Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

food court bailiff posted:

If you want to craft basically at all you really need a subscription. I'm limiting myself to a single crafting skill until I can really justify splurging on Plus and even then it's painful, especially with the way that materials seem to be leveled in the world.

The inventory crunch largely goes away once you invest in enough upgrades, though it's probably not enough to go whole hog into more than two, maybe three crafting disciplines tops. At least, not without spending crazy amounts of gold to get maximum bank space.

I've been considering getting into enchanting to go along with my blacksmithing but I'm terrified of how much space that'll eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I want to correct something I said before. I said that Morrowind is part of the base game, that is incorrect - Morrowind is now a DLC (so expansion to dlc). Wardens need to be bought separately.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

John Murdoch posted:

The inventory crunch largely goes away once you invest in enough upgrades, though it's probably not enough to go whole hog into more than two, maybe three crafting disciplines tops. At least, not without spending crazy amounts of gold to get maximum bank space.

I've been considering getting into enchanting to go along with my blacksmithing but I'm terrified of how much space that'll eat.

I have 115 bag space and 80 bank space and I'm finally at a point where I can keep gobbling up materials in most cases and still have ~30 slots for Thievin' Stuff.

....Is there more to this game than just robbing everyone blind and then building end tables for my one-room apartment? I'm not sure, and I'm not sure I even need to find out.

JadaX posted:

I want to correct something I said before. I said that Morrowind is part of the base game, that is incorrect - Morrowind is now a DLC (so expansion to dlc). Wardens need to be bought separately.

Please note that it costs like $50 to unlock both the Morrowind content and the Warden class if you don't want a $15/month subscription or you could buy a physical copy of the expansion pack for like $10 and apply the code because holy poo poo Zenimax that's absolute bullshit

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

food court bailiff posted:

....Is there more to this game than just robbing everyone blind and then building end tables for my one-room apartment? I'm not sure, and I'm not sure I even need to find out.

I mean, it's multiplayer but it's still an Elder Scrolls game. Sounds like you're playing it correctly.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You do not need the PHYSICAL copy of the base game, a digital code of the base game also includes Morrowind. I can't seem to find these codes on amazon or similar though. Unless the products i find are codes and they simply don't state that they are

Here is the base game:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind/

Here is the Summerset upgrade, which requires the base game:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-summerset-standard-upgrade-pc/

Buying these 2 gets you the base game, Morrowind unlocked, Warden class unlocked and Summerset unlocked.
Its not really clear to me if these are codes or physical copies.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I believe greenmangaming is digital only unless they changed their business model in recent years.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I only have the digital through the ESO store and it came with Morrowind and warden class.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Hachiman posted:

GM, game master, game manager, game moderator.

Oh, this game doesn't have any of those.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I have no idea what was happening here, but this was the funniest exchange I had today.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
Elder Scrolls Online - can you help me for have it?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

More PvP clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0QbVMrRaw

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
keep meaning to get back into this when i get the chance to sit down for more than half an hour in the evenings, how are archer-nightblades holding up these days? the last real time i was able to get invested was when they'd dropped the weapon specific abilities and ults, and warden had dropped. i dip into pvp every now and again, and spend the rest of my time blind drunk and trundling around in a solo venture

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

ExParrot posted:

How are archer-nightblades holding up these days?

DW/Bow's real effective with good builds for both PvE and PvP, still my main boy of my roster.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

thinking of jumping back into the game. do characters expire if you dont login after a certain amount of time? think its been around 2 months since i logged in

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

ASenileAnimal posted:

Do characters expire if you dont login after a certain amount of time?

That would be hilarious insomuch as any developer who did that would go down in flames in record time, but no you're good.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Scyantific posted:

More PvP clips

This is prob my lack of PvP skill talking, but how on earth are you wading through mobs of DC without getting snared/stunned? Are you chugging unstoppable pots?

^^^ Also lol at trying to buy a xivkyn runebox for 30k, did you tell them they can also get it for 250k tel var?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Yardbomb posted:

That would be hilarious insomuch as any developer who did that would go down in flames in record time, but no you're good.

ah cool, ive never played any mmo other than this so i thought it was something like diablo 2 where your characters get nuked after 90 days of inactivity

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

count_von_count posted:

^^^ Also lol at trying to buy a xivkyn runebox for 30k, did you tell them they can also get it for 250k tel var?

I'm sure that would work out well! can you help me for have tel var?

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Aramek posted:

I bought the loving Snowglobe home because it was way cheaper than I thought it was gonna be.

I don't even plan on using it for anything, but I still did.
I bought it too because it's awesome.

