Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Prythian posted:

You read that opposite. They're asking if they can turn some of those special WoL rules on for more normal Smash matches.

Oops

One little word on/off flipped in my head changed everything about that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

That drat Satyr posted:

Is there some settings buried somewhere to be able to turn on stage hazards for smash battles like the stuff that will come up in spirit battles, such as the whole stage randomly flipping upside down? I've found the menu for custom smash but it only has like 9 settings, and they are kind of boring.

Mini, bunny, rocketbelt, light, slow, fixed camera is a very special hell.

Nope, no way to turn stuff like that on. The settings you see there are all you get.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Switch Online update is out. Ninja Gaiden, Wario's Woods, The Adventures of Lolo, Dr. Mario SP and Metroid SP are available for playing.

What's Dr Mario SP have going for it?

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Wario's Woods

drat you nintendo, I might have to put down the 20 bucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Switch Online update is out. Ninja Gaiden, Wario's Woods, The Adventures of Lolo, Dr. Mario SP and Metroid SP are available for playing.

A christmas miracle

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Your Computer posted:

It's exactly how it happened to me too and I was furious! However, you might not remember but during the path you pulled a lever opening a shortcut. If you still wish to complete the path, it should come in very handy.

Yeah thanks I already took advantage of it once when I forced myself back through last night in a fit of pique, only to lose against the enemies again this morning when I rushed 10 minutes before going to work. I was rocking the charm that passively regenerates soul but I think that lever bypasses the section where that's useful; every other break in the path has a spirit statue I think, so for my third and hopefully final attempt I can have a more offensive build ready to face the guys at the end.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's Dr Mario SP have going for it?
Metroid SP takes you straight to Ridley with all the equipment, while Dr. Mario SP takes you to a nearly-finished Lv. 20 on High speed so you can quickly see the kooky cutscene that plays afterwards.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

We don’t even know that. Knowing Nintendo, there’s the possibility it could actually be a weaker “budget” Switch similar to the 2DS.

Not a chance, because the Switch is as "budget" as you can get. If it were possible to get it any more efficient for a lower price, they'd up the specs instead. More to the point; The 2DS is only possible because it removes some extraneous and expensive components of the 3DS; The hinge and the 3D screen (it uses a single LCD panel with a divider across the middle).

You're also not going to see one with hardwired JoyCons, if that's what you had in mind, because they're one of the focal elements of the console in its marketing and game design. It'd be completely incompatible with some games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well one could argue the 3d was a focal point in marketing and game design

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well one could argue the 3d was a focal point in marketing and game design

Not in the same way. 3D's was only ever a neat gimmick, the Joycons existing as they are are a fundamental necessity for gameplay. The baseline expectation for any game development on the Switch is that they have two detachable JoyCons available.

You wouldn't even be actually saving money, because the most you'd be saving is probably about $100AUD at best and that would get eaten up just buying a second controller for multiplayer. Guess what a standard Switch comes with?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 12, 2018

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Does Katamari have a joycon motion option? I don't usually go for non-aim-related motion control, but that feels like it'd be a winner.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Sadly no. I could see a simple tilting style with HD rumble being super effective or the ability to hold a joycon in each hand upright like control sticks and using them in the same way the joy sticks are used but it’s just a simple copy-paste of the PS2 controls

Katamari does have a motion option.
It's not very apparent, but if you go to the Control Config (bird), there is an option for Control Type: Motion Controls. It will reset back to Usual Controls if your Joy-Con are attached to the console though.

I don't know how to play the tutorial with them so not exactly sure how it Controls though.

EDIT: Fixing quote breakage

The Merkinman fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 12, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Spellman posted:

How'd you do that?

I didn't, there's an in-game glasses event

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

Reminder if you bought a physical copy of Smash to press + on the home menu and register the cartridge. The piranha plant code will be emailed to your Nintendo rewards account.

