Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hoo doggy I know it's STDH from some religious grandma and all but "If you hear voices in your head telling you to do something you don't want to do, just give in because it's God's plan!" is a BAD BAD BAD MORAL :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Danaru posted:

Hoo doggy I know it's STDH from some religious grandma and all but "If you hear voices in your head telling you to do something you don't want to do, just give in because it's God's plan!" is a BAD BAD BAD MORAL :whitewater:

CHILLS

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

that's the meds wearing off

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

"Look officer, I didn't want to go on that tri-state killing spree, but after God told me to, well, you just can't say 'no' to the Lord after 37 times. You have to believe me, he spoke to me through that dog right over there!"

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

it says he prayed to any god though, how do we know it wasn't like anubis who told her to do the handstand

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

it says he prayed to any god though, how do we know it wasn't like anubis who told her to do the handstand

It was. He was really backed up that day and didn’t have time for another dead person.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

"Look officer, I didn't want to go on that tri-state killing spree, but after God told me to, well, you just can't say 'no' to the Lord after 37 times. You have to believe me, he spoke to me through that dog right over there!"

Well duh, dog is god backwards :smugdog:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I asked in the AUG thread, but it's also relevant here:

Does anyone remember the name of the girl who claimed to have been present at, and/or invented or wrote every popular song or book in the last 30-40 years despite being in her early 20s? She was particularly obsessed with Evanescence and Micheal Hutchence if I remember rightly?

Sorry for the stupid question.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't that kind of thing super common for schizophrenics?

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

I asked in the AUG thread, but it's also relevant here:

Does anyone remember the name of the girl who claimed to have been present at, and/or invented or wrote every popular song or book in the last 30-40 years despite being in her early 20s? She was particularly obsessed with Evanescence and Micheal Hutchence if I remember rightly?

Sorry for the stupid question.

It's either https://realamylee.wordpress.com/ or there's more than one crazy out there,

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

She also claims to have invented components of the first website. https://crosstalk.kinja.com/amy-lee-diary-of-a-compulsive-liar-a-case-study-in-1466912889

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Here's another parody of that which gets me every time

Please let's not forget that this classic stdh was made into a full length Christian film (sadly the original version, not the grizzly one)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It ends with the professor converting as he lays mortally wounded from a car accident

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It ends with the professor converting as he lays mortally wounded from a car accident

*sigh* just like Darwin

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Non Serviam posted:

Please let's not forget that this classic stdh was made into a two full length Christian films (sadly the original version, not the grizzly one)
Don't forget, there was a sequel!

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

hyperhazard posted:

Don't forget, there was a sequel!

Oh God... I didn't know that

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There’s three now.

In two, a high school history teacher goes to court for saying that (the Reverend) Martin Luther King Jr (of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference) was inspired by Jesus. Yes, a local judge in loving Arkansas is an anti-christian radical. A key witness is an “expert” christian and everyone is SHOCKED that they used to be an atheist. The jury decides for GOD of course. There’s a side plot where a pastor tells a college student about Jesus and ends up getting arrested for being christian, one where the student (an ASIAN) has to defend his new christianity to his (very ASIAN COMMUNIST) father, and one where a liberal blogger prays her cancer away and learns to blog about god instead.

In 3, the pastor gets out of jail but Big Liberal Academia now wants to shut down his church, which is on a campus for some reason, and instead use campus land for a building where students will take (presumably very atheist) classes. One of the christian characters burns to death after a protestor throws brick through a window of the church, but at the end, the pastor decides to give up and just have a church near campus for the christian students. What’s the moral? I dunno.

One thing all of them have in common that gets overshadowed is brave christian youths from scary non-white cultures stand up to their racist caricature dads and learn to be american :911:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Wow. I only knew about the sequel because it starred Melissa Joan Hart which made my inner child very sad. Can't wait for God's Not Dead 4: The cast of All That.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

hyperhazard posted:

Wow. I only knew about the sequel because it starred Melissa Joan Hart which made my inner child very sad. Can't wait for God's Not Dead 4: The cast of All That.

I can never hate the actors that act in these sorts of insane/weirdo/propaganda films, (the Atlas Shrugged films come to mind), too much. I mean it's tough being a working actor, and they have to pay their rent.

They don't necessarily believe or buy into the "Yay Jebus!" nonsense. They are just doing a job. They turn up, say the stupid words, humour the fundie nutjob behind the camera and then go home and deposit the cheque so their families can eat.

Of course, the people who make them and do buy in are a different story.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

*cough*Kevin Sorbo*cough*

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

MrUnderbridge posted:

DISAPPOINTED!!!

