Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Substandard posted:

But I need the red veil sigil to counteract the rep loss for Steel Meridian from doing the new loka missions, so I can't really do that.

the idea is to abandon either veil or meridian. left three or right three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

ianmacdo posted:

There are so many things in the dojo, what are some good sub 8 mastery blueprints I should buy?

Here's a list of <8 weapons, I'm not sure which ones come from the dojo and which ones come from the market, some are primes.

Primary: Hek, Dread (Stalker drop, but very common), Kohm, Soma (Soma Prime is currently unvaulted, try to get it while you still can), Baza, Sobek, Tigris, Zarr (requires Drakgoon, Kuva)

Secondary: Atomos, Stubba, Lex Prime

Melee: Guandao, Jat Kittag, Krohkur, Dakra Prime (currently unvaulted), Destreza, Dual Keres, Hirudo, Dragon Nikana (requires Nikana)

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

ianmacdo posted:

There are so many things in the dojo, what are some good sub 8 mastery blueprints I should buy?

Seconding Baza.

Paracyst is a giant lobster gun. Sydon is a neon trident.

I like my Nukor but thats mostly the "oooo" thing it does.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

And Tyler Too! posted:

Here's a list of <8 weapons, I'm not sure which ones come from the dojo and which ones come from the market, some are primes.

Primary: Hek, Dread (Stalker drop, but very common), Kohm, Soma (Soma Prime is currently unvaulted, try to get it while you still can), Baza, Sobek, Tigris, Zarr (requires Drakgoon, Kuva)

Secondary: Atomos, Stubba, Lex Prime

Melee: Guandao, Jat Kittag, Krohkur, Dakra Prime (currently unvaulted), Destreza, Dual Keres, Hirudo, Dragon Nikana (requires Nikana)

The Hirudo is kind of like cheating and if you aren't making zaws yet it will serve you very very well. Plus you get to do that super rad rolling kick with it, catapulting enemies across large tiles.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Stubba is really neat, but I've already got too many secondaries I love, and now I don't really know what to do with this thing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hey I got a booster pack voucher code through PS4 can I share those and does anyone want it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

On Switch I got a login reward for X% off a single purchase instead of X% off plat.

Does that happen on PC as well? I've never seen it before.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Inzombiac posted:

On Switch I got a login reward for X% off a single purchase instead of X% off plat.

Does that happen on PC as well? I've never seen it before.

Nah, consoles get percent off a purchase vs the percent off buying plat that PC does.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

HundredBears posted:

The wiki tends to be best for that sort of information. It will tell you drop chance and rotation, both of which are nice to know when farming something. For Serration, though, the highest drop chance is in the clan dojo. People have plenty of the basic damage/multishot/elemental damage/critical chance/critical damage mods lying around, so just ask for them in chat and be sure to have a few thousand credits for each mod that you need so that you can afford the trade tax.

In addition, this tool is very handy: https://dropchance.guru/?percent=3.5

I discovered it halfway through writing a probability script in anydice, because I'm a loving nerd. :v:

animist
Aug 28, 2018
are there any good missions to farm credits at low level? I'm mastery 4, just got to jupiter.

(also, does using the vectis prime from twitch make you a scrub? asking for a friend)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

animist posted:

are there any good missions to farm credits at low level? I'm mastery 4, just got to jupiter.

(also, does using the vectis prime from twitch make you a scrub? asking for a friend)

Seimeni, on Ceres, is the fastest / easiest way to earn credits until you get access to the Index on Neptune, which pays out literally ten times as much in about the same time.

The Vectis Prime is a very solid sniper rifle, held back only by the fact that sniper rifles are extremely specialized tools and most of the time massive single-target damage is not what Warframe asks of you. I like it for open world stuff, though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Are you ready to face the council?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

animist posted:

Doing either of the Dark Sector missions on Ceres (Gabii or Seimeni) will give you 20k credits for a completion. Do 5 minutes/waves, leave, repeat if necessary.

Once you have 50k, ask goons to give you a ride to the Index.

efb

animist
Aug 28, 2018

ClonedPickle posted:

Doing either of the Dark Sector missions on Ceres (Gabii or Seimeni) will give you 20k credits for a completion. Do 5 minutes/waves, leave, repeat if necessary.

Once you have 50k, ask goons to give you a ride to the Index.

efb

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Seimeni, on Ceres, is the fastest / easiest way to earn credits until you get access to the Index on Neptune, which pays out literally ten times as much in about the same time.

The Vectis Prime is a very solid sniper rifle, held back only by the fact that sniper rifles are extremely specialized tools and most of the time massive single-target damage is not what Warframe asks of you. I like it for open world stuff, though.

ty, will do

and yeah that sounds about right. i've found quickscoping with it makes it passable for clearing out crowds, but it's not the most convenient.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are a lot of tiles you can climb high in and then snipe or bombard at your leisure. nova and zephyr are both good at this, since they can both zip to otherwise unreachable spots and apply long-lasting defensive buffs that don't work so well at short range. it's not exactly necessary or optimal, but it can be fun sometimes.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there are a lot of tiles you can climb high in and then snipe or bombard at your leisure. nova and zephyr are both good at this, since they can both zip to otherwise unreachable spots and apply long-lasting defensive buffs that don't work so well at short range. it's not exactly necessary or optimal, but it can be fun sometimes.

