of day.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

what happened posted:

reminds me of

https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/860225993063239681

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Krz?!

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
5 spellings of Braden smdh

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"Talyn"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

what happened posted:

white_people.txt

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are there any non-terrible male names ending in N other than Ryan?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
"My son is *also* named Kaeden"

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I looked at the next year for sport:
Adam 2
Aidan 3
Alex* 3
Ashton 4
Benjamin 2
Blake 3
Braden 2
Braeden 1
Brayden 2
Brett 4
Carson 3
Colby 4
Cole 2
Dylan 4
Hayden 2
Jayden 5
Karter 2
Keegan 2
Kyle 3
Logan 4
Logen 1
Matt* 6
Noah 3
Nolan 2
Parker 3
Ty 4
Tyler 3
Tyson 3
Zac* 5

Honorable mention: little Hughie Hooker

This draft was 2003 birth year, looks like Ashton Kutcher did both some bad RomCom that did 100m at the box office as well as MTV Punk'd that year.

James Baud has issued a correction as of 08:17 on Dec 12, 2018

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ChairMaster posted:

nylon

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ChairMaster posted:

Steven?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If I had a son, I might name him Gilgamesh.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ChairMaster posted:

Jason as long as you spell it the proper way and not Jaysyn

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

MonsieurChoc posted:

If I had a son, I might name him Gilgamesh.

Menki see....

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

what happened posted:

what happened posted:

Okayden

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

infernal machines posted:

white_people.txt

honorable mention

e.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This weekend we had an event get messed up a bit because the officials got Brayden and Brandon mixed up.

If I have a son, he's getting named Wilfred.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think? Chris??

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think? Chris??

Somehow I doubt that this is the case, but possibly the first three letters of the Polish version of Christopher: Krzysztof.

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the Deadspin article that tweet is from, it mentions "Krz" is pronounced "Cruise". Top gun was a pretty dope movie.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Or maybe an old Quebec name like Theophraste or Onésime or Zotique. TO bring back old traditions.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Oooh yeah like Bréden

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I don't understand how anyone can listen to Baby It's Cold Outside without feeling viscerally uncomfortable. That's the power of nostalgia, I guess

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Elephant Parade posted:

I don't understand how anyone can listen to Baby It's Cold Outside without feeling viscerally uncomfortable. That's the power of nostalgia, I guess

listening to lovely music to own the libs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
rolling coal down the highway yeling merry christmas at the top of my lungs blasting baby its cold outside while making GBS threads conflict diamonds and eating a quadruple bypass burger through a straw yeah snowflakes how you like me now

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Elephant Parade posted:

source your quotes

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

vyelkin posted:

rolling coal down the highway yeling merry christmas at the top of my lungs blasting baby its cold outside while making GBS threads conflict diamonds and eating a quadruple bypass burger through a straw yeah snowflakes how you like me now

plot twist: your a Canadian auto workers shop steward

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

flakeloaf posted:

source your quotes
Parade, Elephant. “Untitled.” Something Awful Forums, Something Awful LLC, 12 Dec. 2018, forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3847177&perpage=40&pagenumber=107#post490652766.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sorry you're uncomfortable to hear a song from the late 40s showing you what consent sounded like in the late 40s, have you considered putting your grandpa's records away, or better yet, not giving a poo poo about seasonal music?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
goddammit shut the gently caress up about the stupid loving song already

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

hey financial post?

yes terrence?

FAAAAAAART

ahahahhaha
ahhahahahha

https://business.financialpost.com/...t#comments-area

quote:

Given the non-existent proximity and lack of obvious synergies between the two utilities, how was the merger conceived? Maybe Hydro One’s top execs, atop their newly “privatized” utility, were out on a Sunday drive along the I-90, looking for takeover action, and came across Avista’s offices. (“Gosh, that’s a nice looking operation. Why don’t we buy it?”) Or maybe the merger scheme was hatched in the offices of the big-time deal-trolling New York financial houses — Moelis & Company and Bank of America Merrill Lynch — who acted as “exclusive financial advisers” on what became Hydro One’s $6.7-billion all-cash offer for Avista.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
never thought id hear the finpo frowning on financial firms brokering needless mergers and acquisitions to make a buck

but i guess anything to defend the honour of a conservative leader

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's actually a good thing doug ford poo poo the bed, those sheets were terrible anyway!

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Anything Doug Ford does to screw the share price of hydro one and punish the people who bought into that privatization is beyond good in my books. Bless the fat man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

You know they're just going to make it back by increasing their margins on delivery, right?