Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Deathy McDeath posted:

gently caress YOU PIG

Наслаждайся подарком. Или нет. :nsa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Woof Blitzer posted:

Наслаждайся подарком. Или нет. :nsa:

я отказываюсь!!!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Deathy McDeath posted:

я отказываюсь!!!

But seriously though, definitely don't inhale, eat, or touch the... item. It would be extremely bad.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Woof Blitzer posted:

But seriously though, definitely don't inhale, eat, or touch the... item. It would be extremely bad.

okay but how am I supposed to look at stuff on these flash drives???

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
So between me, M_Gargantua and Deathy, how long till GIP gets recognized as a nuclear power? I'm starting a stockpile.

Also props to you Woof, you had the courage to send the thing I chickened out on.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Deathy McDeath posted:

okay but how am I supposed to look at stuff on these flash drives???

Plug them in dummy. There's nothing malicious this year.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Woof Blitzer posted:

Plug them in dummy. There's nothing malicious this year.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Not GIP Secret Santa, but kind of related, I entered into the Imgur Secret Santa and... well...

I got McNally'd.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0GKOD0J

Santa spent a Lincoln on this Lincoln.

And got change back.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Something came in the mail!

I’m going to frame this and stick it in my jack shack.

Personalized tool!

I’m actually gonna wear this.

A lot.

Thanks el mags! Hope to visit you and doggo next summer!

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Secret Satan is now more close to Phase Two. International shipping is a go. I love you All!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That shirt loving owns

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

Something came in the mail!

I’m going to frame this and stick it in my jack shack.

Personalized tool!

I’m actually gonna wear this.

A lot.

Thanks el mags! Hope to visit you and doggo next summer!

gently caress YEAH MY DUDE

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My project has completely stopped working and I'm afraid one of you is going to get an Amazon gift card instead. Going to try one more day. :sigh:

I'm still gonna ship (I made extras since it's something GiP might want) but may need help.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My tasty and fashionable present is sent. I’m not one for crazy weird stuff so I hope he enjoys the PNW loot.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

EBB posted:

My project has completely stopped working and I'm afraid one of you is going to get an Amazon gift card instead. Going to try one more day. :sigh:

I'm still gonna ship (I made extras since it's something GiP might want) but may need help.

Let me know if any body needs help getting their shipping done last minute if they need a couple extra bucks or whatever, it's the holidays and poo poo's tight.

I think the "NCO fund" can help out if anyone needs to do last minute shipping

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's ferry nice of you. I'm gonna take a bunch of post-mortem photos so you can all see my hilariously bad craftsmanship on a too-ambitious project.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I SURRENDER

Just a few shots, I'm not posing everything right now.

Santee has been contacted and I'm shelving this two month pain in my rear end. Here's how the gag worked:

1. It's a lockbox. You turn the key, flip the switch, then I was going to include a memo with the code. The outside of the box has "TOP SECRETION" spraypainted on it. When yo input the right code, the solenoid retracts and unlocks the box. This all had lights, sounds, and an LCD display with prompts for the user.

2. In the box I made a foam fitting to hold three objects: a glove, a "urine" sample, and a VHS tape

3. When the person takes out the VHS tape, they see the PCB I had printed with SGT Chowdown on it. It's triggered by light. The PCB plays a simplified Rickroll tune and blinks the yellow LEDs on the hotdog in time with the beat.

A shameful Santa. :(

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
loving amazing

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Syrian Lannister posted:

loving amazing

i was p. proud of my lovely woodburning but thats a whole nother level.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

EBB posted:

I SURRENDER

Santee has been contacted and I'm shelving this two month pain in my rear end. Here's how the gag worked:
1. It's a lockbox. You turn the key, flip the switch, then I was going to include a memo with the code. The outside of the box has "TOP SECRETION" spraypainted on it. When yo input the right code, the solenoid retracts and unlocks the box. This all had lights, sounds, and an LCD display with prompts for the user.
2. In the box I made a foam fitting to hold three objects: a glove, a "urine" sample, and a VHS tape
3. When the person takes out the VHS tape, they see the PCB I had printed with SGT Chowdown on it. It's triggered by light. The PCB plays a simplified Rickroll tune and blinks the yellow LEDs on the hotdog in time with the beat.

DUDE awesome.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Science fair first place material.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I got placed on a ATF and Postal Inspector watchlist just for looking at that.

...I hope my gift is that cool. :(

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Holy poo poo

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

EBB posted:

I SURRENDER

Man that’s awesome.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/NwVNuyfhF0Q

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Lol

Dick

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

i was p. proud of my lovely woodburning but thats a whole nother level.

Your personalized drawing is going in a place of honor in my dad/jack/gun shack.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

I SURRENDER

Man all I got godholio one year was a dissection kit and a subscription to NAMBLA. Your a way better Santa.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That dissection kit is kind of neat though, tbh. I haven't used it for anything, but if I ever put together a proper bugout bag I'd include it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
EBB if it makes you feel any better I was going to write a simple virus that filled the drive volume with pictures of Vladimir Putin, but I couldn’t debug it in time... I have brought shame upon my family

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Should have sent it anyway, that’s fuckin amazing

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I had five or six prototypes manufactured (unassembled), I'm working on a second version now that uses flat SMD parts that I'd like to get down to credit card size. If this is something people are interested in I can look into it in the new year.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that box is amazing

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That is rad as gently caress.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I thought mine was pretty custom but that takes the cake. US Customs forms are a bitch! How did you print the Boards?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

My package stuck around in the air-freight prep terminal in Frankfurt for a few days too long, but is finally in the air as of yesterday morning, should be on time no issue.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

stinkypete posted:

I thought mine was pretty custom but that takes the cake. US Customs forms are a bitch! How did you print the Boards?

PCBway after much instruction from M_Gargantua and a lot of time reading tutorials. They were really patient with me.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A package arrived from Saaahhn Diaaaagoooo...

It's a pipe! Unfortunately it didn't survive the trip, even though it was wrapped in a t-shirt.

They also sent some dank bud! I smoked half of it and now I'm high as gently caress

Also a t-shirt, a grinder and some light reading.

Thanks Satan!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Slim Pickens posted:

A package arrived from Saaahhn Diaaaagoooo...

It's a pipe! Unfortunately it didn't survive the trip, even though it was wrapped in a t-shirt.

They also sent some dank bud! I smoked half of it and now I'm high as gently caress

Also a t-shirt, a grinder and some light reading.

Thanks Satan!

Im sorry the pipe broke. I totally forgot to add

The company of the shirt is legit. Dude is a medically retired Marine vet who is constantly giving poo poo out to vets for free or at cost. I was going to send a tincture but didnt want to get yelled at for sending 'drugs.'

The Jesus book is decent if you want to learn something. It was designed as a map for you to come back to if you got lost too deep in "Faggots"

Be Gay. Smoke Weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
To my secret Santa, I have run into a slight snag. My girlfriend accidentally tossed out the main portion of your present because she thought it was trash. I will now have to find something even better to replace it.