Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

I'm probably the only person in this forum watching MLW every week but

WMOTYC: Tommy Dreamer vs. Brian Pillman Jr., MLW Fusion 11/30

Please stop booking Dreamer in regular singles matches

I was just about to post this and say the same thing. We should start a support group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can still tolerate Dreamer when he's just in multi-man clusterfucks, hitting people with kendo sticks and not trying to have an actual wrestling match. He tried to have an actual wrestling match with a green-as-gooseshit Pillman and it went ... poorly.

E: They're doing a Singapore Canes match in Miami, which I'm almost convinced was booked as a do-over after this wet fart.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 2, 2018

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the match was fine?

I wish there was someone younger who could do what Tommy does (beloved grizzled vet who puts people over and works cheap) but...there's not

Gabe bringing in Tommy to put over Jon Moxley in DGUSA was almost 10 years ago

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

lol i forgot you were there live for it

it was grueling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

It wasn't Holocausto vs Shalom levels, but the structure of that match was horrible. I'd expect everything to look bad because it's Dreamer but you'd think a dude with 3 decades of experience might be able to have a match make some sorts of sense. Also really funny that the post match angle got basically zero heat. Dreamer is worthless.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tommy Dreamer sucks poo poo, I'm happy Paul Heyman didn't pay him what he's owed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

the main event of the first Final Battle went to a draw but it was a four-way with Dragon, Ki, Corino, and Joe

otherwise I don’t think Dragon did any big draws until 06, when he did like three of them in one month

Yeah I’m probably combining that one with one of those which is weird. My memory isn’t great but usually I’m solid with wrestling stuff

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

NienNunb posted:

Tommy Dreamer sucks poo poo, I'm happy Paul Heyman didn't pay him what he's owed.

tommy dreamer put my rear end in this seat!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's a random cool match everyone should see, MLW uploaded the Sabu vs LA Park match from 2002 MLW awhile ago. It's the best Sabu match I've seen this century, and up there with peak Sabu matches. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiyAz8VwHg

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

Here's a random cool match everyone should see, MLW uploaded the Sabu vs LA Park match from 2002 MLW awhile ago. It's the best Sabu match I've seen this century, and up there with peak Sabu matches. Great stuff.

I raise you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nknzwMZfv3k

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

Yes watch this match, I remember having it on tape for some reason a decade ago and loving it. Sabu doesn't hardly botch at all this match, I honestly think it's in Sabu's top 5 matches of all time and the only post-ECW match I can think of that comes close is his Monster's Ball with Rhino/Hardy/Abyss in TNA

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah never watched it or even knew it existed before but that match is great. I also didn't know how much I missed Fonzie's annoying rear end whistle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Yes watch this match, I remember having it on tape for some reason a decade ago and loving it. Sabu doesn't hardly botch at all this match, I honestly think it's in Sabu's top 5 matches of all time and the only post-ECW match I can think of that comes close is his Monster's Ball with Rhino/Hardy/Abyss in TNA

He had a couple good matches in that TNA run, a tag with Raven and that barbed wire match with Abyss as well.

One kind of funny thing about the Park match is when Joey Styles exclaims that with his mask being torn this is our first chance to see Park's face. I don't blame him for knowing that isn't the case at all, it's just kind of funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM - Masato Yoshino vs PAC - Dragon Gate Fantastic Gate 4/12

They really meshed well, a big match for Dragon Gate's top belt, the Open the Dream Gate belt, the crowd was hot from the off when Pac jumped Yoshino during the British national anthem with a grin on his face, at one point PAC's R.E.D. teammates had to be held back by MaxiumuM members, there were hard hitting moments, crazy flying stuff like Pac's springboard corkscrew moonsault which very nearly wiped out a fan, it's definitely a fun match worth seeking out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM - Masato Yoshino vs PAC - Dragon Gate Fantastic Gate 4/12

They really meshed well, a big match for Dragon Gate's top belt, the Open the Dream Gate belt, the crowd was hot from the off when Pac jumped Yoshino during the British national anthem with a grin on his face, at one point PAC's R.E.D. teammates had to be held back by MaxiumuM members, there were hard hitting moments, crazy flying stuff like Pac's springboard corkscrew moonsault which very nearly wiped out a fan, it's definitely a fun match worth seeking out.

