Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Repair tool does not damage enemy vehicles in this game which is a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

fly the Stuka, you get both 50 and 1k bombs

How many 50s?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

El Jebus posted:

How many 50s?

4x

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

.Add to that, there are no longer cappable points that deliver extra armor. All the points are the same, there's no need to frantically try to recover a point when you suddenly get backcapped and armor spawns behind your lines.

And the stupid "repair inside your tank" mechanic needs to die. It sucks all of the fun out of fighting vehicles. No one gets out of their tank anymore. There are no more frantic battles to destroy a captured tank, no running battles to escape with armor you captured yourself. It just robs the game of a level of fun that BF1943 had no trouble including.

I used to bitch at pubbies for not dying in their tanks and letting them get captured, but looking back man did I have a lot of fun trying to recover that stolen armor.

I capped an abandoned tank today - though it's rare, and several points across different maps today we're offering armor spawns.

Not sure why you are having a different experience

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Last night I stole a badly beat up tank while the opponents had two more in the area. I managed to kill one with the last couple shells before it blew up. Definitely a good battlefield moment for me.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Is playing anti-tank infantry as fun and frustrating as it was in BF1? How about anti-aircraft?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

Is playing anti-tank infantry as fun and frustrating as it was in BF1? How about anti-aircraft?

I cannot see a path to playing anti aircraft infantry viably

Anti tank infantry fukkin rules and people for whatever reason still, STILL, do not account for the c4suicide

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I have been having an absolute blast driving around with an AA in tow and shooting down planes. I don't have any hard numbers but I would guess I destroy around 50% of planes that come in range and nearly 90% of planes that a friendly aircraft is shooting. Had a game a few rounds ago where a buddy was doing the same thing and any aircraft that came even close was melted before they had a chance to react.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Finger Prince posted:

I tried to use the MG42 as a plane downer with the Incendiary Rounds and Fire Rate. I did maybe 12 damage if I burned the whole 50 round belt into an oncoming fighter...not impressed.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Finger Prince posted:

Anti tank infantry is fun as hell

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

lambskin posted:

If tankers were forced to get out of their tanks to repair they'd just get killed while stuck in the exiting animation. Tanks are already quite fragile and hard to maneuver as is.

I agree, that stupid animation needs to go too. Cool poo poo like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrOIgxQ--Tc

Just isn't possible when you have to endure a 1-2 second animation every time you want to get in and out of a vehicle.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I tried to use the MG42 as a plane downer with the Incendiary Rounds and Fire Rate. I did maybe 12 damage if I burned the whole 50 round belt into an oncoming fighter...not impressed.

They nerfed the damage MMG rounds do to planes before the ttk update because, uh

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They nerfed the damage MMG rounds do to planes before the ttk update because, uh

:dice:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
After a few rounds of breakthrough I have to say I'm a fan of the ttk changes. Makes the game feel closer to BF1, which is definitely a great change. I spent most of my time using the Bren and that thing owns, pop a 3x on that sucker and go to town.

I've seen complaints about not being able to see people very well and I'm wondering if it's a divide between xbone x/ps4 pro and xbone/ps4. The fact that xbonx and ps4 pro run the game at a higher resolution than the base consoles is a pretty big advantage. I'm on a one x with a 4k tv and I've had zero problems identifying players. The difference between 1800-2160p and 720-900p is massive in a fast paced game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Even on my launch PS4 + 1080p screen I don’t have any issues seeing enemies.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I've taken plenty of abandoned tanks and it is almost always because they were out of ammo and the person was either too lazy or didn't know you could refill that ammo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you want to hit aircraft with the MG42, take the XXL ammo belt and cooling upgrades and not the RoF one because shooting 50 rounds in a second is far less useful.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Same

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Kilometers Davis posted:

Same

Just old :)

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Yeah I'm just an old goon whose eyes and reflexes are fading. It's one of the reasons I love dynamite so much, other than the obvious stuff

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I also had the theory that visibility was maybe due to X/Pro vs Xbox S / PS4 slim.

But the tweet posted a page or two ago is off of PC,which would be as good or better than the X.

