Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
gently caress this gay Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So nick outed himself as a liar to everyone and flushed his idol. I’m dying

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Was Nick fooled by Davie or did he panic?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

David’s blow two idols and lose a player all at once. Goliaths taking over.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Well then

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol even the jury was sad to see Christian go

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

David’s blow two idols and lose a player all at once. Goliaths taking over.

Davie’s wasn’t really blown. It was the only night it could be played

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Say hello to the worst possible ending everyone! It's coming, and there's pretty much no stopping it!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am Team Cruel Psychopath.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Did everyone turn against Christian and Davie and vote split on them? Seems like it...

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That was an anticlimactic ending to Christian's story but now I have no idea who's winning, so that's that on that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would be happy with either David winning, do not want any Goliath to win.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If Davie doesn't win this will be a real bad ending to an otherwise good season

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Did Nick drop his threat level below Alison’s by playing an idol and getting zero votes?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I would have felt a lot better about Christian going had they aired even two seconds of him trying to find an idol again after burning his last week. His end talk about respecting himself more as a threat did feel more genuine than the similar talk others gave to save face and feel better about their own eviction.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It feels all but certain that it will be 3 goliaths left at the end

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

It feels all but certain that it will be 3 goliaths left at the end

If it is, then it's Christians fault because he wanted to take out Carl one tribal too soon.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

TMMadman posted:

If it is, then it's Christians Gabby's fault because she wanted to take out Carl one tribal too soon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not really sure how we got to a place where Nick, Kara, and Angelina voted out Christian. Like, the gently caress? Mike wanted Christian gone and Nick wanted Davie gone but Mike voted out Davie and Nick voted out Christian?

This cast is amazingly terribadawesome.

At least Davie seemed to really seem on. Not being fooled by Nick's stupid idol stunt, identifying him as a massive problem, rounding up votes, playing the reward to keep close, making the right decision with the idol gambit. I don't think it was really the right idea to go "I wanted Nick out because he lied to be and he's a threat, but he admitted he lied to me so now we're good" but at least he seemed to actually effectively switch the votes away from Nick even if I have no idea how they landed where they did.

Definitely feels like Mike and Angelina are locks for F4. Alison and Kara seem a little iffier but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an all Goliath F4. Definitely the weakest ending possible and would justify why the hype was down on things. Great season but everyone interesting is Zeking themselves out of the game.

Gabby made the right call there. If she let Carl vote out Allison then she wouldn't have had the allies left to make a charge at the David guys. Christian's is more debatable but I don't think we can point to one David decision for their downfall. They all imploded. Carl got too power mad, Christian jumped too quick, Gabby got too hungry, and Nick's just a mess. Davie's the only David I can't directly point to a mistake with over the last few weeks.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 13, 2018

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It just sucks that we got so many players with full, rounded, warts-and-all portrayals when we're pretty much destined for an "And I was there also!" winner.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kara Wins!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Oh yeah, I guess it was Gabby who really pushed for Carl. I don't always pay attention :420:.

Either way, Christian went along with it and I feel like he whipped voted for it too.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
drat disappointing episode. Both for Christian getting knocked out, and them not getting the challenge up to four balls. Guess I'm rooting for Davey? Can all six post on Instagram tomorrow?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

drat disappointing episode. Both for Christian getting knocked out, and them not getting the challenge up to four balls. Guess I'm rooting for Davey? Can all six post on Instagram tomorrow?

The challenge is only made for 3 balls. Like it has always been when they run the challenge. There is a reason they only have 3 balls at the start of the challenge (1 on the board, 2 by their side)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Gabby pushed it but Christian seemed all in from the start and arguably got the ball rolling by telling Gabby (but I don't think he could/should have ever really lied to her about it as Carl, Nick, and Davie wanted).

And while I think Gabby was totally right to make that move at that moment when she was both being iced out by the majority but losing one of her only allies Christian was in an arguably better position so he had more options. Personally I think the majority would have turned on him next and the fact that they were dictating the Gabby blindside to him was a fair warning to him about that. And believing he could have made the move a week later seems to suggest he could have gotten Nick or Davie (or Angelina?) on board which seems questionable. But its definitely a less clear position of desperation than Gabby was in.

The real mistake was the two of them weren't on the same page and Christian wanted to float after it while Gabby wanted to make the power move. And neither seemed like the right call.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The challenge is only made for 3 balls. Like it has always been when they run the challenge. There is a reason they only have 3 balls at the start of the challenge (1 on the board, 2 by their side)

I wanted to make a Zybourne clock joke tonight, nuts to all these testicle jokes.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
So there must have been a vote-split between Christian and Davie, right?

