Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Torrannor posted:

There's a new LP out:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876396

The LP follows a Slavic pagan dynasty in the Balkans, and features thread vote participation, so check this out if you want to help lead the Vlastimirovic family to greatness!

Thanks for the shoutout, I just updated so there's a fresh vote up right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

How the hell do I get people to join my secret Hellenic cult? Making them sympathetic to pagans is easy, but I can't get them to read the drat book I've left them. I've tried it on friends, my wife, other people who have 100 opinion on me, and have been unsuccessful every time. I thought maybe if they were cynical that might help, but it hasn't made a difference so far.

Cynicism is a lack of faith. It's not going to help you recruit someone to a religion.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Jedit posted:

Cynicism is a lack of faith. It's not going to help you recruit someone to a religion.

Yes it does, or should: a cynical character just sees religion as a means to an end, not something to stay loyal to. See e.g. event 39601, which I believe is the one for court chaplains converting people, which makes cynical characters 3x more likely to switch.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

How the hell do I get people to join my secret Hellenic cult? Making them sympathetic to pagans is easy, but I can't get them to read the drat book I've left them. I've tried it on friends, my wife, other people who have 100 opinion on me, and have been unsuccessful every time. I thought maybe if they were cynical that might help, but it hasn't made a difference so far. I've even reloaded upon failing so I could try all of the available options, but nothing seems to matter. Is it just a very low chance, even if they have a maxed out opinion of me? I'd try asking children, but it looks like you can only ask them if they're in your court and I don't have any that are old enough yet anyway.

I thought being a secret pagan would be fun, but not if I'm the only one in the club.

It's not very fun because it's even more spammy than the seduction focus, but it's totally doable. You want to look at the stats, education and traits of the person you're trying to convince to join, not your own. I think having high diplomacy on your character does help, though. Look at it like a pyramid scheme, but work from the bottom up. Once you get a decent amount of people in it, it'll spread itself.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Jesus, the events to induct your child into a secret faith are also kinda hosed up. If they react poorly to the initial attempt at age 12 (the chances for that look right), you can get a chance to try again at a cost of getting the "out of patience" modifier for a while. Doing so is supposed to force the issue between them adopting the secret faith or becoming a rival, and it displays the chances of each outcome when you pick it. However:

1. The displayed chances aren't what they should be, because it's calculating them from your scope, rather than your kid's, and
2. The actual calculation of what happens ends up being just a 50/50 chance, because the "become a rival" outcome is just using an exact copy of the ai_chance block from the "adopt secret faith" outcome instead of what it should be.

I mean, this is crazy. This stuff must have been broken like this since Monks and Mystics was released.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

It's not very fun because it's even more spammy than the seduction focus, but it's totally doable. You want to look at the stats, education and traits of the person you're trying to convince to join, not your own. I think having high diplomacy on your character does help, though. Look at it like a pyramid scheme, but work from the bottom up. Once you get a decent amount of people in it, it'll spread itself.
No, the relevant events for it are quite broken, not functioning as they're supposed to. There's just a baseline level of randomness left that can make people think it's working properly. I fixed it in my game and I can now fairly reliably induct non-zealous people into the cult (with a high-diplomacy character making the right induction arguments).

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 11, 2018

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

CK2 is a pretty great game :allears:

Sometimes you get those characters that'll stick with you.

Like my 71 year old Nestorian King of Sibir, Hero of the Followers of Otso, and quite mad. He made a legendary bloodline for himself by carving a bloody path through China (and Bears) :black101:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 12, 2018

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.

Strudel Man posted:

Jesus, the events to induct your child into a secret faith are also kinda hosed up. If they react poorly to the initial attempt at age 12 (the chances for that look right), you can get a chance to try again at a cost of getting the "out of patience" modifier for a while. Doing so is supposed to force the issue between them adopting the secret faith or becoming a rival, and it displays the chances of each outcome when you pick it. However:

1. The displayed chances aren't what they should be, because it's calculating them from your scope, rather than your kid's, and
2. The actual calculation of what happens ends up being just a 50/50 chance, because the "become a rival" outcome is just using an exact copy of the ai_chance block from the "adopt secret faith" outcome instead of what it should be.

I mean, this is crazy. This stuff must have been broken like this since Monks and Mystics was released.

