Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Aw what? That's kind of lame.

I gotta be honest, I prefer the over the top "I put my face on the moon just because I loving could" super villain Carmen San Diego who does whatever she wants instead of this Robin Hood nonsense.

Hey, telling the British Museum that this week you're taking the Benin Bronzes after you got the Elgin Marbles last week is pretty super-villainous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Whiz Palace posted:

Off-topic, but was this cliche recently (re)popularized by something, or did we all out-of-the-blue decide to mock it again?
I think it's one of those things that originally was so dumb, so tone deaf, that people will forever mock it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Whiz Palace posted:

Off-topic, but was this cliche recently (re)popularized by something, or did we all out-of-the-blue decide to mock it again?

The internet is built on the back of Simpsons quotes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqz2fl9aJSM

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

In this one, Carmen is a heroic figure who steals from VILE to give back to the rightful owners, but finds herself running afoul of ACME as well.

i could settle for animated Leverage

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

In this one, Carmen is a heroic figure who steals from VILE to give back to the rightful owners, but finds herself running afoul of ACME as well.

Isn't that the back story to the old animated series?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/seewhatsnext/status/1072249616945410050

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Doesn't look bad, but does it:

1. Teach kids history/geography
2. Feature people being called "gumshoe"

This is important.

1. Probably.
2. Probably not.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

1. Probably.
2. Probably not.

Speaking of Carmen Sandiego, the Rockapella still exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVv7vYB5TKY

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Isn't that the back story to the old animated series?

In the old series Carmen wasn't a hero. She was someone who stole things for the challenge of it.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I love Carmen Sandiego and now I find out Gina Rodriguez is voicing her? Hell yeah!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

In the old series Carmen wasn't a hero. She was someone who stole things for the challenge of it.

No, I remember in the animated series that featured those two teen gumshoes she was an ex gumshoe. She actually assisted the gumshoes occasionally.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

No, I remember in the animated series that featured those two teen gumshoes she was an ex gumshoe. She actually assisted the gumshoes occasionally.

IIRC she's generally the kind of villain who tends to avoid actually hurting people and treats it all as a big game, hence the whole edutainment setup. Most of her henchpeople are more brutish, but apparently she hires people like that on purpose out of pity.

Would be down for a series that's basically an origin story for the physics-defying thief.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
She did help them a few times, usually when another baddie was causing trouble like in that 3-parter, but that doesn't mean she's a hero. She stole anything that got her interest. Basically it's all a game to her.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

She did help them a few times, usually when another baddie was causing trouble like in that 3-parter, but that doesn't mean she's a hero. She stole anything that got her interest. Basically it's all a game to her.

I didn't mean she was a hero. But they went into her back story in that series. She was an ex gumshoe who turned to thievery. I looked it up and in "Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?" she was an ex agent of ACME who left and created VILE. It's the only place that wad canon,but this new series could be a prequel to that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I kinda assumed since she seems to be a lot younger than she's usually portrayed as. Her coat's a bit too big.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I would like some of Carmen's backstory in this series but I really want her series to teach us about history or geography.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

I would like some of Carmen's backstory in this series but I really want her series to teach us about history or geography.

"Alright Kids, I will show you some of my backstory, but first turn to page 154 of your world history text book and let's start talking about the inventions produced by the peasantry in medieval England, both in mechanical and medicinal"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Makes me think it's the kinda show that done well might be a lot like the new DuckTales in being a less ironic Venture Bros.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

"Alright Kids, I will show you some of my backstory, but first turn to page 154 of your world history text book and let's start talking about the inventions produced by the peasantry in medieval England, both in mechanical and medicinal"

:argh:

The shows and the videogames was great edutainment.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

I love the SNES games cause they came with completely useless reference materials.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes me think it's the kinda show that done well might be a lot like the new DuckTales in being a less ironic Venture Bros.

I'm hoping for something like Lupin the Third, without the lechery. Lupin's not really a bad guy, he's just on the wrong side of Zenigata. Carmen could slot into this kind of gentlewoman thief role very easily.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
i'm a massive fan of the gentleman thief trope and i do hope they play with that eveunaly in the reboot.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

TV Zombie posted:

I only played Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego (1996 version) and it was fantastic

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
See I had the "Problem" of not knowing of the game-show well into the internet age so I'd always get confused when Carmen Sandiego was mentioned and instead of getting The awesome cartoon's opening I'd get the gameshow's theme and be left awfully confused.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
i don't mind the old version but i prefer the 90s cartoon one. heck, i loved a lot of 90s cartoons growing up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/LarronDugster/status/1073304180968841220

Best reply: "Should have scheduled it for 2 in the AM PM"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Part 2 of Season 2 and Season 3 of Miraculous has been uploaded to Netflix!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

TV Zombie posted:

Part 2 of Season 2 and Season 3 of Miraculous has been uploaded to Netflix!

Season 3 has only just started airing internationally. It's not on netflix yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Then.... what was on Netflix?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqVyois9mp4

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Netflix is calling the back half of s2 "season 2 part 2" on some parts of the site, and "season 3" on others.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
UK Netflix still only has season 1, so I'm still stuck using cheeky sites to watch it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/1075778240185319425

The best part of this is that Apple and Onion is finally coming back.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I thought Gumball was coming to an end soon?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's just Ben's leaving the show and people conflated that with the show ending.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I forgot unikitty existed. Also they're still airing the powerpuff girls reboot?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaunab posted:

I forgot unikitty existed. Also they're still airing the powerpuff girls reboot?

I was convinced it had been cancelled and was just crapping out its episodes Sunday afternoons so they wouldn't lose the IP.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gaunab posted:

It's on it's third season, although it seems no one has any idea if they finished airing all it's episodes yet or if it will have another season

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

So is what is on Netflix, the actual third season of Miraculous or not?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
No.

It is the rest of season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
But just to be confusing, the actual season 3 has already started. (3x02, 'Weredad', reportedly will air in Switzerland before the end of the year.)