Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Bobulus posted:

The only down side to a community college can be that the classes might not be up to the quality of the college you are looking at. Credits might not transfer, depending. Usually electives and stuff are fine, but inside your major is iffy. I went to a community college in the summer while going to regular college to get electives out of the way at a cheaper rate, and ended up with like three good classes and one archaeology class where the teacher was an ex-truck driver who didn't believe in evolution and told us about some guy in japan and psychic water. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto

So why you’re basically saying is that Community is a documentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

The Macaroni posted:

Like I said, nothing wrong with community college--depending on the CC in question. I'm still readjusting my mentality because I now live in a place with a really great CC, but two years ago I lived in a place where the CC was basically highschool+ despite high tuition and cost of living. I'm still adjusting overall from the notion of "I have to get my kid out of this region as soon as possible" to "Hey, there are affordable educational and residential options in this area that don't suck."

My kid's tech stuff at school has covered (all at a basic level) typing, Internet literacy, Logo/coding, video editing, Power Point, and if we want to stretch to science stuff, basic circuitry. Not bad for a young kid. At her previous school the tech curriculum was basically "Look up words at dictionary.com, then watch some YouTube Kids videos."

Why the gently caress would you inflict Powerpoint on a 3rd grader?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

K you cool dude. Nobody gives a poo poo. Projection is a real thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Who objects to either of those phrases?

Also listening to christmas music at this time of year is clear indication of being booj because everyone else has it jammed down their goddamn throat at work for weeks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OwlFancier posted:

Also listening to christmas music at this time of year is clear indication of being booj because everyone else has it jammed down their goddamn throat at work for weeks.

It's probabyl related to that PETA thing that Kent State Gun Girl made some deal about

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

OwlFancier posted:

theflyingorc posted:

PETA tweeted this:
https://twitter.com/peta/status/1070066047414345729

Which is obviously extremely stupid, so every dumb person is lining up to dunk on them.

Again, PETA does not actually believe this, they constantly do dumb things so you'll talk about how dumb they are.

Crosspost to answer your question.

And yeah. This person probably bitched purposeful animal reference that the mall played xmas music the day before Thanksgiving. But tell me I CANT!?! gonna listen to rapie songs to own the libs

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

It's probabyl related to that PETA thing that Kent State Gun Girl made some deal about

Who*?

*dont aanswer, the fact that this thread and other similar threads havent posted her reply to PETA's stupid thing is a decent barometer for her irrevelence.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Protip, when using an organizatiom's statement to decry the left it is usually a good idea to check whether or not the left also thinks they are batshit crazy

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

A Charlie Brown Christmas: famously a movie about how the True Meaning Of Christmas is tied up in corporatized pop culture and the banal exploitation of nostalgia.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Protip, when using an organizatiom's statement to decry the left it is usually a good idea to check whether or not the left also thinks they are batshit crazy

Like they'd ever bother to make that distinction :rolleyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was gonna say I dunno that PETA is really an organ of left wing thought as much as they're like mormons for animals.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Bombadilillo posted:

Crosspost to answer your question.

And yeah. This person probably bitched purposeful animal reference that the mall played xmas music the day before Thanksgiving. But tell me I CANT!?! gonna listen to rapie songs to own the libs

If you complain that we're not rich, I will never call you a bitch, I respect you and female dogs...

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I feel slightly vindicated because I was That One Kid who pointed out that everyone was an rear end in a top hat to Rudolph right up until he turned out to be useful to them, and now it's comforting to see that jerkwads are embracing it as a powerful symbol of their own rear end in a top hat tendencies.

SimonCat posted:

Why the gently caress would you inflict Powerpoint on a 3rd grader?
In preparation for their miserable adult lives in the white-collar world. Hey, every time we teach a person not to put entire paragraphs on slides, an angel earns its wings.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
‘Hate someone until they prove themselves useful’ is pretty much the explicit message of countless ‘very special episodes’.

My fiancé is pretty fond of Little House on the Prairie. In spite of many surprisingly progressive positions the show takes on many issues, there are countless episodes centered around a town person’s unwarranted and unprovoked bigotry toward some minority individual. And those episodes are never resolved because the bigoted gently caress comes to terms with their own bigotry, but because the target of their bigotry proves themselves in some way.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I was gonna say I dunno that PETA is really an organ of left wing thought as much as they're like mormons for animals.

