Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Oh and khan is taking medication for manic depressive disorder but based on his symptoms (specifically the time frame) he is more likely to have borderline

thanks to your post i finally realized something thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The one where he barks at Bobby to get to the living room and Bobby just turns like a puppet possessed by masters vapors

Then he immediately does the same to Peggy Lmao

Which episode is that

FuhrerHat posted:

thanks to your post i finally realized something thanks

What did you realize.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 10, 2018

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hihohe posted:

There were no rats. It was Chuck Mangione

Show is ancient, yes, but when someone mentions they haven't seen an amazing episode, immediately spoiling it is kind of a dingus thing to do.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Hank: “Councilman Fred Everett owes me one, you know. I voted for him. :smug:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which episode is that

I’m p sure it’s the episode where Hank has his gender swapped at the DPS

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i have a pokemon named Ray'or'Jay and thats as close as ill come

"Yeah, why's it funny?"

"HAHAHA Well..WELL B...bobby..."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Top Hats Monthly posted:

"Yeah, why's it funny?"

"HAHAHA Well..WELL B...bobby..."

Doesn't Dale answer 'Because you just doesn't!' when he's asked why you can't call him Johnson?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Oh and khan is taking medication for manic depressive disorder but based on his symptoms (specifically the time frame) he is more likely to have borderline

he is taking it for bipolar disorder which can involve a manic and depressive cycle but obviously its not as exaggerated as his was. If they wanted to play it straight he would always be in the depressive cycle because the most common thing mood stabiliziers do is to smother your emotions. thats why people say they feel like a zombie on them.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

Doppelganger posted:

I’ve played “The Boy Ain’t Right” to the tune of “The Heat Is On” in my head since like the first or second season.

:same:, except for me the tune is "The Boy Is Mine".

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

The talk about the mega-lo mart explosion reminded me of this excellent video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoTiHLqhXGk

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Doot, doot, Beverly Hills cop
Axel foley’s gonna get those drugggs!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I figured it impossible but I saw a new episode and probably the last one I haven't seen and I really wish I hadn't.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

snergle posted:

he is taking it for bipolar disorder which can involve a manic and depressive cycle but obviously its not as exaggerated as his was. If they wanted to play it straight he would always be in the depressive cycle because the most common thing mood stabiliziers do is to smother your emotions. thats why people say they feel like a zombie on them.

It showed him off his medication and he was swinging between manic and depressive episodes multiple times a day, which doesn’t happen with bipolar but absolutely does occur with borderline

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

namlosh posted:

Axel foley’s gonna get those drugggs!

Great reference but it's Bev, Bev :spergin:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

It showed him off his medication and he was swinging between manic and depressive episodes multiple times a day, which doesn’t happen with bipolar but absolutely does occur with borderline

Depends on the type of bipolar and how ill you are in that moment.

It's a loving poo poo episode. You shouldn't glean medical junk from it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mr.Tophat posted:

I can't hate anything that birthed "Sadness cover me like blanket. Tuck me in. Let me die."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

shame on an IGA posted:

I can't hate anything that birthed "Sadness cover me like blanket. Tuck me in. Let me die."

It good line.

Anyway, I had never seen the ep where bobby gets good at home ec poo poo. That episode was good. But I should have stopped there, because I watched the one where bill gets involved with Reverand Struppe (I mentioned it a few posts ago). What a piece of poo poo. Nobody comes across good in it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just learned that a Gribble is a type of bug:

https://www.popsci.com/gribble-wood-cleaner-biofuels

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've seen the Winklebottom episode a few times now, but I never caught the end to the Joeseph on a minibike storyline until now. He's seen limping on crutches with a broken foot in the background when Hank returns with the new garden gnome.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Great reference but it's Bev, Bev :spergin:

You’re totally right!

I was conflating:
“She blinded me, with science!!!! doot doot doot”

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I always loved in the shooting competition episode how Hank is reflecting on his hesitation and how maybe it had something to do with a bad childhood memory of his dad yelling at him. Then before he could finish, the weird coach/athlete therapist cuts him off with "We don't have time, think of rainbows" or something to that effect.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wicker Man posted:

I always loved in the shooting competition episode how Hank is reflecting on his hesitation and how maybe it had something to do with a bad childhood memory of his dad yelling at him. Then before he could finish, the weird coach/athlete therapist cuts him off with "We don't have time, think of rainbows" or something to that effect.

Wallace shawn. God, this show did guest voices right. Even in the good years simpsons wasn't great at it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Mr.Tophat posted:

Yeah, bipolar 2 can be like that sometimes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wallace shawn. God, this show did guest voices right. Even in the good years simpsons wasn't great at it.

Yeah. I've been keeping better attention to note the one time characters. I'm often shocked to find out who voice them.

And the people who guest star as themselves make sense in the context of the setting. They're usually local-ish athletes and country musicians. It's way more natural than when the guy who makes crossword puzzles for the New York Times or whatever hangs out at the Simpson house for no reason.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
This is Tony Danza; you've got 8 minutes left

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

was it multiple times a day? i thought he was manic for like 1 day helping hank make the grill then went on a 3day depressive phase. im not familiar w/ borderline but daily swaps is about bipolar.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

snack eater posted:

TIM WU HATES COCA COLA

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

snack eater posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, I haven't thought of this gag in years, but I remember loving it. Was it KotH, or Simpsons? I'm assuming KotH.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, I haven't thought of this gag in years, but I remember loving it. Was it KotH, or Simpsons? I'm assuming KotH.

KotH. Bobby had a Tony Danza phone card.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sometimes I wish Koth was still running instead of Simpsons' infinite regression into bad southpark.

Cause I want more. Then I think of Magachud Dale that would exist. And I just cant.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Sometimes I wish Koth was still running instead of Simpsons' infinite regression into bad southpark.

Cause I want more. Then I think of Magachud Dale that would exist. And I just cant.

Yeah, the harmless conspiracy gun-nut is a problematic idea now. But it's okay because this show had the taste to end!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

JFK conspiracy theories just seem so quaint these days.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I skipped the last season in a recent rewatch, too many straight misses and the rest is just passable.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I actually only watch the first season on re-watches now. Everything else is derivative trash.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I only watch the pilot. I prefer the characters roughly defined, by the last scene the magic is gone.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
The whole pilot? Pfft.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

If you're skipping any Lucky episode stop watching now, cause you don't deserve koth.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I only watch the scene where Luanne is waterskiing :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I only watch the pilot. I prefer the characters roughly defined, by the last scene the magic is gone.

The magic ends by the time the cold open's done, what a great intro for a show.