Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It gave Bruce Boxleitner a job so I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

swole Sonic was already on the Internet as an obscure meme in 2014. Better hedgehogs:

https://i.imgur.com/mKjbubm.mp4
https://imgur.com/kZ1GnvV
https://imgur.com/b7fqgJY

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

This has been floating around my Twitter lately.

Not sure if it's real, but supposedly, this is before they changed the cast last year.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Edit: :argh:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

It's ok, yours is better quality. :v:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

Are you seriously bitching that his shoes are different when it's been almost two decades since he started rocking Soap shoes and they've been redesigned with every new iteration since. This is like when the Tron Legacy trailer dropped and people were complaining that the light cycles weren't making 90 degree turns when that was something straight from the original movie, people who don't actually have any knowledge of or familiarity with the thing being updated are the ones crying loudest out of some weird reflexive outrage at change.
Speaking as somebody who does have knowledge and familiarity with the thing being updated, I just have to :goonsay: that Sonic's shoes actually haven't really changed. They used the Soap Shoe design for Adventure 2 and immediately went back to the Adventure design (which was basically the classic design with a white sole) from then onward - probably in no small part due to Soap Shoes going out of business.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I'm all about TRON Legacy's soundtrack and general aesthetic, so it's a shame it's so boring story-wise. I was kinda disappointed the first time I watched it and literally nearly fell asleep the second time. At least it looked nice?

Also saw Into The Spiderverse yesterday and I found it hugely enjoyable. A treat to watch and listen to, and I say this as someone who otherwise doesn't really care all that much about comic books. I think my only gripe with it is they seemed to be setting something up with Miles' dad thinking that Spiderman was responsible for his brother's death, but nothing really comes of it. I'm kind of glad they didn't though after that scene with Prowler. :( Speaking of him, I loved the way they incorporated those creepy sounds he made into the music when he's chasing Miles.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I genuinely enjoyed the meme in the Spiderverse stinger.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

He’s so nude

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

starkebn posted:

Y'all weird about a game character

I don’t even really like Sonic all that much, and even I can tell this poo poo is bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Not sure if it's real, but supposedly, this is before they changed the cast last year.

If this is real then that actually doesn't look bad. And if that's how he looks goddamn do the two posters do a poo poo job of showing that.

But if that's the real design then I'm okay with it, as someone who praises Sonic's normal character design as being one of the best around, this doesn't butcher it as much as the other two posters make it seem

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Apparently. Oh well. You win some and lose some.

It's SA, CD in particular, no one's going to think someone's kidding for defending something everyone is roundly mocking for the sake of contrariness.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's SA, CD in particular, no one's going to think someone's kidding for defending something everyone is roundly mocking for the sake of contrariness.

I wasn't even defending it, I called it an abomination in the text, but I guess I wrote it a bit more verbosely, I was trying to mimick a snobbish art critic, but like I said, not a big deal, the joke didn't catch so I moved on.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ThermoPhysical posted:

I could see it as being an early mock-up as a proof of concept early in production, especially since Sonic appears to have three legs in that poster. I wouldn't hold out hopes for it though, since the proportions seem significantly different from the other posters.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Macaluso posted:

If this is real then that actually doesn't look bad. And if that's how he looks goddamn do the two posters do a poo poo job of showing that.

But if that's the real design then I'm okay with it, as someone who praises Sonic's normal character design as being one of the best around, this doesn't butcher it as much as the other two posters make it seem

Yeah, this looks alright. Even if the face reminds me too much of that Ugandan Knuckles meme.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
This movie's gonna be so goddamned terrible, I'm excited.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

This movie's gonna be so goddamned terrible, I'm excited.

What if, for just this once, it's actually really good?

I think that's a sign of the end of the world.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

ThermoPhysical posted:

What if, for just this once, it's actually really good?

Impossible: no chili dogs in sight.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

As a younger brother who perpetually had to use the second controller, Tails better be in this movie and be functionally immortal

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
But who da bad guy gonna be? Real world villain?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

hiddenriverninja posted:

As a younger brother who perpetually had to use the second controller, Tails better be in this movie and be functionally immortal

I've got some bad news

https://twitter.com/zazobusha/status/1073067838804496384

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Man I love Saturn Devouring His Son edits.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Sega Saturn Devouring His Son

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So Tails isn't going to show up until like the third movie when Blaze the Cat tricks Sonic into drinking poison causing him to vomit Tails back up along with Amy Rose, Shadow the Hedgehog, Rouge the Bat, Knuckles the Echidna, and Cream the Rabbit whom Sonic had also eaten so that they would not be a threat to his eternal cosmic reign?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Can we take a moment to appreciate how cool the Fleischer Superman cartoons are? Because they're pretty drat cool.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Spider-verse was a bit stuffed, but pretty dang good! I was really shocked that they flat out PG-kill Miles' Peter onscreen. Was really expecting them to timeskip to a take on what happened in the comics or something.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

And unlike Peter Parker from the MCU who has sequels lined-up despite getting dusted, Mile's Peter Parker is unambiguously dead. And then he meet's up with Alt-Peter-Parker who's 38, living like a slob, out-of-shape, and divorced. Alt-Peter gets better but Mile's Peter is gone. Maybe in a sequel his Aunt May and MJ will get closure because this movie is packed enough.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Spider Verse was pretty good. I might argue it could've been a smidge longer. It picks up steam really fast and just steamrolls to the end without a second to breathe or really reflect. Which is fine, it works, but some major events happen and they just gloss over real quick.

I wonder for a sequel if they'll stick to the multi-verse kick and maybe bring in some other Spider-People not shown in this movie.

Post credit scene question:

Who voiced Spider Man 2099? Sounded again like Chris Pine, but wasn't sure.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Harlock posted:

Post credit scene question:

Who voiced Spider Man 2099? Sounded again like Chris Pine, but wasn't sure.

Sounds like Oscar Isaac to me.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shaocaholica posted:

But who da bad guy gonna be? Real world villain?

Jim Carrey's already been cast as Robotnik.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Larryb posted:

Jim Carrey's already been cast as Robotnik.

Which is very disappointing. He'll just be angry Grinch or basically the Riddler all over again.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Which is very disappointing. He'll just be angry Grinch or basically the Riddler all over again.

What if he goes Eternal Sunshine robotnik

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Maybe they'll CG Robotnik as well.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my money's on eggman having a sympathetic backstory

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

My bet is on Archie comics backstory with Kintobor having an accident that caused him to go insane.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Yeah he's just gonna do that thing he does with his face and neck but with a Robotnik mustache

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I hope they put in a mecha sonic that's right out of michael bays transformers.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Nah, a mecha Sonic that's straight out of the Dreamcast games, stylization and all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Looper posted:

What are you talking about? Eggman is already sympathetic: he really wants to build theme parks and blowup up a smartass hedgehog, how is that not relatable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I also hate chili dogs