Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If Melvin Gordon is a no go, would you guys start Justin Jackson @ KC over either of Dalvin Cook or Brandin Cooks in 1 PPR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

is damien williams the play over jaylen samuels?
I think it's hard to say before James Conner's status is clear. i liked what Jaylen Samuels brought last week for my team (although I'm in a PPR league). I think if Conner is out I take him over Damien Williams... Damien's got the role with Ware being doubtful but there isn't really any evidence he can turn in an efficient performance is there?

Has anyone heard anything out of Pittsburgh about how the coaches felt about Jaylen Samuels?

VietCampo posted:

If Melvin Gordon is a no go, would you guys start Justin Jackson @ KC over either of Dalvin Cook or Brandin Cooks in 1 PPR?
I don't think so. You're talking about a third stringer over some really talented guys in the Cooks. Anything is possible when a guy gets the full reins in a high-powered offense (I guess that applies to both D Williams and J Jackson) but I wouldn't do it

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 13, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

is damien williams the play over jaylen samuels?

In PPR it's probably Samuels, in standard probably a small lean towards Williams imo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I think it's hard to say before James Conner's status is clear. i liked what Jaylen Samuels brought last week for my team (although I'm in a PPR league). I think if Conner is out I take him over Damien Williams... Damien's got the role with Ware being doubtful but there isn't really any evidence he can turn in an efficient performance is there?

Has anyone heard anything out of Pittsburgh about how the coaches felt about Jaylen Samuels?

I don't think so. You're talking about a third stringer over some really talented guys in the Cooks. Anything is possible when a guy gets the full reins in a high-powered offense (I guess that applies to both D Williams and J Jackson) but I wouldn't do it

I'm more worried about Brandin Cooks as he's put up a couple not great scores in back 2 back weeks since his bye and are also playing the Eagles who will probably be without Wentz and likely may be a rout by halftime.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yeah that's a reasonable concern. Otoh Melvin Gordon still hasn't quite been ruled out yet. If you do go with Jackson over Cooks (not outlandish) make sure to keep an eye on that down to the wire

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

yeah that's a reasonable concern. Otoh Melvin Gordon still hasn't quite been ruled out yet. If you do go with Jackson over Cooks (not outlandish) make sure to keep an eye on that down to the wire

Yea Jackson plays tonight and the Chargers just promoted a practice squad RB, which got me thinking Gordon isn't gonna play. But i will probably check back right before game time to make sure.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Sanity check for me at WR. 0.5 PPR, pick two:

Mike Evans @BAL
Josh Gordon @PIT
Allen Robinson vs GB
Chris Godwin @BAL

I currently have Evans and Gordon in. And what about my flex?

Chris Carson @SF
Tarik Cohen vs GB

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Allen vs DET or Mayfield@DEN?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Chernabog posted:

Allen or Mayfield?

I just picked up Allen to play over Mayfield this week. I was originally starting Wentz...

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm in the exact same situation.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have Mayfield right now but Josh Allen is a free agent. So I could swap them.

Seemed like Denver has given up a lot of yards in the air lately and I'm still wary of Josh Allen looking at some of his early season busts and the fact that no QB has rushed for any yards against Detroit. But most stuff I've read shows I'm going against the stream on this one.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

I have Mayfield right now but Josh Allen is a free agent. So I could swap them.

Seemed like Denver has given up a lot of yards in the air lately and I'm still wary of Josh Allen looking at some of his early season busts and the fact that no QB has rushed for any yards against Detroit. But most stuff I've read shows I'm going against the stream on this one.

Denver has at least one interception in all but four games this season, and they keep their games pretty low scoring (With a few exception). While I think Mayfield can have a good game, I don't think it will be a great fantasy game.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
If Gordon doesn't play, Jackson is a better play than Doug Martin and Tarik Cohen, yes? (Standard scoring)

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

gently caress. If Gordon DOES play, would you guys go with jackson, damien williams, or jaylen samuels?

