Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/duskkfalls/status/1073777266826641408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Believe........in christmas anna

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is the christmas reveal gonna be before or after herofest ends?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Is the christmas reveal gonna be before or after herofest ends?

reveal will probably be a bit before it ends

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

she's here

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Here is my current def set up. Also rolled another Eir. Another +def one. I now have 3 counting the neutral

Onmi fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 15, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

golden bubble posted:

Damnit. There's a serious chance the left shadow is a Christmas Fae.

If that's true and she's a Blue Fafnir, my orbs are going to fly out of my stockpile so loving fast.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Christmas Camilla! Come on!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it took me a while to notice that sharena in the book III promo art looks... kind of decayed

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I've spent like 150 orbs on this herofest banner so far plus tickets

I've gotten a Katarina, a Genny, and an Ophelia :geno:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I've spent like 150 orbs on this herofest banner so far plus tickets

I've gotten a Katarina, a Genny, and an Ophelia :geno:

Sorry, It's because I took all the Eirs. I have a +7 Eir with about the same investment.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
~150 orbs and 4 days of tickets got me a single lewyn. +Spd though

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

The summoning tickets text is weird. Can you only use them on this one banner? Is there no reason to hoard them?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

big trivia FAIL posted:

The summoning tickets text is weird. Can you only use them on this one banner? Is there no reason to hoard them?

Only for the one banner. No reason to hoard.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

Sorry, It's because I took all the Eirs. I have a +7 Eir with about the same investment.

Seems like a lot of folks in this thread had good luck with her- mine is up to +4 in like, 80 orbs I think. Most of that was from the new book orbs.

Now if only I could find the motivation to do something with her :geno:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

big trivia FAIL posted:

just consider it 35(?) free orbs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Seems like a lot of folks in this thread had good luck with her- mine is up to +4 in like, 80 orbs I think. Most of that was from the new book orbs.

Now if only I could find the motivation to do something with her :geno:

She seems solid. Assuming I dump some more orbs into the banner, at +10 my +SPD/-DEF Eir would have 58 ATK and 52 SPD when initiating with her default kit, which certainly doesn't seem bad. Also she has cool ghost horse

I haven't merged her all the way through and I'm wondering if the +ATK/-DEF version I also have would be better. Since she is colorless I'm kind of worried about her killing potential.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 15, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

oof. this happens way too often.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

golden bubble posted:

EDIT: Damnit. There's a serious chance the left shadow is a Christmas Fae.

Don't worry, someone has cracked the code. Your orbs are safe.

https://twitter.com/gnickyx/status/1073867773321699328

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i lost both aether raids today too :negative:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i got to surrender a match where i'd lost 3 of my units and get all my aether back with that new ladder, and got a deathless run after that

it's a good investment imo

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i got to surrender a match where i'd lost 3 of my units and get all my aether back with that new ladder, and got a deathless run after that

the hell march that was 3 days ago used up both my ladder uses

just absolutely not been a good week for me. I got stalled by Surtr twice!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I'm going to save my stones to upgrade the well a third time. Just being able to surrender when you lose one or two units with no penalty is great.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Here's a skill idea that I'm saying while definitely not bitter: a status effect that prevents a unit from being danced.
exhaustion smoke
Exhaust staff

actually that'd probably be absolutely terrible to fight despite how good it'd feel to use

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

https://i.imgur.com/kLWKSZC.gifv
I didn't know Supports (and by extension Yatos) stacked. This made me chuckle.

Unfortunately, his failing to account for my Bector having Harsh Command made me chuckle harder. He really should've activated that Atk/Def Bond seal.

(how do you embed videos damnit, I've tried the [video] tag hundreds of times to no avail)

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 15, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SL the Pyro posted:

I didn't know Supports (and by extension Yatos) stacked. This made me chuckle.

Unfortunately, his failing to account for my Bector having Harsh Command made me chuckle harder.

(how do you embed videos damnit, I've tried the [video] tag hundreds of times to no avail)

for a gifv, just post the url with no tags. The preview will be inaccurate

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

cheetah7071 posted:

for a gifv, just post the url with no tags. The preview will be inaccurate

Problem number 2: the gifv is being blown up to 3x size. Only imgur's gifv system seems to be doing this and I don't know why.

e: Figured it out. I had to convert the .mp4 to a .gif (and speed up the .gif because it got slowed to 1/3rd speed in the conversion for some reason) and then upload it to Imgur.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 15, 2018

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

rannum posted:

i lost both aether raids today too :negative:

So did I :(

Turns out I can't beat four Surtrs with my regular team.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

So did I :(

Turns out I can't beat four Surtrs with my regular team.

