Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SyntheticPolygon posted:

When is One going to get around to changing the manga's name to Tome?

Reigen sells better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

thetoughestbean posted:

Reigen sellsis better

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

thetoughestbean posted:

Reigen sells better

You're right. He'd be an amazing wrestler.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You're right. He'd be an amazing wrestler.

Eh, more of a manager/commentator. He's basically just the Paul Heyman of the psychic world.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dragonatrix posted:

Eh, more of a manager/commentator. He's basically just the Paul Heyman of the psychic world.

I think you've forgotten the majesty of the Justifiable Self-defense Rush. The man can fight. I mean say what you will about him, he's insanely competent at pretty much everything but being a psychic.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
AW YEAH

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1057648820425678850

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tlC1ugqdkY

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Hyyyyyyype.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Yup. That just made my day.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i want to hold hands with arataka reigen-sama

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i want to hold hands with arataka reigen-sama

back off bithc he's mine

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I really hope it's a 2 cour season.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Volume 1 is out in English through dark horse. Volume 2 is coming out in March.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Got volume 1 the other day. Seeing ONE's (and his assistants') art in print makes me smile.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

For some reason, I didn't expect to see it in print but here we are and it's such a great part of my collection. I'm looking forward to re-reading this again.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/1073502940432805889

I am very hyped.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I was prepared to be satisfied with a season 2 that was even half as good as season 1.

I was not expecting this show to kick it up a notch. that preview seems to suggest that's what is coming up

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Put it right in my veins please.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah and lol at the OP song being named "99.9"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm so glad that Mob Psycho not only got one season of anime that truly lives up to its source material but two.

And I can't wait to see my best friend and the worlds greatest psychic REIGEN ARATAKA some more.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/12/05/crunchyroll-movie-night-brings-mob-psycho-100-ii-anime-to-theaters

Tempting.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

:kingsley: Holy poo poo new MP100 anime in less than a month!! :supaburn:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Zartosht posted:

in less than a month!!

:psyboom:

I thought it wasn't until April, but that's One Punch Man.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Holy poo poo that trailer looks good. Looks like we're getting at least both the exorcism and Mob and Reigen "break-up" arcs too.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I wasn't ready for the trials and tribulations of mob to break my heart this soon, let alone again.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

:vince:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Holy poo poo that trailer looks good. Looks like we're getting at least both the exorcism and Mob and Reigen "break-up" arcs too.

One of the frames in the trailer was the shot of Sho visiting Ritsu that kicks off the Claw arc, so we might get that, too. I dunno how you'd fit the exorcism, the break-up and Claw into a 12 episode season but putting what would otherwise be an end-of-season cliffhanger into a trailer seems weird, too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are we sure it's 12 episodes this time? We could be getting more.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
A double length season that covers up to end of claw, then a short third season for broccoli, alien contact, and the final arc would be reasonable pace I think?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Anybody gonna make a new anime thread? The last one's in the archives and I'm a disorganized wreck.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The season's poster has elements from the entire Claw arc, so it's probably 2 cour.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The broccoli final shot is gonna be dope

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

fuckkkk

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

If season 2 is adapted half as well as season 1, it will still be twice as awesome

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

drat, first episode didn't have the new opening. Still really good, though. I forgot how much poo poo they can cram into 22 minutes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah it was so good, I was really mad that it ended.

Spoilers for anyone interested in what the first episode covers i guess

They move Mob getting the broccoli seeds and the fight surrounding it to be the first thing that happens and the rest is the short arc with Mob and Emi. It's all done really well, Mob's VA sells it super well, I got emotional even knowing what was going to happen. Mob was always a bit harder for me to get a read on in the manga, but in the anime you can feel his awkwardness, but also the sincerity and warmth coming through it. I really think this series is going to be something incredibly special once it's all adapted. The next episode looks to be them bumming around the other city looking for spirits.

I really wanna know how many episodes this will be. I can't think of a good stopping point but I honestly kinda forget everything between now and the Divine Tree

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
also i re read the ending recently and the reveal of Mob's goofy shirt that he really likes is the funniest thing and the final confrontation with the embodiment of his power is so loving good

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Season 1 ended like 20 minute after his big fit with the 7th division of Scar, so they could really end it anywhere they want. I'm pretty excited.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Oh poo poo, the first episode is out and it totally does have the new opening.

I am very excited for everything it foreshadowed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm ready for the Justifiable Self-Defense Rush.

Someone posted in the anime thread an interview where the staff were basically "you haven't seen the good parts yet" and I choose to believe that is one of those good parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't wait to watch this episode and I eagerly want to see all of my best friends again but especially my sexiest best friend Arataka Reigen.