Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/1073004544957640704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

The National Rifle Association is encouraging people to buy its membership by playing on the fact that service members will be away from their families during the holidays.

In the two-minute spot released on December 12, NRA President Oliver North points out, “As we gather with loved ones this holiday season, tens of thousands of American soldiers, sailors, airmen, guardsmen, and Marines won’t be home this year.”

North then encourages supporters to buy NRA memberships because, as he claims, “the very freedoms” service members are “protecting are under siege from powerful, wealthy oligarchs who are financing a disarm-America movement.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ague Proof posted:

Nugent was prepared, in case Trump tried to draft him:

making GBS threads myself like the moral coward I am to own the libs

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crow Jane posted:

It's not like anyone's shocked that Trump, or rich people and politicians in general, get up to a lot of sketchy rear end financial stuff. It's just that he's sooo loving bad at it it's almost unbelievable.

It reminds me of bitcoin. When you hear about it and how it works your natural reaction is "no, surely it can't be that stupid I must be missing something."

Turns out yes, yes Trump is exactly as stupid as you first think.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

This is the unironic view of the right.

The more they gently caress up US finances, the more they can justify gutting social services.

Defund agency, it doesn't do its job as well, point out how bad it is as a reason to defund it more.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

It reminds me of bitcoin. When you hear about it and how it works your natural reaction is "no, surely it can't be that stupid I must be missing something."

wrong on both cases.

its more stupid and keeps getting more stupid.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

“In the two-minute spot released on December 12, NRA President Oliver North points out, “As we gather with loved ones this holiday season, tens of thousands of American soldiers, sailors, airmen, guardsmen, and Marines won’t be home this year.”
..because our president has them stationed along the Mexican border for no discernible reason.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/thepacketrat/status/1072894382062387200

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

Nugent was prepared, in case Trump tried to draft him:

Nooj now claims he made that up to fool the libs.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Pasty Doughboy posted:

The open border Democrats who want illegal immigrants to pour into our country for nefarious purposes, have always supported building walls and fences to keep them out!

Yes, my internal narrative makes perfect sense!

(*Moves hands like he is playing an accordion*)

Trump's position on the wall is so incoherent. We need to build it but we're already building it, the border is safer than ever but also falling apart. Mexico is going to pay for it but we need Congress to act but we have the votes so we're going to shut down the government which I want to and also don't want to do.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/dabeard/status/1073385546800615425

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Idahoant posted:

Trump's position on the wall is so incoherent. We need to build it but we're already building it, the border is safer than ever but also falling apart. Mexico is going to pay for it but we need Congress to act but we have the votes so we're going to shut down the government which I want to and also don't want to do.

:umberto:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/GStephanopoulos/status/1073361672302137344

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Gonna have some tweets

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

It reminds me of magic beans. When you hear about it and how it works your natural reaction is "no, surely it can't be that stupid I must be missing something."

and remember. it just wasn't possible for anyone to prosecute crimes like this from the years 2008-2016.

that just wouldn't have been decorous enough. the nation needed healing. and some people needed their parachutes to Billionaire Island once it was all over.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

They actually have murdered a child now, cool cool

Hague Trials. ASAP

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The guy who buys into the George Soros, Perfidious Jew mythos keeps giving the Trump Administration the benefit of the doubt and is concerned about Concerned Trolling shutting them out.

:thunk:

Anyway, my point is that, like immigration, the Trump administration isn't really worthy of the benefit of the doubt when it comes to charity-related grift and fraud. The Trump Foundation is literally under investigation right now, and there have been two years of "shady payment" stories about the inauguration before the criminal investigation was announced.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tibalt posted:

The guy who buys into the George Soros, Perfidious Jew mythos keeps giving the Trump Administration the benefit of the doubt and is concerned about Concerned Trolling shutting them out.

:thunk:

Anyway, my point is that, like immigration, the Trump administration isn't really worthy of the benefit of the doubt when it comes to charity-related grift and fraud. The Trump Foundation is literally under investigation right now, and there have been two years of "shady payment" stories about the inauguration before the criminal investigation was announced.

there's not enough evidence here to start talking about "giving trump the benefit of the doubt" and that is a stupid loving way to think. saying "assuming that trump paid the $25m for his settlement with this $25m invoice from the inauguration" with literally no evidence whatsoever besides the two numbers are the same is dumb" is not giving trump the benefit of the doubt. that's just looking at the evidence presented and saying its nonexistent.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

we all knew this was going to happen sooner or later

god drat motherfuckers, they will pay for this. if not in this life, then in the next.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Every time I see this guy all I can think about is Gorgeous George

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

She died within 8 hours of being taken into custody so she was definitely already severely ill to begin with. I don’t doubt however that it was probably obvious from the start that she needed medical attention and they ignored it until she started having the seizures but by then it was too late.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

evilweasel posted:

there's not enough evidence here to start talking about "giving trump the benefit of the doubt" and that is a stupid loving way to think. saying "assuming that trump paid the $25m for his settlement with this $25m invoice from the inauguration" with literally no evidence whatsoever besides the two numbers are the same is dumb" is not giving trump the benefit of the doubt. that's just looking at the evidence presented and saying its nonexistent.

