Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm gonna see Bongripper tomorrow! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Trip Report: holy loving poo poo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There’s an official visual album for Bell Witch - Mirror Reaper. It’s perfect.

https://youtu.be/pzB-cuxBqdk

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I hope it's less monotonous than their live show! Just kidding

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Eat The Rich posted:

Trip Report: holy loving poo poo

this is a good post

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A human heart posted:

I hope it's less monotonous than their live show! Just kidding

It isn’t, because it’s the same video they project while they perform

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I don't know when this actually came out, but I just found it yesterday and it rules, so I'm gonna post about it now.

https://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/hell

This poo poo sounds like a trip through the goddamn abyss.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nativity In Black posted:

I don't know when this actually came out, but I just found it yesterday and it rules, so I'm gonna post about it now.

https://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/hell

This poo poo sounds like a trip through the goddamn abyss.

2017 and yeah it rules. Also if you download it every track has different artwork.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Bell Witch didn't have that visual when I saw them but man did they rip. Shoutout to the guy in the audience that wore a rubber goat mask the entire night all the way to like 1:30. He even had it clipped in the back to keep it tight around his head. I've never committed to anything as much as he did to wearing that mask

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Snowy posted:

It isn’t, because it’s the same video they project while they perform

I saw them the other week and there wasn't any video, I feel ripped off now

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

No video for me either and there was certainly room for it. Maybe it's a newer thing?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Eat The Rich posted:

No video for me either and there was certainly room for it. Maybe it's a newer thing?

They had it when I saw them in June, it’s a pretty cool part of the performance

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Snowy posted:

They had it when I saw them in June, it’s a pretty cool part of the performance

I saw them in June too. :(

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
This is much more industrial but there's also a doom sound to his stuff and the control interfaces are bonkers so thought I'd post it here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOTHl6Tldc

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Drone machines, and Melk en Honing are my favorites albums of his.

Also this is a good performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xrS-ezmA4

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gah I keep forgetting that he put out an album this year that I haven't listened to too. I officially listen to too many bands.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I really need to see him play sometime. His setup is really freaking cool.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gah I keep forgetting that he put out an album this year that I haven't listened to too. I officially listen to too many bands.

It’s my favorite of his so far. It’s interesting to see where he’s going with his music. I have a feeling in 10 years it will be totally different and not in a bad way.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Trabant posted:

This is much more industrial but there's also a doom sound to his stuff and the control interfaces are bonkers so thought I'd post it here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOTHl6Tldc

Pokey Araya posted:

Drone machines, and Melk en Honing are my favorites albums of his.

Also this is a good performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xrS-ezmA4

:staredog: Jesus Christ this owns

I have so much respect for this guy. Looks like he goes all out. He looks like a loving mad scientist pulling his vintage knife switch and screaming into his gnarly metal mic screen :science:

I bet his rig is a bitch to set up though hahaha

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I have so much respect for this guy. Looks like he goes all out. He looks like a loving mad scientist pulling his vintage knife switch and screaming into his gnarly metal mic screen :science:

I wasn't there for the setup, but he took it down almost single-handedly in about 15 minutes. He had like 3 flight cases for the equipment and one smaller one for cables.

Awesome show, too (Blowup Vol. 4 in Helsinki, Finland last month). I'd been waiting for him to come to Finland since I first heard Drone Machines back whenever. And a really cool guy, too. Talked to him a bit before and after his set.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I'm with ya. This guys owns bones.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm not mad on his vocals tbh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay, so I'm listening to Beastland now and this is definitely going on my favorite albums of 2018 list. It's just so unique. I'm really digging this industrial doom vibe he's putting out. It's abrasive as gently caress but I'm super into it.

I need to dive into the rest of A&P's discography after this.

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm not mad on his vocals tbh

This kind of sums up most industrial vocals

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Okay, so I'm listening to Beastland now and this is definitely going on my favorite albums of 2018 list. It's just so unique. I'm really digging this industrial doom vibe he's putting out. It's abrasive as gently caress but I'm super into it.

I need to dive into the rest of A&P's discography after this.

Go straight to Ursus Americanus

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
New Comatose Vigil (A.K.) is some seriously slow and heavy funeral doom poo poo. Not a song under 15 minutes. Really enjoying it.

Comatose Vigil A.K. - Evangelium Nihil

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Did anyone here back this thing?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bluesfuneral/postwax-a-curated-heavy-music-vinyl-subscription-s

Only 17 hours left as of my posting, so... Not exactly a lot of time to decide :ohdear:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's one of the most "more money than sense" ideas I've seen

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Well yeah, it's a Kickstarter :haw:

I don't know, it comes out to $32 per record, which is about what you'd pay for limited-edition vinyl anyway. Of course, you're letting someone else decide it for you, so... Yeah, how much do you trust an Internet Stranger's taste?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Not much, when they're describing Magnetic Eye as a "killer label."

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
If I was spending that much money on something like that, I'd rather do the Gilead 2019 subscription. It's cheaper and you get one more record. Plus, the Elder thing is the only one that really catches my eye, and they said they'll be releasing that later on its own anyway.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

They mentioned Domkraft which I posted while back in here, it's good you should give it a try

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

subscribe and get a grey slurry of the most boring and interchangeable doom and stoner bands delivered direct to your door! because as we all know, it's so tough to find doom and sludge bands on the internet to listen to

Parachute
May 18, 2003
gonna go see sleep tomorrow night. be on the lookout for the most un-metal-looking-guy there thats likely me

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYZ6mEwLsY

Ozzy gets a surprise...

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Darthemed posted:

New Comatose Vigil (A.K.) is some seriously slow and heavy funeral doom poo poo. Not a song under 15 minutes. Really enjoying it.

Comatose Vigil A.K. - Evangelium Nihil

Really digging this. What's the difference between Comatose Vigil and Comatose Vigil AK?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Ozzy was a good sport. As he should have been. Neat video.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Kvlt! posted:

Really digging this. What's the difference between Comatose Vigil and Comatose Vigil AK?
New line-up after Comatose Vigil disbanded in 2016. The 'AK' comes from the vocalist's name being A.K. iEzor.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Parachute posted:

gonna go see sleep tomorrow night. be on the lookout for the most un-metal-looking-guy there thats likely me

Hey, I was there. There were a lot of un-metal guys. :v: I was in a Nile shirt in the pit all night. Dopesmoker really made poo poo go wild, it was a nice change after everyone around me made fun of the first two bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Marin Karin posted:

Hey, I was there. There were a lot of un-metal guys. :v: I was in a Nile shirt in the pit all night. Dopesmoker really made poo poo go wild, it was a nice change after everyone around me made fun of the first two bands.

Me too! I was dead center when the pit broke out and had to back peddle outta that poo poo. Getting too old. I also heard a few people talking poo poo about Weather Warlock but I thought it was pretty interesting. Maybe not the best opener for sleep but still pretty cool.