Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

christmas boots posted:

Usually someone would answer like "rob a bank" or something fun. The better question is why did she give that answer?

Wow, not sure how, but I misread it as 'if you could kill anyone and get away with it'. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

MarcusSA posted:

Maybe because....

:thunk:

The meds aren't real and he's in cahoots with her

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Miserable Maid posted:

What the hell are you guys on about? What she did was honestly really crappy, and frankly a bad idea. It's just that it's such an awkward situation and the world is still slow to change, so it's very easy to sympathize, she's in a really tough situation. Doesn't mean she handled it the best way, she should have sat him down and told him before hand, it's kinda a big deal for some people
for context:
blarzgh Dec 13, 2018 09:21
If a transwoman did that to a lesbian woman, you'd all be calling it sexual assault.

1. nice mindreading tbh
2. implying or stating that being trans and failing to disclose it at exactly the right time = rape is terf bullshit BECAUSE it is a loving nuanced and difficult thing to handle because you can get loving murdered and you may not know your partner's mental schedule for when you're gonna gently caress so things can end up a surprise to everyone involved

i stand by my opinion and you can poo poo your pants about it if you really want to

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

christmas boots posted:

The meds aren't real and he's in cahoots with her

This lifetime movie of the week is sounding good.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
If I shat in a lesbian's pants you'd be calling sexual assault.

Or whatever.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 13, 2018

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

InediblePenguin posted:

for context:
blarzgh Dec 13, 2018 09:21
If a transwoman did that to a lesbian woman, you'd all be calling it sexual assault.

1. nice mindreading tbh
2. implying or stating that being trans and failing to disclose it at exactly the right time = rape is terf bullshit BECAUSE it is a loving nuanced and difficult thing to handle because you can get loving murdered and you may not know your partner's mental schedule for when you're gonna gently caress so things can end up a surprise to everyone involved

i stand by my opinion and you can poo poo your pants about it if you really want to

In this situation the "exactly the right time" window we're talking about is "any time before they got intimate during the 6 month relationship"

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Business Gorillas posted:

In this situation the "exactly the right time" window we're talking about is "any time before they got intimate during the 6 month relationship"

you and blarzgh are literally more upset about this woman's heinous sin than the man she's actually with

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

InediblePenguin posted:

you and blarzgh are literally more upset about this woman's heinous sin than the man she's actually with

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

InediblePenguin posted:

No one's upset with her, she didn't "sin", they're just using hyperbole because you guys are reading into things too much.

What she did was stupid BECAUSE people are so intolerant and weird. She sprung it on him in an intimate situation, which was very dangerous for her, if he was one of those psychos she'd be at his mercy. It shouldn't be that way, and it's very sad she's have to dear just being herself, but it's a disgusting reality we live in.

It also can be considered unintentionally manipulative, as his choice is kinda pushed for him, as he's already getting intimate with her (clearly not intentional, of course! She just wanted her boyfriend to accept her.)

No one is a bad guy here, she just could have handled it better is all, but at the same time, when the world seems to be against you at every turn, it really easy to understand her hesitance

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I can tell who's upset in this thread and it's not the folks who are suggesting you maybe shouldn't trick someone into touching a penis,if you respect them.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Let he or she who has not tricked someone into touching a penis throw the first stone.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
When should one disclose that their public grooming is nonexistent? I went in a date with a woman and later that night I had my hand in her pants and it was like a cat hacked up a hairball onto my hand. Not cool.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
watch war declare a bush

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

When should one disclose that their public grooming is nonexistent? I went in a date with a woman and later that night I had my hand in her pants and it was like a cat hacked up a hairball onto my hand. Not cool.

That's not the same you big dummy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i thought bush died. state funeral and everything.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
For the record, I'm not anti-pube. I just think you need to tame it if it is out of control.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what if it's like a huge clit, is there a disclaimer for like a dolphin-fin sized clit

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

CheesyDog posted:

what if it's like a huge clit, is there a disclaimer for like a dolphin-fin sized clit

Chyna's clit was basically a penis.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wear your junk on your sleeve, where your heart used to be

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

The guy in the actual story isn't even mad about when it happened and y'all bitchin...

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just lol if you use a dating app that doesn't require full frontal

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
please drop this at once !!

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

chemtrail huffer posted:

My (25 M) girlfriend (26 F) baked all the beans, now I consider to end our relations? What does I do?

