Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's only a war crime if someone can actually prosecute you for it. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Rimworld: Space Court

After a long stay on the rim, you and your crew are get served. Now it's time to answer for your space crimes.

Will the judge give you leniency? "We were just doing what we needed, to survive!" *still dapper in a 3pc suit of human leather*

Or will he hand you what has become the most common punishment?

*judge bangs gavel*

"I hereby sentence you to spend the rest of your days on an unknown rimworld, to be delivered there by malfunctioning escape pod."

Doesn't sound so bad... :getin:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

isndl posted:

Unethical medical practices on prisoners may be a war crime, but it's valuable medical training data and you might get a pass for it anyways!

Dr. Mengele rereg spotted.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Asimo posted:

It's only a war crime if someone is left to report it

ftfy

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Warmachine posted:

I've definitely had my pawns execute downed colonists that they know are alive and no longer a threat. We're all criminals here.

My pawns are too busy to take the time to do that. Let Them Bleed. If they're really lucky maybe they'll get back up and limp away. It's a mercy, really.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

A while back someone mentioned some lightweight medicine mods, just stuff to heal scars and fix noses and stuff. Anybody have those on hand?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Vanilla Bionics Expansion and Scar Removal.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Vanilla Bionics Expansion and Scar Removal.

Perfect, thanks!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Wrr posted:

My pawns are too busy to take the time to do that. Let Them Bleed. If they're really lucky maybe they'll get back up and limp away. It's a mercy, really.

this is basically how i do things if i don't intend to rescue or recruit someone. i strip them naked to keep dead dudeman tags off their poo poo and then i'll just wait for their wounds to finish them off, or for them to recover enough to limp off the map. i scarcely care which.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Coolguye posted:

this is basically how i do things if i don't intend to rescue or recruit someone. i strip them naked to keep dead dudeman tags off their poo poo and then i'll just wait for their wounds to finish them off, or for them to recover enough to limp off the map. i scarcely care which.

If I got a bloodlust colonist I’ll queue up as many more “killed someone” moodlets I have left to stack to downed enemies and let them feel amazing for... 3 days?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Waaagh indeed

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Are elf-robes made from elf leather? And (noble) ones made from elf nobles specifically?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I only wear the finest of weaved hypers.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

I only wear the finest of weaved hypers.

I only wear the iron womb of my power armor. Move speed is nothing compared to the terror of the bugs.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
My current mod list still fits in a screenshot. Paint shop throws an error on load and I don't use it, so it's leaving soon.

In God mode I made a small house as an exercise in design, and populated it with tribals. Is it war crimes if they're native, bidden by their god?

The tribe had a surprisingly good skill-set for an almost completely random start, but in Prepare Carefully I fixed their ailments and traits. They are a married couple: Komodo and Seal, two lovers: Raven and Wolverine, and one loner: Sea Lion. So I set Sea Lion up as Wolverine's lover as well. He picked a bed with Raven initially, but I've switched them a couple times to balance their moods. Wolverine proposed to both at on the same day in the first month. My wife and I are watching this soap opera unfold as we wonder Who Will He Marry First and What Happens Next and Will they be Eaten by Tyranosaurs?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
That exact poly couple is happening in a gbs or e/n thread somewhere right now, a new York Times writer detailing her adventure of forcing her husband to accept her boyfriend against his wishes.

To get accurate with the irl story, you need to make the chicks main dude build a cuck shack in the back yard and make him live there while she lives with the new squeeze full time in the house.

Edit: thread

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > Rimworld: Dr. Mengele's Cuck Shack

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Warmachine posted:

I only wear the iron womb of my power armor. Move speed is nothing compared to the terror of the bugs.

Running away is my greatest strength. The moment a raid occurs, pack up a caravan and move to a different map.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Mindless posted:

My current mod list still fits in a screenshot. Paint shop throws an error on load and I don't use it, so it's leaving soon.

this has inspired me to try to cut down my modlist again. probably not to that few, but definitely a lot less than i currently have.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Syndlig posted:

this has inspired me to try to cut down my modlist again. probably not to that few, but definitely a lot less than i currently have.

