Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mob justice would be an improvement over american cops but that's not saying much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

yeah mob justice in the united states has a great history

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Crane Fist posted:

drat it's extremely cool that instead of saying grace at meals your dad did the Jack Nicholson speech from a few good men

I wish it was the cool kind. It was mostly him using his position as Chief of Police to get access to drugs and sexual assault victims. And of course it's a small town, so everyone knows but waits until my parents split to unburden themselves of his secrets. And from what I've learned since then, most cops are just like him. gently caress him. gently caress cops.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I love imagining the end of property but heaven forbid we imagine the end of the enforcers of property

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
i don’t see how no police could work without global collapse and a return to very small societies. im not sneering at the concept though, i would like to hear some proposed solutions, or theories, or examples for real, because police are pretty much universally bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Use the cop thread to talk about this

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

no one said hot takes couldn't come from inside the thread

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Jose posted:

Good call. I didn’t know there was one. Sorry.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
fair

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jose posted:

I only read two threads in this subforum how was I to know there were others?

(good call though)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

christmas boots posted:

See, what comes to my mind is like, lynch mobs and poo poo. What's an example of this actually working?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's a Tory MP

https://twitter.com/DominicRaab/status/1072744754096549888?s=19

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Now show median you lovely gently caress

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

that’s brilliant

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

In what universe does that graph show wages rising fast? :psyduck:

It’s not lying with statistics. It’s just lying.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Platystemon posted:

In what universe does that graph show wages rising fast? :psyduck:

It’s not lying with statistics. It’s just lying.

You don't you miss the golden age of 2011?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

40% of cops are domestic abusers lol

It's important for police to have things in common with the communities they serve

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

See, when I meant long-term, I was kind of hoping for an example that lasted longer than a decade before the mob replaced it with a conservative government like the Thermadorians.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, if your idea of success involves La Terreur we kind of have different standards. That’s kind of the poster child for violent revolution leading to new tyranny and the execution of the revolutionaries, right up there with 1917 in Russia leading to Stalinism.

In the latter case even during the revolution my pacifist people were murdered en masse in Ukraine for being Kulaks, and Trotsky approved, so that sours me on it a bit.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

This is the Brexit minister who admitted a few weeks ago he never quite understood how important the UK's largest port is to the import/export economy of Britain, which is an island

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/comicbook/status/1073297525363347457?s=21

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
e: wrong thread

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I can't process this metaphor unless its put into Pottermore terms.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

seiferguy posted:

I can't process this metaphor unless its put into Pottermore terms.

she’s a Gryffinpuff who did a hocus pocus on the magistry of ministers

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, if your idea of success involves La Terreur we kind of have different standards. That’s kind of the poster child for violent revolution leading to new tyranny and the execution of the revolutionaries, right up there with 1917 in Russia leading to Stalinism.

In the latter case even during the revolution my pacifist people were murdered en masse in Ukraine for being Kulaks, and Trotsky approved, so that sours me on it a bit.

Mark Twain posted:

There were two “Reigns of Terror,” if we would but remember it and consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passion, the other in heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon ten thousand persons, the other upon a hundred millions; but our shudders are all for the “horrors” of the minor Terror, the momentary Terror, so to speak; whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe, compared with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty, and heart-break? What is swift death by lightning compared with death by slow fire at the stake? A city cemetery could contain the coffins filled by that brief Terror which we have all been so diligently taught to shiver at and mourn over; but all France could hardly contain the coffins filled by that older and real Terror—that unspeakably bitter and awful Terror which none of us has been taught to see in its vastness or pity as it deserves.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

22 Eargesplitten posted:

lmao

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

wanna be that muthafuck asking for decorum in a cspam thread

guys, guys... killing rich people is just uncivil!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

22 Eargesplitten posted:

lmao

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
instead of the terror being a surprise we should just codify that the people who carry out the revolution are then sentenced to death in turn

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
sign me the gently caress up.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

jfood posted:

wanna be that muthafuck asking for decorum in a cspam thread

guys, guys... killing rich people is just uncivil!

Show me where I said anything about that? Pretty sure I said that institutionalized witch hunts and murdering pacifists for being landowning farmers is bad.

p sure Twain wasn’t saying that the short Terror was good just because the long one was bad.

22 Eargesplitten has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Dec 14, 2018

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Show me where I said anything about that? Pretty sure I said that institutionalized witch hunts and murdering pacifists for being landowning farmers is bad.

see at first I thought your folks were only mistaken for kulaks

this is even funnier

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Mennonite

Go to the WW1 section. gonna kill the hell out of those decadent Amish after the revolution.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Muscle Wizard posted:

sign me the gently caress up.

the Matt Christman school of revolution

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

p sure Twain wasn’t saying that the short Terror was good just because the long one was bad.

you can’t be a pacifist landowner

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

see at first I thought your folks were only mistaken for kulaks

this is even funnier

[in the voice of norm macdonald] holodomor.... snrk ha ha ha ha ha

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Like I seriously have a hard time telling what in this thread is FYAD-lite irony and what is people earnestly advocating for basically killing the Amish.

22 Eargesplitten has issued a correction as of 04:32 on Dec 14, 2018

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pirate Radar posted:

the Matt Christman school of revolution

https://youtu.be/UfcemNhlqyA

yeah fair nuff

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

haha because property is robbery is violence hahahahahahahahahafart.

private property is a system of violence and it is enforced and continued by violence, at best you can outsource your violence to others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its extremely unfair that the kulak propaganda still persists but homosexuality being a counterrevolutionary fascist conspiracy doesnt even get the time of day anymore