Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Live blog

https://mobile.twitter.com/business/status/1072886369440153600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

friendbot2000 posted:

I can't read the article, what fuckery is Harvard up to with California Water?
Harvard has a $39 billion dollar endowment, that they invest. California has complicated laws and regulations regarding water rights, due to having multiple massively water-intensive agricultural industries, as well as huge populations. Harvard is buying up California vineyards and their related water rights, which is likely to become more important in the future.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Jealous Cow posted:

This reads like is a conversation with an Alzheimer’s-riddled grandpa.
We're witnessing the confluence of the Trump's ever-worsening legal woes, the incredible stress of the presidency, an empowered opposition, and his final pathetic slide into total dementia. He's only going to get worse and they're only going to hammer it harder. This witless gently caress has never been challenged on anything in his life and now getting dunked on by Chuck loving Schumer, his brain is liquid.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The latest episode of the Dollop explains how hosed California's water situation is

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

friendbot2000 posted:

I can't read the article, what fuckery is Harvard up to with California Water?

University endowments are loving weird pseudo hedge funds that horde money like dragons horde gold. Harvard will continue to grow its endowment and spend it on gently caress all until it's bigger than Japan's pension fund and claim that it's some sort of financial necessity. Meanwhile there's tons of important poo poo they could be funding and generating social returns on. And they could spend it all and probably re-raise every dime they spent since raising money seems to be all they're good at.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SalTheBard posted:

The latest episode of the Dollop explains how hosed California's water situation is

Why do they keep sending all their water into the ocean

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

haveblue posted:

Better example: Jeff Bridges is the Dude IRL.

Remember when right-wingers got mad that Bradley Cooper wasn't literally Chris Kyle? Good times

If a generic Republican got that post coal would be mandatory, also you would be allowed to run your furnace on LGBT people.

Generic Republican wouldn't be committee chair in a Dem majority senate, Joe Manchin is actually worse than a Republican because Republicans can only unilaterally kill climate change policy when they hold the senate.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Smeef posted:

University endowments are loving weird pseudo hedge funds that horde money like dragons horde gold
Just another example of the money needs money poo poo that the ultra rich get into.

"You could pay for every low income student to go through college+grad school!"
"uh yes... but then we would have LESS MONEY. MAYBE LESS THAN YALE!"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 12, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Smeef posted:

University endowments are loving weird pseudo hedge funds that horde money like dragons horde gold.

The word is "hoard", dude.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

No it isnt. Havard is notoriously full of orcs.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

friendbot2000 posted:

No it isnt. Havard is notoriously full of orcs.

Especially the students who come from Uruk High.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
My take away from the Manchin thing is that we need the take the senate in two years and hope the democrats in office have read the writing on the walls with regards to climate and energy policy (lol) and tell Manchin to gently caress off. Of course that needed to be understood ten years ago so maybe I do agree that we're all hosed after all, but it probably doesn't have a lot to do with Manchin*.

*yet

The Super-Id fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 12, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

see, this is what happens when the news day starts out slow

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

enraged_camel posted:

So sorry for anyone who misinterpreted my statement as implying that poor old Harvard is a barbarian army advancing across the steppes (which would be a lot cooler than Harvard's endowment).

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ague Proof posted:

:negative:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Dems need to get at least 51 senate seats if they win the presidency because I have a feeling that if you tell Manchin off regarding the Energy Chair position he will suddenly have a yearning desire to Make America Great Again

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

see, this is what happens when the news day starts out slow

How dare you impugn the honor of this marvelous piece of comedic art. It is precious.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Dems need to get at least 51 senate seats if they win the presidency because I have a feeling that if you tell Manchin off regarding the Energy Chair position he will suddenly have a yearning desire to Make America Great Again

One of the interesting things about climate change though is that it is an issue that encompasses so many legislative committee domains that Manchin can be circumvented if needed.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

netanyahu is no joke teaming up with fascists to "revise" the holocaust.

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1072865717182070786

Let's see...The Nazis want to kill us, and the people who helped us want us to stop killing other groups of people...hmm. What to do...what to do...

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

To add to this, a great-grandparent also works, but they must have registered in the Foreign Births Register between the years 1956 and 1986, or if you were born after 1986 they registered before you were born.