2nd on that HM. If I hadn't been spoiled on the winner it probably would have been a MOTYC as I'd have bought into the near falls more. As it stands, it doesn't come close to Yoshino's defense against Ben-K last month (which was spectacular and everyone should go watch it).

From the same show

MOTYC - UT vs. Shun Skywalker
Dragon Gate used the same formula they used a couple years ago to get Big R and Takehiro Yamamura over in a single match and if it's not broke don't fix it I guess. Excellent match from two guys with maybe a combined in-ring career of like, 5 years total.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Maki Ito, Riho & Shoko Nakajima vs. Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki (TJPW 5th Anniversary, 12/1)

A very good match setting up to what should be a very good show on January 4th.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

HM: Taichi vs. Will Ospreay World Tag League Finals, 12/9/18

Just pretty fun match with a really great closing stretch!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

HM: Taichi vs. Will Ospreay World Tag League Finals, 12/9/18

Just pretty fun match with a really great closing stretch!

2nd. Give Taichi his deserved nomination you cowards

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

3rd

Taichi's doubters questioned him for a bad match with Goto. Now Taichi is back to putting on great matches, and Goto managed to have a boring match with Kota Ibushi. I can only imagine what vile slander they'll come up with next.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WMOTYC: BLKOUT vs. The Rep, CZW Cage of Death XX

what on earth

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

WMOTYC: BLKOUT vs. The Rep, CZW Cage of Death XX

what on earth

Yes, seconding. That was terrible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: ZSJ/Taichi vs EVIL/Sanada WTL Nov 25

Haven't kept up with WTL but this match was fun and now I want that EVIL/ZSJ match Jericho robbed us of

I've been catching up on WTL and finally got to this and instantly seconding this, before TAKA has finished mocking the defeated pair.

This was freaking great. I'm this close to calling it a MOTYC but enough people have been skipping the tour that it won't get the votes so I'd settle for an honourable mention. Really great tag match. It's been a good tour.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WMOTYC: The Office vs. Jimmy Lloyd, Two other dudes And Maria Manic, CZW Cage of Death XX, 12/9

A woman ate a blow up doll’s rear end, someone had a dildo attached to a drill, another black dildo was suction cupped to a chair that someone was dumped on, a man mimicked going down on a woman when he had her up for a powerbomb, dudes kept calling women stupid sluts and there were multiple unprotected chairshots to the head.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WMOTYC: The Office vs. Mitch Vallen/Jimmy Lloyd/Dan O'Hare/Maria Manic, CZW Cage of Death XX

Deathmatch with dildos

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

yeah

EugeneJ posted:

WMOTYC: The Office vs. Mitch Vallen/Jimmy Lloyd/Dan O'Hare/Maria Manic, CZW Cage of Death XX

Deathmatch with dildos
yeah

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Continuing my World Tag League watching and I'm shocked this hasn't been nominated by anyone before me

HM - New Japan - 29th November - Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr vs Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka

Some absolutely fantastic grappling between ZSJ and Suzuki, exactly what you would hope from these two locking up. Just snug. some good comedy with Taichi and Iizuka, some brawling in the crowd, a Let's go Taichi chant from the very right Korakuen crowd, and even some Iizuka chants.

Definitely the most much watch match of a consistently good tour.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (

forkboy84 posted:

Continuing my World Tag League watching and I'm shocked this hasn't been nominated by anyone before me

HM - New Japan - 29th November - Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr vs Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka

Some absolutely fantastic grappling between ZSJ and Suzuki, exactly what you would hope from these two locking up. Just snug. some good comedy with Taichi and Iizuka, some brawling in the crowd, a Let's go Taichi chant from the very right Korakuen crowd, and even some Iizuka chants.

I nominated it for an HM too but I've read people saying that an HM is a bit much for a match like that. Still stand by what I said though, it's the kind of goodness that'll get overlooked by most.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

nongdongfongbong posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr & Taichi vs. Suzuki & Iizuka

Suzuki making ZSJ work for the submission holds was great. It was an easy story to tell and they did it well. Taichi and Iizuka's little comedy bit worked well within the context of this match too, and didn't take anything away from the intensity. Mini mark-out segment with Iizuka seemingly remembering his pre-gimmick self.

nthing because Taichi deserves all the positive representation he can get here :getin:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I haven't been keeping up with this thread sorry, the OP has been updated with what I think is accurate updates, please tell me if I missed anything (I did pop A-Kid vs. ZSJ from April onto the list as well).