I'm just getting myself mentally prepared for the jury having Ben Driebergen Syndrome and crowning Allison winner after making it through with an inflated threat perception. Its really hard to see Davie surviving until the end. Maybe Nick weasels his way through, but his game feels like its deteriorating.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Nick's been kind of falling apart and wasting his idol feels like a fatal mistake. That could have been the key thing that saved him in the right place at the right time but barring an immunity run I don't see how he and Davie don't get taken out. The Goliaths would have to counter-counter implode to blow this.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I'm willing to put Robot Spine Money $35 on this.

:toxx: If Christian wins, I will buy :blindside: :toxx:

Bummer.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm assuming that Mike and Nick formed a split vote against Christian and Davie, who were the only two to keep to the Alison vote. That way, you get out Christian, and if he plays an idol, then it's 2-2 between Davie and Alison. I doubt Mike would have left Angelina and Kara out of the loop there.

It doesn't feel like Nick's best night, but I also think this episode really hurt Angelina too. She's becoming and more transparent and she needs to execute some actual votes that she can point to, since her last actual vote plan was Jeremy and nobody cares about a pre merge boot. I used to think that she can beat Mike, but I don't think so anymore. I don't think she even has any really tight bonds right now, other than maybe Mike.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Nick's been kind of falling apart and wasting his idol feels like a fatal mistake. That could have been the key thing that saved him in the right place at the right time but barring an immunity run I don't see how he and Davie don't get taken out. The Goliaths would have to counter-counter implode to blow this.

I think the Goliaths have a loose unity in the 'let's not sit next to a David' current, but between Mike's bond with Nick and Alison continuously highlighting her own perceived threat level, I can very easily see Mike blowing up the Goliath alliance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mike also said to Nick tonight that he isn't scared of Allison winning, so it would seem really, really dumb for him to implode the Goliaths and give Nick a chance to get to the end. Mike's best chance of winning clearly is with Angelina and one of Allison/Kara at the end.

But players have been imploding and making sabotaging moves all season so who knows?

Although I'm still not used to the new pacing so I guess there's only 2 votes left so if one of Nick and Davie can win that F5 immunity then they'll get a chance at fire making. And I guess there's always the possibility for another idol since those two seem to be the only ones looking.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Is it standard for the last boots to be every day from day 35 on? I noticed they had the standard 3 days before the elimination being on 35. Or is that every time?

I think Christian and Gabby should have waited one more round to bounce Carl. They took their shot too early and the group just imploded.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah, TCs start getting more frequent towards the end. Especially in 20 player seasons. There's almost no rewards in the final days unless they're a 'your reward is an advantage in the final challenge' type deals.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
I can't believe people thought of Christian as a mastermind, it's like I said before he blew it when he got rid of Carl.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think what went wrong for the Davids is that when they came back from being in the minority they took out all of the Goliaths major players and in the process turned themselves into threats so as soon as they were back even they self-imploded. I don't see that happening if there was still an Alec or a Jon in the game to rally against.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Reminder that Carl became a bossy prick who iced out one of his main "allies" before a crucial vote and expected her closest friend in the game to be cool with it. He was a goner.

The other nail in the coffin was Gabby going for Christian one TC too soon.

Rarity posted:

I think what went wrong for the Davids is that when they came back from being in the minority they took out all of the Goliaths major players and in the process turned themselves into threats so as soon as they were back even they self-imploded. I don't see that happening if there was still an Alec or a Jon in the game to rally against.

Jon and Alec were both necessary boots before the Davids could ensure a majority. Or did you mean "David major players"? Because I would agree more with that. Overall I'd like to see the big threats working together longer a la Dom & Wendell instead of Zeke'ing the season into a Kara/Angelina/Allison final 3.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 13, 2018

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Good lord did Nick destroy his game this episode.

No idea why either him or Davie strayed from that final 4 with Angelina and Mike. You give yourself a 50/50 immunity or a firemaking challenge away from winning the whole thing. Davie's likely winning if he makes FTC but his chances of getting there now seem a lot worse.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I liked that scene with Davie and all the voice overs of the different decisions he was thinking about in regards to risking his vote. Some of the editing stuff they do has been pretty good.

Bit of a down buzz ending though. Lets just hope production can pave the way for a Davie win.

Also kind of interesting that Mike might not have made a play if he didn't have immunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

told y'all