Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

The Narrator posted:

I'm trying to knock out SASOs for the legacy maps to get the black suit. Bangkok loving sucks for SASO - Morgan is trivial (just sprint straight to the kitchen and poison his plate, he'll be dead in it feels about a minute), then getting to Cross was a real pain - you're pretty much limited to one route to get up there it seems, and even that comes with a lot of dodging and clearing out rooms that's frustrating rather than fun. Morocco has the same insanely easy kill for Zaydan, but getting into the embassy felt more like a rewarding puzzle than hotel hell.

Colorado also sucks, but that's mainly because I got all the way through it before being told I didn't get SA. I thought it was my last hit on Graves (used the chandelier and thought I might've been spotted), but apparently it wasn't (reloaded and did it a different way), so I don't know when it would've happened!

Thinking I'll just try and fill out mastery for Colorado before I attempt it again. At least Hokkaido is much easier...

For Bangkok SASO, even on master, I still recommend a slightly different route: doing the cake kill instead of going all the way to the recording studio. Poison Morgan, steal the cake topper (quite tricky), go over the roof and enter the party room. Find your moment to place cake topper. When Jordan is alone, kill. I would recommend saving after crossing the roof and before placing the topper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

If you make a contract on PC can your scrub friends who have ps4 play it?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So a new Escalation is out, The Aelwyn Augment on Sgail. You'll probably enjoy this one if you liked The Corky Commotion.

You start in the cells near the interrogation in your suit. You cannot change outfits and your only loadout item is a Silverballer MkII. From here you must sneak into the kitchens, retrieve a fish, and knock out first one chef, then him and 5 total civilians, then 10 total civilians. On the third level you also cannot drop the fish.

Important note for the final level: While you may not drop the fish, and thus also not thrown KO with it, you ARE permitted to holster it and pick up and use other items. That means you can do bullet and thrown distractions all you like. You can also freely KO guards, they just won't count toward the total. The first 6 civilians are trivial, as there's four in the kitchen and two in the storage room. The remaining 4 KOs will take some thinking, on top of swift execution to finish up fast.

Very quick, very funny Escalation. Easily done in a minute or less until the final level.

Zaffy posted:

If you make a contract on PC can your scrub friends who have ps4 play it?
No, but they can remake it I guess. Or it can get featured!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Bring 2 poisons and you don't even need to hang around to push Cross, that's how I did my Master SASO run.

Oh by the way, there's a fun surprise on Bangkok Master for suit only runs. Don't click this unless you want to ruin the surprise for yourself! All the exits are guarded and in trespassing zones.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Bogart posted:

Marrakesh is silly as hell because you can just poison some food, turn on a radio, wait ten minutes, and half the mission's done.

This is the same for Bangkok except if you're fast enough you only have to wait 2 minutes.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm working my way through the Sniper Assassin map to mop up the last trophies I need for the game. How do these multiplier bonuses work for completing challenges? Do they only apply to the run that you unlocked the challenge on, or do you get that bonus forever after you unlocked it for every subsequent run?

Right now getting 1,000,000 points in a run seems hard as gently caress, but I also haven't done an SA run yet. I wish you could save during the mission because a lot of challenges literally involve waiting 10 minutes before doing anything. Also it seems to take a ton of points to go up a single rank, would be nice if unlocking challenges boosted that a ton like in the main game.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Ripper Swarm posted:

Bring 2 poisons and you don't even need to hang around to push Cross, that's how I did my Master SASO run.

Oh by the way, there's a fun surprise on Bangkok Master for suit only runs. Don't click this unless you want to ruin the surprise for yourself! All the exits are guarded and in trespassing zones.

This was a legitimately funny surprise, though - the boat was the only exit I'd taken up to that point, so it was pretty horrifying to finally pull off the Jordan kill and then find my exit guarded. Thankfully, the basement exit is pretty simple if you can coin the guard directly guarding the exit door (and also don't blunder straight into the camera).