Yeah it would be silly to insist that the $25m was being used for that specific fraud in that specific way, which nobody is doing, but arguing that we should give him the benefit of the doubt that the inauguration payments weren't fraud at all and accusing him of having committed fraud for the inauguration (for which he's under investigation now) is just like accusing Soros of being a criminal, is, uh.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

evilweasel posted:

The "two numbers match" tweet got shat on two pages ago. "Paid 5x the going rate" invoices are sus as gently caress in any industry

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Samantha Bee reviewed Fox News online network called Fox Nation. It is very bad

https://youtu.be/YaHSgcGYJs4

Tomi
Starnes
Ingram

And a cooking show

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Cooking with Steve Doocy. That would be morbidly hypnotic, in a can't-look-away-from-the-crash kind of way. :psyduck:

WHY?

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Your Taint posted:

It's more likely than not Trump used someone else's money instead of his own to pay off a settlement.

There's no proof that he did, but it fits his past behavior.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

And a cooking show
how can they have a cooking show when they deport everyone who has any culture or sense of taste? Just corn on the cob with not a single speck of salt and pepper and snow-white mashed potatoes?

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Easy Diff posted:

how can they have a cooking show when they deport everyone who has any culture or sense of taste? Just corn on the cob with not a single speck of salt and pepper and snow-white mashed potatoes?

Mayonnaise is the only seasoning.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lemming posted:

Yeah it would be silly to insist that the $25m was being used for that specific fraud in that specific way, which nobody is doing, but arguing that we should give him the benefit of the doubt that the inauguration payments weren't fraud at all and accusing him of having committed fraud for the inauguration (for which he's under investigation now) is just like accusing Soros of being a criminal, is, uh.

oh it's been pretty obvious some sort of fraud happened with that money, for almost two years, that nobody should dispute

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

KickerOfMice posted:

Cooking with Steve Doocy. That would be morbidly hypnotic, in a can't-look-away-from-the-crash kind of way. :psyduck:

WHY?

My mom requested the Steve Doocy cook book for Christmas. :waycool:

I got it for her and the recipes are roughhhhh

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Milosh posted:

Take pics and post them. I want to know the full extent of his trash palate

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Milosh posted:

please share with the class

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Hague Trials. ASAP

nah. there were probably other deaths. this just one they couldn't cover up.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

i bought up my stupid fanfic idea before but exclusive network interview bullshit like should be illegal.

Also theres a timeline where Donnie definately dropped the n-word at her and maybe did the awkward WT trying to act like a koolz gangster and also called her that mispelling of bitch.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Every time I see this guy all I can think about is Gorgeous George

s-s-scrub those wrongs
f-f-for your d-d-daddy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

poo poo like this is just pathetic. like holy poo poo, your the loving president.

hope some fun poo poo comes out of this.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

friendbot2000 posted:

Take pics and post them. I want to know the full extent of his trash palate

I’m gonna make a bet that some sort of chicken, macaroni and cheese and syrup abomination is in there. I know this because I went to Applebee’s once as it was my only option at food in a small WV town, and that was on the menu.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

TulliusCicero posted:

Hague Trials. ASAP

It's absolutely horrifying, but I'm not sure if International courts can do anything. I won't pretend to know much about these things, but it comes down to something about the US not allowing extradition. There's war criminals that have walked free because they're protected as American citizens. I either heard this in Ken Burns / Lynn Novick's Vietnam War documentary, or on the Blackwater episode of The Dollop. Can't remember which.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

I read this as George Popolopodus at first and thought I was going to be watching the greatest interview of all time

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

According to a NPR thing this afternoon, we're currently holding 15,000 migrant children in detention centers across the country, and an average of 175 cross the border each day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic void nullo
May 17, 2002

https://youtu.be/YaHSgcGYJs4

Tomi
Starnes
Ingram

And a cooking show

A Chapo episode from a couple weeks ago also reviewed this, they got a subscription and binged a bit. It's hilarious. Apparently they're running a series called meet the trumps or something and the first one was, naturally, an hour long profile of Eric Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Owb1nNIcQ