Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

QuarkJets posted:

Emmy-award winning shows heralding what most people are describing as the golden age of television: bad

The Golden Age of Television was between 1948 and 1960.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Caesar Saladin posted:

choose life? motherfucker you said twitch is your biggest source of entertainment you incredible idiot loser, please choose death

you realise how twitch works right? you can drop in and watch 15 minutes of it having your morning coffee, it's not like traditional tv where you have to sit and watch 60 + hours because it won an emmy

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you're clearly some kind of adult autist

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

CrRoMa posted:

This is such a loving stupid sentence. "oh well the award shows say its great and other people say its great so it must be riveting"

I'm not labelling a huge swath of TV as "bad". I'm saying television shows have consistently bored me. I'm not saying Game of Thrones is a poo poo product thats poorly made, its clearly not, but its beats have absolutely nothing about them that made me care. It's not a bad product and I'm not being an edgelord just because I don't want to sit and watch 60 minutes of a serialized drama. Its not a dig on any specific show its a dig on the medium in general, I just find sitting staring at a screen watching a story play out to be chronically uninteresting. By all means continue stuffing junk food in your loving face watching hours of garbage TV when you could just read the wikipedia summary spend your spare time doing something more fulfilling. Choose Life.

quote:

I'm not labelling a huge swath of TV as "bad". [... ] By all means continue stuffing junk food in your loving face watching hours of garbage TV when you could just read the wikipedia summary spend your spare time doing something more fulfilling.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

CrRoMa posted:

This is such a loving stupid sentence. "oh well the award shows say its great and other people say its great so it must be riveting"

I'm not labelling a huge swath of TV as "bad". I'm saying television shows have consistently bored me. I'm not saying Game of Thrones is a poo poo product thats poorly made, its clearly not, but its beats have absolutely nothing about them that made me care. It's not a bad product and I'm not being an edgelord just because I don't want to sit and watch 60 minutes of a serialized drama. Its not a dig on any specific show its a dig on the medium in general, I just find sitting staring at a screen watching a story play out to be chronically uninteresting. By all means continue stuffing junk food in your loving face watching hours of garbage TV when you could just read the wikipedia summary spend your spare time doing something more fulfilling. Choose Life.

Your brain is so utterly broken by video games

Its kind of beautiful

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CrRoMa posted:

lol

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

fine. but comparing breaking bad unfavorably to lost, much less to a video game twitch stream, is, like, objectively stupid. breaking bad is not 'junk' tv. it's one of the best long form american dramas committed to film.

Zane fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 12, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Zane posted:

fine. but comparing breaking bad unfavorably to lost is, like, objectively stupid. breaking bad is not 'junk' tv. it's one of the best long form american dramas ever committed to film.

You mean...video.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hey now, we haven't checked if they watch anime

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
All in all I liked Brian Cranston better in Malcolm in the Middle. That show was more depressing than Breaking Bad when you think about the parenting job they (and all of our parents) did.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You mean...video.

It was shot on 35mm, so I think technically film is correct.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

christmas boots posted:

It was shot on 35mm, so I think technically film is correct.

Well I'll be damned. I'm making too many assumptions tonight. :)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CrRoMa posted:

you realise how twitch works right? you can drop in and watch 15 minutes of it having your morning coffee, it's not like traditional tv where you have to sit and watch 60 + hours because it won an emmy

come on just stop, this is really low-effort trolling, you've got to at least make your bad opinions consistent between posts stop being so sloppy

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Hako posted:

Only if you're comparing F-Zero GX to MK Double Dash. Otherwise MK wins every other comparison.

Mario Kart is fine but I have more fun with F Zero because it's just a faster and more intense game with more precise movement. I also like the stage design in F Zero.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
It's not terribly surprising, most people define any task that takes longer than 5-10 minutes "work" in ye olde 2018.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
gently caress the Switch, gently caress Nintendo, and gently caress Smash 5

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CrRoMa posted:

Sorry, from your posts it's obvious it's not the TV content that's stupid, dull and boring, the problem is on the opposite side of the TV screen.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

steinrokkan posted:

Sorry, from your posts it's obvious it's not the TV content that's stupid, dull and boring, the problem is on the opposite side of the TV screen.