I think Hokkaido had my favorite master SASO surprises, with all the "gently caress you" cameras hidden at entrances to stairwells

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
master features cameras in sane and reasonable spots, covering most stairwells and exits. it sucks!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
The best part is they aren't coating the entire map with more cameras, just areas that make sense. GAMA is plastered in cameras but the public spaces are entirely camera-free. The embassy has more cameras in service access areas but the school still doesn't have a single one.

Very good, very legal!

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Jim, stop dancing, this is serious

doctor iono posted:

This was a legitimately funny surprise, though - the boat was the only exit I'd taken up to that point, so it was pretty horrifying to finally pull off the Jordan kill and then find my exit guarded. Thankfully, the basement exit is pretty simple if you can coin the guard directly guarding the exit door (and also don't blunder straight into the camera).

Also if you shoot the camera there's a real good chance an NPC from the floor above will come down to investigate while you're waiting for the perfect moment to soda can the guard in front of the exit and since you're so transfixed on getting the timing right there's an even bigger chance you won't notice this NPC walking up behind you and aaaaaargh now I have to wait one hundred years again for that dick in the birthday room to drink his wine so I can poison this cake.

I can laugh now that it's all over. I never tried SASO runs in Hitman 1 and I'm finding it's some of the most tense fun you can have in these games. I'm trying not to look up Youtube walkthroughs but some of these levels (Colorado, Sgail) seem too intimidating not to.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Cojawfee posted:

Tuppence a wish is actually super easy. I don't know why everyone seems to think it's from bouncing coins off the mirror and onto the three rocks. You get it from bouncing 13 coins off the mirror and then they have to make their way into the water. I started the level with 9 coins (standard coins, outstanding coin, and the coins from completing one of the classics), and then grabbed three from the laundry room, and 4 from room 207. I ran up to the mirror and bounced 13 coins off the mirror and into the water. Unlocked first try after I actually knew what I was really supposed to do.
I tried this in Hitman 2016 and I 100% guarantee you that it worked. The simple reason is that I did it with fewer than 13 coins (I only had 11). However, I did it in Hitman 2 by bouncing 13 coins off the mirror into the water. My speculation is that they either changed it or that it was always possible to do it both ways. They changed the physics of the coins for Hitman 2 which makes it next to impossible to bounce the coins off the mirror onto the stones.

Simply put, I'm not going to install Hitman 2016 to try both methods with additional accounts or whatever, because gently caress that. It's super easy to do it in Hitman 2 by bouncing 13 coins off the mirror into the water and that is really everything anybody needs to know about it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I knocked out exactly 10 people in this run of The Aelwin Augment (Lv3). The first one you can probably figure out, but I guarantee you can't guess the tenth.
  • No Guard KOs, and exactly 10 civilians KO'd with no extras.
  • Unconventional route: Do not even enter the kitchen, except the freezer.
  • Unconventional target selection: Finley Henry is the only guy anywhere near the kitchen who gets KO'd.
  • Unconventional exit: Tower helipad.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nakar posted:

No, but they can remake it I guess. Or it can get featured!

Oh, drat, I'll have to include in future contracts that I have the bad/wrong version of the game.

I guess I assumed the kill contract code was a universal password to it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Lollerich posted:

I tried this in Hitman 2016 and I 100% guarantee you that it worked. The simple reason is that I did it with fewer than 13 coins (I only had 11). However, I did it in Hitman 2 by bouncing 13 coins off the mirror into the water. My speculation is that they either changed it or that it was always possible to do it both ways. They changed the physics of the coins for Hitman 2 which makes it next to impossible to bounce the coins off the mirror onto the stones.

Simply put, I'm not going to install Hitman 2016 to try both methods with additional accounts or whatever, because gently caress that. It's super easy to do it in Hitman 2 by bouncing 13 coins off the mirror into the water and that is really everything anybody needs to know about it.

I'm not saying it wasn't possible. It's just stupid that it seems to be the only way anyone explains how to do it when the 13 coins is so much easier.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, drat, I'll have to include in future contracts that I have the bad/wrong version of the game.

I guess I assumed the kill contract code was a universal password to it.
You can tell by the first number in the code: 1 is PC, 2 is PS4, 3 is XBO. The second number is the code for the specific map it's on.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Amazing Nakar. Watching pro strats on Hitman games is always electrifying. And it definitely pushes me to up my own game!

