Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1073608663108075520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1073431628771397632
https://twitter.com/HowardKurtz/status/1073564955927080960

love how none of these morons get that if you do negative things you're going to have negative stories written about you.

Surely no one is more bullied than the rich white person.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ This is Republican 101.

sean10mm posted:

:nms::nws:He looks even worse out of those suits!:nws::nms:

This deserves a probe for the mental image

(I kid)
(maybe)

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 14, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

abolish ice is weak poo poo. loving abolish dhs already.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1073585673674899456

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Oh look....he’s pumping the markets again....

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

KickerOfMice posted:

It doesn't help that his suits also suck.

As sean10mm said, the suits, ugly as they are, at least shield our eyes somewhat. You know if he didn't have them he'd be trying to cram himself into a 34" waistband because he KNOWS that's still his size, and that wouldn't be pretty. Hell, I bet his tailors sew fake size tags in his stuff just in case he ever thinks to check.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crow Jane posted:

As sean10mm said, the suits, ugly as they are, at least shield our eyes somewhat. You know if he didn't have them he'd be trying to cram himself into a 34" waistband because he KNOWS that's still his size, and that wouldn't be pretty. Hell, I bet his tailors sew fake size tags in his stuff just in case he ever thinks to check.

Nah, they know he won't read the tag unless it has his name on it

Ouch, sudden hot take, Trump is goatse and tubgirl made flesh

V I still stand by that post. That's still a gross mental image. I think the sewage pipe crawl at the end of the Shawshank Redemption is better image simply because there was a positive outcome at the end to make it worth it

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 14, 2018

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SocketWrench posted:

This deserves a probe for the mental image

(I kid)
(maybe)

I just meant like when he's wearing his dumb golfing outfit! I won't post the picture because that's still pretty gross.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Retro42 posted:

Oh look....he’s pumping the markets again....

The DJIA is plummeting at a rate of "hard hats requires beyond this point" so I'm not sure it's doing the trick

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Nah, they know he won't read the tag unless it has his name on it

Ouch, sudden hot take, Trump is goatse and tubgirl made flesh

1. Does he wear suits that aren't Trump brand?

2. Trump is essentially tubgirl's fluids flying out of goatse

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crow Jane posted:

1. Does he wear suits that aren't Trump brand?

2. Trump is essentially tubgirl's fluids flying out of goatse

I've never seen him use anything Trump brand except as a marketing tool. I have only ever seen him in the same room as his garbage when he wants to try and advertise it by simply having it in a picture/vid, and that's likely because he knows it's all snake oil

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

I've never seen him use anything Trump brand except as a marketing tool. I have only ever seen him in the same room as his garbage when he wants to try and advertise it by simply having it in a picture/vid, and that's likely because he knows it's all snake oil

What about Mar a Lago and his golf courses?

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

theflyingorc posted:

There was very little evidence of widespread vote manipulation in Texas. He probably wins without voter suppression, though.

Acting like his swing in Texas wasn't because he was a very good candidate is crazy. Ted shouldn't have had to even worry.

The voting machines in most of Texas are black holes with no audit capability. You couldn't find any evidence even if you looked because once the accept button is pressed no one has anyway of validating the results. There was at a minimum however a known bug that voting straight ticket defaulted the top line race choice (in this case U.S Senate) to the candidate with the last name that came first in the alphabet. Which certainly affected a non zero percentage of voters and given that the Texas Lege is currently trying to eliminate straight party voting it's pretty clear that that particular bug disproportionately affected Democratic voters. This combined with all of the voter suppression could easily account for a couple hundred thousand votes and that doesn't even get into whether any direct manipulation of the totals took place.

Essentially there is little reason to have any faith in the integrity of elections in Texas particularly given that they are and have been primarily managed by a party that has demonstrated not just a willingness but an eagerness to act in dirty underhanded and illegal ways to gain and secure power for decades.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/marthajadams/status/1073610092317151233

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

The chief justice said she had been considering the move “for some time” and made the decision after friends assured her that “you didn’t leave the party. The party left you.”

i hate that garbage. this is how the party's always been you piece of poo poo.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Crow Jane posted:

What about Mar a Lago and his golf courses?

That's not a product so much as its an existing luxury property he just slapped his name on. Granted, that's also true of the other Trump branded stuff, but the key here is the pre-existing luxury classification as opposed to the chinese mass-produced merch.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

He hopes to be remembered for helping to bring the country back together but he will be remembered as the guy who paid off hookers for a gross old toad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
stocks are in free fall again.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Wow, such bravery. (continues to be republican in all facets)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

The party has always been lovely, but they're definitely more openly corrupt every day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no doubt they've dropped whatever mask was left but they were still the same underneath back then.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

OAquinas posted:

That's not a product so much as its an existing luxury property he just slapped his name on. Granted, that's also true of the other Trump branded stuff, but the key here is the pre-existing luxury classification as opposed to the chinese mass-produced merch.

Fair point. I'm sure he does his damnedest to fill them with lovely mass-produced furniture, fixtures, artwork, etc though

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Infrastructure week!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah, I hate hate hate that Trump is giving cover for people who want to distance themselves from the openly hateful, racist, misogynistic rhetoric he's encouraging without actually distancing themselves from the core ideology.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Groovelord Neato posted:

That child dying is Trump immigration policy working as intended. The administration's hope is that, by brutalizing as many migrants as possible, future people will be deterred from even trying to migrate at all.

This statement reflects that reality: DHS doesn't want to literally just kill kids for its own sake, but it views the death of this child as a regretful but necessary and justified cost of showing others that they should gently caress off. A classic of the right wing "very serious people making Hard Choices" mentality.

It is inhumane in the extreme and everyone involved should be punished for violating basic human rights.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 14, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

The brutal treatment by ICE and the DHS was already stated to be an intended deterrent so this kid dying fits perfectly within their game plan.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It’s holding at around 1.5%. Unless it starts dropping waaaaaay more than that it’s just the usual opportunistic stuff. Markets are shrinking and Trump is just “nudging” them where it makes him/his buddies more money.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

What's not to like? Whip cream? Good. Custard? Good. Meat? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Buddy,

Toobly posted:

it looks like when Rachel tried to make the trifle

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

He lost by about 2.6% (215,000 votes).

Honestly, the "Beto is bad because he lost to Ted Cruz" argument has always seemed a bit strange to me - Ted Cruz may be a soulless husk of a human being, but he's still a Republican running in a heavily Republican state. He was massively favored to win, and the fact that Beto came as close as he did is pretty impressive.

Do you know how many Electoral College votes almost flipping Texas is worth? (Ask Hillary) it's zero

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1073637916990169089

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KevinWhitelaw1/status/1073630941510291456

* 30 minutes later *

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1073639618774482945

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 14, 2018

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I feel like people have been cheering this in this thread for months. The one big financial crash that doesn't hurt any normal people but puts egg on trumps face just might not happen anytime soon and isn't imminent every time the stock prices go up or down a few percent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

its loving great how most of these dudes know how hosed trump and crew are.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
gonna lol forever if Christie goes from hoping to be AG to getting the actual worst WH job.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Turned down by Rick Santorum and Chris Christie.

:lol:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"Everyone wants the job! I have people begging me for the job"

(can't find anyone to take the job)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
woops nevermind Christie's out

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Guze posted:

Turned down by Rick Santorum and Chris Christie.

:lol:

yeah because all those dudes know that trump is hosed one way or another. they want to keep up their media grifting jobs. not end up in some legal shitshow.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, I hate hate hate that Trump is giving cover for people who want to distance themselves from the openly hateful, racist, misogynistic rhetoric he's encouraging without actually distancing themselves from the core ideology.

it’s always been mine biggest fear if we make it out the other side - these people will be able to go well that was trump not us. the guy’s a product of the party he didn’t take it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

They'll just pull a random social security number out of a hat, and whoever it belongs to has to be the new CoS