What is they died before 1956? (I have a great-grandparent that was born in 1846 or so and died in 1945. We got some long-lived Irish in my family tree).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah gotta shore up those borders because of a terror attack that killed three people.

meanwhile 30 people will be murdered by firearms today. 60 will take their own lives.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Koalas Massacre posted:

The Donald having dementia is one thing but honestly the amount of stories actors have about every day people thinking they are their characters is depressing.

Like ok if you think reality TV is real I'll forgive you because at least it's presented that way but scripted TV and movies???? I can't.

Lots of people would see the guy who played Joffrey in game of thrones on the street and legit start getting mad at him. I wouldn't be surprised that it was one of the reasons to make him quit acting.

The sheer amount of people with pudding instead of brains continues to astound me when it really shouldn't.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Meatball posted:

Lots of people would see the guy who played Joffrey in game of thrones on the street and legit start getting mad at him. I wouldn't be surprised that it was one of the reasons to make him quit acting.

The sheer amount of people with pudding instead of brains continues to astound me when it really shouldn't.

I mean how could you be someone else when you're already yourself. You only got one brain in your noggin. Obviously that's just what he's like.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SalTheBard posted:

The Dollop and Adam Ruins Everything have done a great job of illustrating how literally every single problem in America has its roots in rich pieces of poo poo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

i am harry posted:

Let's see...The Nazis want to kill us, and the people who helped us want us to stop killing other groups of people...hmm. What to do...what to do...

Netanyahu is Boogie2988

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

The Dollop and Adam Ruins Everything have done a great job of illustrating how literally every single problem in America has its roots in rich pieces of poo poo

This is pretty much true of every problem in the world. The Rich are literal cancer on all of us

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

friendbot2000 posted:

This is pretty much true of every problem in the world. The Rich are literal cancer on all of us

It was a lot of fun catching up on the Dollop yesterday and hearing Dave Anthony sadly talk about how his kid won't ever get to have the kids of his own he wants because lol we are hosed

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Meatball posted:

The guy that played the (completely right) EPA agent in Ghostbusters ended up furious that the movie did so well, because he would get constantly hassled in public as a result:

quote:

Ivan Reitman, mentioned on the DVD commentary that he ran into Atherton sometime after the film's release, and instead of greeting him as one might normally greet the man who made you internationally famous, Atherton was completely pissed off. Not only were people trying to fight him, but he also had random assholes shouting at him in public. In one incident that was absolutely horrible and totally not the greatest thing we've ever heard, a bus full of kids spotted him on the street and yelled "DICKLESS!" at him from the windows.

It's a weird sort of success where if you are a good enough actor to really pull off a complete shithead role, people forget that you're acting, I guess?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Netanyahu is Boogie2988

Boogie remains a massive piece of poo poo like all popular internet video game trash

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
GOP don't like the piece of poo poo they tried to elect and want to take advantage of their own corrupt election to switch him out.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1072896261743886336

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Netanyahu is Boogie2988

Wait is this not a joke tweet?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Oracle posted:

What is they died before 1956? (I have a great-grandparent that was born in 1846 or so and died in 1945. We got some long-lived Irish in my family tree).

Then they didn't register, so I assume you're SOL, sorry mate

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

It was a lot of fun catching up on the Dollop yesterday and hearing Dave Anthony sadly talk about how his kid won't ever get to have the kids of his own he wants because lol we are hosed

Which episode is that? It sounds like my cup of tea.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Cohen getting put away literally for things Dear Leader told him to do lol

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1072895190250196993

Faustian Bargain posted:

The "unfortunately wrong myth" was "some good things came out of the Holocaust", I believe.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 12, 2018

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Ashcans posted:

The guy that played the (completely right) EPA agent in Ghostbusters ended up furious that the movie did so well, because he would get constantly hassled in public as a result:

It's a weird sort of success where if you are a good enough actor to really pull off a complete shithead role, people forget that you're acting, I guess?

Oh yeah that really sucks for that guy. I'm sure he got called pencil dick a whole lot too. drat people, this is why we cant have nice things.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Something you do not want to hear a judge say

quote:

Judge Pauley says Cohen's crimes require "specific deterrence."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Faustian Bargain posted:

Boogie2988 is an Online Gaming Luminary so what do you think

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

How are u posted:

Which episode is that? It sounds like my cup of tea.

The John McCain episode, at the end.

If you like hearing about what a piece of poo poo McCain was, you are in for a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/rebeccavallas/status/1072848717202509825?s=19

https://twitter.com/rebeccavallas/status/1072849708538912768?s=19

https://twitter.com/rebeccavallas/status/1072850310983495680