No, the relevant events for it are quite broken, not functioning as they're supposed to. There's just a baseline level of randomness left that can make people think it's working properly. I fixed it in my game and I can now fairly reliably induct non-zealous people into the cult (with a high-diplomacy character making the right induction arguments).

Is it an easy fix? I gave up on my secret society as I was getting nowhere.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

DeadLetterOfficer posted:

Is it an easy fix? I gave up on my secret society as I was getting nowhere.
The targeted induction decision is a pretty easy fix, yes. Need to change events/mnm_secret_religious_societies_events.txt, line 4631. Currently it's
code:

hidden_effect = { character_event = { id = MNM.3410 days = 12 } }
Just change it to
code:

hidden_effect = { repeat_event = { id = MNM.3410 days = 12 } }

Repeat_event is just like character_event, except it doesn't add a FROM layer, so the FROM scopes in 3410 point to the original inductor instead of the inductee who just bounced an event back to himself. It's called repeat-event because it's normally used to set an event to appear again later when circumstances currently forbid it.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, I try to match up my actions to their traits, but it honestly doesn't seem like there's much of a correlation. And even if I get them to convert to Hellenism there's still a pretty good chance I'll fail to get them to actually join the society. I have a total of 11 other people in the society right now and that's after 15 years. And none of my other members have managed to recruit anyone, although I do see a lot more people who are sympathetic to pagans, so at least they're trying I guess.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
^^^oh hey, thanks Strudel Man

I have literally never managed to convert everyone to a secret religion ever. It is broken as balls.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Joining the actual society after conversion seems to be working "properly," but it's totally dependent on the new member's traits, not your own. Brave people are more likely to join, craven people less, diligent more, content less, et cetera. Still useful to make them secret faith though, as they may voluntarily join later and will attempt to convert their kids at age 12 even if they don't.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

evenworse username posted:

Just got a Crusade called for Croatia, which is already unusual, and I was wondering how a Muslim ruler had ended up there.

But they didn't.

Croatia is under Jewish control.

Because of course it is.

Stranger things have happened. My game has the entire HRE as Shiia. I'm pretty sure that's plenty awkward for all of Europe east of the Pyranees. West of that, I busy uniting Hispania under the Castillian Cathar Empire, so there are bigger problems than worrying about infidels in the middle of Christiandom.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I fired up a game as Dyre the Stranger, raided Crete, and facepalmed as I realized I couldn't dock my 30 ships laden with gold anywhere.

At least I got the Viking trait.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Got an issue I can't understand: as the Byzantines in the 867 start, why aren't I becoming the liege of Bulgaria if I press someone's claims for it? My personal experience and the tooltip indicates I should be, but it's not happening. Is it to do with them controlling land outside of de jure Bulgaria?

I am bad at post

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 13, 2018

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
It looks like there's also supposed to be a Crusader Commander bloodline you can get by having enough positive battle events fire for a given character while fighting in a crusade. But this too appears to be bugged not to work properly. They've got a scripted effect with the following code:

code:
	if = {
		limit = {
			(stuff indicating we're fighting in a crusade)
			NOT = {
				check_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 0 }
			}
		}
		change_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 1 }
	}
	else_if = {
		limit = {
		}
		set_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 1 }
	}

if = {
		limit = {
			check_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 20 }
			NOT = {
				any_owned_bloodline = {
					has_bloodline_flag = battle_survivor_bloodline
					ROOT = {
						is_bloodline_founder_of = PREV
					}
				}
			}
		}
		narrative_event = { id = HF.49021 }
	}
Pretty clearly it's supposed to increment the crusadeCommander counter each time the scripted effect fires, and if it reaches 20, give out the bloodline. (That's done in HF.49021.) Except for some unfathomable reason, it's written in such a way as to only increment the counter if it's currently below 0. So instead of counting up to 20, as I read it, it just sets crusadeCommander to 1 over and over again every time it's called.

