Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I like BFV. It's fun, and even more fun with goons. Remember, always revive your buddies *after* you kill the bad guys, AND THEN GET BACK TO WORK!

Also, I like this way more than BF1 and I hope the ttk increase doesn't ruin the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jebus, you gonna get on?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
So far the TTK increase isn't too huge of a deal for most weapons. Basically if the weapon fires faster than ~400rpm you won't notice much difference. Where you will notice it however is the slower firing smgs and especially the self loading rifles (recon semi autos). They all now take 3 bullets to kill at minimum without an increase in rate of fire.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Are the ttk chsnges live?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I read the battlefield reddit because I hate myself

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Oh hey, I just realized this thread title changed to reflect the new Battlefield game, and that there was in fact a new Battlefield game out! Is battlegoons still the active group on PS4? I'll probably pick this up over the holidays.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Good battlefielding tonoght.

I think we have to come up with a better way to organize larger groups. Very cool problem to have. I'm glad so many butt goons were getting on.

Sorry I had to bail suddenly.

My wife's Switch broke, and I had to help her with that.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Not a huge fan of the TTK changes. I die in one frame to SMGs enough that I pretty much have to guess that when someone's shooting near me, that's actually me already getting hit and invariably when I get up to run off I suddenly drop dead, and sometimes when I don't immediately die I still get poo poo for feedback. On the other end of it I frequently find myself pumping fuckers full of lead and still not getting a kill. TTD fuckery is where it's at. As for TTK, think I might briefly go back to BF4 for a match or three to see how its damage models compare.

Also I revived a ton of green fuckers playing as a not-medic and got credit for 0 squad revives for that assignment.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 13, 2018

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Good battlefielding tonoght.

I think we have to come up with a better way to organize larger groups. Very cool problem to have. I'm glad so many butt goons were getting on.

Sorry I had to bail suddenly.

My wife's Switch broke, and I had to help her with that.

Glad I could finally get on with you guys, had a blast. My internet went out but looking forward to some
more goon games

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
got stuck in a loading loop but was fun to catch up for This Old Bunker. I'm Battlebob Vila.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Am I insane or did there used to be a way to set the ps4 to download stuff in rest mode, then turn off when it was done installing? I set it last night to download the new update and it's still in rest mode 24+ hours later.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

red19fire posted:

Am I insane or did there used to be a way to set the ps4 to download stuff in rest mode, then turn off when it was done installing? I set it last night to download the new update and it's still in rest mode 24+ hours later.

I don’t think that was ever a thing but I’m not sure. There’s no reason you can’t leave your PS4 in rest mode 24/7 though. That’s what I’ve done since launch.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tei posted:

Videogames are fine. Clown politics by corporations is just noise. They are using identity politics to make a profit, and they do it in a clumsy way, helping nobody.

there is no such thing as ethical gaming under capitalism

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Friar Zucchini posted:

Not a huge fan of the TTK changes. I die in one frame to SMGs enough that I pretty much have to guess that when someone's shooting near me, that's actually me already getting hit and invariably when I get up to run off I suddenly drop dead, and sometimes when I don't immediately die I still get poo poo for feedback. On the other end of it I frequently find myself pumping fuckers full of lead and still not getting a kill. TTD fuckery is where it's at. As for TTK, think I might briefly go back to BF4 for a match or three to see how its damage models compare.

Also I revived a ton of green fuckers playing as a not-medic and got credit for 0 squad revives for that assignment.

It absolutely makes zero sense to increase the TTK when they have already said TTD may be bugged and I'd say TTD is the problem, TTK never was. No idea what they were thinking here, especially since they said the change was due to "passive" players aka people that don't care about the game.

And it's not "not-medic," right? Isn't it specifically as Assault?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

GoGoGadget posted:

It absolutely makes zero sense to increase the TTK when they have already said TTD may be bugged and I'd say TTD is the problem, TTK never was. No idea what they were thinking here, especially since they said the change was due to "passive" players aka people that don't care about the game.