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
The actors in that film about Muhammed didn't even know that was what the film was about iirc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Malcolm McDowell plays Satan in some Christian film where someone sues the Devil, which is such amazing casting I'm disappointed it only happens in a movie that no doubt had a lovely script.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Skwirl posted:

Malcolm McDowell plays Satan in some Christian film where someone sues the Devil, which is such amazing casting I'm disappointed it only happens in a movie that no doubt had a lovely script.

He also plays Satan in American Satan.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

Didn't he suffer a traumatic brain injury?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Zelder posted:

Didn't he suffer a traumatic brain injury?

I thought he suffered Kull.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There’s three now.

In two, a high school history teacher goes to court for saying that (the Reverend) Martin Luther King Jr (of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference) was inspired by Jesus. Yes, a local judge in loving Arkansas is an anti-christian radical. A key witness is an “expert” christian and everyone is SHOCKED that they used to be an atheist. The jury decides for GOD of course. There’s a side plot where a pastor tells a college student about Jesus and ends up getting arrested for being christian, one where the student (an ASIAN) has to defend his new christianity to his (very ASIAN COMMUNIST) father, and one where a liberal blogger prays her cancer away and learns to blog about god instead.

In 3, the pastor gets out of jail but Big Liberal Academia now wants to shut down his church, which is on a campus for some reason, and instead use campus land for a building where students will take (presumably very atheist) classes. One of the christian characters burns to death after a protestor throws brick through a window of the church, but at the end, the pastor decides to give up and just have a church near campus for the christian students. What’s the moral? I dunno.

One thing all of them have in common that gets overshadowed is brave christian youths from scary non-white cultures stand up to their racist caricature dads and learn to be american :911:

Another subplot from the first movie was the Muslim gal who took off her headscarf when her dad wasn't around, and said dad beat her and threw her out of the house when he learned that she was listening to the Bible audiobook on her iPod. Because Christians never abuse and disown their children over issues of faith.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ZDar Fan posted:

Another subplot from the first movie was the Muslim gal who took off her headscarf when her dad wasn't around, and said dad beat her and threw her out of the house when he learned that she was listening to the Bible audiobook on her iPod. Because Christians never abuse and disown their children over issues of faith.

Also, Muslim women don't usually wear headscarves when they're alone or with just family. It's specifically for when they're in public and/or around men they aren't related to or married to. That's like showing a Jewish man wearing a Yarmulke to bed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

Also, Muslim women don't usually wear headscarves when they're alone or with just family. It's specifically for when they're in public and/or around men they aren't related to or married to. That's like showing a Jewish man wearing a Yarmulke to bed.

Their target audience doesn't know that

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ZDar Fan posted:

He sounds like a terrible father and is guilty of child abuse.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I am referring to the character in the movie and not the actor, of course.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

oldpainless posted:

I am referring to the character in the movie and not the actor, of course.

Thank you for making that clear. :thunkher:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

You’re quite welcome

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

You’re quite welcome

More like oldclueless

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There’s three now.

I loved the first two GOD'S NOT DEAD movies because I like getting drunk and watching Christian propaganda trash (I grew up very Baptist, it's a weird pastime, I know). I couldn't make it past the first, like, fifteen minutes of the third. It was actively, offensively bad and banging the Christian persecution drum so loving loud it was fit to burst.

The burning to death took place within that fifteen minutes. Also it was the one black person in the series.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) does a ton of videos on Christian persecution complex movies. I'm phone posting so I dont have a link, but god drat christians want to think they're oppressed so bad.

I think it was Last Ounce of Courage where a little girl shows the entire town a video of her soldier father being killed in Afghanistan, including a prolonged close up of his dead face, all during an elementary school christmas concert. This was portrayed as a herois thing and nobody considered showing your father's snuff film to a room full of children completely loving insane

Danaru has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Dec 16, 2018

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Danaru posted:

Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) does a ton of videos on Christian persecution complex movies. I'm phone posting so I dont have a link, but god drat christians want to think they're oppressed so bad.

I think it was Last Ounce of Courage where a little girl shows the entire town a video of her soldier father being killed in Afghanistan, including a prolonged close up of his dead face, all during an elementary school christmas concert. This was portrayed as a herois thing and nobody considered showing your father's snuff film to a room full of children completely loving insane

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuI7ruqihRHx9VAhVRgEhN7HfYwMWnl01

They’re all good reviews. The one thing I remember hearing about God’s Not Dead 3 was that the black pastor actually called out the white Christian persecution complex, basically telling him not to whine to a black pastor in the Deep South about his church being threatened. I was kind of looking forward to that scene.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I can believe this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It still makes me angry that they can't tell the story without also telling us how much they laughed