Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

McKilligan posted:

so they don't get immediately massacred by Warcrime frames.

This is the problem with pvp, all of the abilities have to be rebalanced specifically for that mode. Weapons and general gameplay mechanics work differently too.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Conclave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
just give everyone mesa when they enter pvp, problem solved

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

There was a period where PVP was fun during the beam rework.

Specifically, when Ignis was added and was generally a viable weapon.

The PVP people got upset because people could sneak up on them and hose them down before they could run away and/or twitch-aimbot their opponent to death. In response, DE nerfed Ignis to hell by reducing its range and power severely.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So someone on Reddit just uploaded a 4chan screenie that apparently totals the game's crafting requirements. For everything.

150k cryotic. I'm gonna need some more excavation arbitrations to pop up.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
honestly, I just didn't like the pvp. i tried conclave only to get my rear end whipped clean by way more competent players. I watch a lunaro match and though maybe that would be fun, though.

By the way, should i still keep limbo? Someone suggested i grind for a limbo prime but i'm still trying to understand how limbo even works. Some say he's broken but it honestly depends on his build and how you play him. The most useful thing I like about him is his passive which allows him to be invunable to damage while in the rift. This helped me 9 times out of ten for the most part.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Good thing to know it's only 800 o. cells. I can farm >100 an hour easily with a booster, now that goons told me about spare parts farming.

Also same on cryotic. I think sibear is the last thing I need cryotic for, but ugh 30k

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Truga posted:

goons told me about spare parts farming.

I get that this is about using the sentinel mod of the same name, but is there a specific trick to it?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

That's fine but you'd think that maybe someone on their team at some point would've thought that maybe they should give literally any reason for the player to do the fancy stuff, but apparently no.
Someone should mail them a copy of THPS.

I blame the Vent-kids for this one. All talk and no technical skill, coptering and planking over and over again...

Wyld Karde posted:

So someone on Reddit just uploaded a 4chan screenie that apparently totals the game's crafting requirements. For everything.

Going to have to say that this post copped the hell out in not listing how much of the rare materials, especially nitain, you need to craft everything. Why make a list like this when you're not going to show off nitain!

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 12, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nickiepoo posted:

I get that this is about using the sentinel mod of the same name, but is there a specific trick to it?

Put Spare Parts on your sentinel, blow your rear end up on Ceres or Saturn, get orokin cells. Useful if you're low and need some but if you run alerts, invasions and void fissures on Ceres and Saturn when they're around you should remain fairly well stocked.

Fruity20 posted:

By the way, should i still keep limbo? Someone suggested i grind for a limbo prime but i'm still trying to understand how limbo even works. Some say he's broken but it honestly depends on his build and how you play him. The most useful thing I like about him is his passive which allows him to be invunable to damage while in the rift. This helped me 9 times out of ten for the most part.

Get Limbo Prime, Limbo has a bad reputation because most people figure the only way to play Limbo is to max range his rift bubble and slap it on a defense objective. He can also freeze time on any enemies in the rift, so you can grab a tough enemy, throw them in the rift, freeze them and kill them at your leisure. You can also put the defense target in Sortie Defense in the rift, so they can't be damaged. The max range bubble is also useful for busting crates and finding syndicate medallions since you can just remove any icon that isn't a medallion from the map in a pretty big area.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nickiepoo posted:

Run Lex node on ceres with a spare parts equipped sentinel and something you can efficiently kill yourself with. I like kulstar. Having some level 10 arcanes also helps as they give more revives.

Kill the target, run to the exit, switch to suicide weapon, shoot floor/wall, respawn. Each time you die, sentinel also dies and respawns.

Repeat until you run out of respawns, then extract. If you have the sacrifice mod you can do it one more time as sacrifice will kill the sentinel. Do not use regen on the sentinel, as regen does not count as death and just makes things take longer.