Still, I don't have a problem with visibility. Add the outline though, I guess it will only make me better.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I can't see people. It was bad in BF1, it's somehow worse in this game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I never had an issue seeing people in BF1 but it’s definitely bad in BFV.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's ok the invisible people need an extra bullet to kill you now.

Unless they're sniping.

Also you need another bullet to kill them too.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
The lack of visibility reminds me of the Red Orchestra series on PC but atleast in those games you're playing a few inches from a computer monitor so it's easier to shoot the moving pixel.

I think BF5's problem on console is exacerbated by playing on a TV from a sofa a few feet away.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
BFV is also way busier visually. Compare Arras to Monte Grappa or any other wide open outdoor map and the amount of poo poo on screen is massively increased. I love Arras and it's the most visually striking BF map I've seen in awhile but it comes at the cost of easy visibility.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
God drat. I’m hammered and wanted the butt crew to be online but it’s 3am

Also i’ll be online tomorrow. Ps4: ghost_throw

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 15, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I can't see people. It was bad in BF1, it's somehow worse in this game.

I have the same problem. I fix it somehow playing recon. I spam flares a lot, I am like a blind guy in a room tryiing to find the exit with a cane.

Maybe the problem will fix itself somewhat when people unlock more customization options for look?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I hope they don’t change the visibility because it will take away the one thing I’m extremely good at and I will be exposed as a sub elite gamer :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FastestGunAlive posted:

Repair tool does not damage enemy vehicles in this game which is a bummer.

Uninstalling :(

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Do people not realize they can use the ability to hide to their advantage as well? Or do people genuinely feel that their enemies can see but they can't, so they're the only ones at a constant disadvantage? Sounds typical for FPS players.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

Do people not realize they can use the ability to hide to their advantage as well? Or do people genuinely feel that their enemies can see but they can't, so they're the only ones at a constant disadvantage? Sounds typical for FPS players.

Hiding is for the weak. Always running, always gunning.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

GoGoGadget posted:

Do people not realize they can use the ability to hide

Sounds like deserter talk to me, son. :clint:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

Hiding is for the weak. Always running, always gunning.

For REAL,

lol at hiding or doing anything other than actively seeking out targets to own since like... goldeneye times

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

For REAL,

lol at hiding or doing anything other than actively seeking out targets to own since like... goldeneye times

Hey,
Thanks for the invites last night. Sorry I couldn't join
I was running with some work friends

Will try again today

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Yeah it was nice having two full squads of goons on the same team. We'll have to do that again tonight!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GoGoGadget posted:

This is more or less my take on the situation. I’m really not trying to poo poo talk because because nice about games is way cooler than being a dick. But I feel like a lot of people either need a new glasses prescription, need to get closer to the tv, or slow down a little more often. At any point on any map you can chill for 10 seconds on high ground and get a kill or at least lay down some effective suppression.

Considering how open some of the map areas are I’m glad players don’t stick out like a flare. It allows for a more satisfying positioning flow and rewards the players willing to slow down a little and really survey the areas. It was helpful for me to develop a constant sense of watching for gunfire too. The players who like to hide out in the middle of nowhere often can’t help to try to kill every open player and end up giving their position away easily.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I mean, I also am constantly running and gunning. I'm just wondering why some people are complaining about not being able to see other players in such a way as to imply they think it only applies to their enemies.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is more or less my take on the situation. I’m really not trying to poo poo talk because because nice about games is way cooler than being a dick. But I feel like a lot of people either need a new glasses prescription, need to get closer to the tv, or slow down a little more often.

Yup. Either people are blind or need to drastically rethink their tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
So I'm on the last part of this week's challenges where as a squad you need to get 2 nuke kills and after 10+ kills I'm thinking maybe it only works if you are the one calling it in. Soooooo I feel dumb for asking but how the hell do you drop one? I hit LB+RB and move the stick up to highlight it.. but what do you do after that? Everything I try just brings me back to my weapon. I've tried hitting right trigger.. hitting left trigger.. hitting them both at the same time.. holding the triggers.. holding the bumpers in all sorts of combos. I just can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes it blacks out half the screen and sometimes it doesn't. Is there some trick to it?