How long does this take? I still haven't gotten my code.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Gripweed posted:

I didn't, there's an in-game glasses event

where’s that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never thought I got my code either but I went to my inbox and searched for "Piranha" and turns out I got it November 6

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I never thought I got my code either but I went to my inbox and searched for "Piranha" and turns out I got it November 6

Just did the same they sent it to me two days ago. Thank you!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

b_d posted:

where’s that?

this weekend

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just did the same they sent it to me two days ago. Thank you!

I think mine may have ended up in Spam and was deleted since (I preordered it a while time ago). I'll give it a week and then I'll e-mail Nintendo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Sadly no. I could see a simple tilting style with HD rumble being super effective or the ability to hold a joycon in each hand upright like control sticks and using them in the same way the joy sticks are used but it’s just a simple copy-paste of the PS2 controls

Katamari absolutely does have motion controls

loudog999 posted:

Also, for those of you that bought the Sega collection, are you happy with it? I read that it is missing a couple of games that were included on the PS4 version but Im not sure if it is worth losing the portability for have those games included.

I like it, the emulation runs well, and the sound reproduction is good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Monster Boy
A) Ok
B) Pretty Good
C) Amazing
D) Best game of the year

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i’d say B. sadly I have to do everything in smash now so it will be a long time before I finish it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RandomTBush/status/1072855092888551426

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So they used their own Sprite is what your saying

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

So they used their own Sprite is what your saying

What I'm getting is that at worst they stole someone else's stolen IP, except with the actual rights to the OC?

I guess this is like the ROMs in the NES mini thing. That random guy should be proud

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Who gives a gently caress?

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
This is my own original character, DO NOT STEAL.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Why is Nintendo searching Deviantart for sprites should be the real issue.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Why don't they release Little Friends in English? They think I don't want to pat puppers and dress them up? Well think again gently caress face! Give it to me!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

From that deviant art page he linked:

quote:

These are what I used a reference to create my Masked man sprite. [link]

I wanted to incorporate the look of his battle sprite in the M4 redo.

Left: M3 overworld sprite
Middle:My sprite (In M4's style)
Right:M3 battle sprite
I don’t think this twitter person knows what they’re talking about

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol @ AlBorlantern Corps replying on Twitter

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Augus posted:

I don’t think this twitter person knows what they’re talking about

Phrases to say when you want to be correct about anything

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's mildly funny because

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

This is my own original character, DO NOT STEAL.

so post something different that's more interesting or keep scrolling?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Bloop posted:

I guess this is like the ROMs in the NES mini thing. That random guy should be proud

This wasn’t true either, the roms weren’t ripped from the internet,

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Uh I can't tell the difference and I can't really see why any of this matters. It's not like Nintendo Limbo of the Losted smash.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Dehry posted:

Why is Nintendo searching Deviantart for sprites should be the real issue.

Found it by accident while looking for Bowsette pictures.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Fun Times! posted:

Phrases to say when you want to be correct about anything

Did you read the quoted text? That is very obviously not "someone else's sprite."

Someone at Nintendo got lazy and that's mildly funny I guess

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

This wasn’t true either, the roms weren’t ripped from the internet,

was it not? I thought it was funny but not, like, important so I guess I never looked into it,

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I finally completed the path of pain at the fifth (5th) time of asking, because the pressure almost paralysed me fighting the two kingsmould. Once I got my poo poo together they're obviously very easily beaten. I did though get extremely good at speeding through the path, to the point my final run took less than 5 minutes. Won't be doing that again in a hurry. Thanks for the support.

A shop local to me has 3 for the price of 2 on all games until the end of the weekend, which is a crazy good deal. Unfortunately they're out of Smash until Friday, but I'll be there to hopefully get that, Civ 6 and then whatever free game I decide. Angel on my shoulder says get another smash for my nephew for Christmas, devil says get RDR2. Angel will probably win out and I'll just wait half a year for a cheap second hand Red Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Licarn posted:

Found it by accident while looking for Bowsette pictures.

If they're willing to canonize memes about Luigi's death stare, they're probably going to acknowledge Bowsette in some form. Clearly they're just researching ideas!

Seriously though, I reckon it's probably a waiting game to see how they toss out a nod to Bowsette somewhere given how prevalent that got as a meme.