Peta is just kind of its own crazy thing. It wants to be associated with the left and drag the left to wherever the hell it is but let's be honest nobody really likes peta all that much.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That peta thing is ridiculous when the best variation is clearly “Get two birds stoned at once”

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

JVNO posted:

‘Hate someone until they prove themselves useful’ is pretty much the explicit message of countless ‘very special episodes’.

My fiancé is pretty fond of Little House on the Prairie. In spite of many surprisingly progressive positions the show takes on many issues, there are countless episodes centered around a town person’s unwarranted and unprovoked bigotry toward some minority individual. And those episodes are never resolved because the bigoted gently caress comes to terms with their own bigotry, but because the target of their bigotry proves themselves in some way.

If it were realistic, the minority would defiantly stand up for themselves by being just as belligerent as their attacker, but somehow it only reflects on them and the bigot's instigation will be downplayed. After the minority adopts a conciliatory tone out of self preservation, more and more of the townspeople begin expressing their concern with the lowered discourse on the part of the minority population. Eventually the minority will collectively cease their protests out of spiritual exhaustion. The bigots feel as if they lived through an important milestone for cultural change; the minority feels worthless, if they in fact survived.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

My God this is the best metaphor for PETA I've ever heard.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
"Be the test tube"? Offensive to any person that is the direct result of a medical procedure (instead of sexual intercourse).

"Feed a fed horse"? So give it weight related health problems? Cholic? Digestive difficulties?

"Bring home the bagels"? You mean stealing them from your workplace? Jean Valjean? People have Celiac disease you know.

"... one scone". I'm sensing a theme.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Really the worst part is that they rhyme scone with stone.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ring two birds with one phone, for our english vegans

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ring two birds with one phone, for our english vegans

Birds don’t have thumbs to answer the phone, you ableist scum

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Create two birds with one clone.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

Create two birds with one clone.

Offensive to IVF babies and Christians.

Read to two birds on the phone.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

nsaP posted:

I want to see your phone that can only be controlled by thumbs. I use face ID and birds have faces :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nsaP posted:

English birds do. You should stop cutting the thumbs off your birds.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pictured for reference, an average english bird circa 2018 (the one in blue)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
That's circa 1997, surely.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also """average"""

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Nope I think that is how they tend to be, thumbs and all

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Keeshhound posted:

A Charlie Brown Christmas: famously a movie about how the True Meaning Of Christmas is tied up in corporatized pop culture and the banal exploitation of nostalgia.

Charlie Brown at one point actually reads from the Bible, which is of course the most lib-triggering thing you can do.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Blue can't see past his nose on any loving issue.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Marco Rubio or blue?

E: stealth edit or my blindness? you decide

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Marco Rubio or blue?

E: stealth edit or my blindness? you decide

Stealth motherfucker!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

OwlFancier posted:

English birds do. You should stop cutting the thumbs off your birds.

this gives your username a whole other meaning

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Love me birds with a good parabolic face.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Dr Christmas posted:

Charlie Brown at one point actually reads from the Bible, which is of course the most lib-triggering thing you can do.

I love that movie but I am always amazed at how many people think it is a liberal triggering Christian movie.

1) Charlie Brown gets upset because he cannot find any joy in the holiday so he is put in charge of the Christmas play.
2) All of the kids are being douchebags so he still feels like poo poo because all that anyone cares about are presents and being the best.
3) He chooses a small, intimate tree but is mocked for it because the other kids are still douches.
4) Charlie Brown wants to know why every is being a douche and if they even know why they are doing any of this. This leads to Linus reading the story of Jesus’ birth which makes Charlie Brown smile.

It is at this point most people stopped paying attention apparently.

5) Charlie Brown leaves the douche kids as he takes his tree with him. He puts the tree down but it collapses which makes him depressed again (even after being told the good news of Jesus).
6) All the kids stop being greedy rear end in a top hat douches when they realize how horrible they have been. They help rebuild Charlie Brown’s because they realize being together and being there for one another is the most important thing.

I have already seen people post just the Linus speech as if that is the only thing in the movie and thus, this miss the whole drat point.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

hahaha goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

*dies of lead poisoning*