Lol just read a wiki page, moran

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I feel like anybody over the age of 25 still swooning over Nintendo games and products are emotionally stunted man children. Seeing people nearing 40 gushing over Animal Crossing made me embarrassed as a human being.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm reporting everyone involved in this lovely tv derail to the mods!!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BubbaGrace posted:

I feel like anybody over the age of 25 still swooning over Nintendo games and products are emotionally stunted man children. Seeing people nearing 40 gushing over Animal Crossing made me embarrassed as a human being.

Sometimes it makes me kind of ill to see how infantilized adults have become with the entertainment they consume, and then I remember that I like all sorts of dumb bullshit for babies too even if most of it involves guys shooting each other. Which is weird because I didn’t 10 years ago.

I think we are all becoming giant idiot babies and anyone posting in a games thread is probably just as guilty as the next guy.

People that literally freak out over new Nintendo games are loving mutants though.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CrRoMa posted:

lmfao

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Star Man posted:

gently caress the Switch, gently caress Nintendo, and gently caress Smash 5

Switch rules, but yes Smash is dumb and boring. Nintendo also became the expensive way to play video games which is annoying.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The Fallout games are fantastic and fallout 3s world and locations are maybe the greatest ever in a game

Megaton is more memorable than anything in botw

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

CrRoMa posted:

Yes there is no middle ground between people screaming at videos games and 60 hours of serialized drama.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CrRoMa posted:

The Fallout games are fantastic and fallout 3s world and locations are maybe the greatest ever in a game

Boooring

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CrRoMa posted:

Choice Galaxy Brain Post right here itt

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

this makes me really wanna play wurm online again

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CrRoMa posted:

"man people just don't think I'm big enough of an idiot, what can I say to make them REALLY think I'm a moron?"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

CrRoMa posted:

Close but you shot your shot with the tv post

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I chose...LIFE!

*slams random wikipedia article button*

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Twitch is actually good if you find streamers that are funny and/or knowledgeable about the games they're playing (assuming the game that they're playing isn't dogshit). BroTeamPill is usually good for a laugh, for example. Slowbeef is also p cool because he plays weird and rare stuff that's been largely forgotten

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hey now, this is the unpopular opinion thread, not wrong opinion thread. Where the gently caress ya going with "twitch is good"!?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Hey now, this is the unpopular opinion thread, not wrong opinion thread. Where the gently caress ya going with "twitch is good"!?

Goodpinionsville
Population: Me, bitch

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Twitch has a 24/7 free Rifftraxx channel

So I guess Twitch... technically good?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Twitch has a 24/7 free Rifftraxx channel

So I guess Twitch... technically good?

Its the only thing that gets me through work.

Well that and not doing my job

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

CrRoMa posted:

I'm not labelling a huge swath of TV as "bad". I'm saying television shows have consistently bored me.

I read everything you've said, and I don't think you're dumb or wrong, I just think you have a very short attention span. That kinda sounds like an insult, but to me it's more like "your hair is red". I kind of relate, in that for me, I care 99% about a show or movie having new ideas, and 1% about all the poo poo people ever talk about. It only ever really comes up in discussion as "world building", which is usually where it's obvious. But to me a film that I can understand is not especially great like The adjustment bureau or I <3 Huckabee's, that at least has different ideas in it than the next film, is BETTER than something like "The Wife", but I can still appreciate why the wife would get critical acclaim over the others. I think actually it's because I don't care about human drama and that's what drives 99% of movies. (I'm saying you should watch the Crank movies).

Anyway, dumb game opinion is that I feel the same about games, so anything with a gimmick is GREAT, and as such Clive Barker's Undying with it's scry mechanic and weapon / spell load out is the best fps ever made.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

olives black posted:

Twitch is actually good if you find streamers that are funny and/or knowledgeable about the games they're playing (assuming the game that they're playing isn't dogshit). BroTeamPill is usually good for a laugh, for example. Slowbeef is also p cool because he plays weird and rare stuff that's been largely forgotten

I love watching Kilg0re_Trout - he's a cranky old guy that only plays PC games of days of yore.

https://www.twitch.tv/kilg0re_tr0ut/videos?filter=archives&sort=time

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

CrRoMa posted:

Have you considered reading a book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Elman posted:

Have you considered reading a book?

*sounds out these words a few times, increasingly baffled*