Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

oh is that where hunter munitions comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I finally got Saryn cooking :toot: and finished Mot so i'm looking forward to the next quests, although unfortunately not without some of my most uneven pub experiences since i started playing. Hosts so laggy that it was actually impossible to hit the targets in Kela's arena, low MR players going 0-19 in the Sedna arenas or being straight afk for the entire duration of the match, bonus if the host is so wonky i get spawnkilled twice before even gaining control of my character. On the opposite end it was basically impossible to extract at any point during Mot until i went solo (and beat Vor on my own) because every game filled up with players determined to go a full 60 minutes and refusing to even argue about it. Survival really needs a way to kick or split sessions, having to idle afk in some jesus-spot so you don't lose all your progress is such an awkward workaround.

Getting the actual Saryn parts was surprisingly pretty fun. I'm still sitting on like 50+ entry points for the boss from helping other players in the arenas, and i actually really liked the bossfight once i got a hang of the mechanics! ... as long as it doesn't break on a technical level and people bring something to crack her armor - otherwise it turns into an awkward bulletspongy standoff. Absolutely no comparison to the Tyl Regor shitshow or Equinox grind.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 13, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm kinda mad now that the zauba helmet looks nothing like that!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Metos posted:

I started playing recently and joined the Goon clan, I wanna shout out a thanks to CaveAdapted for gifting me a bunch of warframe and inventory slots and I have no idea how to do it in-game where they will see it! That was super helpful and I'm really grateful.

Feeling pumped to keep playing and make some new frames!

This also

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

King Plum the Nth posted:

Hi, sorry for the random post but I'm hoping the Warframe thread can help me. I have a family member who loves this game but I don't really know anything about it. I want to get him some premium currency he can use in game for Christmas but I don't want to get a present as lame and out of touch as I actually am. ("I got you some Playmobils because I know how much you love the Legos, boy" :downs:)

So as best as I can tell what he needs is Platinum and he could buy that with a Steam gift card if I get him a one of those -- is that right? The big issue is: what is a useful amount of platinum/money? Like I probably can't spent much more than $40 so would that be worth it?
$40 is plenty. Just don't give it to him with the expectation that he'll use it right away. The game periodically gives out personal discounts ranging from 25% to 75% as daily login rewards, so he can make that money go a lot farther if he waits for the right time to spend it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Break into your relative's account and buy them Nezha Deluxe.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what am i missing in this jackal fight? it seems like i am maybe supposed to use these bombs the drones bring in to blow him up but it isnt working and 1 leg takes roughly 150 bullets to kill.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Awesome! posted:

what am i missing in this jackal fight? it seems like i am maybe supposed to use these bombs the drones bring in to blow him up but it isnt working and 1 leg takes roughly 150 bullets to kill.
Shoot a leg until it trips, shoot the now-unshielded body until it gets up, repeat. Unless you have a decent gun with good mods on it in which case you can just shoot the body and overpower the shield with brute force.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok so exactly what i was doing but i am doing like no damage at all while he kills me in 2 seconds. is he supposed to be lvl 18 while everything else in the mission was like 7?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So...I think Garuda is very quickly becoming one of my favorites. She's this weird mix of methodical assassination and group support that I'm really enjoying. Like a Sniper that occasionally just goes "Oh for fucksake MOVE I'LL DO IT"

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Awesome! posted:

ok so exactly what i was doing but i am doing like no damage at all while he kills me in 2 seconds. is he supposed to be lvl 18 while everything else in the mission was like 7?

Probably. The issue is that you have weak guns with almost no mods at that point of the game, so it can take painfully long. I had similar trouble with that fight and needed several tries and heavy use of Excalibur's 4 to finish it. Are you online now? I'd be happy to run you through it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah, like i just tried again and straight up ran out of ammo with him at about 85% life. my character name is AwesomeSA

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You probably need better mods/weapons. Level up your basic damage mods first and see how you go.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Are you trying to solo it? When you're just starting out the most effective thing you can do vs Jackal is be in a group.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was trying to solo it yes. hundredbears helped me out and now i can progress to mercury

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
I finally bothered to build Nezha and oh my god this is so good.
But I also built a Penta, so now I'm stuck grinding for MR on a t-shirt launcher while moving faster than my shots do. I better get a speed boost from exploding my own rear end.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
If you're ever having trouble in the early star map just go Public. 90% chance you'll find a vet grinding early poo poo or trying new builds that will carry you easily.

