Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Get the latest mge-xe 10.0.1 and the beta branch of mwse (with lua support) and you can get this whole list of mods. Pluginless, and many with in game configuation menus like youd see in skyrim skse mods.

Glow in the Dahrk is pluginless window glow at night, compatible with everything.

Weapon sheathing is maybe the best mod of the past few years.

Tamrielic lore tooltips adds a description box onto legendary artifacts for ultimate flavor.

Value/Weight Ratios on Tooltips is great if youre a hoarder lol

Poison crafting and frostwind are fully fledged mechanics expansions. The first lets you craft poisons to apply to weapons or arrows, and frostwind is a survival sim lite experience.

Mwse-lua is almost indistinguishable from mwse 1.0. 0 performance hit, able to hook into ui code, uses a real actual language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I forgot how brutal fatigue is in this game, I literally hop over to Gilnith's place and he beats me to the ground with his bare fists.

Quick Magicka question - is it supposed to regenerate or not? Sometimes it seems like it does, other times it's completely static, it's driving me crazy.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It doesn’t. I’d recommend a magicka regen mod, the one I use is called Purist’s Magicka Regen or something

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

zombieman posted:

A replay is calling. Last time I played through I used the complete overhaul thing, but I see that's considered much of an option these days, so I was considering using the following mods:

Morrowind Code Patch
Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds And Graphics
MGE XE
Better Dialogue Font
The Facepack Compilation
Better Bodies
Morrowind Comes Alive
Real Signposts
Graphic Herbalism
Delayed DB Attack V2
Official Mods Compilation

I've played through vanilla enough times to not be bothered by the so-called jank, so is there anything really vital I'm missing here?

The true third expansion pack.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

:stwoon:

Phlegmish posted:

I forgot how brutal fatigue is in this game, I literally hop over to Gilnith's place and he beats me to the ground with his bare fists.

Quick Magicka question - is it supposed to regenerate or not? Sometimes it seems like it does, other times it's completely static, it's driving me crazy.

Magicka regenerates when you sleep. It does not regenerate during normal play, nor while using the Wait function (I think). A note about Fatigue: Your Current Fatigue / Maximum Fatigue ratio gets applied to basically everything you do, with something like a 75% full Fatigue bar giving you no modifiers. If you're at full, you get something like a +25% bonus to everything you're doing that requires a probability roll (e.g. attacking someone, using speechcraft, enchanting an item). When your Fatigue bar is empty, that drops to ... -50%? My point here is that Fatigue is important. My second point is that Fortify Fatigue can give you a bonus success chance to everything you do, because that bonus/malus function isn't really capped. If your normal base maximum Fatigue is 200, but you've fortified and have a current Fatigue of 300, you get some awesome bonus to all your rolls.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phlegmish posted:

It only returns with sleep, or if you have the atronach sign you absorb magicka from enemy spells (but then it doesn't regen from sleeping). Spears also train endurance, so once you have a bit of money you can just pay a trainer, should be relatively cheap if you don't have it as a major or minor skill.

The way unarmed works is it first damages someone's fatigue, once that's zero they fall over and it starts damaging health, so facing someone using it with already drained fatigue basically tucks you.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

One of the things I always did on Morrowind playthroughs is make my own class, as I'm sure everyone else did. Nowadays I find myself either picking a class and just going with it, or doing the questionnaire. Does anyone else do this or does everyone just do custom?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Vavrek posted:

The true third expansion pack.

:stwoon:

Magicka regenerates when you sleep. It does not regenerate during normal play, nor while using the Wait function (I think). A note about Fatigue: Your Current Fatigue / Maximum Fatigue ratio gets applied to basically everything you do, with something like a 75% full Fatigue bar giving you no modifiers. If you're at full, you get something like a +25% bonus to everything you're doing that requires a probability roll (e.g. attacking someone, using speechcraft, enchanting an item). When your Fatigue bar is empty, that drops to ... -50%? My point here is that Fatigue is important. My second point is that Fortify Fatigue can give you a bonus success chance to everything you do, because that bonus/malus function isn't really capped. If your normal base maximum Fatigue is 200, but you've fortified and have a current Fatigue of 300, you get some awesome bonus to all your rolls.

gently caress! I sold all my fortifies! also true nerevarines only sleep for magic. Fast travel counts as rest but doesn't let you dream.

chaosapiant posted:

One of the things I always did on Morrowind playthroughs is make my own class, as I'm sure everyone else did. Nowadays I find myself either picking a class and just going with it, or doing the questionnaire. Does anyone else do this or does everyone just do custom?

Mix. I used to always make my own to make sure I have at least one skill of every attribute, but it doesn't actually matter, just like it doesn't actually matter if you have that +10 luck.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I just pick nightblade most of the time

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Custom class always, usually named Nerevarine because I dont enjoy getting pigeonholed into a role.