It's especially baffling because, at least under my understanding of how the variable code works, there's absolutely no need for the else_if block at all. A previously undeclared variable is treated as having a value of 0, so if you just had it change_variable by 1 when fighting a crusade, it would set the variable to 1 the first time it qualified, and then increment it every time afterward.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 12, 2018

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

It looks like there's also supposed to be a Crusader Commander bloodline you can get by having enough positive battle events fire for a given character while fighting in a crusade. But this too appears to be bugged not to work properly. They've got a scripted effect with the following code:

code:
	if = {
		limit = {
			NOT = {
				check_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 0 }
			}
		}
		change_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 1 }
	}
	else_if = {
		limit = {
		}
		set_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 1 }
	}

if = {
		limit = {
			check_variable = { which = crusadeCommander value = 20 }
			NOT = {
				any_owned_bloodline = {
					has_bloodline_flag = battle_survivor_bloodline
					ROOT = {
						is_bloodline_founder_of = PREV
					}
				}
			}
		}
		narrative_event = { id = HF.49021 }
	}
Pretty clearly it's supposed to increment the crusadeCommander counter each time the scripted effect fires, and if it reaches 20, give out the bloodline. (That's done in HF.49021.) Except for some unfathomable reason, it's written in such a way as to only increment the counter if it's currently below 0. So instead of counting up to 20, as I read it, it just sets crusadeCommander to 1 over and over again every time it's called.

It's especially baffling because, at least under my understanding of how the variable code works, there's absolutely no need for the else_if block at all. A previously undeclared variable is treated as having a value of 0, so if you just had it change_variable by 1 when fighting a crusade, it would set the variable to 1 the first time it qualified, and then increment it every time afterward.

Is that correct? It looks like it says if it's not zero, increment it, else set it to one. If you're right that an uninstantiated variable is zero, it should set it to one then increment it on each subsequent loop since it is no longer zero.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Chalks posted:

Is that correct? It looks like it says if it's not zero, increment it, else set it to one. If you're right that an uninstantiated variable is zero, it should set it to one then increment it on each subsequent loop since it is no longer zero.
Check_variable does a "greater than or equal to" check; checking for an exact value uses is_variable_equal. Maybe that's what they were thinking when they wrote it, though. A very good explanation, in fact.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 12, 2018

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

BBJoey posted:

Got an issue I can't understand: as the Byzantines in the 867 start, why aren't I becoming the liege of Bulgaria if I press someone's claims for it? My personal experience and the tooltip indicates I should be, but it's not happening. Is it to do with them controlling land outside of de jure Bulgaria?

Is the claimant your vassal before you press their claim? You have to land them first.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Does that apply for potential king vassals only? Because I’ve definitely declared claim wars on behalf of courtiers for de jure duckies that have subsequently become my vassals.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Disillusionist posted:

Is the claimant your vassal before you press their claim? You have to land them first.

Bulgaria is a de jure part of the Byzantine Empire, so pressing anybody's claim to the kingdom should in theory make them your vassal.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Jumped back into CK2 after Holy Fury. I am really loving the shattered world set up with holy fury. Reduce everyone to dukes and let the melee fly. It is a fun way to change things up / just have a fresh campaign. With the Charlemagne start It makes reforming pagan faiths much easier and turns the world into an even bigger thunderdome. I just started a new ironman last night as duke of Skane, kinged up in about 10 years and have a firm foothold into both Scandinavia and europe and have control of 4 holy sites for Germanic not including the one in norway. I am toying with the idea of reforming then seeing how long I can manage things as tribal. I really love the "call to arms" tribals have instead of vassal levies and just having my personal army just be on a permanent raid for income as that army can get big as gently caress under tribal and for at least now there are few "major" powers. How long have you guys made it as just tribal?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

It's very weird. I was having the same experience, and I found that the listed AI weights to accept or reject my offer did not seem to match up to the in-game behaviors - I'd get mostly rejections when theoretically I should have been seeing 90 or 95% chance of success. Wasn't able to figure out why, either.

edit: Uh, strike that, I think I may have just figured it out. It looks like the character to be persuaded gets a minor little decision that echoes the major one to themselves - so when the major one checks FROM's traits, they're looking at themself instead of at you. Which would make basically none of the stats you have or choices you make matter.

Of course, fixing that is probably going to make secret cults somewhat nastier to deal with when you're not in one.

Has secret cult induction really been broken this whole time...?

From my delving into the scripted triggers and scripted effects for my Manichean mod, there seems to be some missing scripts for Taoism and some/all flavors of Bon or Hellenic paganism regarding secret religious societies. It's a seemingly endless set of repetitive scripts for every single religion and heresy so I don't particularly blame Paradox for missing a few things to copy/paste, but yeah, that may also tie into your issue.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Allyn posted:

Yes it does, or should: a cynical character just sees religion as a means to an end, not something to stay loyal to. See e.g. event 39601, which I believe is the one for court chaplains converting people, which makes cynical characters 3x more likely to switch.