Latest added MOTYs, WMOTYs and HMs from the past couple of months below:

Matches of the Year
10/28 | Kairi Sane (C) vs. Shayna Baszler for the NXT Women's Championship - WWE Evolution
10/28 | Becky Lynch (C) vs. Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women's Championship in a Last Woman Standing match - WWE Evolution
11/03 | Minoru Suzuki (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the Rev Pro British Heavyweight Title - NJPW Power Struggle
11/17 | Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano - NXT Wargames II
11/17 | Tommaso Ciampa (C) vs. Velveteen Dream - NXT Wargames II
11/17 | The War Raiders, Pete Dunne & Ricochet vs. The Undisputed Era in War Games and the Match Beyond - NXT Wargames II
11/18 | Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan - WWE Survivor Series
11/23 | King Phoenix vs. Barbaro Cavernario - CMLL

Worst Matches of the Year
11/02 | BRAUN! Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar for the vacant WWE Universal Championship - WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia
11/18 | Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown in the Men's Survivor Series Match - WWE Survivor Series
11/30 | Tommy Dreamer vs. Brian Pillman Jr. - MLW Fusion
12/09 | The Office vs. Mitch Vallen/Jimmy Lloyd/Dan O'Hare/Maria Manic in a Dildo Deathmatch - CZW Cage of Death XX

Honorable Mentions
11/03 | RPG3k vs. Shingo/BUSHI vs. Kanemaru/Desperado - NJPW Power Struggle
11/16 | David Arquette vs. Nick Gage - GCW Presents Joey Janela's L.A. Confidential
11/17 | Shayna Baszler (C) vs. Kairi Sane in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match for the NXT Women's Championship - NXT War Games II
11/18 | Team Smackdown vs. Team Raw in a 20 Man Tag Team Survivor Series Match - WWE Survivor Series
11/18 | Buddy Murphy (C) vs. Mustafa Ali for the Cruiserweight Championship - WWE Survivor Series
11/18 | Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair - WWE Survivor Series
11/29 | Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka - New Japan World Tag League
11/30 | Los Guerreros Laguneros (Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, Euforia) vs. Caristico, Mistico, Volador Jr - CMLL Viernes
12/09 | Taichi vs. Will Ospreay - New Japan World Tag League Finals

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 11, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People need to go watch the old guys CMLL matches from a couple weeks ago if those really didn't get the WMOTYC seconds they needed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: Los Guerreros Laguneros (Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, Euforia) vs. Caristico, Mistico, Volador Jr - CMLL Viernes 11/30/18

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC

RAYO DE JALISCO, ATLANTIS Y BLUE PANTHER
vs
CANEK, MÁSCARA AÑO 2000 Y VILLANO IV

Canek could barely walk (I am not joking) and Rayo was only barely more mobile.

nthing both of these

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC

RAYO DE JALISCO, ATLANTIS Y BLUE PANTHER
vs
CANEK, MÁSCARA AÑO 2000 Y VILLANO IV

Canek could barely walk (I am not joking) and Rayo was only barely more mobile.

also gonna nth this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Added it to the WMOTY list. I assume it was the 11/30 CMLL Viernes Show?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Added it to the WMOTY list. I assume it was the 11/30 CMLL Viernes Show?

Yes. I am very proud that I was the person who guessed which legend would be least able to walk preshow.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If somehow anyone hasn't seen Okada/Omega IV yet, NJPW made it free

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00485_2_09

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Rush vs. Sammy Guevara - MLW Fusion 12-07-18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NliW-DJOb20&t=2325s

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: Rush vs. Sammy Guevara - MLW Fusion 12-07-18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NliW-DJOb20&t=2325s

Agreed

Rush may be the guy to keep the big american indies alive in 2019

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Hangman Page, ROH Final Battle

God this match loving ruled

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Hangman Page, ROH Final Battle

God this match loving ruled