Ive got a mwse mod in the works that dynamically changes your class name based on stats or faction rank for ~flavor~

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What mod is that, flavour is v important to me

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poniard posted:

I just pick nightblade most of the time

I think there's some minor modification I do to the class sometimes when I remember, probably just changing the attributes so you start out with more HP and luck, but otherwise it's a great chassis.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just lol if you aren’t making a Skooma Addict custom class

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

chaosapiant posted:

Same, basically. Not doing the questionnaire though.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Would highly recommend the Telvanni set of mods (Uvirith's Legacy, Building Up Uvirith's Legacy, Rise of House Telvanni and LGNPC Tel Uvirith) if you plan on going Telvanni.

I'm currently playing Morrowind Rebirth because I saw it recommended when I started this playthrough 8 months ago and I guess it's sort of divisive but the balancing changes don't bother me much.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

whydirt posted:

I like replicating and using NPC classes like Shipmaster, Bookseller, or Slave.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

Commoner, Dreamer, Pauper.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doc Hawkins posted:

There's a mod for that

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Doc Hawkins posted:

I just started a freed slave game. It's weird but good. You really do start much more physically fit, & I beat the smugglers by the stilt strider to death with my bare hands it was brutal as gently caress.

This is cool but I guess it has dependencies and I already hosed up corpus who knows what the gently caress happens when I try to use that.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

whydirt posted:

caius cosades was the true nerevarine

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I just started a freed slave game. It's weird but good. You really do start much more physically fit, & I beat the smugglers by the stilt strider to death with my bare hands it was brutal as gently caress.

This is cool but I guess it has dependencies and I already hosed up corpus who knows what the gently caress happens when I try to use that.

It only requires tamriel rebuilt which hopefully you already have :colbert:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Soricidus posted:

caius cosades was the true nerevarine

Only while high

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Only while high

will i ever run out of reasons to link this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCLu2yy_dP8

signs point to no

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Get the latest mge-xe 10.0.1 and the beta branch of mwse (with lua support) and you can get this whole list of mods. Pluginless, and many with in game configuation menus like youd see in skyrim skse mods.

Glow in the Dahrk is pluginless window glow at night, compatible with everything.

Weapon sheathing is maybe the best mod of the past few years.

Tamrielic lore tooltips adds a description box onto legendary artifacts for ultimate flavor.

Poison crafting and frostwind are fully fledged mechanics expansions. The first lets you craft poisons to apply to weapons or arrows, and frostwind is a survival sim lite experience.

Mwse-lua is almost indistinguishable from mwse 1.0. 0 performance hit, able to hook into ui code, uses a real actual language.

this thread keeps making my Morrowind Next Playthrough folder get bigger and bigger

also my boner

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Custom class always, usually named Nerevarine because I dont enjoy getting pigeonholed into a role.

Ive got a mwse mod in the works that dynamically changes your class name based on stats or faction rank for ~flavor~

dont leave us hanging

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I want a Tale of Two Wastelands style mod that lets you do a Fallout New Vegas & Morrowind crossover playthrough. Get to work modders!!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm level 16 and I basically haven't done any quests yet, except a few that I came across on the road. I'm tired of being poor, though, it's time for the traditional Sneak cheese by crouching + automoving in the corner of the Balmora pawnbroker and then leaving for two hours. After that I will rob everyone blind

e: my plan is to go on a crime spree every ten- levels of Sneak, using the money to train my weak skills, getting easy attribute points that way. What are the attribute requirements to attain the highest rank in guilds? 60 in two or three of them? All of mine are at least 50 at this point.

e2: checking online the requirements actually appear to be super low, cool

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 15, 2018

ktvrxiii
Oct 14, 2012

ktvrxiii fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 16, 2018

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Quick mechanics question, if a skill is 'governed' by an attribute, does the attribute figure into your rolls? For example, if I have high Intelligence, will I be better at lockpicking (Security)?

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
Does anyone know which mod in MGE-XE handles weapon re-textures and whatnot?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

Quick mechanics question, if a skill is 'governed' by an attribute, does the attribute figure into your rolls? For example, if I have high Intelligence, will I be better at lockpicking (Security)?

Yes. Formulas are on wiki

\/\/\/ Ignore that ambiguous response in lieu of that one \/\/\/

Addamere fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 16, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Phlegmish posted:

not strictly. there are specific attributes that impact your skills, but not necessarily the governing attribute. for example, willpower increases your chance to cast any and all spells, regardless of whether that spell is under a skill that is governed by willpower or not. conversely, afaik, increasing your personality does not help your chances of casting an illusion spell.

for lockpicking specifically, agility increases your success rate, not intelligence. agility is one of the most important attributes anyway so try and get x5's on it every level up if you can.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Doctor Zaius posted:

Does anyone know which mod in MGE-XE handles weapon re-textures and whatnot?