We don't all read the NPC events, you know.

Anyway: that event is specifically concerning converting a ruler to an open religion anyway, not for regular people converting to a secret cult which will likely get them burned at the stake of caught.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Spiderfist Island posted:

From my delving into the scripted triggers and scripted effects for my Manichean mod, there seems to be some missing scripts for Taoism and some/all flavors of Bon or Hellenic paganism regarding secret religious societies. It's a seemingly endless set of repetitive scripts for every single religion and heresy so I don't particularly blame Paradox for missing a few things to copy/paste, but yeah, that may also tie into your issue.
Hm. Hadn't noticed that - what seemed to be missing, specifically?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
gently caress SATANISTS

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
MAYBE YOU MISERABLE BLACK HOODED JIZZ RAGS WILL STOP GIVING ME CANCER NOW THAT IVE INCINERATED YOU ALL

EAT poo poo

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Coolguye posted:

MAYBE YOU MISERABLE BLACK HOODED JIZZ RAGS WILL STOP GIVING ME CANCER NOW THAT IVE INCINERATED YOU ALL

EAT poo poo
Always more where they came from.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Coolguye posted:

EAT poo poo

When all else fails, I open my heart and put my faith in Satan

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I had a body count over 250 including at least 40 kills in personal combat; built twenty each of cities, castles and temples and still ended up with 25k in the bank; successfully defended one Crusade, won two of my own and had at least three more against me decide that the weather was nicer elsewhere; raided Rome and Constantinople; beat Death at chess; and after a fifty year reign finally died of natural causes in the middle of a battle with well over half as much prestige as every other ruler of my dynasty put together had earned in the previous 200 years. But my descendants will not be remembered as being of my bloodline, because Ragnarr Lodbrok was a nice guy?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jedit posted:

I had a body count over 250 including at least 40 kills in personal combat; built twenty each of cities, castles and temples and still ended up with 25k in the bank; successfully defended one Crusade, won two of my own and had at least three more against me decide that the weather was nicer elsewhere; raided Rome and Constantinople; beat Death at chess; and after a fifty year reign finally died of natural causes in the middle of a battle with well over half as much prestige as every other ruler of my dynasty put together had earned in the previous 200 years. But my descendants will not be remembered as being of my bloodline, because Ragnarr Lodbrok was a nice guy?

Ragnarr Lodbrok must have been really great man to have such successful descendant. :v:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey posted:

Any further thoughts on this? It’s driving me insane

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

BBJoey posted:

Any further thoughts on this? It’s driving me insane

Again, you should become their liege. I can see no reason why you wouldn't.

Can you post a picture of the claimant, a picture of the king of Bulgaria before the war, a picture of the claimant after winning the war, and screenshots from the map before and after you've won the war?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Ragnarr Lodbrok must have been really great man to have such successful descendant. :v:

He wasn't bad, but Sigtrygg the Sword of Tyr was a titan on the level of Charlemagne.

I think bloodlines need to be reworked. They need to come in different levels - call them renowned, heroic and legendary - and categories for different types of achievement and infamy. Build a lot of castles, your descendants have the blood of Bjorn the Builder and get a little Stewardship related bonus. Serve on your liege's Council for many years and the blood of Bjorn the Wise Counsellor lives on with a buff to ruler opinion. If you manage to complete more than one great achievement, you get both benefits. But you shag just one Glitterhoof...

However, a character could only have one bloodline in each category and the levels overwrite. If Olaf the Man-Killer, who slew fifty men in battle to earn his bloodline, goes on to slay a hundred men, then his bloodline upgrades from renowned to heroic. But if his grandson then slays two hundred men, he eclipses his grandfather's fame; his descendants carry his bloodline instead.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

He wasn't bad, but Sigtrygg the Sword of Tyr was a titan on the level of Charlemagne.

I think bloodlines need to be reworked. They need to come in different levels - call them renowned, heroic and legendary - and categories for different types of achievement and infamy. Build a lot of castles, your descendants have the blood of Bjorn the Builder and get a little Stewardship related bonus. Serve on your liege's Council for many years and the blood of Bjorn the Wise Counsellor lives on with a buff to ruler opinion. If you manage to complete more than one great achievement, you get both benefits. But you shag just one Glitterhoof...