I need to invest more into geting smite on people
and probably actually put more teams together than just rein/titania/axeura/bonus/bonus(or Lyon)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Got a Lewyn today. How bad is +HP/-DEF for him?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AradoBalanga posted:

It's almost identical to neutral

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

AradoBalanga posted:

DEF is a superbane which will make him really susceptible to physical attacks... but he never wants to bait either way so I'd say it's about on par with a neutral Lewyn.

The real losers are ones that get -SPD (especially -SPD) or -ATK alongside an increase in any other stat.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I pulled two -SPD Lewyns on his first banner. Can't be too mad about that though, since he's such fantastic SI fodder.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Mine is +ATK/-RES which is second only to +SPD/anything that isn't -Atk. The only other 5* exclusive glass cannon type of mage that I've had more luck with is Ishtar who's +SPD/-HP (who I free-pulled off of her last banner).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alright, good to know. I need some viable green units and I seem to lean towards green tomes over axe units, so I'll take it. I have a few spare Squad Ace seals to use so I can patch up Lewyn's defense, so that' no big deal. Now to decide if I stick with Glimmer or go with something else for his special like Iceberg or Luna.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Alright, good to know. I need some viable green units and I seem to lean towards green tomes over axe units, so I'll take it. I have a few spare Squad Ace seals to use so I can patch up Lewyn's defense, so that' no big deal. Now to decide if I stick with Glimmer or go with something else for his special like Iceberg or Luna.

Use the seals to give him more Speed since Lewyn's prf acts like Desperation with the notable difference that he can attack before the enemy at above 50% HP instead of below 75% HP. Giving him Life and Death (Sothe comes with it at 4*s and you can also feather Hanas to 5* as well) or keeping his Swift Sparrow skill works wonders. Using Life and Death coupled with Glimmer, Draconic Aura, Dragon Fang, or Astra gives you a very good glass cannon because his defensive stats are mostly garbage and Specials dependent on Def/Res are not skills you want to use with him.

EDIT: Actually, I'll post my Lewyn to give you an example build:

Special Spiral supercharges Dragon Fang so he'll usually have it ready just about every second battle. Life and Death boosts the two stats he really wants in order to excel in his role as a speedy glass cannon. Flashing Blade Seal also helps with supercharging his special against enemies slower than him (which is a lot). Odd Atk Wave is a boost to both him and allies beside him for +6 more damage on all odd turns. Reposition provides utility and can be replaced by any Assist you want/need more, and Forseti is self-explanatory.

If you're on a budget, Lewyn comes with Special Spiral and Odd Atk Wave by default, as well as Glimmer and Swift Sparrow which both work well as substitutes for the skills I'm using (Glimmer gets supercharged practically every battle and Swift Sparrow gives you +4 Atk and Spd on initiation which is what you want to do with Lewyn), leaving only the Assist skill to be filled with an assist of your choice.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 16, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I wish there was a Pass seal so I could throw it on mages being leveled through autobattle so that they wouldn't randomly get trapped

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Elyv posted:

I wish there was a Pass seal so I could throw it on mages being leveled through autobattle so that they wouldn't randomly get trapped
We have two Tempest Trials coming up, so a Pass seal could happen.

Also, thanks for the help, Folt. I'll play around and make something work for Lewyn.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm sad now, I botched one of my AR offenses earlier and couldn't even get my last character - the +10 Surtr - to die to Dancing Micaiah so I could lose and use the Escape Ladder. The end result saddled me with a sad 30 points and neither Aether building destroyed, sitting me at 7000 lift at this point. I still have an outside shot at jumping into and staying in the next tier up at 7200, but I now need two perfect offenses tomorrow and to lose no lift in defenses.

Edit: It was pointed out to me on Discord that I could have surrendered, which in hindsight is obvious but to be honest I never thought Surtr would survive the Dancing Micaiah in the first place so it never even crossed my mind.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Can't you just surrender using the escape ladder, or do you actually need to lose?