I did the assignment as a support. I've noticed a lot of those assignments bug out.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

lambskin posted:

So far the TTK increase isn't too huge of a deal for most weapons. Basically if the weapon fires faster than ~400rpm you won't notice much difference. Where you will notice it however is the slower firing smgs and especially the self loading rifles (recon semi autos). They all now take 3 bullets to kill at minimum without an increase in rate of fire.

Yeah playing tonight I only noticed a difference at longer ranges at least for Assault weapons. Didn't get a chance to try SMGs yet but I've been sticking with the Thompson so it shouldn't feel too drastic.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
BFV is better than BF1. That's about all I can say about it that's positive at this point.

I think if they give armor a little more love RE: splash damage, and maybe a little more speed, it will be in a good spot. Still not as fun as pre-BF1 vehicles, but at least better playable. The panzerfaust spam is a lot less pronounced now, so that's helpful.

Their stupid decision to continue to let people choose whatever vehicle they want (instead of what makes for a better map experience) means more people choose vehicles instead of going as infantry if their favorite is taken. Add to that, there are no longer cappable points that deliver extra armor. All the points are the same, there's no need to frantically try to recover a point when you suddenly get backcapped and armor spawns behind your lines.

And the stupid "repair inside your tank" mechanic needs to die. It sucks all of the fun out of fighting vehicles. No one gets out of their tank anymore. There are no more frantic battles to destroy a captured tank, no running battles to escape with armor you captured yourself. It just robs the game of a level of fun that BF1943 had no trouble including.

I used to bitch at pubbies for not dying in their tanks and letting them get captured, but looking back man did I have a lot of fun trying to recover that stolen armor.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sorry but stealing tanks was just too miserable to be allowed to continue and I’m glad it’s gone

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Always go down with your tank.

ALWAYS.

Now and forever.

Also, yeah, tanks desperately need more splash damage. The other day I shot at some dude’s feet with a tank round from the Valentine and it only took 40% health away from him.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I would just add another tank to any map that already have one. I am never being able to pick tanks in this version. And maybe make the other vehicles a spawnpoint, if you want to spawn in a car.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t think that was ever a thing but I’m not sure. There’s no reason you can’t leave your PS4 in rest mode 24/7 though. That’s what I’ve done since launch.

The math is also like it costs you less than two dollars a year to keep the ps4 in rest mode than having it off the entire time.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

sorry but stealing tanks was just too miserable to be allowed to continue and I’m glad it’s gone

Stealing abandoned vehicles from pubbies and punishing their entire team for it is a BF-tradition and I miss it. Of course balanced out by idiots on your own team doing the same; nothing a good jihad jeep/atv can't solve though. I've done it a few times in BF V but in general its tougher due to the entering animations, short vehicle life span, and pubbies not even bothering to use the tanks.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

GoGoGadget posted:

It's obvious they have no idea how to fix TTD. Everyone was telling them TTK was fine and constant insta-death was the real problem.

The higher TTK won't really fix the problem with the TTD because they are still stacking too much damage into too few frames so even if it takes longer from the attackers perspective to get a kill, from the targets perspective the incoming damage is still all happening in a couple of frames.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't see a problem with the TTK. I see a problem with the destruction of buildings. Since buildings can't be destroyed has much has before, you have people camping inside them. If you go to hunt them, you odds are bad. Explosions or fire or anything are bad at getting these people killed.

From my limited time playing medic, I feel theres a risk to repeat the BF4 metro map, where players would farm points and get killed and revived a hundred of times. Sometimes is okay if everybody in a room dies.

But ... obviusly I want a different type of game. And maybe what would be fun to me, would be unfun to other people. I for once would give people more grenades. I know some people would not like that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Add to that, there are no longer cappable points that deliver extra armor. All the points are the same, there's no need to frantically try to recover a point when you suddenly get backcapped and armor spawns behind your lines.

I’ll admit that I almost never touch conquest, but based purely on Grand Operations there are at least a few that do. D (And I think C?) on Hamada spawns an extra tank and can totally change how the fight goes over that whole A/B side of the bridge there, particularly over B with the tank repair/reload station. On Fjell, Objective C spawns an extra aircraft, although that’s not nearly as impactful given the layout of that map and how most air battles play out.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't really notice issues with TTK and TTD.