Just make sure you grind out mods while you go, because nobody is on the later planets. Expect to have to solo all of Sedna or as the clan.

Maybe it's different on console vs PC, but most of the 'lol pubbie bad' isn't really true. It's mostly badasses with the occasional outstandingly stupid motherfucker that leaves a bad impression.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 13, 2018

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Flytrap posted:

It's mostly badasses with the occasional outstandingly stupid motherfucker that leaves a bad impression.

My favorite dumb pubbie was some Excalibur Prime who started the mission by making fun of me and another guy for being in regular Excal, then he kept running off and dying instead of hanging around by the defense objective like the rest of us. Nobody went to go res him because of his poo poo attitude so he raged a bunch about how we're all useless idiots and good luck and quit.

Of course, without his superior abilities and damage we were quickly overwhelmed by the infestation we finished 20 waves with just the three of us with plenty of spare time to laugh at him in chat along the way.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pubbies are competant enough until they need to do something like defend an objective, or do an interception mission, or actually move through a void fissure mission rather than hanging around in one area raging about how nothing is spawning when the loving reactant is right there dammit if you'd just loving move to the exit.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Pubbies are, on the whole, still incredibly dumb. It's just that the bar for contributing is pretty low when even a poorly modded weapon will obliterate star chart enemies as long as you're firing it in more or less the correct direction once you actually get the mods ranked up.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

More importantly, dumb or not, pubbies in this game tend to be friendly and not unpleasant.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I was the dumb pubbie that was blasting limbos #1 during one of my first defence mission with him. No one was mad, just taught me about his abilities and what it does.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Made the mistake of doing an Interception Arby's with pubs. They all died within the first two minutes, and sat there arguing among themselves about who sucked the most. "gently caress all of you" was uttered multiple times as they tried to explain away their badness.

I left them to rot.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Oh poo poo energy color changes my guns' projectiles :aaa: now my Frost has a handheld chain ice* beam

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Oh poo poo energy color changes my guns' projectiles :aaa: now my Frost has a handheld chain ice* beam

The nastiest pubbies I've ever run into have been people who've gotten Really Mad about my bright pink Atomos or Arca Plasmor projectiles. :v:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I unveiled a Nukor Riven last night (which is fine, I like my microwave gun) but was wondering what kind of price one could hypothetically ask.

So, Riven Market:

Multishot's okay, I guess, but can't wait to try out my 8% crits!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If only the growth was a moddable value

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

If a player with a Nukor cops a radiation proc on a sortie, do their team mates get all inflatey if they get hit?

Asking for....reasons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Help im starting to enjoy index

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Elissimpark posted:

I unveiled a Nukor Riven last night (which is fine, I like my microwave gun) but was wondering what kind of price one could hypothetically ask.

So, Riven Market:

Multishot's okay, I guess, but can't wait to try out my 8% crits!

Nukor has a really high crit multiplier for some reason, so there's a gimmick you use Harrow and/or an Adarza Kavat to boost your crit chance and do stupid amounts of damage. It's really not worthwhile outside of the simulacrum.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Help im starting to enjoy index

It'll pass.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
reddit loves nukor. it's an okay weapon at best, but they've managed to drive the riven prices for it to meta weapon levels. always sell nukor rivens.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

they, for some reason, do not feel the same way about the Synapse, which is a much better more reliable gun

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I refuse to pub with anyone if it is a Spying mission, these people can't hack for poo poo.

Otherwise, I appreciate help in Defense or Survival, actively look for it in Intercepting - I can beat it by myself but one more person is already a boon - and anything else is fine.

