Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Manafort's not a bad choice but it's hard to beat the comedy of Mr Page.

Was he the one who went on some kind of bender and appeared on like fifty news shows in one day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rolling into work at the crack of noon.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BarbarianElephant posted:

Trump was in court and no-one noticed? This seems like Q levels of conspiracy idiocy.

Why not Butina, the spy that might have flipped?

Why all the secrecy, then? It was someone who we don’t know is cooperating yet or someone with enough power to convince the court to keep their identity hidden.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Jealous Cow posted:

Why all the secrecy, then? It was someone who we don’t know is cooperating yet or someone with enough power to convince the court to keep their identity hidden.

There's no way you move the president around in secret.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Guze posted:

Especially not this one, considering how prone he is to wandering off

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

Was he the one who went on some kind of bender and appeared on like fifty news shows in one day?

Maybe? I have long since lost track of all the insanity that has happened since Trump was elected.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Trump and his related businesses and organizations may literally be the most investigated man in America at the moment. It feels like the dam is starting to break

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crow Jane posted:

No, that was another guy.

i don't even remember which :saddowns:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Sam Nunberg, Who was an aid to Roger Stone i think? The guy worshipped him and Stone shat on him. Nunberg went on an alcohol cocaine binge, and went on all the news shows.

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/06/behind-sam-nunbergs-meltdown-it-all-goes-back-to-roger-stone/

selec
Sep 6, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Sam Nunberg

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The following schedule was written as a joke for a local (Canadian paper) discussing then Premier Rob Ford's daily schedule. Looking at it now, I think you can replace Ford with Trump and it is eerily accurate:

Trump daily schedule posted:

6 a.m.: Nothing scheduled.

7 a.m.: Nothing scheduled.

8 a.m.: Nothing scheduled.

9 a.m.: Nothing scheduled.

10 a.m.: Wake up. Determine whereabouts.

11 a.m.: Really wake up this time. Shower and shave (optional). Breakfast: Three cups coffee. Reheat slice of Meat Lover’s Pizza (if any leftovers).

11:30 a.m.: Drive to city hall, catch up on emails on drive in. (Question to self: Is texting while driving illegal in Toronto? If so, see what you can do about this.)

12 p.m.: Run gauntlet of reporters. Maintain silence and “run-out-the-clock” strategy. Lock office door.

12:05 p.m.: Lunch in office. One large Meat Lover’s Pizza, with ranch-style dipping sauce and garlic bread. (Question: Beer? Deliverable? If so, lite. Got to watch weight. I mean it this time!)

1 p. m: Make anonymous phone calls to [New York Times] threatening to cancel subscriptions if vendetta against [the president] continues. Note to self: Use different non-American voices — black, gay, Chinese, etc. Also, phone that guy who knows a guy who might be able to do that thing with the thing if the Star keeps at it.

2 p.m.: View damage of latest clips of Daily Show, Kimmel, Letterman, Leno. Self-medicate as needed.

2:30 p.m.: Assume fetal position on office couch.

3 p.m.-4 p.m.: City council meeting. Maintain serious demeanour throughout: Avoid making any facial gesture that could be interpreted by press as “cracking” a smile. Do not “crack” any jokes. Do not ask that council get “cracking.”

4 p.m.: Phone youth football league to see whether, if things blow over, there might be possibility of resuming coaching duties. Also, fire chief of staff.

5 p.m.: Run gauntlet of reporters. Maintain silence. Drive home. Meet later with [Russia] Trade Delegation re acquisition of certain intellectual property. (Note to self: No cellphone cameras or media in vicinity!) Consider running to Cayman Islands.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Sam Nunberg

:sniff:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its loving great how most of these dudes know how hosed trump and crew are.

I doubt it's because Trump is hosed up, but because they know they'll get the same send off Kelly and the bastard before got. Chief of Staff is loving plutonium and they all know picking it up is political suicide.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Jealous Cow posted:

Because the media are flooding places that might be something to do with the Russia investigation and no doubt annoying everyone.

Or maybe it's a Trump family member?

The President himself would be impossible because he travels by motorcade.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Guze posted:

The president getting out of the White House in secret isn't unprecedented, but for the recent examples I can think of the press corps still knew and just agreed to keep things quiet until later.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Jealous Cow posted:

There’s some fun speculation about today’s double super secret grand jury.

Remember this story from October about Mueller trying to subpoena Trump. It says oral arguments are scheduled for today.

- Trump has nothing on his schedule between noon and 5:15 today (https://factba.se/topic/calendar).
- Gregory Katsas, the only Trump appointee on the DC circuit, recused himself.
- Chief Judge Howell unsealed the Watergate Roadmap on October 11th, which may have been at Mueller’s request, to use as a basis for indicting the President as there is no other publicly known precedent (https://www.lawfareblog.com/watergate-road-map-what-it-says-and-what-it-suggests-mueller)

So, maybe today is about Trump fighting a subpoena, but the secrecy would mean someone super sensitive was brought in to testify.

So, maybe Trump lost a motion and was actually in court today testifying before the grand jury.

no. what? no

are you reading louise mensch or something

- trump definitely didn't go anywhere to testify
- the judge said he'd recuse for anything related to the special counsel
- the watergate roadmap was a group of journalists suing, not mueller

none of this is even remotely plausible - in fact it's verifiably untrue

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Random Stranger posted:

The president getting out of the White House in secret isn't unprecedented, but for the recent examples I can think of the press corps still knew and just agreed to keep things quiet until later.

yea basically every modern example of 'the president leaves in secret to do a thing' hinged on the press winking and nodding to let it happen and there's zero way the press corps would ignore 'trump leaves the white house to go to court'.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Feldegast42 posted:

Taking Trump at his word (yeah I know :laffo:, but for the sake of argument), he is worth 10 billion bucks.

He agreed to pay Stormy $130,000 dollars, or .0013% of his net worth. Something that is literally a rounding error, or likely a value he loses or gains in a manner of seconds just from fluctuation from the stock market. Something that the majority of posters on SA would take 2 to 5 years to make in salary, and that's without any taxes taken out. He jeopardized his entire presidency just for money that other people in his position wouldn't bother scooping out of the road if it tumbled by them.

Jeff Bezos is worth 10 times as much as Trump.

This is what happens when you are raised and taught that money is the main thing. While the rest of us try to find enjoyment, Trump was taught only money matters by daddy dearest so even if it makes him miserable, he's gonna go after every buck he can

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I mean, Trump has been tweeting this afternoon so

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1073617541476569088

That's not an example, I just found it amusing.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

We have a winner!
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1073703746432049153?s=21

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

RiggenBlaque posted:

I also think Trump really believed that as President he could just squash anyone's attempts to investigate what he was doing. He had an incredibly naive concept of what the role of President was and how the federal government and courts worked.

Trump thought being president means you're the boss of America, and when you're the boss, everyone has to do what you say or else!!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I wonder if Mick is doing this of his own free will or if he's being forced.

BLINK TWICE IF YOU'RE BEING HELD HOSTAGE, MICK!!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Haha, had to go with someone internal because nobody else wants to touch the poo.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

lol, Trump literally just heard the name Mick Mulvaney today didn't he?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

unbelievable how loving lazy this dumb piece of poo poo is. it's probably good for the country but christ almighty at least act like you're working.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
I understand that today was oral arguments related to a subpoena of some VIP. The person in question is likely not there, but rather their lawyers.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mercury Ballistic posted:

I understand that today was oral arguments related to a subpoena of some VIP. The person in question is likely not there, but rather their lawyers.

Please anyone with the last name of "Trump" or "Kushner." I want Jr or Jared but I'll settle for Ivanka.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
How long until Mulvaney makes a statement about how he's not yet accepted the job?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Please anyone with the last name of "Trump" or "Kushner." I want Jr or Jared but I'll settle for Ivanka.

Tiffany

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Is Mulvaney the guy who has like 10 jobs or am I thinking of someone else?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

JasonV posted:

How long until Mulvaney makes a statement about how he's not yet accepted the job?

There's probably a chance for an "after consultation with my family, I have regrettably decided not to accept the position" statement by Monday

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"Acting" Chief of Staff means he can't even get Mulvaney to agree to it

it's not Senate confirmed, an acting position doesn't exist

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

HappyHippo posted:

Mulvaney is %100 some recently disbarred personal injury lawyer they found on LinkedIn.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HappyHippo posted:

that is he.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Mulvaney just finished his tenure neutering the CFPB so he freed up half his week.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Yeah but I want Donny to actually CARE about the person getting perp walked.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There is no chance in hell that Trump is actually worth 10 billion.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

HappyHippo posted:

He's both OMB and Consumer Protection Bureau

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is no chance in hell that Trump is actually worth 10 billion.

he's not worth a billion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1073705029964623872