However, a character could only have one bloodline in each category and the levels overwrite. If Olaf the Man-Killer, who slew fifty men in battle to earn his bloodline, goes on to slay a hundred men, then his bloodline upgrades from renowned to heroic. But if his grandson then slays two hundred men, he eclipses his grandfather's fame; his descendants carry his bloodline instead.

Well part of what makes the Ragnarr one a bit weird is the fact that you can actually play him and he gets it no matter how ordinary his life in your game actually is. The intent of the historical bloodlines is that they all happened before the game actually starts so they actually are the historical badasses we know them as, but TOG/Charlemagne make it a bit weird by having a significant number of historical people as playable before they did their big thing.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Well part of what makes the Ragnarr one a bit weird is the fact that you can actually play him and he gets it no matter how ordinary his life in your game actually is. The intent of the historical bloodlines is that they all happened before the game actually starts so they actually are the historical badasses we know them as, but TOG/Charlemagne make it a bit weird by having a significant number of historical people as playable before they did their big thing.

"I'm the great-grandson of Seljuk!"

"The guy who invaded Basra and got murdered immediately?"

"Yeah!"

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Jedit posted:

This mod is a decent stopgap. Lets everyone make one bloodline regardless of if there were any in the family, like it was before the new patch.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah I always thought it was weird that the Carolingian bloodline comes from Charles Martel, not Charlemagne, but I guess they were trying to avoid this particular problem. Although Charles Martel was pretty badass in his own right.

Related, that bloodline loving owns if you're a Catholic. The opinion and personal combat bonuses are nice, but the real treat is that every few years some 36-martial Brilliant Strategist Duelist will show up at your court and be like "hey, I hear this is the place to be if you like kicking rear end, where do I sign up"

Incidentally, does anyone know where I should start looking if I want the Parthian bloodline? I'm thinking of doing another Armenia run and that's the only one I know of that gives you Miaphysite great warriors without forging it yourself

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 13, 2018

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah I always thought it was weird that the Carolingian bloodline comes from Charles Martel, not Charlemagne, but I guess they were trying to avoid this particular problem. Although Charles Martel was pretty badass in his own right.

Related, that bloodline loving owns if you're a Catholic. The opinion and personal combat bonuses are nice, but the real treat is that every few years some 36-martial Brilliant Strategist Duelist will show up at your court and be like "hey, I hear this is the place to be if you like kicking rear end, where do I sign up"

Incidentally, does anyone know where I should start looking if I want the Parthian bloodline? I'm thinking of doing another Armenia run and that's the only one I know of that gives you Miaphysite great warriors without forging it yourself

You look... into Armenia? The biggest non-Muslim vassal of the Armenian king in the Old Gods start date has Parthian blood iirc. Generally, the people with Parthian or Sassanid blood are either in Armenia, Georgia, or northern Persia.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Torrannor posted:

You look... into Armenia? The biggest non-Muslim vassal of the Armenian king in the Old Gods start date has Parthian blood iirc. Generally, the people with Parthian or Sassanid blood are either in Armenia, Georgia, or northern Persia.

Makes sense, I just had this idea on the bus this morning and unfortunately my office is one of those annoying "don't play mapgames on the clock" sort of the workplaces :sigh:

This should be in the OP btw

https://twitter.com/armenia/status/1029296342500298754?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Played about 25 more years of my Barcelona game. Fought an independence war against the French when their king was suspiciouly murdered (by who I'm not sure, not by me though) leaving my 12 year old nephew in charge. Won and declared myself King of Aragon immediately afterward. Had a local bishop do the honor. Then I helped a reconquista liberate northern Portugal. Then I conquered the duchy of Valencia and was able to crown myself king of Valencia since I had already conquered the Baleric islands. Then I put a distant kinsman of mine on the throne of Navarra.

Then I was helping Leon defend from a Holy War when the Pope started preparing for the 1st Crusade. You'd think that since I was involved in an active defense holy war he'd give me a pass, but no, he hassaled me so I said yes since we were winning. Anyways, the crusade launched and I sent over half my guys to defend Rome from a muslim counter attack, and then the war in Leon having been wrapped up, sent all my guys to the Holy Land, where I captured the holdings in the county of Acre. This was enough to get my 2nd legitimate son awarded the Duchy of Galilee, while I was given 8,000 gold! Holy crap. Immediately set to building nine castles and a city (need a city in Barcelona before I can build another castle). After that, one more castle and I'll have my first blood line.