I only hate when a tweaked out Level 99 guy joins in, rush the gently caress out to the objective and the exit and I'm lagging behind grabbing the spoils in the massacre that happened :saddowns:

Awesome! posted:

I was getting nuked by Jackal too because I forgot how fragile you are at the start at the game, go to your Mods section and level either the one that gives you +% of Shield to 3 or 4 and Vitality to 2 or 3. That's going to carry you for a while until you have Endo to level other stuff.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Getting the actual Saryn parts was surprisingly pretty fun. I'm still sitting on like 50+ entry points for the boss from helping other players in the arenas, and i actually really liked the bossfight once i got a hang of the mechanics! ... as long as it doesn't break on a technical level and people bring something to crack her armor - otherwise it turns into an awkward bulletspongy standoff. Absolutely no comparison to the Tyl Regor shitshow or Equinox grind.

I hope you got Medi-Ray in the process. Took me over 80 runs. I really wish I could just go back to my dojo, Kela.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Two gear questions:

1) Someone was shooting the giant dropsships out of the air in the Plains on level 5 bounty, he was using the railgun I forget the name of. What other guns have maximum fuckoff potential to do that?

2) I was gifted the Furax Wraith in clan chat, I noticed it stood out because it was just the blueprint and two tradable components, but I didn't need anything else to manufacture it. What other weapons are fully tradable like that, for MR grinding purposes? Is there a list anywhere?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Two gear questions:

1) Someone was shooting the giant dropsships out of the air in the Plains on level 5 bounty, he was using the railgun I forget the name of. What other guns have maximum fuckoff potential to do that?

2) I was gifted the Furax Wraith in clan chat, I noticed it stood out because it was just the blueprint and two tradable components, but I didn't need anything else to manufacture it. What other weapons are fully tradable like that, for MR grinding purposes? Is there a list anywhere?

the railgun was opticor, but most sniper rifles work well enough. titania's also pretty good at popping dropships.

as for parts-only weapons, that's mostly invasion rewards. there's also gorgon wraith, whose parts drop from the razorback event which happens periodically.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Jackal was the first sign to come of bosses having timed vulnerability combined with very high burst damage attacks. The former you can just wiki or learn (because if you pub and get some pro to instakill it you have 0 chance of even seeing what's going on), the latter are - before you get tanky mods or frames with invuln abilities - a mixture of either not letting them live long enough or evading a lot and/or hoping the boss is targeting someone or something else.

Vargs posted:

I hope you got Medi-Ray in the process. Took me over 80 runs. I really wish I could just go back to my dojo, Kela.
No, i'm not that lucky. But at least Vor dropped his toxic mod for my shotguns so i don't have to go back immediately.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Elissimpark posted:

If a player with a Nukor cops a radiation proc on a sortie, do their team mates get all inflatey if they get hit?

Asking for....reasons.
They sure do!

Zero VGS posted:

Two gear questions:

1. At low MR, a properly built sniper rifle of some variety is probably the easiest to get going, but there are lots of options. A corrosive-modded Tenora will do a pretty solid job of burning them down, for example. Soma would probably do alright as well. Once MR requirements are no longer a concern stuff like Opticor, Euphona Prime, and Tiberon Prime all become very viable options. Some frames are pretty good at popping them too, like Titania as previously mentioned.

2. All Wraith and Vandal weapons have blueprints that can be traded. Prisma and syndicate weapons can also be traded so long as they have never been used in any way (no affinity, no potato, no focus lens).

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

reddit loves nukor. it's an okay weapon at best, but they've managed to drive the riven prices for it to meta weapon levels. always sell nukor rivens.

Nukor shenanigans aside, how do you price a riven? I've got a couple for weapons I mastered and ditched, with no interest in going back to. I've looked at riven market, but it seems... a bit random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I'm looking to round out my collection of basic mods so I can actually do damage with something other than my Arca plasmor and Lenz. Are the status dual mods in the category of goon handouts or will I need to grind?