If I want to play again before building my new machine (NVMe :circlefap:) I should do this. Mod bloat leading to 5+ minute load times sucked some of the fun away for me.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Mod bloat is also one of my issues. I've cut a lot of it away, but I'm still on 15~20.

Phoenix Taichou
Jun 23, 2010

"Movie reference."

Heartcatch posted:

Mod bloat is also one of my issues. I've cut a lot of it away, but I'm still on 15~20.

What I see every few pages is someone saying their favourite or essential mods and the list ends up being long. Could we not have a sort of... "pick your top 10 mods" thing and just average it out as The People's Most Chosen Mods or some bollocks like that

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Heartcatch posted:

what're the 15-20 you use? i find there's lots of little things i want to change to make thing better, and then suddenly i'm at 100+ mods and take a full minute to start the game :eng99:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Phoenix Taichou posted:

What I see every few pages is someone saying their favourite or essential mods and the list ends up being long. Could we not have a sort of... "pick your top 10 mods" thing and just average it out as The People's Most Chosen Mods or some bollocks like that

I'm all for that, but every few pages people also ask each other what mods they're using. The OP could be updated to have a collection of essential mods that might help.

Syndlig posted:

what're the 15-20 you use? i find there's lots of little things i want to change to make thing better, and then suddenly i'm at 100+ mods and take a full minute to start the game :eng99:

Expanded Roofing, Misc Robots, Gloomy Furniture, Archipelagos, More Floors, Tribal Apparel, Replace Stuff, Wall Light, Faction Control, Psychology, Medical Tab, More Furniture, Rain Washes Away Filth, RimCuisine, HugsLib, Prepare Carefully, RimHUD, and a few hair mods.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Phoenix Taichou posted:

The problem is that a lot of mods do one or two small things. They change a single stat on an item or add a UI feature. Any top-10 would have to be split between two lists to account for things like "Allow Tool" or "More Planning" vs "Rimsenal" or "Dub's" anything.

I had something like 170 at last count. I'd say 120 of those are probably "small" things.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Heartcatch posted:

Expanded Roofing, Misc Robots, Gloomy Furniture, Archipelagos, More Floors, Tribal Apparel, Replace Stuff, Wall Light, Faction Control, Psychology, Medical Tab, More Furniture, Rain Washes Away Filth, RimCuisine, HugsLib, Prepare Carefully, RimHUD, and a few hair mods.

that seems a pretty solid list. a couple I'd suggest you should check out are "Ugh You Got Me" so your pawns don't fight to the death every time they get mad at each other and "Cupro's Stones" just because i love me some rocks.

EDIT: also I'd suggest "Stuffed Floors" over "More Floors", it has the same floors but clutters the floors page a lot less.

surfacelevelspeck fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 14, 2018

Phoenix Taichou
Jun 23, 2010

"Movie reference."

Warmachine posted:

The problem is that a lot of mods do one or two small things. They change a single stat on an item or add a UI feature. Any top-10 would have to be split between two lists to account for things like "Allow Tool" or "More Planning" vs "Rimsenal" or "Dub's" anything.

I had something like 170 at last count. I'd say 120 of those are probably "small" things.

Yeah, I guess it is tough when everybody has a different view of what counts as quality of life or essential. There're some I couldn't live without that others might call superfluous.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Syndlig posted:

that seems a pretty solid list. a couple I'd suggest you should check out are "Ugh You Got Me" so your pawns don't fight to the death every time they get mad at each other and "Cupro's Stones" just because i love me some rocks.

EDIT: also I'd suggest "Stuffed Floors" over "More Floors", it has the same floors but clutters the floors page a lot less.

These look pretty good. Thanks for the heads up!