Get 3 more people who are doing the same and you'll be getting ~10 cells per run, and runs take less than 5m.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Nickiepoo posted:

you run that, regen, and the mod that revives you, then you go in a suicide pact with the rest of the group and just take turns killing yourselves with glaives or explosives and having your sentinel kill itself to save you :v:

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

njsykora posted:

Get Limbo Prime, Limbo has a bad reputation because most people figure the only way to play Limbo is to max range his rift bubble and slap it on a defense objective. He can also freeze time on any enemies in the rift, so you can grab a tough enemy, throw them in the rift, freeze them and kill them at your leisure. You can also put the defense target in Sortie Defense in the rift, so they can't be damaged. The max range bubble is also useful for busting crates and finding syndicate medallions since you can just remove any icon that isn't a medallion from the map in a pretty big area.

i haven't farmed for prime parts before. mainly cause i feel like it's really expensive to get them in terms of refining relics.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Fruity20 posted:

i haven't farmed for prime parts before. mainly cause i feel like it's really expensive to get them in terms of refining relics.

Don't worry about refining stuff right away, just crack relics you have and build up a pile of void traces. Then only use the traces on the relics which have the rare parts you need.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Fruity20 posted:

Honestly, you'll probably make your first couple primes by accident. Just crack lots of poo poo, do a few endless missions. Sell your spares for Baro, keep a copy for yourself. Eventually you'll just kind of accidentally fall into a few.

Just make sure not to actively look for things while you're farming. The Desire Sensor Is Real.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Chroma prime is real fresh and Mesa prime is about to come out. If you just run random relics in all four categories with some frequency you'll probably be able to get either of those in the next few weeks. Or a week or two after Mesa comes out.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fruity20 posted:

The main way to get the traces to refine relics with is by going and cracking relics. Just go "sure i'll come" when somebody says they're doing a relic cracking mission and bring something. If it's not advertised as a radshare, nobody cares if you're bringing unrefined relics.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zereth posted:

The main way to get the traces to refine relics with is by going and cracking relics. Just go "sure i'll come" when somebody says they're doing a relic cracking mission and bring something. If it's not advertised as a radshare, nobody cares if you're bringing unrefined relics.

Yeah, every time there's a "+3 neo defense" or "+3 meso survival" or whatever, just jump in and crack some rocks and get some traces.

Sometimes you just stumble into random good poo poo, too. I remember some goon was cracking vaulted stuff in a group I was in and I walked out with two Saryn Prime BPs. :iia:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, every time there's a "+3 neo defense" or "+3 meso survival" or whatever, just jump in and crack some rocks and get some traces.

Sometimes you just stumble into random good poo poo, too. I remember some goon was cracking vaulted stuff in a group I was in and I walked out with two Saryn Prime BPs. :iia:

Are these the two modes with crazy bonuses for just spamming out relics? I can't keep all the modes straight yet

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

BrightWing posted:

Are these the two modes with crazy bonuses for just spamming out relics? I can't keep all the modes straight yet

Defense, Survival, and Excavation are all endless modes, so when they have fissures you can keep cramming in relics as long as you can keep murdering/not getting murdered, yeah.

In my experience groups tend to bounce after five rotations on defense/survival, because that's when you get a free one-upgrade relic.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Wyld Karde posted:

No nitain, tellurium, neurodes, or neural sensors. This list seems pretty pointless without them.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that's because you don't need more than 500 total.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Maybe they should reword that then because it's not very clear what they mean.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

Defense, Survival, and Excavation are all endless modes, so when they have fissures you can keep cramming in relics as long as you can keep murdering/not getting murdered, yeah.

In my experience groups tend to bounce after five rotations on defense/survival, because that's when you get a free one-upgrade relic.
Sometimes they stick around to the sixth to use the relics you just got.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
What Fortuna kitgun gun do I want to build first? Is there a clear best one?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Catchmoon is very popular because people like an Arca Plasmor in the pistol slot , but none of them seem outright bad. Building for crit seems to be the way to go.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

IMO that kinda depend on your rep level with Fortuna and what you want to focus on. If you want the mr you can build any of them, but the best magazines only come from max rep and that's where you're going to get the best crit or status values.

E: I'm told that Haymaker and Splat are the components you want. And in my experience that holds up pretty solidly. I'm a big fan of the Catchmoon and Rattleguts built in that manner, the Tombfinger does real well in that combo too if you end up liking that chamber. I wasn't a fan of the Gaze but others have been.

