Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Inspector_666 posted:

Is it bad that I think the glowsticks are cool?

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Fuegan posted:

And to think I've been cutting them to shape out of spare gauss weapons from the Immortals kit... :smithicide:

If it's any consolation, he only started doing them two months or so ago. He mostly makes cool third party bits for knights otherwise.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Inspector_666 posted:

Is it bad that I think the glowsticks are cool?

No they're very good.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

mango sentinel posted:

No they're very good.

Hey just a heads up, don't listen to this person and resume feeling bad

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

inscrutable horse posted:

Pictured, in chronological order:
  • 1x Techpriest Dominus (the red one), the very first warham I painted. I'm really pleased with how he turned out, but slightly less pleased with how his servo-skull snapped after a week. Also, those fuckers are a pain to glue onto their base.
  • 1x Onager Dunecrawler.
  • 5x Skitarii Rangers. The sniper with the base was an experiment using glue and sand. It looks OK, but there's way too much effort involved for me to apply the same method to the rest of the gang.
  • 1x Armiger Warglaive. I was super-pleased with how that one turned out at first, but as time goes by, and I feel I'm getting better, I just want to strip the paint off, and redo from start.
  • 2x Kastelan Robots. Same as the Warglaive, times a thousand.
  • 1x Belisarius Cawl. Really proud of that one, but he's technically not finished, since I didn't have the greens for his little computer screen.
  • 12x Skitarii Vanguard. Tabletop-ready only, as they were an experiment in how to make the painting process more efficient. Turns out assembly lines work!
  • 2x Armiger Helverins. In a moment of weakness, I snagged a box of these. Seriously, Knights are to cool. Tabletop-ready+
  • 1x Techpriest Dominus (the blue one). Trying out my Kill Team colours. Turned out smashing, IMO.
  • 1x Sicarian Infiltrator Princeps. Kill Team.
  • 1x Sicarian Ruststalker Princeips. Kill Team.
  • 1x Knight Valiant. Technically not tabletop-ready, since it's only been dry-fit together, but it looks soooo cool!

I only started collecting warhams late august/early september, so I think I've been pretty good about getting poo poo done. That said, I've got a lot of stuff to do; see list down below :aaaaa: But right now, my priority is getting my knights finished. That means painting and assembling the Valiant, finishing the two Helverins, and painting/assembling the last Warglaive. Then, at some time in the future, re-painting the first Warglaive.

Not shown: 1x Armiger Warglaive (primed, sub-assembled), 1x Onager Dunecrawler (sub-assembled), 4x Sicarian Infiltrators (primed, assembled), 1x Cybernetica Datasmith (primed, assembled), 3x Skitarii Vanguards (painted, unbased), 2x Skitarii Vanguards (painted, unassembled), 8x Skitarii Vanguards (primed, unassembled), 1x Sydonian Dragoon (primed, sub-assembled); also, the terrain from the Kill Team starter set. It's painted and table-top ready, but I can't be arsed to do any detailing on it.

These look great. I started AdMech this year too, my first 40k army. It's taken me twice as long to paint my dudes though.

Hoping to get a few models finished before the end of the year before I post up the whole army. I have 5 vanguard and 5 infiltrators left that are half painted, plus 4 Kastelans that are assembled/primed.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
The necron glowsticks would be 100% better if they didn’t always have that little air bubble in the middle.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What necrons really need is like a light pipe from the base so you could put little LEDs under the base and have them glow green from the inside without tons of modifications

I like the glowsticks personally

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
people who like glow sticks also leave their canopies clear plastic

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Badablack posted:

The necron glowsticks would be 100% better if they didn’t always have that little air bubble in the middle.

I’m so glad somebody else mentioned the air bubbles. Those always drove me nuts.

Also in general I think necron warriors and immortals both need to have further de facto point reductions. The only way the faction gimmick of RP kind of works is with big unit blobs, so gotta make them infantry bois cheaper.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a hard sided miniatures case? I've been expanding my GSC kill team and am building up an army. So far the only ones Im seeing are the Citadel official ones and some ones intended for magnetized bases. Im a little wary of doing the magnetized option since I've been using the sector mechanicus bases that dont have a ton of clearance underneath due to the way the plastic is sculpted so Im not sure how easy it would be to reliably get a big enough magnet under them. The citadel case looks sturdy but Ive read some people saying that it doesnt work well if you dont have it 100% packed which isnt ideal since Im growing the army slowly. Right now pretty much the only things that would go in the big model section would be the patriarch and the goliath I'm working on. Does anyone here use it and have thoughts on if its a good buy? Are there others I should look for? Having a hard case is important because I have cats that love to sleep on any sort of bag and so they'll probably do their best to destroy it.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeast posted:

people who like glow sticks also leave their canopies clear plastic

People who paint over their canopies and completely obfuscate the dude inside are cowards :colbert:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

evol262 posted:

I have about 40 more than I'm ever likely to use. Send me :10bux: to cover shipping, and I'll give you as many as you need

So you got 40 Necron warriors. :rimshot:

Played Necrons vs my friend's Death Guard today. None of us did any major mistakes, and he was playing a soft list against me. I managed to murder about 700 points of his army before he tabled me in round 4.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Irate Tree posted:

People who paint over their canopies and completely obfuscate the dude inside are cowards :colbert:

if you paint the canopies there's no need to put dudes inside :v:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Yeast posted:

if you paint the canopies there's no need to put dudes inside :v:

Coward

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Grundma posted:

Does anyone here have a recommendation for a hard sided miniatures case? I've been expanding my GSC kill team and am building up an army. So far the only ones Im seeing are the Citadel official ones and some ones intended for magnetized bases. Im a little wary of doing the magnetized option since I've been using the sector mechanicus bases that dont have a ton of clearance underneath due to the way the plastic is sculpted so Im not sure how easy it would be to reliably get a big enough magnet under them. The citadel case looks sturdy but Ive read some people saying that it doesnt work well if you dont have it 100% packed which isnt ideal since Im growing the army slowly. Right now pretty much the only things that would go in the big model section would be the patriarch and the goliath I'm working on. Does anyone here use it and have thoughts on if its a good buy? Are there others I should look for? Having a hard case is important because I have cats that love to sleep on any sort of bag and so they'll probably do their best to destroy it.

KR Multicase come highly recommended.
https://www.krmulticase.com/cases

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Grundma posted:

The 40k badcast recommended, aside from the KR multicases, the GW carrying cases on the latest episode.
They've even brought back the Kill Team case again:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Warhammer-40000-Carry-Case-2018

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
To add to the newbie Post Your Models, this is my first model ever. Painted this old dude to see what it was like before painting a modern boy.

Hopefully my kids will let me get some more painting time, and I'll have more to share by the end of the year.

Also, are those 30k Thousand Sons painted blue? They're great. I always liked the idea of T Sons, but was on the fence about the headdresses. Would there be any issues using them for 40k?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

slut chan posted:

Also, are those 30k Thousand Sons painted blue? They're great. I always liked the idea of T Sons, but was on the fence about the headdresses. Would there be any issues using them for 40k?

They are 30k Tsons, and I use them strictly for 40k CSM.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

slut chan posted:

Hopefully my kids will let me get some more painting time, and I'll have more to share by the end of the year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with that one.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I'm Posting My Models even though all the photo's are poo poo because I haven't set up a lightbox yet.

My most recent, a before and after "restoration" job:

Before

After

I also painted some Neophytes for my GSC kill team.

Icon Bearer

Neophyte Gunner w/ Flamer

My Leader

Group photo:

Some ork boyz I did:

A 2nd Ed ork that is my Leader Gretchin:

I also did 10 Grey Knights for Kill Team. They're even based!

There's more but I hate the photo's and don't feel like re-taking them. I didn't get as much painting done this year as I wanted because turns out being unemployed for 8 months is insanely draining mentally and emotionally

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I'm having a hard time IDing some of this stuff. Was wondering if ya'll could give me a hand. Some of this is older than jurassic park and i'm new to the hobby.

Edit: i'm going to die going through this -

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 15, 2018

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I'm having a hard time IDing some of this stuff. Was wondering if ya'll could give me a hand. Some of this is older than jurassic park and i'm new to the hobby.

1. Plastic Guardians
2. Plastic Dire Avengers
6. All metal resin. Two Dark Reapers, the rest are Striking Scorpions

1. Metal Wraithguard
2. Metal Rangers and weapon crews
4. Metal Farseer with Singing Spear
5. Plastic Dire Avenger Exarchs

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Irate Tree posted:

1. Plastic Guardians
2. Plastic Dire Avengers
6. All metal. Two Dark Reapers, the rest are Striking Scorpions

1. Metal Wraithguard
2. Metal Rangers and weapon crews
4. Metal Farseer with Singing Spear
5. Plastic Dire Avenger Exarchs

You're the best :)

If there's a few here and there i need help with mind if I PM you? I feel bad jamming up the thread.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Edit: Curses! Beaten to it!

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harvey Mantaco posted:

You're the best :)

If there's a few here and there i need help with mind if I PM you? I feel bad jamming up the thread.

Sure duder ;)

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I feel bad jamming up the thread.

The current theme of the thread is Post Your Models and you're doing just that!

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
To go with the current theme I am looking back through what I have done this year, all in chronological order:
Tyranids, mostly done in the spring with the exception of the gargoyles to clear the backlog recently:

Then over the summer I did some Tau:

For shits-n-giggles I did a couple of death guard (and their buddy):

Recently I have been doing orks, I am expecting to get another 2-3 units done this year:

I guess I have painted ~3000-4000 points. :v:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
some dude on reddit has been posting his progress on his Legion of the Damned conversions, and drat are they cool:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

R0ckfish posted:

I guess I have painted ~3000-4000 points. :v:

Fantastic lens work!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Holy poo poo y'all are some productive motherfuckers

I've been distracted by work but all of the Chapter Approved charts are done for all the Codex entries. I'll start work on the Forgeworld ones over the weekend.

-> Get all the spreadsheet goodness here <-

As always lemme know any gently caress ups and I'll correct them. I've annotated the gallery with version numbers and dates to try and keep a better track of this mess.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Finished assembling all of my Skitarii from the start collecting box and man, AdMech weapons are so drat cool. All of the (non-vehicular) phosphor stuff being weird revolvers owns.

(I'm trying to mount these guys on finished bases so it looks like they're actually walking on top of ground rather than slogging through mud like my DG, hence the various success at standing upright.)

Even split of Vanguard and Rangers so that when they're not all mashed into a Kill Team they can be broken into two squads for 40k (although probably not ideally armed.)

Just to confirm, nothing else has come out about CA and changes to Stygies VIII's dogma, right?

Now I need to buy a pin vise so I can magnetize the Dunecrawler when I assemble it...and also I split a Forgebane box with my friend so I'll probably magnetize the Armigers too and ah gently caress I'm already down the rabbit hole again.

EDIT: Also I only just noticed tonight that Sicarian Infiltrators have 2 wounds each so def gotta get some for the Kill Team.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I've been assembling new orks, got the next couple weeks off, gonna do a lot of painting. Was mostly out of the hobby this year, will post what I get done next week.

slut chan posted:

To add to the newbie Post Your Models, this is my first model ever. Painted this old dude to see what it was like before painting a modern boy.

For a first model ever that's crazy good

slut chan posted:

Conversions are illegal, but I can't see anybody complaining if you play TSons but use normal marine heads instead of rubric heads. It'll make it harder to differentiate them from normal chaos marines, but the new sculpts have some cool details.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 15, 2018

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Just to confirm, nothing else has come out about CA and changes to Stygies VIII's dogma, right?

I just finished skimming my copy and didn’t see anything that changed it, however keep your eyes peeled on the FAQ page as I’d imagine it’d appear there instead.

Side note - I got the fancy copy of CA2018 because I like the counters and mission sheets. It also came with a pile of cool sisters stuff. Data sheets and stratagem/WL traits.

Does any Sisters playing goon want them for a song before I chuck them on eBay? (I’m in the UK)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Harkano posted:

I just finished skimming my copy and didn’t see anything that changed it, however keep your eyes peeled on the FAQ page as I’d imagine it’d appear there instead.

Side note - I got the fancy copy of CA2018 because I like the counters and mission sheets. It also came with a pile of cool sisters stuff. Data sheets and stratagem/WL traits.

Does any Sisters playing goon want them for a song before I chuck them on eBay? (I’m in the UK)

I'm in the UK, and I am interested! PM me, please.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Dec 15, 2018

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I just ordered some tiny brushes (the smallest I had was a 2) and a stand with a magnifying glass (because my eyesight is poo poo).

I have a bunch of Death Guard primed and based but I haven't gotten to the next stages, some because I'm waiting to go to the GW store and pick up a new color or two.

I'm gonna post my dudes here. Even though I'm a newbie, I'd like to get some feedback. Even rear end in a top hat feedback is welcome because I literally have no clue what I'm doing. I'm just throwing paint on figures until I think they look cool.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Help me finish my list goons I've got like 1000 points I can put in to a CSM/DG detachment and/or heaps of artilley/tanks.

++ Questor Traitoris Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Questor Traitoris) [43 PL, 837pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Renegade Armigers [9 PL, 174pts]
. Renegade Armiger: Heavy stubber, Two armiger autocannons

Renegade Armigers [9 PL, 174pts]
. Renegade Armiger: Heavy stubber, Two armiger autocannons

Renegade Knight [25 PL, 489pts]: Character, Heavy stubber, Ironstorm Missile Pod
. Avenger gatling cannon and heavy flamer: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer
. Avenger gatling cannon and heavy flamer: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Renegades & Heretics) [15 PL, 266pts] ++

+ HQ +

Renegade Commander [3 PL, 25pts]: Brutal Assault weapon, Laspistol

Rogue Psyker Coven [3 PL, 100pts]: 5x Rogue Psyker, Warp Flux

+ Troops +

Renegade Cultists [3 PL, 47pts]
. Renegade Cultist Champion: Autogun
. 8x Renegade Cultist w/ Autogun
. Renegade Cultist w/ special weapon: Flamer

++ Total: [58 PL, 1103pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

e: could probably get rid of the helverins for a lev dread with butchers or something

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

DiggityDoink posted:

I just ordered some tiny brushes (the smallest I had was a 2) and a stand with a magnifying glass (because my eyesight is poo poo).

I have a bunch of Death Guard primed and based but I haven't gotten to the next stages, some because I'm waiting to go to the GW store and pick up a new color or two.

I'm gonna post my dudes here. Even though I'm a newbie, I'd like to get some feedback. Even rear end in a top hat feedback is welcome because I literally have no clue what I'm doing. I'm just throwing paint on figures until I think they look cool.

As well as here try the painting specific thread, it's mostly the same people but you might get more specific feedback there.

Also a reminder the Discord exists, if anyone's not in. Throw me or Booley a message for approval.

https://discord.gg/fQQ2za

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just been flicking through CA2018. Looted Wagons seem pretty cool but I wish they'd included Matched Play rules for them, they don't seem that unbalanced. OTOH Custom Characters could potentially have some sick combos.

Also WTF are GW thinking with Gore Hounds? For 9 extra points you get an Assault 1 Flamer. Considering actual Flamers had their price lowered to 6 in the same book that's hella stupid. Should have been max 2 or 3 points, or preferably free like the Blissbringer.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Corrode posted:

As well as here try the painting specific thread, it's mostly the same people but you might get more specific feedback there.

Also a reminder the Discord exists, if anyone's not in. Throw me or Booley a message for approval.

https://discord.gg/fQQ2za

Sent Booley a message, I'll find you if he doesn't find my invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Well nuts this is disappointing, Sister characters lost eviserators, Priests can't take em either, hell Priests lost all their customization actually. My poor plasma Priest who kills himself for the Emperor every game is now forced to live and be somewhat useful for longer.

I'm happy we can now take all the Ecclesiarchy stuff without playing with detachments but it's confusing that Crusaders and Archo-flagellants don't take up an elite spot if you have a Priest in your army, is that bonus or a buff? Makes Vangaurd detatchnents a bit harder to make I guess.