Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I get to move onto chapter 7 (I think). As I do not live with Lady VG and she is just as caught up in the Yakuza 0 story as I, I have been making sure not to advance the plot but still wishing to play it. As such I have taken over the Leisure King district with all S ranked properties and am now working on the gambling king properties. :D

What is the easiest way to find new managers, security and investors? I have quite a few but am missing 50% still. Also I cannot wait to go back a couple of hundred pages and view the posts of those playing it and read the spoilers I avoided :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
You’ll get more by completing substories. They’ll hang around the office and then you recruit them.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Policenaut posted:

Hey so quick question: how do Cities Skylines and Darkest Dungeon fare on PS4 Pro? I'm not able to really PC game at the moment and I've been thinking of picking them up on the Christmas sale but I figured I'd ask around first.

I have a launch PS4 and Cities Skylines runs great on it, they've also been really good at supporting it and have even upgraded the version of Unity it runs on so probably runs even better now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I get to move onto chapter 7 (I think). As I do not live with Lady VG and she is just as caught up in the Yakuza 0 story as I, I have been making sure not to advance the plot but still wishing to play it. As such I have taken over the Leisure King district with all S ranked properties and am now working on the gambling king properties. :D

What is the easiest way to find new managers, security and investors? I have quite a few but am missing 50% still. Also I cannot wait to go back a couple of hundred pages and view the posts of those playing it and read the spoilers I avoided :D

I just started Chapter 2. I'm on my way up, I'M A REAL DRAGOON NOW

I also suck rear end at fighting.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I play on easy and use beast mode exclusively for Kiryu and weapon mode for Majima :D Also I just won 300 million yen back of mr shakedown after accidentally bumping into him yet again on my way to buy a high torque 2 motor :D This was my first win against him!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Woodshed the dodging imo. It’s really, really strong when you get a feel for it. I leaned on it for 90% of the fights in the game and barely blocked.

Hmm, dunno, trust your heart. :) Maybe SotC or Bloodborne.

The MH expansion ain't dropping for 9 months.

That’s a good answer :) we’ll see! I just want a slight break from these huge hundred hour packed to the brim with extras games for a game or two. Either one of those would work.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Woodshed the dodging imo. It’s really, really strong when you get a feel for it. I leaned on it for 90% of the fights in the game and barely blocked.

Definitely this! Dodging is a lifesaver in the Yakuza series. I don't even remember how you're supposed to block, shows how much I used it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

I play on easy and use beast mode exclusively for Kiryu and weapon mode for Majima :D Also I just won 300 million yen back of mr shakedown after accidentally bumping into him yet again on my way to buy a high torque 2 motor :D This was my first win against him!

Hold onto the Encounter Tracker once you get one. It'll show exactly where in the city Mr Shakedown currently is on your map if you equip it.

You can also completely break fighting Mr Shakedown over your knee if you get ahold of a Zapgun and unload it into him :blastu:.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

BisterdDave posted:

Mounts in Oblivion and Skyrim are pointless in my opinion, never touched them either.

As far as I could tell, there are precisely two uses for a horse in Skyrim. None more.

The first is that horses are better at going up inclines than the character, so rather than stubbornly spending several minutes jumping up the side of the mountain in your way, or sensibly walking around and finding a path, you can convince the horse to walk up like 60-degree terrain quicker than jumping up each edge. Of course this requires you to actually have your horse near you, and if you're clambering up over mountains, you probably didn't think about where you were going when you set out, and you probably didn't think you'd need a horse because when do you ever need a horse?

The second is that when you're over-encumbered, you can't fast travel. But horses allow you to fast travel regardless. So when you get the Hearthfire DLC, build a house in the middle of a swamp, and then have to move all your collected poo poo from your house in Whiterun, you can either do several trips and load yourself up over and over again with all your collected unique items and crafting resources. Or you can put the entire contents of your house in your pocket, slowly and painfully crawl along with 7,000 weight of garbage you don't need, get out of the Whiterun gates, creep down to the stable, and then get on your horse and fast travel to your new house to dump all the stuff you weren't going to be using anyway.

If you're doing either of these things, you're probably making a bad decision somewhere regardless of whether you have a horse on hand.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Never really had much trouble with the controls in rdr2 but honestly I did once choke a stagecoach dude cause I was running towards him and hit triangle slightly before I hit l2.

On epilogue 2 now and man, this game.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Never really had much trouble with the controls in rdr2 but honestly I did once choke a stagecoach dude cause I was running towards him and hit triangle slightly before I hit l2.

On epilogue 2 now and man, this game.

Ugh, spoiler that poo poo please!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Is this yet another boat joke, or is that somehow a genuine spoiler?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

nnnotime posted:

Ok. Wow, the Pro supports 4K? That's awesome since I just bought 4K monitor a few months ago. Also turns out I already have the Razer Ultimate 7.1 Headset for PS4, which I bought originally for PC gaming.

Subconsciously I must have been preparing to buy the PS4 Pro all along :krakentoot:

Wow, I could play Doom VFR. Is it worth it? I completed Doom 2016 on Nightmare. Does the PS4 VR headset work OK with glasses?

PS4 VR headset does work OK with glasses, yes. There's a button on the bottom of the "visor" that lets you push it forward or backwards and allows you to fit glasses in that way.

