Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

I'm a huge dork and i love dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

mods

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

That's acute pic :shobon:

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

InsidiousMuppet, I messed up and intended this at you:

We have a 30k slack if you wanna coordinate. If you let me know your email I can send you an invite

Yeah, I'd be down for that. I'm pretty sure I'm in the discord too.
Also can anyone give me any recommendations on what books I'd need to get for playing Word Bearers?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Also can anyone give me any recommendations on what books I'd need to get for playing Word Bearers?
Generic legion list - you'll need this regardless of which legion you play
Current legion-specific units and characters - some legions are still missing, but the Word Bearers are definitely there
Also available as a bundle which actually saves a little bit of money for once
Age of Darkness Rulebook - If you have a copy of the 7th edition rulebook somewhere, you're mostly fine. There are a few small changes, but nothing major. Though there is a list of generic demons for summoning if you plan on using that mechanic as Word Bearers. I'm sure this can be found easily online if you want to hold off.

Additionally, Book V - Tempest, is entirely about the Betrayal of Calth. The Word Bearers pop up in Book II as well. These aren't necessary for gaming, but they're fantastic fluff books and can help get your creativity going. I'd go for Tempest first as II is part of the first trilogy of books focusing on Istvaan. The rules in those first three are mostly outdated by now and the red books (linked above) have updated and replaced them. The red books are as big, if not bigger, than your usual 40k books and are almost 100% rules content. There's very little wasted space in them.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I really like everything about the Word Bearers except the color scheme. Getting to add weird runes to everything is cool.

Also, make sure to take tons of lovely little psykers. Only Thousand Sons do it better (and boy how much better), but it is something nobody else can even come close to.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Are there and non-hq psykers? We're actually playing a Betrayal at Calth campaign right now, and at some point I want to do psyker spam. Haven't looked into it much, but I can't remember if there's any fun elites

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Are there and non-hq psykers? We're actually playing a Betrayal at Calth campaign right now, and at some point I want to do psyker spam. Haven't looked into it much, but I can't remember if there's any fun elites
Only if you play Thousand Sons.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Some kind of Librarius squad would be cool, but a Librarian is the only generic option for Legion psychers, as of now.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Daemons are probably gonna gently caress everything up in 3-6 months. Or never, who knows but the ghost of Saint Alan.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I hope a Greater Daemon of Bligh is a summonable
critter.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I hope they don't get Mat Ward in to finish the book like they did with the last one.

I don't think 30k can really ddal with the balance problems of the last book again.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Thundercloud posted:

I hope they don't get Mat Ward in to finish the book like they did with the last one.

I don't think 30k can really ddal with the balance problems of the last book again.

Is that a joke, or did they really bring Matt Ward down to whatever sub-basement FW is in and let him work on the books?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

JcDent posted:

Is that a joke, or did they really bring Matt Ward down to whatever sub-basement FW is in and let him work on the books?

They brought him in to finish the last book due to Alan Bligh's death.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

They brought him in to finish the last book due to Alan Bligh's death.

Did they also spit on his grave? Because drat.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You've got the timeline a little screwed up there. Matt Ward was brought in to help out, but Inferno released before Bligh's death. It's also unclear how much Ward actually contributed; Inferno had been in the works for years at that point.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Daemons are probably gonna gently caress everything up in 3-6 months. Or never, who knows but the ghost of Saint Alan.

There's zero chance that daemons aren't either way OP or totally poo poo. Business as usual.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The daemon rules in the HH rulebook are pretty mediocre. Hopefully they stick to that model.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

There's zero chance that daemons aren't either way OP or totally poo poo. Business as usual.

The plans for "build your own de-mons" leads me to believe that it's going to be the former.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Toxx 2/3 complete

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beerdeer posted:

Toxx 2/3 complete

If you’re eating Little Cesars then you’re probably more than 2/3 in-toxxed already, though?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Beerdeer posted:

Toxx 2/3 complete

Lookin good!

I played some ZM against Olloth last night on the necromunda tiles and it makes me really excited for LVO- it feels a little board-gamey but the tiles configure really really nicely and have a lot of options for play. Dreadnoughts are definitely quite constrained, which I think is kind of cool, most ZM games I’ve played have sort of let dreads get wherever they need to, so keeping them stuck in a smaller area is an interesting dynamic.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
:toxx: complete

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Beerdeer posted:

Toxx 2/3 complete

What is this, 30k for ants?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

What is this, 30k for ants?

It is hard to see a down on his luck 30k player who can't even afford to buy his mans in the proper size.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Horrible legion but excellent work

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Horrible legion but excellent work

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Got my Iron Hands Vigilator built for my toxx. Now to finish painting him!

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

There is a huge gate on the bottom of his right shoulderpad.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

General Olloth posted:

There is a huge gate on the bottom of his right shoulderpad.

:rip:

This is what I bet for building a guy half asleep.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

:rip:

This is what I bet for building a guy half asleep.

Just thought I would call it out before you put (too much) paint on it.

Also what you get for putting your toxx off to the last minute. :colbert:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I love how it’s the opposite of what most vigilators would be equipped with, but totally works for Iron Hands.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Quietly and methodically outflanks and then comes screaming in from the side like a dial up modem

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Quietly and methodically outflanks and then comes screaming in from the side like a dial up modem

Fax machine legion

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
I wanted to wait until painting but I can't decide on a color scheme .

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

goodness posted:

Have you considered painting yourself into a corner and staying there until you die?

( That's not actually yours right? )

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

General Olloth posted:

Have you considered painting yourself into a corner and staying there until you die?

( That's not actually yours right? )

I printed it but didn't design it. Its more to show the poseability of the model

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

goodness posted:

Whichever legion is the whitest

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mango Polo posted:

Whichever legion is the whitest

So Ultramarines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

goodness posted:

I printed it but didn't design it. Its more to show the poseability of the model

So you can pose MK IIIs before printing them?