(Can I knock out the Constant? Do I dare??)

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Ripper Swarm posted:

You can also shoot out one of the lights suspended above the restaurant area to take out Ken Morgan as you're walking through it, allowing you to free up one slot otherwise filled with poison.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

mary had a little clam posted:

Amazing Nakar. Watching pro strats on Hitman games is always electrifying. And it definitely pushes me to up my own game!

(Can I knock out the Constant? Do I dare??)
I tried to find him and I'm not sure he even exists on the escalation.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It took all day and a bunch of slogging through the painfully slow Xbone UI, but I was able to get Hitman S1 for free in Hitman 2 via gamepass.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The punch-instead-of-strangle bug on uneven terrain is really starting to piss me off.
Come the gently caress on, just add some leniency there for fucks sake.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

The punch-instead-of-strangle bug on uneven terrain is really starting to piss me off.
Come the gently caress on, just add some leniency there for fucks sake.

Especially because strangling is quiet, while they're always noticed when you punch them. Just make 47 give 'em a great opening punch and be quiet.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmazUv-4mI

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ok, i will take three guesses and say you knocked out one of:

a) the constant
b) constantin, the constant's butler
c) jebediah block

e: on whittleton creek there's a black guy called spencer "the hammer" green, he's one of cassidy's bodyguards. for some reason you can take his disguise, which acts as a super suit for cassidy's house. i'm not sure why nobody notices that the guy wearing those clothes is no longer black, but it works.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 14, 2018

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

where the red fern gropes posted:

i'm not sure why nobody notices that the guy wearing those clothes is no longer black
Because they're not racist. :colbert:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yeah but the danish are and I'm gonna get loud about it every time I put on a construction site security uniform and traipse in the mud with a bunch of brown dudes I have a solid foot of height on.

Imma just leave this here again

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

loving Danish people, they're all racists.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

loving Danish people, they're all racists.

Polonius was a liar right from the get go.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

how the hell does the church bell not count as a "falling object"?!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Bonus Missions from Hitman 1 are extremely good. Never played them the first time through. There's so much content in these games it's insane.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

where the red fern gropes posted:

e: on whittleton creek there's a black guy called spencer "the hammer" green, he's one of cassidy's bodyguards. for some reason you can take his disguise, which acts as a super suit for cassidy's house. i'm not sure why nobody notices that the guy wearing those clothes is no longer black, but it works.

Everyone on the detail takes turns getting to be the hammer.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Does anyone know what the joint is for on Whittleton Creek? I know you can place it on the table in Batty's back yard but he doesn't ever go near it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It seems like I can only ever find a joint or a place to put a join on each map, never both.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

double nine posted:

how the hell does the church bell not count as a "falling object"?!
Special or scripted kill conditions are genericized to Any Method. I complained about this in Season One (along with incinerators/shredders not counting as kill methods), and they of course didn't do anything about it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Discendo Vox posted:

Bangkok is secretly worst map in the 2016 game. The layout problems of Marrakesh, the script glitches of Colorado, and the buggy detection, poor ET design and head-turning all of its own.

OK, glibness aside, I do think Bangkok is worst, and the layout's a big function of it. It turns out there are very good reasons why the "hotel mission" was never actually very good as a hitman setting- the extreme subdivision of the tower layout causes problems for zone assignment and routing.

Idk if it's an inherent function of hotels but the Cross wing is tiny, crawling with enforcers, and has only like one good shortcut that's hard to get through. Is there even any other way to get Cross SO other than sneaking up that pipe to the back?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

StashAugustine posted:

Idk if it's an inherent function of hotels but the Cross wing is tiny, crawling with enforcers, and has only like one good shortcut that's hard to get through. Is there even any other way to get Cross SO other than sneaking up that pipe to the back?