E: oh right, only the arcanes are locked behind max rank. It's been a long week.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 12, 2018

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

FunkyFjord posted:

IMO that kinda depend on your rep level with Fortuna and what you want to focus on. If you want the mr you can build any of them, but the best magazines only come from max rep and that's where you're going to get the best crit or status values.

E: I'm told that Haymaker and Splat are the components you want. And in my experience that holds up pretty solidly. I'm a big fan of the Catchmoon and Rattleguts but in that manner, the Tombfinger does real well in that combo too if you end up liking that chamber. I wasn't a fan of the Gaze but others have been.

Tier 4, actually, not max. :eng101:

And yeah, Haymaker/Splat is basically good on everything but Gaze, which imo benefits from Ramble/Killstream instead.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Chairman Pow! posted:

What Fortuna kitgun gun do I want to build first? Is there a clear best one?
Tombfinger, Rattleguts, and Catchmoon are all tremendously good in their own ways.

For most fun to go with your hilarious murdergun I'd start with this Catchmoon. You can use the same parts for Tombfinger.

For my Rattleguts, I opted to sacrifice some damage for fire rate, and also went for a faster reload. I do not regret either decision.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I would recommend Lovetap over Haymaker for the Rattleguts, as Helter has done.

Source: I used Haymaker and while it's hilarious, it's a very awkward 'machine' pistol.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'd honestly probably recommend that for most too, but I can't lie I really really like my slow firing hard hitting auto pistol.

If I wanted a hybrid or status version I would be staying the hell away from the slowest fire rate though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also I quite like my Gaze but that's because I have a really good riven for it and I like dumb zappy pistols, it's pretty objectively the weakest kitgun.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

FunkyFjord posted:

If I wanted a hybrid or status version I would be staying the hell away from the slowest fire rate though.

Eh, I like the heavy status Catchmoon I built (Haymaker/Thunderdrum). It makes for a hilariously effective gas dispensing machine.

Yeah, less effective than the bog-standard Splat take, and I've retired it since building my critty Catchmoon, but it still put out some pretty hilarious clouds of numbers.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
a lot of the fortuna stuff is pretty rep gated. I was going to start farming garuda / kitgun parts / moa stuff but garuda and the kitguns mostly seem to require things that you need tier 4 rep to get, so I've got some days of building up rep. You do anything to circumvent the cap right? Like turning in gems won't work if I've done bounties already?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nope, it's one big time gate that double fucks you if you're low MR (because MR is stupid and bullshit for everything beyond starting mod capacity).

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Going back to that tier list website ( https://www.cephalonwannab.com/ ) discussion a dozen pages ago, I got into their discord and suggested a new scourge build that bumped it from the bottom of "needs buffs" tier to the top 3 of the "viable" tier. It basically cut their test clear times in half.

Old vs New builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNW1y6sYdk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kuKaEGCHFY

Even though there is a lot of debate about their methodology, it's actually fun to play around in the simulacrum to create builds and beat the suggested times there. I might suggest a few more severely underrated weapons that I managed to make new unconventional builds for.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Truga posted:

that's because you don't need more than 500 total.

[x] amount of nitain measures a resource that numbers well above 500: amount of nitain needed divided by nitain alerts in a day (4?) :colbert:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Tallgeese posted:

There was a period where PVP was fun during the beam rework.

Specifically, when Ignis was added and was generally a viable weapon.

The PVP people got upset because people could sneak up on them and hose them down before they could run away and/or twitch-aimbot their opponent to death. In response, DE nerfed Ignis to hell by reducing its range and power severely.

So what you're saying is that the PvP mode very sensibly emphasizes weapons that require aim and precision instead of the AoE flamethrower that hits an entire zip code?

I really need to get around to trying Conclave sooner or later.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

So what you're saying is that the PvP mode very sensibly emphasizes weapons that require aim and precision instead of the AoE flamethrower that hits an entire zip code?

I really need to get around to trying Conclave sooner or later.

You're giving this way too much credit. This is Warframe, do you think that's the only broken thing there?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Any recommended Umbral Paracesis builds? I can't help thinking that, with 5 forma in, this thing should be doing more damage

Pipski fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Primed Fury or Shred from the log in reward?

I’m not huge on melee weapons, but if fury is good enough I’d consider taking it.