Hey, I'm a little late to the party, but I had to go ahead and do this

https://soundcloud.com/happy-kitty-575253045/mon-amant-de-st-bean

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

CheesyDog posted:

Pro tip: a huge bush can make a giant clit seem smaller!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HappyKitty posted:

Hey, I'm a little late to the party, but I had to go ahead and do this

https://soundcloud.com/happy-kitty-575253045/mon-amant-de-st-bean

Signal boosting this

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (20F) found out my boyfriend (25M) is an anti-vaxxer and I don't know if I'm OK with it.

I recently began dating this man about 2 months ago. I was not looking for a relationship since I was still recovering from a breakup. However, our physical intimacy is really great so we both decided to be exclusive and keep doing what we're doing. We both wanted to get to know each other better. I'm a fairly average person. I'm more so left leaning, non religious. I learned he was more right leaning, and is religious. I'm OK with this, he didn't have any bigoted or harmful opinions it seemed. We had healthy and mutually respectful political conversation that made us realize even though our political approaches are different, we share a lot of common values.

However, as time went on, in conversation I've learned that he is anti-vaccinations, uses fluoride free toothpaste and doesnt drink tap water because he believes the fluoride will poison him, he stands by "holistic medicine," he believes in "alternative science and history" or whatever it is creationists use to justify biblical events and the earth being 6000 years old. He doesnt believe in evolution. I suppose this last bit is my fault. I've met many Christians who believe in evolution so I (wrongly) assumed creationism was just for the fundamentalists.

Honestly, these crazy out-there sort of things bother me. I'm kind of a shy person, I don't want to be insulting to anyone's beliefs. I joked "whats next, you gonna say you believe in flat earth?" Which made him a little embarassed, and to my surprise he did not believe in flat earth. I felt bad, we both laughed it off. But I honestly think he's kind of dumb for believing these things. He's encouraged me to research this stuff on my own. I really don't want to. Just hearing it all pour out of him when we've talked about it stresses me out.

Its beginning to create a disconnect in my feelings for him. I still like him. We have the same passions and interests since we're in the same very specific degree field. He's a kind, accepting person, a great lover, very affectionate. He accepts me how I am. So I feel like such an rear end in a top hat for thinking his opinions are too much for me. I expressed my conflicting thoughts about it to him today. He was sad, but understanding. He said he feels like we can make it work and that our different beliefs don't matter, and that ulitimately its my choice if I want to continue our relationship or not. Im scared of throwing away what could be a good relationship. I understand the "I'd never date an anti vaxxer" sentiment because that's me. So it's such a hard place to be when you learn your bf is one after you already developed feelings for him.

Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.

TL;DR- my recent bf is an great loving partner except for the fact he's an anti-vaxxer, with other controversial opinions. I have feelings for him but it's causing a disconnect for me. Any advice on how to assess the situation?

(Edit: I also remembered a discussion my bf and I had in which he claimed the Sandy Hook and Las Vegas shootings were cover ups/hoaxes. I remembered this by reading a comment from another redditor. I'd like to thank everyone who offered their advice and perspectives. I haven't been replying to comments but I've read each and every one. A lot of kind words and some tough love have helped me see this relationship cannot last long term. I've decided I could really use some time out of the dating pool after this. Thank you all again.)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Escape from the Planet Good Dick

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I think I found footage of that guy on his date.

https://youtu.be/U0Cb54oV5IY

Also the time to tell a potential partner that you have different sex parts than they might be expecting is before you go on a date, surely. It’s just good manners and helps everyone avoid feeling awkward.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [27M] girlfriend [29F] [4.5years] is putting pressure on me to end my friendship with my best friend [29M] [8 years]

This is making me feel very stressed out. I met my best friend 8 years ago. We both worked retail at the same place part time while in college. We clicked extremely quickly even though we’re two very very different people.

He’s easily one of the most brilliant people I’ve ever met. And I also strongly admire his determination. We’re both doctors now. I’m an emergency medicine resident and he’s a general surgery resident. Our paths to the profession couldn’t have been different though.

My dad was a doctor and my mom was a chemist. Neither of his parents went to college at all. I had everything paid for and grew up in a relatively dreamlike environment to facilitate academic success, he grew up in a chaotic home and in poverty. We both dealt with some parental abuse, but I at least had sisters to lean on, he was an only child.

I’m not trying to just sing his praises but I do want to give an idea of why I admire him so much and why he’s more than just some college friend I can’t let go.

For example, Christian was the first person to really express belief in me that I could become a doctor. My parents furnished me and my sisters with financial support but they ranged from indifference to weaponizing us against the other parent when it suited them.

Even my sisters told me I would probably fail.

When I told my dad I wanted to be a doctor like him and go into the same specialty, he barely responded. One day I remember telling Christian how I felt unsure whether or not I could do it (this was after we’d known each other for a year), he confidently stated his belief in me.

He said that you always hear people in college saying that they’ll be doctors or lawyers or engineers or whatever, but that I was the first person who he actually believed would do it. That meant a lot to me coming from him and it still does.

I’m trying to communicate that he’s been a great part of my life and I love him like a brother.

That was just one example of the many times he supported me through a rough time or reassured me that I could get the grade I wanted in a class or that I was worthy of real friendship.

My confidence improved...I honestly could write a lot about how our friendship has improved me as a person.

Sarah just doesn’t like him, though. When I first started dating her, Christian didn’t like her. He thought she was a gold digger. She moved in with me after about a month and a few months later Christian and I had a long talk about how he thought I was being naive and how there was a lot that seemed suspect to him.

And while there were a few things that could totally seem bad, I trusted her and he said he’d trust my judgement. Neither of us ever said a word to Sarah about any of this.

After this talk, Christian went out of his way to give her a chance. He’s embraced her. He buys her presents for her birthday and Christmas, he’s cooked dinner for us a bunch of times over the years.

Sarah has never liked my friendship with Christian, though. I never understood why. I asked her recently and to my shock she cited his religion as being the reason why.

Christian is Catholic. I’m atheist and so is Sarah. This is part of what I meant earlier when I said Christian and I are so different. That being said, we get along ridiculously well. We have A LOT of friendly debates about everything from religion to politics. It’s a mainstay if our friendship. We have literally since we met.

But we’ve never gotten into anything resembling a heated argument about things. I feel like we communicate in a healthy way. There’s never any yelling or name calling or anything like that, it’s just two adults talking.

We can sit for hours and go back and forth on anything from our jobs to whatever is in the news.

Sarah says she doesn’t understand how I can be friends with someone with Christian’s values/religion. She specifically got angry with me after Christian and I talked about abortion a few days ago. But she does always seem to find something to be mad about what he said even if we were talking about our jobs.

But the abortion argument from a few days ago is what pushed us to where we are now because I defended Christian—NOT NECESSARILY HIS ARGUMENT—I defended him the person.

Basically she was initially angry and said that he believes women have no rights to their bodies. And I get it. I’ve thought that exact thing before and I’ve said it to Christian before.

But in a completely different talk from years ago Christian said something along the lines of: “The best way to be persuasive and to argue in good faith is to understand the other person’s argument and beliefs as they do. If you only argue against the way you see their argument, no one will ever listen. The only way to persuade is to show that you understand the way the other person sees the issue and then argue against that understanding.”

Which I thought was very true. Like you can’t just argue against your own idea of someone’s position, you have to deconstruct theirs to get them to come off of it.

So I said that to Sarah. Not at all agreeing with Christian on the specific issue of abortion because I don’t, but regardless of that, it’s not so simple as to just say that he thinks women don’t have a right to their bodies. I think that’s too simple a representation of a view that’s more nuanced.

She got angry at me because she said I was defending his position but I wasn’t, I was defending him. Which I think is different.

She blew up at me after that and started listing off things about his views that she hated, but again most of what she was saying he believed were things he didn’t believe. Fullstop. It was pretty obvious that she’d only taken chunks of things he’d said over the years and just assumed those were things he believed.

To give an example, she said that he doesn’t believe healthcare is a human right, but nothing could be further from the truth. He and I have had extensive talks about this. Christian emphatically believes and wishes it were a human right legally. She took an example of him explaining why people don’t believe it’s a right, and didn’t listen to the context, and now just thinks that’s what he himself believes.

And she did that same thing with tons of other stuff. So I naturally kept falling into the role of defending him and she ended up saying she didn’t know if she could be with someone who can be friends with someone like Christian.

That pissed me off for a few reasons. I didn’t like that she was basically giving me an ultimatum. I didn’t like that she was saying untrue things about Christian. I didn’t like that she wouldn’t listen to reason. And I was also pissed she ruined the night for me.

It’s super rare that Christian and I get to hang out now. So when we did and we had a good time and we were both able to wind down from the stress of work, she had to drop this bomb on me.

I’m very frustrated. I love them both. And even though we disagree on some stuff, Christian is a good person. It’s hard to describe an almost decade long friendship in one post but I can say that I trust him. We have fun spending time together, he’s named his unborn son after me. I’m rambling at this point but this person I disagree with on some issues is my greatest friend.