Plus Zephyr's 3 augment for more projectile speed makes bombardment even better. I love floating around above the plains/orb and raining Phantasma altfire on the lowly peons below me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MR 19's been a slog. I've been leveling weapons I don't enjoy just to get them off the to-do list.

Sandweed posted:

Are you ready to face the council?

Burr aye!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I've got my 100 day reward coming up today. I know there's a choice but have no idea which the right one would be.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Radio Paranoia posted:

I've got my 100 day reward coming up today. I know there's a choice but have no idea which the right one would be.

Pick the pizza sword: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=489318793

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

In addition, this tool is very handy: https://dropchance.guru/?percent=3.5

I discovered it halfway through writing a probability script in anydice, because I'm a loving nerd. :v:

I plugged in the 0.02% for Condition Overload. I made myself very sad.

I spent almost 3 hours doing survivals on Uranus with Nekros Prime trying to get that.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

For pure fun factor, the Kohn and Baza are very, very fun guns.

Kohn you just hold down the trigger and run at things screaming like you're Doom Guy.

Baza is kinda like the Vector from old Blops games, inherently silent, high ROF headshot machine.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I got Hirudo out of the oven last night.

My Inaros is now truly immortal.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Just got my hands on the Soma prime. Yes, I don't have the mods I need to make it really work, and it's massively outclassed by my Lenz and Arca, but gosh darn it I'm enjoying actually aiming at things again.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hobold posted:

I plugged in the 0.02% for Condition Overload. I made myself very sad.

I spent almost 3 hours doing survivals on Uranus with Nekros Prime trying to get that.

Somehow it's 50 plat on warframe.market and it seems like you'd get it for free a hundred times faster by grinding just about any one single tradeable commodity and trading till you amass that plat.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Teal posted:

Somehow it's 50 plat on warframe.market and it seems like you'd get it for free a hundred times faster by grinding just about any one single tradeable commodity and trading till you amass that plat.

Because it's a gimmick mod at best and there's so much poo poo that kills fast anyways that people don't care that much about it

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Inzombiac posted:

POST WAR WITHIN
If the frames are just RC suits that the Operator pilots, why are they gendered?
Are the modeled after "Hero" Tenno from before the awakening?
Like, was Saryn a real person and now we are cosplaying as her?

something that has bugged me for a few days

I don't like Mesa Prime, and I say that as a "normal" Mesa main who forma'd her 6 times, and I think that's because she is too human

all the other frames are obviously transhuman, and even my girl strives - but closely fails - with her yellow bandana to seem human

Mesa Prime looks like she's a human cosplaying a Warframe, like she's a Socialframe

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
honestly i like mesa prime a tad bit but do feel both versions are out of place compared to other frames.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Baro has a rug today. It is the most important item he has ever brought. Then there's far worse things like Primed Flow and Prisma Twin Gremlins.

Rug.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Spuckuk posted:

I got Hirudo out of the oven last night.

My Inaros is now truly immortal.

:hai:

Doing Mot runs with that combo is a great way to kill a few hours until you get bored.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Naturally Selected posted:

Because it's a gimmick mod at best and there's so much poo poo that kills fast anyways that people don't care that much about it

You have to consider that basically every single melee build is a gimmick abusing overpowered mods at higher levels

maiming strike is even more of a gimmick than CO, both in mechanics and play style.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Maiming strike is literally just "this mod makes slide attacks do quad damage" :v:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Man, I wish the K-drive didn't steer with both sticks. I just can't shake the habit of moving the camera to check where I'm about to land, and it fucks me up every time.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

njsykora posted:

Baro has a rug today. It is the most important item he has ever brought. Then there's far worse things like Primed Flow and Prisma Twin Gremlins.

Rug.

I'm going to need a lot of credits for all the rugs I want to purchase

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

I have only just begun with the rugs. Prisma Twin Gremlins can wait. There will be a lot of these in my orbiter before the weekend is over.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Hobold posted:

Stubba is really neat, but I've already got too many secondaries I love, and now I don't really know what to do with this thing.

You have a ready made viral (the best damage type) and fire rate mod for one of the best guns and you don't know what to do with it?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

wiegieman posted:

You have a ready made viral (the best damage type) and fire rate mod for one of the best guns and you don't know what to do with it?

Is Viral the best damage type? I've been operating under the assumption that I wanted mostly corrosive.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Viral is extremely strong when when running 4x corpro or other consistent armor-stripping, due to both the strength of its proc and the damage bonus against Cloned Flesh and Flesh. It's not the best damage type against against the infested, but it can make a reasonable claim to the top spot against every other faction when you don't have to deal with armor.

HundredBears fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 14, 2018

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Substandard posted:

Is Viral the best damage type? I've been operating under the assumption that I wanted mostly corrosive.

As with many build-related things in Warframe, It Depends.

First, halving enemy health with viral procs is never a bad thing. If you don't have to deal with armor, then viral is very very good because does a ton of bonus damage to both Corpus and Grineer flesh types.

Even when you do have armor to take into consideration, it can also be quite good on weapons that have a habit of kicking out loads of slash procs (either naturally or via Hunter Munitions), since slash procs ignore armor and halving enemy health is extra good in that situation.

Not every weapon can do that, though (or may require sacrificing something else in the build), so defaulting to corrosive is not a bad reflex to have.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
An important thing about viral is also that you can also get radiation while using it, which is really good against most grineer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Which of Baro's mods are most important this week?