Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

the gay lizard character should be removed from the game immediately due to her unreasonably high damage, low skill cap, infinite duration snare, ninjaic maneuvers etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i ban it after akali. its not that hard. i mean people are playing yasuo in my games more than 0% of the time atm. its the cost of having fun i guess

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

agreed that we are in a sad state where there are too many ninjas and not enough bans

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

...Neeko is not a ninja.

Also banning her is a mistake because you should be playing the gay lizard. She is very fun and good.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Speaking of ninjas I want old Shen back. His new kit is stupid.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Speaking of ninjas I want old Shen back. His new kit is stupid.

Are you talking about release Shen where his Feint was a dodge all attacks skill?

Malah
May 18, 2015

Riot can go gently caress themselves if they make Nexus Blitz permanent after taking Dominion offline.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Malah posted:

Riot can go gently caress themselves if they make Nexus Blitz permanent after taking Dominion offline.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

yeah love the mode where you pick rammus and never interact with the enemy team

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Been trying to get back into this game recently. Mostly been focusing on playing ADC because I like the simple focus of getting better at positioning and move-attacking. My desk setup isn't the best atm though, so when I'm trying to focus on a specific target its hard to keep my mouse right on them, especially with minions around. Is there a hotkey to just AA champions, or is the standard attack move key all there is?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Unfinish3d posted:

Been trying to get back into this game recently. Mostly been focusing on playing ADC because I like the simple focus of getting better at positioning and move-attacking. My desk setup isn't the best atm though, so when I'm trying to focus on a specific target its hard to keep my mouse right on them, especially with minions around. Is there a hotkey to just AA champions, or is the standard attack move key all there is?

There's only standard attack move. There is a Target Champions Only toggle available, but it will only apply to targeted abilities and right click attacks.

I have my attack move bound to left click so that it's cognitively easier for me to process what to do with my hands, as well as freeing up my fingers to stay on the main ability hotkeys. Realistically, pointer precision is something that just takes time to develop.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Unfinish3d posted:

there is, it is called clicking on the champions. part of mechanical skill is doing that sort of thing, if you want to attack move backwards to kite without manually clicking you are going to have to face the fact that sometimes you will hit a minion, otherwise the role would be dogshit easy to play and vayne players would still gently caress it up by trying to ult in and get the perfect condemn angle or whatever goes through vayne players minds when they start doing gently caress poo poo and throwing games

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
taric is insanely strong why does very few people play him? too much useless support stigma???

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

taric is insanely strong why does very few people play him? too much useless support stigma???

He's kinda halfway between Braum and an enchanter support. He doesn't have the engage capability or peel of Braum, and has a much more difficult time in lane than ranged supports. He's the least playmaker-y of any melee support. His win rate is pretty good, but unless you're a monster at hitting E in lane, you're not gonna stomp people early, and laning against someone who knows what they're doing on a ranged bully is just absolutely miserable

I can't really put words to it, but his builds and skill ordering never... feels right? He runs out of mana instantly (seriously, I don't think there's a champion in the game who goes OOM faster spamming spells), yet your nature as a tank support means you don't really have the opportunity to build mana items. Unless you do? And then you don't have a Locket? Or a Redemption?? And basically just what the hell are you supposed to build on the guy I mean he does kinda everything

I think he's super fun and well worth the time investment for Serious Support Players. There are opposing team compositions where if you pick Taric and don't lose lane, you basically become unkillable and make your entire time unkillable, too.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I feel the same about taric as I do the other strong supports that I should play more like soraka, janna: I find them boring af to play so I don't

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Do Ahri W and R count as AoE for Ravenous Hunter purposes?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

kingcobweb posted:

And basically just what the hell are you supposed to build on the guy I mean he does kinda everything

I think he's super fun and well worth the time investment for Serious Support Players. There are opposing team compositions where if you pick Taric and don't lose lane, you basically become unkillable and make your entire time unkillable, too.

on jungle i go bloodrazor into tear or cinderhulk into frozenfist.

top i rush frozen fist. manacrystal +refill pot start

as support i like to rush righteous glory.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

el dingo posted:

I feel the same about taric as I do the other strong supports that I should play more like soraka, janna: I find them boring af to play so I don't

That's my thought; Taric is just so freaking boring.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
janna and soraka cant 1v1 xin zhao at crab level 2

