Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

And if you go blind you can still be a pinball wizard

Nice.

This post deserved more respect than it received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I love when japan sticks semi-colons into their game titles to make them sound cooler

poo poo ; Posting

Wait until you find out what Steins;Gate means

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Augus posted:

The last few hours of unlocking characters was a long chain of my brother and I seeing a challenger approaching and going “Wait, we DIDN’T unlock that character yet!?” because the roster is so drat big it’s impossible to keep track of.

Plus you end up fighting them a lot in classic and spirits so you forget you don't actually have them

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

I finally unlocked my girl Isabelle last night and I officially don't care who else I get!

grats on completing smash bros ultimate

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I reckon I might unlock all the Smash characters by 2024.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yoshimitsu should be a smash dlc character. He represents two fighting game franchises for the price of one.

By the way I've made my mii fighters

Al Brawlin
AlSwordlan
and Toolman Al

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Harlock posted:

What's the consensus on Everspace. Comes to switch next week?

Days later but I really enjoyed playing it on PC and I'll likely grab this if it goes on sale. 40 bucks is a bit too dear for something I already played, but ~20 would be perfect.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I can't see this on the nintendo.com eshop

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

I can't see this on the nintendo.com eshop

Another hour and a half

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

To be fair they meant 12pm EST, not 12am.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

antidote posted:

Please wake me in 5 pages.

*5 pages later*

BOTW WEAPON DURABILITY WAS STOLEN FROM MYSPACE WHAT THE gently caress

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

To be fair they meant 12pm EST, not 12am.

Oh that makes sense.

Has anyone played it? It looks super cool but some of the reviews say it is too punishing to be fun. I loved every moment of hollow knight, though, and a lot of people said the same about that.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Schneider Heim posted:

Okay, I guess I might buy a Switch by next year, as I'd like to play Super Robot Wars T. What games are generally well-liked? Is Mario Tennis Aces good?

Yeah it's pretty good. Not best-in-series-history good, but it's in the top three. Mario Oddysey and Breath of the Wild are best-in-series-history good, though.

Aside from those Hollow Knight is really good, it's on other platforms but I'd say the switch version is the definitive one. It's one of the few third-party games that actually makes use of the hd rumble.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kN73PuygI

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I wish there was a way to get the Switch to use public wifis that require a browser to accept terms to use. I wanna play Diablo 3 co-op while at McDonalds.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

I wish there was a way to get the Switch to use public wifis that require a browser to accept terms to use. I wanna play Diablo 3 co-op while at McDonalds.

I thought they did since that was the browser people could use to access the rest of the internet by being sneaky?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This video was worth it for the accordion jurassic park theme lol

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Szmitten posted:

I thought they did since that was the browser people could use to access the rest of the internet by being sneaky?

I think that it only does that when the network forces it – like starbucks does the pop-up, but some networks don't and require a request from a browser to redirect.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Genuinely impressed that they could make it look worse than FarCry for the XboxOG, nevermind FC2 for the 360.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This video was worth it for the accordion jurassic park theme lol

I love that. I first remember hearing it in a similar takedown video about No Man's Sky.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!

And I'm over here like "Yeah this is how I remember Ark looking back when I played it on PC two years ago." No big surprise that it looks like that on the switch when a midrange pc couldn't run it any better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy hell I just reached the (maybe) final boss in Dead Cells Hand of the King and he loving destroyed me. Feels like I need to spec completely differently for that fight compared to getting to that fight.

Either way game owns and I’m still slowly unlocking all the permanent poo poo available.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Go buy Phantasy Star you fucks

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

give me one reason

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Heath posted:

What now?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Your Computer posted:

give me one reason

talking kitty party member

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CYBEReris posted:

talking kitty party member

okay I'll consider it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Heath posted:

PSO2 finally came to the West!?!? :wth:

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I just want every Metal Gear on Switch. I keep thinking about it when I see something MG-related in Smash.

Like, gimme those games. At least, whichever ones are reasonably easy to port, I'm not asking for Konami to put effort into something. Judging by the Vita poo poo, the PS2 games would work great, and you can easily cram the Subsistence versions of the MSX games. Peace Walker would be rad.

Hell, gimme AC!D and PoOPS while you're at it.

And, uh, Revengeance would be awesome. Where the metal gears at.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

I know absolutely nothing about game development but I don’t see how deviantart is easier than surfing on over to \\nintendoshare\sprites\mother3\ and then selecting maskedman.gif
Videogame companies are traditionally not fantastic at storing and backing up old assets.

As a fun example, here's \\microsoftshare\rareware\backup\ from the development of Rare Replay (not pictured - zip disks, dat tapes, the truck they had to chase down to make sure it didn't get all dumped at a computer recycling plant):

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I just want every Metal Gear on Switch. I keep thinking about it when I see something MG-related in Smash.

Like, gimme those games. At least, whichever ones are reasonably easy to port, I'm not asking for Konami to put effort into something. Judging by the Vita poo poo, the PS2 games would work great, and you can easily cram the Subsistence versions of the MSX games. Peace Walker would be rad.

There was an inexplicable port of MGS2 Substance HD to that Nvidia thing that the Switch shares hardware with, so it'll probably happen at some vague point, probably when Konami needs to make back some of the money they keep pissing into that also-ran soccer game of theirs.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Konami dead dawg

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
you email them fifty times and then message them on slack and when the art person still doesn't respond for some reason you search google images and don't tell anybody

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Konami dead dawg

Metal Gear Pachinko

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

maybe we can get a shoddy port of ghost babel that somehow requires a constant internet connection

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wikipedia Brown posted:

My dude, you want a VITA.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Metal Gear Pachinko

That's the tombstone. You can tell by the vertical orientation.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

whaley posted:

you email them fifty times and then message them on slack and when the art person still doesn't respond for some reason you search google images and don't tell anybody

and then when they reply you just say "oh, thanks, but someone else got it to me last week" or email them with "don't worry about it, I just got it from someone else that had it" and no one is the wiser.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Wikipedia Brown posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

Videogame companies are traditionally not fantastic at storing and backing up old assets.

As a fun example, here's \\microsoftshare\rareware\backup\ from the development of Rare Replay (not pictured - zip disks, dat tapes, the truck they had to chase down to make sure it didn't get all dumped at a computer recycling plant):

and now consider how many of those floppies still work :cry:

you do have to consider how old some of this stuff is too. Like, for Smash Ultimate they've pulled out I think over a thousand spirits, some of which are incredibly obscure and old. Stuff so old the sprites not only aren't archived in an easily accessible way (if at all) but are part of the source code and not convenient .png's. It's not something you just "pull up" and slap into the game.