Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's really funny is as lousy as my social graces are I'd still be way better at fostering a sense of community than these pieces of poo poo.

Presumably you view other members of humanity as more than chattel to be used for personal gain and lorded over so yeah you're a country mile ahead of rich people in this aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I missed this in all the circus yesterday:

quote:

After she returned to Capitol Hill, Ms. Pelosi said that for Mr. Trump, the wall was “like a manhood thing for him.

“As if manhood could ever be associated with him,” she said.

:stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What the gently caress? Nancy’s good now?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a solid burn but I gotta dock her points for bringing up the words trump and manhood in the same statement.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Good morning!

https://twitter.com/eisingerj/status/1072819898693419008?s=21

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

It's kinda cool how the treat your security as family thing seems to sorta edge towards a feudalism-ish thing. Why not marry your kid to the kid of the head security guy while you're at it and whoops you're there.

God do this as a CK2 fall out spinoff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Squeeze them some more

e: this is not an actual endorsement

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Love to pay IRS auditors decent wages and benefits so they can squeeze pennies on the dollar out of poor people.

You know, instead of pulling in many times their salary going after very rich people who either accidentally screwed up their taxes or deliberately engaged in tax evasion. Or both.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Poor people don't vote so there's no consequences for going after them as an easy target.
GOPthink.txt

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What the gently caress? Nancy’s good now?

Olivia took over for creeper and hack Gil Gilchrist and Nancy hasn't been this good since Bushmiller. She's trying to stay as anonymous as possible since some of the older Nancy fans are rabid.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

Olivia took over for creeper and hack Gil Gilchrist and Nancy hasn't been this good since Bushmiller. She's trying to stay as anonymous as possible since some of the older Nancy fans are rabid.

:golfclap:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Nancy is good now because the wind is blowing hard enough that she's grown a spine. If she doesn't seriously stand up to Trump and do it in public she probably won't survive the next leadership challenge. I would have preferred her to not have to wait until the public opinion polls drifted this way but hey, whatever.

Chuck remains the worst.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Vasudus posted:

Nancy is good now because the wind is blowing hard enough that she's grown a spine. If she doesn't seriously stand up to Trump and do it in public she probably won't survive the next leadership challenge. I would have preferred her to not have to wait until the public opinion polls drifted this way but hey, whatever.

Chuck remains the worst.

Pelosi I can take or leave but I give her points for taking a swing at Trump to his face.

Chuck is an attention whore and I think that can be demonstrated by (as Trevor Noah pointed out) his repeated looking at the camera during the exchange. I couldn't help but pick up on his talking about something "wasteful that doesn't solve the problem" when he's the one who championed an airline pilot hiring law which didn't fix the underlying issue at all. :ironicat: The only thing at all I like about Trump is his needling of him because gently caress Trump otherwise.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I would have preferred her to not have to wait until the public opinion polls drifted this way but hey, whatever.

Chuck remains the worst.

This was my biggest gripe with Hilldawg and her. It's nice that they're willing to change their mind, but having convictions is kinda nice if for some reason a red wave were to come in saying "HEALTHCARE FOR POORS IS BAD"

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

there were some pretty good coverage from propublica this year, I really like their poo poo

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MA-Horus posted:

Poor people don't vote so there's no consequences for going after them as an easy target.
GOPthink.txt

It's also got the added bonus of giving GOP congressmen the ammo to justify downsizing the number of auditors. "We pay each auditor 75,000 a year, but on average each one is only pulling in 56,000 in back taxes and fines. We should get rid of some auditors!"

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Arc Light posted:

That article was a hoot from start to finish. For those who haven't read it:

The writer is a professor at one of the City University of New York campuses, and is fairly well respected in the field of tech culture. When he agreed to speak, he thought he'd be fielding questions about the utility of recent tech advances. It def didn't go the way he expected.

Bonus points for the absolute sociopathy of the wealthy. He suggested that, to keep security forces loyal after the end, rich people could try being nice to their guards now. :lol: Nah, let's just fit them with torture collars and zap them like disobedient dogs.

https://medium.com/s/futurehuman/survival-of-the-richest-9ef6cddd0cc1

I love how the news has solved one of the big things I was struggling with for my next D&D campaign--where do all the dungeons come from? Just saying they're old dwarven ruins or whatever makes everything super generic and boring and hard to come up with ideas for. Making them the survival bunkers of the hyper-wealthy who ruined the last great civilization is way better.

Delving into the lair of the forgotten Vampire Lord Peter Thiel to loot his riches.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

Chuck remains the worst.

Pelosi just kind of leads from her base of support or if she's unopposed, the vague middle of the caucus. When the house dems were chock-a-block with blue dogs who were more like 1908 Democrats than 2008 Democrats, she was considerably further toward the right, but managed to pass the ACA in the house with the public option intact.

The blue dogs are gone and lots of the "moderate liberals" have been replaced with better representatives who have naturally pushed that center toward the left. It's the fabled overton window, and pelosi has the added benefit of knowing who her opposition is. She might not pass any federal rent control laws since she still has to represent her extremely wealthy constituents.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

... that makes a lot of sense. The forgotten Tomb of the Koch Brothers sounds like a module waiting to happen.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/gayletrotter/st...ingawful.com%2F

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

:fuckoff:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Holy loving lol

"I'm a white male well educated Christian conservative I am so discriminated against please pity me, I should be able to be racist as poo poo and no one should be able to call me out on that bullshit. Reverse racism!"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

no because being gay is cool and good

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

No and gently caress you for implying it is.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"I was born to hate poor people, mom, you can't change that!"

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I mean, conservatives do have the "Do Crimes" portion of "Be Gay, Do Crimes" down

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I still want to steal that kid's lunch money.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cohen in court now, sentence imminent

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I know the poster says 'be gay do crime' but why is it that phobic white conservatives seem to be the ones doing most of the crime?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Cohen in court now, sentence imminent

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1072896373270437888?s=19

Fun! I'm betting he gets four years.

Edit: he got 3

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1072900948446580739?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 12, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A conservative's worst nightmare is being treated the way they treat minorities.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Fister Roboto posted:

A conservative's worst nightmare is being treated the way they treat minorities.

Well don't they all get taught in bible school to treat others how they wish to be treated? Maybe they're all just closet masochists? But that would just reflect badly on normal masochists

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Melania posted a cool helicopter video:

https://twitter.com/flotus/status/1072855571185852416?s=21

Where’s OPSEC Wizard when you need him?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cohen got 3 years

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

EBB posted:

Cohen got 3 years

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1072902071936987136?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

got off pretty easy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i mean does that cover his taxicsb medallion scam too or is he still open to prosecution

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

"Says who" you loving moron lmao forever, get shanked oval office

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i mean does that cover his taxicsb medallion scam too or is he still open to prosecution

Isn't that a state level thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Well don't they all get taught in bible school to treat others how they wish to be treated?

:ssh: Conservatives ignore that part of the bible :ssh: