Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
He talked about his daughters

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
His not bad looking daughters

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
and what do you call your act?

The Prime Minister for Women!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Bible corner: I assume the ban on "blasphemous boats" is because probably everyone wanted to call their ship HMS Leviathan back in the day, because that rules, but he's a bad guy in the bible, specifically for how cool he is

And Pippy Rudds probably wants to call a boat Leviathan

But now I can finally christen S(atan's).S(chooner).

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 13, 2018

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

and what do you call your act?

The Prime Minister for Women!

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

The Peccadillo posted:

Bible corner: I assume the ban on "blasphemous boats" is because probably everyone wanted to call their ship HMS Leviathan back in the day, because that rules, but he's a bad guy in the bible, specifically for how cool he is

And Pippy Rudds probably wants to call a boat Leviathan

But now I can finally christen S(atan's).S(chooner).

Perhaps not necessarily. Rahab is another name for Leviathan. Rahab the prostitute was a woman specifically pointed to in James 2 as living out faith when she helped the Israelite spies escape from Jericho. Very sailor-y name for a ship I think. Leviathan the sex worker, any port in a storm?

(There is a better description of the Leviathan in Job 41.)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

asio posted:

Perhaps not necessarily. Rahab is another name for Leviathan. Rahab the prostitute was a woman specifically pointed to in James 2 as living out faith when she helped the Israelite spies escape from Jericho. Very sailor-y name for a ship I think. Leviathan the sex worker, any port in a storm?

(There is a better description of the Leviathan in Job 41.)

That's the Oxford scholistic notes for Job 41 concerning Leviathan

Jordan Peterson fighting off tears voice: is there a dif-difference between bible dragons and the v-v-v-vagina of [ghasp] ruh ruh ruh Rahab?

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 13, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Gonna buy a tinnie and name it Jesus' Steamin' Taint

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Boy, I'd sure hate to be a country mocked like this...

https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/status/1072514954832564224

Oh. :saddowns:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

wikipedia posted:

George Pell AC (born 8 June 1941) is an Australian prelate of the Catholic Church and convicted sex offender.

Well that wont take long to get around,

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
It was pretty funny on the news tonight watching them basically say "George Pell has been stripped of his position. Anyway..."

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkOHDoEkPW0

Tim Minchin appreciation station

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian Au posted:

The Morrison government has sent a clear signal that it is prepared to provide taxpayer support for both new and existing coal plants, opening registrations of interest in its controversial new power generation underwriting program.

With the government accelerating to cover off major announcements before the Christmas break, the energy minister, Angus Taylor, will on Thursday use an event at a hydro power station in Tasmania to outline the terms of the new program and urge proponents to get their bids in over the summer break – before 23 January.
<snip>

The criteria makes it clear that the program is technology neutral but it also specifies that generation projects will need to be coal, gas, batteries or pumped hydro to be eligible for the government underwriting.

They're extremely determined to poo poo the bed before they get voted out.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...e-inquiry-video

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=39866

quote:

Cardinal George Pell, who has been away from Rome for months, on a leave of absence from his role as prefect of the Secretariat for the Economy, while facing criminal charges in his native Australia. Cardinal Pell has repeatedly and adamantly insisted that he is innocent of the charges. The Vatican had indicated that Pope Francis would not take action until the Australian court case had run its course. The announcement that Cardinal Pell has been removed from the body lends credence to unconfirmed reports that Cardinal Pell has been found guilty after a secret trial.

straight into my veins

also, if you google "prelate" the #1 news result is that article.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Memento posted:

https://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=39866

straight into my veins

also, if you google "prelate" the #1 news result is that article.

They mentioned in the deadspin article a few pages back that it's a matter of course for senior vatican officials to tender their resignation at seventy five years old (of which all of them are pushing, and they claim Pell did) citing old age preventing them from enacting their duties, which the Holy See retains without accepting

Presumably so in cases like this where they want to drop a guy, they can just say "His Holy Father regrets to accept the resignation of So And So citing reasons of elderliness, and no other reasons"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Ain't Il Papa's business, I'm the cute Argentinian guy who wears humble hats

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Holy poo poo. I'm Poseidon.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

JBP posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm Poseidon.

Better, it's Nuclear Warfare Goals Diarrhea Jesus

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resurrection_(Fazzini)

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 13, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

Ain't Il Papa's business, I'm the cute Argentinian guy who wears humble hats

:krakken: RELEASE THE KRAKEN :krakken:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I read an article at a less balanced site suggesting that the Holy See left Pell hanging in the wind, where they've protected so many others facing the same accusations, because he was doing too good a job at uncovering corruption in his review of the church finances.

Article wasn't suggesting he was innocent, just that it was hardly coincidental he was the first major one they didn't try to save.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NTRabbit posted:

I read an article at a less balanced site suggesting that the Holy See left Pell hanging in the wind, where they've protected so many others facing the same accusations, because he was doing too good a job at uncovering corruption in his review of the church finances.

Article wasn't suggesting he was innocent, just that it was hardly coincidental he was the first major one they didn't try to save.

Dudes skimming off the top of the Catholic Church's finances letting a pedophile go to the would sit OK with me, except for the fact that they're probably either pedos or pedo-enablers themselves.

I think the best solution would be to take all the gold and property of the catholic church, sell it, and use the funds to house, clothe, feed and educate the poor.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

The Vatican bank is controlled by launderers not only within the church but mafia and the insanely corrupt italian political class, they removed the literal pope about his concern for his coffers' purpose, and Frances's administration used the vacuum to promotionally relocate cardinals such as Pell

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Memento posted:

Dudes skimming off the top of the Catholic Church's finances letting a pedophile go to the would sit OK with me, except for the fact that they're probably either pedos or pedo-enablers themselves.

I think the best solution would be to take all the gold and property of the catholic church, sell it, and use the funds to house, clothe, feed and educate the poor.

How dare you literal hitler or whatever the gently caress that dumbass rockspider loving dickhead from last months thread said

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Drank too much post doesn't read back sensible

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 13, 2018

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

so what you're all saying is that pell is the jeremy buckingham of the vatican

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cardinal George Pell is the Nintendo switch of child molesters

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Cardinal George Pell is the Nintendo switch of child molesters

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

NTRabbit posted:

His legal team is costing north of 12k a day.

It took something like 2 years to get him to come home for the trial.

They absolutely did.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Caption this

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Unlike you progressives I say merry Christmas. Santa will bring me new hair someday.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

looks like a story on the local oncology ward

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I noticed how asymmetrical Peter Dutton is, and thus contribute to the cursed images and also auspol thread.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90GDCQv9FRk

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

hooman posted:

I noticed how asymmetrical Peter Dutton is, and thus contribute to the cursed images and also auspol thread.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Old mate got his poo poo repossessed :laffo:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2058343357762027&id=100007591474923

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

What's the background on this?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Sovereign citizen gets his NAP violated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

Oblivion elf. Oblivion orc.