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Supports have way more fun options now, I could sit around healing some goober as they eat every skillshot headed their way or I could lock in pyke/bard/brand and just wreck the lane, then wreck midlane and ride off into the sunset spamming mastery

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Slaapaav posted:

he has the highest mid win rate in the game right now (apparently funnel is still good, who knew)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Slaapaav posted:

as was said he is incredibly boring to play and even though he wins games his laning never feels strong. in a meta of empowered play along supports, taric is far too passive of a pick to be popular even though his defensive capabilities are still incredibly high

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

The brain meme with taric in Aram at the end.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the only time i've really had fun on taric was on a team that had a bunch of speed boosts, i'd ult everyone and we'd just slam a deathball right into the enemy team

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Taric is fun if you play him as a roaming stun machine. Just build as much movement items as possible and zoom through the map stunning everyone 24/7.

Is it the most effective build? No. Is the fun? Yes.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
The Taric/Mordekaiser botlane is one of the most entertaining things you can do, and I recommend it to anybody that knows one of the three Morde players left in the wild. You need to be really good at hitting E, but if you do whatever you hit dies. You end up having to go first item Frozen Fist to solve for mana problems and you ARE laning with Mordekaiser, but its worth it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Zodiac5000 posted:

The Taric/Mordekaiser botlane is one of the most entertaining things you can do, and I recommend it to anybody that knows one of the three Morde players left in the wild. You need to be really good at hitting E, but if you do whatever you hit dies. You end up having to go first item Frozen Fist to solve for mana problems and you ARE laning with Mordekaiser, but its worth it.

the cognoscenti refer to this lane comp as “The Brothers”

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Taric's empowered autos hit hard and fast enough if you're spamming rank 1 Qs that he can reliably wreck most champs in melee, much to their surprise. As others have said though, laning against any competent ranged bully is a miserable experience.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Smol posted:

Do Ahri W and R count as AoE for Ravenous Hunter purposes?

For all spell effects, W is single target and R is AOE.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

None of Taric's buttons feel like they DO anything other than his E, his mana issues are absurd, and his ult feels incredibly hard to use properly. He's the rework I hate the most because I used to play old Taric constantly, even got to Plat with the Taric/Morde bro-combo, and then they just gutted him.

It's very frustrating. I wish i could figure him out but he just feels awful to play as. Especially in a meta full of mage supports.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
his entire powerbudget went to his passive instead of being a walking clickstun armor debuffer.

play him jungle to learn his ability timings before you take him to lane. he can solo dragon very fast while barely taking damage. hunters talisman is lowkey overpowered on taric. jungle bullies lose 1v1 against you if they try to fight you.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Xerath is fun :shobon:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was spectating a friend playing a ranked game the other day and his team had a distinct lead the entire game but eventually lost to bickering because they kept losing team fights to taric ult because they were all very dumb and it is apparently tilting to assassin players to have to disengage for even one second

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

rabidsquid posted:

i was spectating a friend playing a ranked game the other day and his team had a distinct lead the entire game but eventually lost to bickering because they kept losing team fights to taric ult because they were all very dumb and it is apparently tilting to assassin players to have to disengage for even one second

I was bot lane Jhin with a pyke support and that pyke could not work out his ult did not work against taric ult all game.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Taric ult is the single strongest button in the entire game after 30 minutes. It's incredibly satisfying to time it perfectly in team fights, because typically it will straight up decide the entire match right then and there. Aiming 2 stuns at once is really fun too, and it can lead to some incredible plays. He's weaker in laning phase, but it's worth the trade-off.

It feels really weird to basically have a late-game support, but I like it. I played a shitload of old Taric too but the rework is so much fun.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Overall I'd say the old taric was more fun but new taric still owns.

What's the best runes if I wanna take him in the jungle? I'm assuming I'd probably use one close to Zac or Sej's.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i prefer old taric but he had auras and unit target abilities, the two things riot game hate most in the world, so he had to die.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Taric's best iteration was when his passive scaled on mana and buying a sheen was a considerable power spike.

Speaking of reworks, I still miss old GP. Nothing wrong with invisible power as riot puts it. His E made his kit incredibly versatile for being such a "boring" ability.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

rabidsquid posted:

Last night I locked malz top because the enemy team had like akali/pyke/hecarim/jayce and they got out to a huge early lead and then threw it with surgical precision by just inting into me on R cooldown, all according to keikaku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

So uh since HOTS seems to be dying are there any league streamers to watch that are good at like explaining the game but also not nazis