I just feel very stressed out and I could use some support or advice.

Tl;dr- my girlfriend basically gave me an ultimatum between her and my best friend. She doesn’t like him because he’s Catholic and because she thinks he believes things that he doesn’t actually believe. She won’t listen to reason about him though and just wants him out of my life. What should I do?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [16M] Dad [48M] thinks I'm gay because I like to spend time with girls.

Yesterday, my father was in the kitchen cooking. I usually be in the living room where the kitchen is connected since I don't have a bedroom. However, I went inside my mother's room where her and my sisters were and spent time with them. My father called me into the kitchen and asked me, "Are you gay?" I said, "No why?". He said, "You never come to the basement to chill with the guys. You're always upstairs with the women."

I said nothing else. This isn't the first time he did this. Another time when I was spending time with my mother and sisters, and my father peeped into the room, he asked me, "What are you doing in there with all the women? I thought your brother taught you better than that."

I prefer to spend time with them because that's who I'm closer with and more comfortable around. I get the feeling that my father is afraid that I'm gay (which I'm not) or too effeminate. Just because a guy likes to hang around girls doesn't make him gay. I think my Dad needs to open his mind and leave me alone.

I wanted to see what you guys think about this. What do you think about my father's behavior?

tl;dr: My father gets disgruntled that I prefer to spend time with my female relatives as opposed to my male relatives. he pulled me into the kitchen yesterday after spending time with my mom and sisters to ask me if I'm gay. I said no because I'm not gay. He said, "I had to ask because you're always around the women. You never come in the basement to chill with the guys. I just prefer to spend time with them because I'm closer and more comfortable around them. I think my Dad needs to open his mind and leave me alone. What do you guys think?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (29m) brother (34m) now wants to be a rapper and is asking my mom for thousands of dollars.

My brother doesn’t like to work. He’s the laziest guy I know. He’s a licenced professional but chooses not to work in his field. He has been licenced for over 8 years. He practiced for a bit, then stopped because he said it was depressing due to the nature of the job (which let me tell you, it is not). Then he did some odd delivery jobs for a couple years. And then just nothing.

He’s been kicked out of here a few times over the course of 6-7 years because he also used to break poo poo around the house and create crazy scenes. He’s toxic. Every single time he does this, he leaves for a few months and comes back like nothing loving happened.

Time time around when he came back a few months ago he was more relaxed. He seemed like he had actually started making strides towards becoming a functioning part of society. He was talking about stocks, building on his licence and starting his own thing, hiring people under him, yada yada. As soon as he paid for his licence renewal, something in his brain snapped and he just decided he wants to become a loving rapper. He has been getting 0 to minimal sleep, is in the garage or downstairs washroom blasting music dancing singing and rapping for hours upon hours, and now wants to borrow thousands of dollars $$$$ to get “iced” out. Apparently he’s flying (bought with like air miles or something) to another city to meet somebody for a recording deal.....I don’t know.

Oh and year to date he’s already coaxed my dad out of at least 8K. Also with lies about “I’m gonna do this and that, get a new car, renew my licence”.

I told my mom to not give him a dime and if she does she’s loving just as stupid as he is. Pretty sure she’s gonna give him money. Not sure what to do here, or what’s been going on with this guy. He needs help, and I don’t know where to start, or if there’s even anything I can do about it at all.

Tl;dr brother is constantly finding new ways to “get rich quick”. And when it doesn’t work out he moves on to something else. And he lives at the expense of others.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't date self identifying capital A atheists.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [27M] girlfriend [29F] [4.5years] is putting pressure on me to end my friendship with my best friend [29M] [8 years]

Upvoted for seamlessly introducing the pseudonyms.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yesterday, my father was in the kitchen cooking. I usually be in the living room where the kitchen is connected since I don't have a bedroom.

Tell your dad 'You know not having a bedroom is linked to homosexuality'.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's nothing more gay than spending time with women

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

"Dad, you're always hanging out in the basement with dudes. Are you gay?"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Bros before... well you know... atheists.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean the bro also sounds like a dipshit. They're all dipshits.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Surely, calling my son a gay sissy homo boy all the time is the way to get him to like spending time with me more than with his mother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (29m) brother (34m) now wants to be a rapper and is asking my mom for thousands of dollars.

Sounds like the options are be a lovely rapper or be someone dumb enough to want to be a rapper but working in something involving finance.

Whatever he chooses, the rest of us lose.