Like everyone has said in the last page, the birthday cake. Nabbing the 27 and placing it are very easy to do on both Pro and Master, it's just a case of paying attention to head turning.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Here's some more contracts. First, a sillyish one:

Moyer, the Mole (Miami): 1-11-0460779-02

TARGETS: See the map. Two may be killed by Any Method, three by any Accident. No disguise restrictions. Most of the targets are pretty easy to isolate and the one that isn't has some other ways to get at him.
COMPLICATIONS: None.
NOTES: Miami sometimes seems as though it has more accident opportunities than any map in the series. Some of these targets are just seconds away from multiple accidents.

The next two are similar in their gimmick: Three targets in separate trespassing areas that you can start in, with No Disguise Changes. You can go Suit Only if you wish, or pick among the accessible starts to get a better crack at one of the targets. Whatever the case, you'll be trespassing in two of the three areas; which ones are your choice. Do beware, however, as all targets are enforcers even if you're in the right disguise.

Two-And-A-Half Infiltrations (Mumbai): 1-13-3228106-02

TARGETS: Three with no kill/disguise restrictions. One is in Rangan's tower, one is in the Crow's Nest, and one is in Vanya Shah's trainyard. None of them are isolated, but killing them safely isn't too difficult.
COMPLICATIONS: No Disguise Changes.
NOTES: I found this one the easier of the two, but it might also be the harder of the two to refine down to a really lean time due to Mumbai's size.

Tread On The Trodden (Colombia): 1-12-7596969-02

TARGETS: Three with no kill/disguise restrictions. One is in the open shed near the helipad, one is in Rico Delgado's bedroom, and one is in the middle of the construction site.
COMPLICATIONS: No Disguise Changes.
NOTES: This is the more difficult of the two but I think it has a ton of potential for developing a lightning-fast routing. Mansion Staff is probably the easiest of the three undercover starts, but has to do the most walking due to starting in the center. Two of the three locations have a very close exit, but the construction site kinda doesn't.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Eh, what are you doing? The session's in here, man. Don't go wandering around my house.

Eh, what are you doing? The session's in here, man. Don't go wandering around my house.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Random fun fact somebody pointed out to me tonight: There's two fake garbage guys on the porch in one of the Whittleton Creek backyards, one lying down and one leaning over the railing. If you just straight up shoot the guy leaning, there is about a 90% chance the guy lying down won't notice, despite the fact he's clearly looking straight at him. So uh... that's interesting.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I finally got all the classics for season 1. Hello black suit! After slamming my head against Colorado, Hokkaido was a nice chill time - SASO'd it on first go. Did the heart kill and tried the sauna kill, but turning up the heat just straight up kills the guys in there. I ended up having to cheese it - knock out the "can I get some privacy" guy, separate Yamazuki from her bodyguard so I can knock her out, drag her into the toilet and snap her neck. I didn't realise that only Yamazuki counts for Sniper Assassin, so I methodically knocked out all the surgeons and all the doctors/security I the observation rooms so I could shoot Soders in his drat head. I found it pretty hilarious that KAI runs diagnostics to determine a cause of death (and likewise, imagining the immediate aftermath of 30 people waking up from being knocked out to find their patient dead from a high-powered rifle). I'd also never heard KAI's "3/4 ounce" line before - that's neat.

I still haven't played Sgail... guess that's next up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

The Narrator posted:

I finally got all the classics for season 1. Hello black suit! After slamming my head against Colorado, Hokkaido was a nice chill time - SASO'd it on first go. Did the heart kill and tried the sauna kill, but turning up the heat just straight up kills the guys in there. I ended up having to cheese it - knock out the "can I get some privacy" guy, separate Yamazuki from her bodyguard so I can knock her out, drag her into the toilet and snap her neck. I didn't realise that only Yamazuki counts for Sniper Assassin, so I methodically knocked out all the surgeons and all the doctors/security I the observation rooms so I could shoot Soders in his drat head. I found it pretty hilarious that KAI runs diagnostics to determine a cause of death (and likewise, imagining the immediate aftermath of 30 people waking up from being knocked out to find their patient dead from a high-powered rifle). I'd also never heard KAI's "3/4 ounce" line before - that's neat.

I still haven't played Sgail... guess that's next up

The sauna killing the guys inside seems to be related to reloading. It should work normally if you do it in one straight run without loading.