I found out today it exits right in Bredas tent, so perfect for new life event. I made it my primary if anyone wants to use it as a shortcut. @crancherry.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

ASenileAnimal posted:

ah cool, ive never played any mmo other than this so i thought it was something like diablo 2 where your characters get nuked after 90 days of inactivity

some old mmos used to do this as well

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

count_von_count posted:

This is prob my lack of PvP skill talking, but how on earth are you wading through mobs of DC without getting snared/stunned? Are you chugging unstoppable pots?

I use immovables when opening up on groups like that. I run Clever Alchemist on backbar, notice how anytime we push I'm always on my 2h bar so I can proc the effect with a speed/immovable potion.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
ESO+ subscribers should go pick up their free costume that's only up for the next couple of days in the crown store.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
This is probably a longshot but, is there anything like a package manager for addons?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

This is probably a longshot but, is there anything like a package manager for addons?

There's Minion but it's rear end, it auto updates if anyone uploads a "patch" for an addon, which usually screws things up

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Goon houses are the best. Hidden in a back area:

valuum fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 16, 2018

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

There's Minion but it's rear end, it auto updates if anyone uploads a "patch" for an addon, which usually screws things up

Uh, the gently caress are you smoking? Minion certainly does not auto update.

Edit: There is an opt IN setting for auto-update. Maybe your information is dated.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Does anyone know how to use mudballs in inventory? I just click on them and all that happens is a timer goes off.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
If you don't have anyone targeted when you use them, that's what happens. Try it when you're facing someone, and put them on your quick bar if you haven't already..

Edit: Also, for anyone going after the achievement for hitting the faction leaders with mudballs, be aware that you'll get a bounty when you do this. Don't have an inventory full of stolen stuff like I did a couple years ago. :(

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 16, 2018

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Rollersnake posted:

If you don't have anyone targeted when you use them, that's what happens. Try it when you're facing someone, and put them on your quick bar if you haven't already..

Edit: Also, for anyone going after the achievement for hitting the faction leaders with mudballs, be aware that you'll get a bounty when you do this. Don't have an inventory full of stolen stuff like I did a couple years ago. :(

Hahaha they'll never catch me.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
After three days I've only gotten one charity writ, but at least tonight I'll be Magnanimous. :confuoot:

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
Also, since lots of people seem to be getting this idea, you can't mudball any of the Tribunal. The game won't let you do it. Vivec and Almalexia will get to stay clean...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Seems like feast or famine with these writs, I think I'm up to 7 after a couple lazy days of running 3 characters through the quests, and 4 of those came from one run, back to back. The good news for all of you with poo poo luck is that the price is going to drop like crazy the longer this event goes on, as more and more people end up with extra ones or try to farm them for easy money... Last I looked it was already down to about 20k each, which is getting into affordable territory even for filthy casuals like me.

In other news, I'm in a tense game of chicken waiting for crowns to go on sale before the snow globe house is gone. It's a cool house in a convenient place for a reasonable price, plus the gimmick is fun. But gently caress paying full price for crowns.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah I've been wondering when that's happening too. Been eyeballing all of the content expansions. Though right now on Steam it's $40 for Summerset + the quad pack which doesn't sound terrible.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Filthy not-max-level newbie here:

What are these writs you're referring to? I'm quite sure they aren't the profession writs from the random boards I've been doing off and on, right?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55405

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Annath posted:

Filthy not-max-level newbie here:

What are these writs you're referring to? I'm quite sure they aren't the profession writs from the random boards I've been doing off and on, right?

As the poster above said, they're from the New Life Festival. You get a badass iceman skin for doing 12 on one character. It looks like they're mostly writs for low-level furniture recipes that you can probably buy off vendors.

The cool thing about the New Life event is it's ideal for low-level characters. There are a ton of daily quests, they're all super easy (none of them even require combat), and with double XP they really add up. The only pain-in-the-rear end part for a low-level character is unlocking the waypoints where you need to go for the dailies, but you can just open up the roster for the biggest guild you're in, pick anybody that's in the right zone, right-click and "travel to player," and you might at least end up in the neighborhood. With a lot of people doing the dailies your odds are pretty good.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
One of them does require combat, but you literally just need to tag like 3-4 wolves and a single wasp. There's also the one where you need to be mildly good at running and the one where you need to be decent at lockpicking. And the one where you need to know how fishing works. :v:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Oh yeah, I've been doing the quests, getting the boxes and tickets.

I've done the dailies for... 5 days? Every day the event has run.

Guess I just am super unlucky because I haven't gotten any of the special writs, so I didn't know they come from the daily quest boxes.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've gotten zero new writs so far. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I got two so far.