.5 ppr

gordon’t play please

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Most people seem to agree Jackson>Damien unless MG plays.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

What about Jackson over Ingram? Gordon looks almost definitely to be out tonight, and the Panthers have been stodgy against the run lately

I think I may be overthinking this

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Assuming Gordon is out, Jackson is set for 20+ touches against one of the most favorable match-ups in the league. He is a bit of an unknown, but Rotoworld has him as a top 15 guy this week. Ingram is in a time-share against a much tougher match-up.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Need a flex thanks to Spencer Ware being doubtful

Kenyan Drake @MIN
Robby Anderson vHOU
Chris Godwin @BAL
Courtland Sutton vCLE
Jalen Richard @CIN

I'm leaning Drake or Anderson (since Enunwa is out) but man, this is just a big wet fart for the semifinals

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet posted:

Pick my flex. .5ppr. Playoff game and I'm probably gonna need a home run.

Damien Williams v. LAC (Thu)
James White @PIT
Matt Breida (Q) v. SEA
Dante Pettis v. SEA
Larry Fitz @ATL

Anyone? Have Williams slotted in right now but just realized that Pettis dropped a bomb on Seattle two weeks ago.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Nadir posted:

0.5 PPR, otherwise regular scoring

Looking for a FLEX:

Marlon Mack v DAL
DJ Moore v NO

Dallas run defense is pretty darn good but Mack gets lots of touches.

DJ Moore is in an awesome spot versus NO pass defense but Cam Newton’s arm sucks now
Reposting

Tough dilemma for me

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Quiet Feet posted:

Anyone? Have Williams slotted in right now but just realized that Pettis dropped a bomb on Seattle two weeks ago.
I think you stand pat

Damien Williams

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Similar 0.5 PPR question, for a goon league too:

Damien Williams
Derrick Henry
Kenyan Drake
Jeff Wilson
Dante Pettis
one of: Jaylen Samuels / James Conner (unclear who, got both)

pick two

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pmchem posted:

Similar 0.5 PPR question, for a goon league too:

Damien Williams
Derrick Henry
Kenyan Drake
Jeff Wilson
Dante Pettis
one of: Jaylen Samuels / James Conner (unclear who, got both)

pick two

My gut reaction is to say Samuels/Conner and Williams.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

My gut reaction is to say Samuels/Conner and Williams.

yeah me too, but FUUUUCK Henry's week 13 and he goes against a depleted Giants D/ST

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

pmchem posted:

yeah me too, but FUUUUCK Henry's week 13 and he goes against a depleted Giants D/ST

Depleted, but not giving up entirely like Jacksonville.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pmchem posted:

Dude hosed poo poo up last week but look at almost every week before that. He might put up respectable points but I don't see how you pick him over Williams at the least. Maybe over Samuels if Conner can't go?

Brownhat posted:

Depleted, but not giving up entirely like Jacksonville.

This too.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Gordon is out

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Justin Jackson @ KC
Damien Williams vs. SD
Gus Edwards vs. TB

0.5 PPR

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Welp, feels questions to make sure I mess this up.

.5 PPR
WR: Pick 2
Evans @. BAL
Cooper @ IND
Edelman @ PIT

Flex:
Remaining WR above, or:

Jackson @ KC
D. Williams vs. LAC

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Gaaaah, my running backs are Aaron Jones, fournette, breida, shady, and now Damien Williams. I think I'm rolling Jones, fournette,Williams due to injury concerns but fuuuck

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Rick Grimes posted:

Welp, feels questions to make sure I mess this up.

.5 PPR
WR: Pick 2
Evans @. BAL
Cooper @ IND
Edelman @ PIT

Flex:
Remaining WR above, or:

Jackson @ KC
D. Williams vs. LAC

I'd go with Jackson.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Someone help me make a decision I battled back I traded my way from 1-5 to a playoff team and in the last week and a half I lost E. Sanders, Conner(maybe?), and tonight I started k. Allen to only have him get hurt and give me 0 points... so I still have a chance to win this week but I need a miracle and someone to tell me what I'm thinking is right for my RBs, QB and te to start im already locked at my wrs I have no one I'd switch out fitzy or cooper for at this point, 1 ppr league the ones im leaning towards are on top:

Brees @ car
Rodgers @ chi

Choose 2 rb
Cohen vs GB
Carson @ SF
Conner vs NE
Coleman vs AZ

Tight end
Engram vs Ten
Hooper vs AZ

Thanks in advance

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

6-year plan man posted:

Someone help me make a decision I battled back I traded my way from 1-5 to a playoff team and in the last week and a half I lost E. Sanders, Conner(maybe?), and tonight I started k. Allen to only have him get hurt and give me 0 points... so I still have a chance to win this week but I need a miracle and someone to tell me what I'm thinking is right for my RBs, QB and te to start im already locked at my wrs I have no one I'd switch out fitzy or cooper for at this point, 1 ppr league the ones im leaning towards are on top:

Brees @ car
Rodgers @ chi

Choose 2 rb
Cohen vs GB
Carson @ SF
Conner vs NE
Coleman vs AZ

Tight end
Engram vs Ten
Hooper vs AZ

Thanks in advance

Brees

Cohen
Carson

Engram

Huge_Midget fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 14, 2018

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
0.5 PPR, 2QB league
1st week of 2 week championships, need 2 starters from:

Deshaun Watson Hou @ NYJ
Derek Carr Oak @ Cin
Lamar Jackson Bal v TB
Marcus Mariota Ten @ NYG
Joe Flacco Bal v TB

Watson is a lock, leaning towards Jackson but feel like Carr is the safer bet?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Standard Yahoo scoring.

Seattle v San Fran
Atlanta v Arizona.

Both are tasty matchups and I'm having a hard time deciding. Seattle is trending up and if breida is out, that's good. Arizona is hot garbage though so I'm at a loss.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Plank Walker posted:

0.5 PPR, 2QB league
1st week of 2 week championships, need 2 starters from:

Deshaun Watson Hou @ NYJ
Derek Carr Oak @ Cin
Lamar Jackson Bal v TB
Marcus Mariota Ten @ NYG
Joe Flacco Bal v TB

Watson is a lock, leaning towards Jackson but feel like Carr is the safer bet?

Definitely Watson and Jackson.

I'm a massive underdog. Who is the best home run play in 0.5 PPR?

Curtis Samuel vs NO
Dion Lewis @ NYG
Elijah McGuire vs HOU
Chris Ivory vs DET
Robert Foster vs DET

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 14, 2018

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gobias Ind. posted:

Definitely Watson and Jackson.

I'm a massive underdog. Who is the best home run play in 0.5 PPR?

Curtis Samuel vs NO
Dion Lewis @ NYG
Elijah McGuire vs HOU
Chris Ivory vs DET
Robert Foster vs DET

No sure thing there but I feel like it has to be Samuel.

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!
standard yahoo scoring

Kirk Cousins vs. Miami
OR
Dak Prescott @ Indiana

George Kittle vs. Seattle
OR
Jared Cook @ Cincy

FLEX
Jarvis Landry @ Denver
OR
Jordan Howard vs. GB

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
0 ppr. Up after Damien Williams' big day, Looking more for a safe floor than a homerun. Pick a RB and a FLEX. Some from my roster, some are waiver trash that could be ok this week?

Kenneth Dixon v TB
Ingram @ CAR
Ridley v ARI
Breida v SEA
Curtis Samuel v NO
Elijah McGuire v HOU
Robert Foster v DET

Also pick a QB, standard scoring

Dak @ IND
Mayfield @ DEN

I've picked the wrong one every week I've had them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Brownhat posted:

Sanity check for me at WR. 0.5 PPR, pick two:

Mike Evans @BAL
Josh Gordon @PIT
Allen Robinson vs GB
Chris Godwin @BAL

I currently have Evans and Gordon in. And what about my flex?

Chris Carson @SF
Tarik Cohen vs GB

Alright, still looking for opinions here. Also, after my opponent's Keenan Allen got 0 points, should I still play Josh Allen over Baker Mayfield? Baker seems like the safe play here, but Allen definitely has the higher ceiling.