As for 4K, yes it outputs in 2160p, as well as in HDR. The internal resolution will often be below that, where games will use checkerboarding and similar algorithms to generate a 2160p image. Usually their "native" res will be above 1080p, though, with 1440p-1620p being common. Some games do hit native 4K, though, especially sports titles and games with simpler graphics.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“Agro is a great horse, and it adds to the game that it controls awkwardly! You’re an idiot if you feel otherwise! Also, Red Dead Redemption 2 sucks because it controls awkwardly!”

this thread sometimes :allears:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It’s easy to prove my point when I pretend every other poster is the same person.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Got my repaired PS4 Pro yesterday (actually technically Monday but since no one was home I had to go pick it up). So exactly 1 week turnaround, which is especially impressive since it appears I got the exact same console back (so they serviced it in like 2 days), they just got all up in dem guts and did something because there's new security tape, this time without illegal warranty void text. I'm assuming it was factory restored with the stock drive I'd put back in, so I unfortunately had to do a full format of the 2tb drive when I put it back in, but them's the breaks. Almost done redownloading everything so it's all good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maybe someone could actually respond to the points myself and the other poster made about how leaving Agro to its own devices usually just leads to him running into boulders and poo poo, instead of throwing out insults because someone dared to say a single negative thing about a game they like. I dunno, just a thought.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The correct answer is they are both great games with very glaring flaws but you can't say that in 2018 because they are untouchable masterpieces dont you see?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Escobarbarian posted:

Maybe someone could actually respond to the points myself and the other poster made about how leaving Agro to its own devices usually just leads to him running into boulders and poo poo, instead of throwing out insults because someone dared to say a single negative thing about a game they like. I dunno, just a thought.

This has never been my experience either on PS2 or in the remake so I have nothing else to contribute except “I’m sorry the horsey did not go where you wanted him to go.”

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Its like how you can't say breath of the wild has bad controls or an empty world because a 97 in metacritic shields you from any and all criticism.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

This has never been my experience either on PS2 or in the remake so I have nothing else to contribute except “I’m sorry the horsey did not go where you wanted him to go.”

haha ok to be fair this is how I feel when people are like “I accidentally pointed my gun at someone!” or “I strangled someone instead of getting on a horse!” in RDR

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/prototypeoflife/status/1072621706290872322

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 12, 2018

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

loudog999 posted:

What's the best game that you guys would recommend for around $20? I have credit in my wallet that is burning a hole. I was going to get shadow of the tomb raider but it looks like it's off sale now. Celeste? I really wanted it on switch but not sure if the portability is worth. I'm open to anything cause I enjoy almost any genre of game except strategy civ type games.

Wait until No Man's Sky goes on sale again, it's like the ultimate chill out and listen to music/podcasts game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CrRoMa posted:

Its like how you can't say breath of the wild has bad controls or an empty world because a 97 in metacritic shields you from any and all criticism.

lol its because it has neither of those things is why you get mocked.

edit: goddamn its so easy to fall into negative shitposting sometimes, we should be getting therapy for having to deal with peoples insane takes on video games.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Awesome, thanks man. Was gambling on this going on sale pre Christmas (it's a gift ) and it did. I'm even gonna blow $5 on regular shipping just due to the hassle of their bad store experience. Crazy that a title went half price so fast and I sure wish more did

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Hey if you think the controls were a step forward and the world was well populated then that's great. You arnt wrong, what I'm saying might be a non issue to others but......

Oh sorry i forgot, 97 on metacritic.......its a masterpiece, the controls were intuitive and the world was well populated

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
BotW is my favourite game ever so I’m staying far away from this one lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

As someone who enjoyed BOTW, there's not enough variety in the discoveries you find (almost everything is a korok seed or a shrine), and the combat is just not engaging to me at all, so exploring eventually just felt kinda boring and rote and forced me to engage with systems I felt were actively unfun. I never finished it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

CrRoMa posted:

Hey if you think the controls were a step forward and the world was well populated then that's great. You arnt wrong, what I'm saying might be a non issue to others but......

Oh sorry i forgot, 97 on metacritic.......its a masterpiece, the controls were intuitive and the world was well populated

Are there people that didn't enjoy it as much as others, yes. Does this mean that everyone who did enjoy it is wrong, no.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

CrRoMa posted:

Lol. To whom, and why, are you melting down about a zelda game?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Its the most overrated videogame I've played in my life. Its just predictable with Zelda fans though. They can't just say a Zelda game is just good or out even great, it all needs placed on a golden pedestal.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Attitude Indicator posted:

Lol. To whom, and why, are you melting down about a zelda game?

Jeff Gerstman.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

Its the most overrated videogame I've played in my life.

Buddy have you played a game called Nier Automata

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hmm, dunno, trust your heart. :) Maybe SotC or Bloodborne.

The MH expansion ain't dropping for 9 months.

I keep meaning to play MHW again after beating and burning out on it but don't for one reason or another. Expansion and Geralt sounds cool though!

When I do maybe I'll use something besides the long sword or the bow guns this time, but probably not, because Rules of Naturing my way through the game while occasionally pulling a 50 cal or shotgun out is hilarious.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CrRoMa posted:

Its the most overrated videogame I've played in my life. Its just predictable with Zelda fans though. They can't just say a Zelda game is just good or out even great, it all needs placed on a golden pedestal.

Have you spoken to anyone about Skyward Sword recently

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CrRoMa posted:

wrong, skyward sword is a piece of poo poo outside of groose. wheres your god now

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Escobarbarian posted:

Have you spoken to anyone about Skyward Sword recently

I think even Zelda fans would accept an 8.8 for that one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vikar Jerome posted:

wrong, skyward sword is a piece of poo poo outside of groose. wheres your god now

That one miniboss fight where you just have to thrust forward was a loving nightmare, the controls just barely worked in my setup of "a well lit room with windows".

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

CrRoMa posted:

Ok. Keep on fighting the good fight buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Epona is better than Agro

Every Epona