Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

That's every Democrat, good.

Graham didn't vote. Neither did Heller - as if he has anything else to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1073328027084472321

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1073327086037741568

These are so hilariously bad. Also, so much for owning that shut down.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Does anyone, anywhere actually buy/read The National Enquirer? You roll your eyes at the headlines when you're in line at the grocery store, sure, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone put it in their cart.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

The sad thing about Trump’s worst stuff is that it was a “nothing matters” issue before nothing mattered, and so it is already gone in the memory hole and will all have to be rediscovered in the context of him being president before anyone acts like it is a part of all this. And of course it was all still true while everyone teased him for being dumb and orange and an unhealthy eater...

The dudes a monster from a david lynch film.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Crow Jane posted:

Does anyone, anywhere actually buy/read The National Enquirer? You roll your eyes at the headlines when you're in line at the grocery store, sure, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone put it in their cart.

Yeah, but everyone sees it at the checkout and reads the cover while you stand there, bored as poo poo

This isn't just them publishing pro-trump poo poo, its also them helping him bury negative stories

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Crow Jane posted:

There's a decent amount of people who think that while they're sensational, that there's an underlying core of truth to what they run.

Also plastering big lies everywhere legitimately influences thinking.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Crow Jane posted:

That's not what it's for. It operates at a loss and serves as a propaganda outlet for rich and connected people.

...which is exactly what it stands accused of doing.

Edit: ^^^ Jaxyon said it better ^^^

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, but everyone sees it at the checkout and reads the cover while you stand there, bored as poo poo

Yeah, I guess just putting those ideas in people's heads is the point. Doesn't seem like the most sustainable business model, though

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

eyebeem posted:

The open border Democrats who want illegal immigrants to pour into our country for nefarious purposes, have always supported building walls and fences to keep them out!

Yes, my internal narrative makes perfect sense!

(*Moves hands like he is playing an accordion*)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, I guess just putting those ideas in people's heads is the point. Doesn't seem like the most sustainable business model, though

The business model was helping facilitate rich people bury bad publicity

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Crow Jane posted:

The thing is it works similarly to advertising. Like pepsi ads aren't there to make you go buy pepsi, but when you're at the store (or voting booth) you're still influenced by having seen that a bunch.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Guess whats back in the news?

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1073329650313641986

Remember how there was tons and tons of money that disappeared from that fund? :thunk:

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

The squeegee men of the publishing world. Pay me or I'll dirty your windshield with this filthy rag.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pence scrambles for the fridge of 0 alcohol beer, Kav is there with a funnel and hose and gives it to Pence, but doesnt tell him he's using real beer pisswater.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

Remember how there was tons and tons of money that disappeared from that fund? :thunk:

We're going to need some kind of chart to keep track of all the different Trump corruption investigations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Peacoffee posted:

The sad thing about Trump’s worst stuff is that it was a “nothing matters” issue before nothing mattered, and so it is already gone in the memory hole and will all have to be rediscovered in the context of him being president before anyone acts like it is a part of all this. And of course it was all still true while everyone teased him for being dumb and orange and an unhealthy eater...

The dudes a monster from a david lynch film.

i think it was less nothing matters and more no one really fully knew, its kinda like the bill Cosby stuff, some people knew or suspected, but because he was a paragon of virtue, no one cared. trumps sorta the same way, everyone knew he was corrupt or worse monster, but to most people. he was just a dumb rear end in a top hat who was the weird eccentric "billionaire".

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

Elote's you uncultured fucks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

We're going to need some kind of chart to keep track of all the different Trump corruption investigations.

once the house gets sworn in, its gonna get alot bigger.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

thegalagakid posted:

Elote's you uncultured fucks.

Please don't make them look at strange, foreign words. It gives them the vapors.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

eyebeem posted:

"Please don't make me own the stupid loving thing I did :qq:"

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

kidkissinger posted:

so it's like if you took shephards pie and worked as hard as possible to make it repulsive

It's beef so it's cottage pie, not shepherd's pie. I know I'm late but.. pies.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I had a thought last night about Kavanaugh. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go against Trump or populist votes for.. say.. 3-5 years. Unless he is really dumb, he has to know that after Trump is gone there is going to have to be a lot of house cleaning. And he doesn't want to be on that list of "poo poo trump did that was crooked and needs to get reviewed and changed".

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

Rauros posted:

wow, the end of the Hunger Games in real life.

C'mon guys we shouldn't abolish ICE because

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Smeef posted:

The squeegee men of the publishing world. Pay me or I'll dirty your windshield with this filthy rag.

Honest living! Honest living! Honest living! Honest living!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Easy Diff posted:

Quisling if you wanna be classy.

Two years pages ago, but a quisling isn't just a lickspittle, they're a traitor who collaborates with the enemy.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
I thought Hot Beef Sunday was the WWE's name for their new Sunday night programming?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1073328833988841473

honk, honk, here comes the feds.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I love that Cohen actually did record everything. He must not be a complete moron, there's a bit of foresight in there somewhere.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Glumslinger posted:

Hey guys I think this administration may be corrupt.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

DaveWoo posted:

Img-always-sunny-pepe-sylvia.jpg

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mdemone posted:

I love that Cohen actually did record everything. He must not be a complete moron, there's a bit of foresight in there somewhere.

He was the right-hand man of a notorious welcher, of course he had to record every little thing he dealt with him.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

mdemone posted:

You know, if you consider Trump in like 2002, Cohen is a perfectly fine lawyer. While not smart (cuz you know, breaking the law and super shady) he was fine for real estate grifter Donald Trump. Then Trump goes to run for election, and poo poo gets way bigger and under fire from people who are way better investigators and immune to bully tactics and suddenly Cohen really isn't good enough anymore. Like he isn't nearly good enough to be going up against this level of investigation, but back when he got on board this situation wasn't even a pipe dream.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

^^^ Exactly right. He got just enough of a law education at Cooley to know what he was up against. ^^^

Meatball posted:

Img-always-sunny-pepe-sylvia.jpg

You all laughed at my megaimage two years ago about Trump and Rosneft. Nobody's laughing anymore.

Death is nothing next to vindication.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

ozmunkeh posted:

It's beef so it's cottage pie, not shepherd's pie. I know I'm late but.. pies.

That appears to be modern British usage (at least according to Wikipedia), but historically cottage pie and shepherd's pie were synonyms regardless of the meat, and I'm not even sure the term cottage pie gets much usage in the US, though maybe it's regional and/or I'm having a brain fart.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

The Glumslinger posted:

So: blackmail.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

That reads like someone search and replaced fences with wall.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1073335188300525569

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am worried this might be a distraction, as in the dude sends so many threats that it keeps law enforment busy so he can send bombs to other targets.

This is just social engineering ransomware - I knew a few people who caught this in their spam filters. No different than the "we were watching through your webcam; pay us or we'll show you masturbating" ones people got a few weeks ago, only cops take a much dimmer view of this. Granted, they're not likely in the US, but I'm sure some copycat will be, and they're going to learn the hard way that this is a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

No, the bad publicity was already out there. More like... a blackmail payment broker and legal middleman for enforcement.

Which isn't illegal in itself...