Get rid of inside repair for vehicles. Increase splash damage, increase speed. That seems like a fair trade.

Oh and throw like 1 more tank per side on each map.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vehicle repair is like any other mechanic. It can be good if is correctly delivered.

While a vehicle is repairing, can't move and is a easy target. It need to produce some sound effect, so attackers know "now is the moment to attack".

Beastie posted:

I don't really notice issues with TTK and TTD.

Get rid of inside repair for vehicles. Increase splash damage, increase speed. That seems like a fair trade.

Oh and throw like 1 more tank per side on each map.

You want 1vs1 tank battles? that don't sound very fun or epic for the tank drivers. And BF is a "mixed armies" game, where you combine infantry, mechanic cavalry , ships and planes. Is what ake BF cool.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 13, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

No, I was just echoing the above statement that each map needs 1 more tank per side. Or make more points that offer an armored spawn when capped.

Come to think of it, how many times have you guys actually seen a support person behind a tank? Hell, even I just did it for like the first time. Repair for support is almost not existent.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Beastie posted:

No, I was just echoing the above statement that each map needs 1 more tank per side. Or make more points that offer an armored spawn when capped.

Come to think of it, how many times have you guys actually seen a support person behind a tank? Hell, even I just did it for like the first time. Repair for support is almost not existent.

Oh, ok.

I already mentioned in my original post that the BF that is fun for me may not be fun for other people.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Honestly more than bf1 for sure. It's nice that supports are able to repair vehicles without having to sacrifice a gadget slot.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

lambskin posted:

Honestly more than bf1 for sure. It's nice that supports are able to repair vehicles without having to sacrifice a gadget slot.

I really like this. It would be nice if there was 1 more tank per side. I think the amount of aircraft is spot on, as a bomber and his fighter buddies can really wreck an opposing team if the fighters are decent and the bomber knows where to drop their loads. I think they nerfed the Ju-88 *just enough* (ok, maybe a bit much), but I don't like that I can't have the 50 pounders and the 1000 pounders in the same build. The 500 pound bombs are just weak enough that you pretty much require a direct hit on armor to do anything.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't see the problem on old BFs. You would have a tool that can repair vehicles, but get you very exposed while you do so. And you could (hilarious) use the same tool to damage enemy vehicles. Or more hilarious, to kill some players, like snipers.

Instead we get... what?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

If tankers were forced to get out of their tanks to repair they'd just get killed while stuck in the exiting animation. Tanks are already quite fragile and hard to maneuver as is.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
does the bfv repair/build tool cause damage to enemies

if not i want NO PART OF IT

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

lambskin posted:

If tankers were forced to get out of their tanks to repair they'd just get killed while stuck in the exiting animation. Tanks are already quite fragile and hard to maneuver as is.

They dont need to repair in a exposed area, they can retreat to a safe place to repair. And theres 64 players on the server, somebody else can repair you tank, like healers dont just heal themselves.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

does the bfv repair/build tool cause damage to enemies

if not i want NO PART OF IT

Thats actually a good question. We should squad up tonight with 4 Support and go in search of enemy armor. We can all just jump on top of their tank and slowly destroy it with our torches.

Edit: or stand around not hurting it at all before some rear end in a top hat with a sniper rifle kills us from 500 meters away.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Tei posted:

They dont need to repair in a exposed area, they can retreat to a safe place to repair. And theres 64 players on the server, somebody else can repair you tank, like healers dont just heal themselves.

Healers do heal themselves in this game though? :thunk:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

“Just”

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

RCarr posted:

“Just”

Yeah guess my reading comprehension isn't that good today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

El Jebus posted:

I really like this. It would be nice if there was 1 more tank per side. I think the amount of aircraft is spot on, as a bomber and his fighter buddies can really wreck an opposing team if the fighters are decent and the bomber knows where to drop their loads. I think they nerfed the Ju-88 *just enough* (ok, maybe a bit much), but I don't like that I can't have the 50 pounders and the 1000 pounders in the same build. The 500 pound bombs are just weak enough that you pretty much require a direct hit on armor to do anything.

fly the Stuka, you get both 50 and 1k bombs