Unless I’m missing something, MGE-XE is just a shader package and direct X wrapper. It has nothing to do with textures. You’d need a separate texture replacer. Darknut’s was the goon favorite for a while, not sure if anything better has come along.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

From the UESP wiki:

quote:

Your chance to successfully unlock something is:

((Security + (Agility/5) + (Luck/10)) * Lockpick multiplier * (0.75 + 0.5 * Current Fatigue/Maximum Fatigue) - Lock Level)%

You would unfortunately have to look up every skill to find their exact mechanics, because as DEEP STATE PLOT points out the governing attribute varies.

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.

chaosapiant posted:

Unless I’m missing something, MGE-XE is just a shader package and direct X wrapper. It has nothing to do with textures. You’d need a separate texture replacer. Darknut’s was the goon favorite for a while, not sure if anything better has come along.

Yeah, nevermind, was confused.
e: Figured it out, was thinking of MGSO

Doctor Zaius fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 16, 2018

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

not strictly. there are specific attributes that impact your skills, but not necessarily the governing attribute. for example, willpower increases your chance to cast any and all spells, regardless of whether that spell is under a skill that is governed by willpower or not. conversely, afaik, increasing your personality does not help your chances of casting an illusion spell.

for lockpicking specifically, agility increases your success rate, not intelligence. agility is one of the most important attributes anyway so try and get x5's on it every level up if you can.

I got you, thanks. I have pretty decent attributes at this point, they're all at least 65 except Luck, but I haven't specifically been paying attention to Agility. Had some min-maxed levels and some unoptimized ones. I was actually getting my rear end kicked by the Dark Brotherhood assassin at one point.

Question for you guys, I only have the Restoration spell school as one of my major/minor skills, which apparently doesn't count to climb the ranks of the Mages Guild. Which school of magic/spell would you recommend spamming for said guild?

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Typically, +5 of the "main" attribute for each equation adds 1% to overall success chance i.e. 100 Agility = +20% dodge chance, 100 Willpower = +20% spell cast chance. These get multiplied by 1.25 because of the fatigue multiplier so are normally 25% bonuses so long as you keep your fatigue at max.

10 luck usually equates to +1% chance.

Alchemy is a weird one as luck and intelligence both give equivalent bonuses at +1% per 10 points.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Phlegmish posted:

Question for you guys, I only have the Restoration spell school as one of my major/minor skills, which apparently doesn't count to climb the ranks of the Mages Guild. Which school of magic/spell would you recommend spamming for said guild?

Destruction and Mysticism are normally used as more "offensive" magic skills. They're normally only worth growing if you're a caster type with the right race and birth signs (or you're willing to make use of lots of restore magicka potions) because spells get quite expensive.

All of the other mages guild skills - Alchemy, Alteration, Enchant, Illusion - are very useful from a utility perspective so pick one and go mad with it. Alchemy can be spammed and grown very quickly through bulk buying ingredients.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Addamere posted:

From the UESP wiki:

quote:

Your chance to successfully unlock something is:

((Security + (Agility/5) + (Luck/10)) * Lockpick multiplier * (0.75 + 0.5 * Current Fatigue/Maximum Fatigue) - Lock Level)%

You would unfortunately have to look up every skill to find their exact mechanics, because as DEEP STATE PLOT points out the governing attribute varies.

This is the thing I was talking about before, but couldn't remember the numbers for. If your normal maximum Fatigue is 100 and you are at 50 Fatigue, your base success chance up there just gets multiplied by 1: no effect. If you're at 0 Fatigue, it's multiplied by 0.75: -25% chance to succeed. At 100 Fatigue, it's multiplied by 1.25: +25% chance to succeed. If you buff Fatigue up to 200, however, the multiplier is 1.75: +75% chance. And it just keeps on going up, giving you an extra .5 multiplier for each full bar of Fatigue you've got. (These percentage modifiers aren't flat changes to your success chance, but alterations to your base chance. So if you have only a 10% chance of success but are well-rested, you're at 12.5%, not 35%.)

So say your Security is 20, Agility is 30, Luck's 40, and you're using an Apprentice lockpick (multiplier 1.0) against a Level 100 lock. Max Fatigue is still 100. Normal chance is -62.5%, or "Lock too complex." Buff your Fatigue up to 1200 and you're 102.5% chance of success, and that massive boost applies to everything else which involves Fatigue (i.e. everything).

Phlegmish posted:

Mysticism's my favorite, because it has a range of neat utility spells (Telekinesis! Teleportation!) and is favored by a wide range of factions (Mages Guild, Tribunal Temple, Imperial Cult, House Telvanni). It's also something you can use offensively, with absorb health/magicka/fatigue spells.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Absorb Health in particular is really useful because if it gets reflected you don’t kill yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thank you all for the advice. It's a tough one, but after looking through the different spell schools, I think I'll focus on Alteration simply because it has Levitate and there are so many annoying mountain passes filled to the brim with cliff racers. Now I just have to find an efficient way to level it.