Fashion and hair mods are my bane, I like playing pretty princess dressup but I hate having mod bloat. :saddowns:

Phoenix Taichou
Jun 23, 2010

"Movie reference."
Is there anything you guys can think of that there isn't a mod for yet, or a sufficient mod for? I'm not talking about something ridiculously niche or weird, but something that you feel that hasn't been (properly) done yet

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Phoenix Taichou posted:

Is there anything you guys can think of that there isn't a mod for yet, or a sufficient mod for? I'm not talking about something ridiculously niche or weird, but something that you feel that hasn't been (properly) done yet

bugs. making the bugs more robust, as kind of like a properly invasive species, maybe taking cues from Aliens and having them coat the cave they live in in a mucous cement or something. would make for some serious H.R. Geiger horror moments if you crack open a wall and come face-to-face with a pulsating mass of flesh :gonk:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Syndlig posted:

bugs. making the bugs more robust, as kind of like a properly invasive species, maybe taking cues from Aliens and having them coat the cave they live in in a mucous cement or something. would make for some serious H.R. Geiger horror moments if you crack open a wall and come face-to-face with a pulsating mass of flesh :gonk:

This. TBH making the bugs their own Zerg-style faction would own bones. Steal a bit from the Tiberium Rim mod and make it so that bugs, left unchecked, will terraform tiles into bug tiles. A few more kinds of bugs would be good too, as well as some refinement as to how the bugs show up in the first place. Make them more like raiders where they could show up via a "raid," or could choose to tunnel in. Bug sieges where instead of tunnling into your base, they look for open underground areas AWAY from you where they can build up before busting out to attack you in force.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Black Hive does some parts of this, and could be expanded on.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Better Infestations is kinda similar to what i was thinking, though i dunno if it still works. i couldn't find black hive anywhere, i'm guessing it's part of some other mod?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Some kind of land vehicle mod would be cool. I’m talking even bikes. Would make it easier for me to do caravans without having to run a barn with a muff herd. I tried the drop ship mod a while ago but some kind of car or something would be neat. I do run the giddy up mods which are awesome.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Yes, Vehicles fills that niche. i remember using this ages ago but it hasn't been updated for 1.0, could be worth diving into RimWorld modding to get it up to date.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Went in looking to prune the modlist, got rid of almost a dozen!

...and added just as many. Dammit that's not how this works!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So we begin again, using a new Crash Landing mod.

Literally raining chunks of ship from the sky. Not pictured: Having a maimed colonist manually breaking down a reactor before it irradiated the only safe place on the map. You don't start with any supplies, and you could very well land with 3 incapacitated/dead colonists. What you get to work with depends on what chunks fall from the sky, and if you can get to them fast enough to salvage useful things before they burn up. Since these things are big, I assume that if you happen to get hit by the falling debris, you die. So my pawns are going to hide in these caves until pieces of starship stop crashing down around them.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Warmachine posted:

So we begin again, using a new Crash Landing mod.

Literally raining chunks of ship from the sky. Not pictured: Having a maimed colonist manually breaking down a reactor before it irradiated the only safe place on the map. You don't start with any supplies, and you could very well land with 3 incapacitated/dead colonists. What you get to work with depends on what chunks fall from the sky, and if you can get to them fast enough to salvage useful things before they burn up. Since these things are big, I assume that if you happen to get hit by the falling debris, you die. So my pawns are going to hide in these caves until pieces of starship stop crashing down around them.

Crash Landing is one of the most entertaining ways to play Rimworld! Can your only mobile pawn manage to rip a half-stack of paste meals away from the consuming inferno, allowing everyone to live long enough to heal? Sweet, a trade section landed in the river and one or two reasonable guns are in a position to not catch on fire.

Did the wildfires consume every stick of kindling in the map? Cryptosleep or prison chunk crashes usually result in 1-3 maimed survivors; pulling an expert planter out of encroaching flames while steadfastly ignoring the pop stars, sherriffs, and lazy janitors actively being consumed by flames is sobering and grim even for Rimworld.

AND crashes can be rolled as random events in the future. A bunch of gold and jade furniture falls out of a chunk? Hope you are somehow ready for doubling raid severity...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenix Taichou
Jun 23, 2010

"Movie reference."

Syndlig posted:

Yes, Vehicles fills that niche. i remember using this ages ago but it hasn't been updated for 1.0, could be worth diving into RimWorld modding to get it up to date.

Anybody here have any Rim modding experience or similar? Getting some original RimGoon mods up would be interesting.