Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Formula Pee will overtake F1 as the most watched motorsport in 2020 because it is hip to the social media teenagers
https://twitter.com/MahindraRacing/status/1073281607379881984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

mrfart posted:

I remember reading the comics he had made about himself as a kid. He was a financial guru, genius, a crook, criminal (was thrown in jail for a while), extravagant millionaire with a massive Ferrari collection, completely nuts. Its no surprise he ended up in F1.

That rules.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Did anyone watch the Formula Electricity race earlier? It was OK. Our Stoffell managed to keep up his record of finishing 17th.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brainwrong posted:

Did anyone watch the Formula Electricity race earlier? It was OK. Our Stoffell managed to keep up his record of finishing 17th.

The race seems to be publicly available on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9DZ24Azy5E. Unless Canada is now in the gets it free group?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im watching formula e wishing it was formula one season already

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

What are you getting me?

An Aztec

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Brainwrong posted:

Should mention he started in 4th.

pigz fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 15, 2018

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

They must have these for each driver. Somebody on the production team came from a news show. :waycool:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That Formula E race was quite entertaining.

I really like the idea about having different emotions for driver graphics. They should do this for F1. With Vettel bashing his steering wheel when either he or the Ferrari pit wall fucks up, and Kimi having exactly the same animation irregardless of what currently happens at Sauber.

I have to retract my initial opinion about the Gen2 FE cars, though. I thought they look rather cool and quite fitting for a series that is tailored at a younger audience, but in the race, they somehow all looked pretty bulky somehow. Irregardless, it'll bridge the gap until the pinnacle of motorsport starts again in 2019, MotoGP. And F1.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also Hamilton should always have the dancing gif, because he knows he'll win the WDC anyway.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you have a Switch or a PC you should buy Gris, it is the most spectacular video game I have ever played.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Kimoa Kid posted:

If you have a Switch or a PC you should buy Gris, it is [one of] the most spectacular video game[s] I have ever played.

this

tuo fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 15, 2018

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Somebody do the Formula E emotional reaction videos with Bianchi's crash, thanks.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

If you have a Switch or a PC you should buy Gris, it is the most spectacular video game I have ever played.

This looks like every other “creative” art game

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This looks like every other “creative” art game

This looks like every other bad post

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wirth1000 posted:

Somebody do the Formula E emotional reaction videos with Bianchi's crash, thanks.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

This is probably more accurate.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Felt like the cars didn’t really get a chance to stretch out. Possibly due to more drivers and a shorter race. Are all the Formula E tracks this cramped?

The graphics (when they used them) were interesting, and the driver with the Attack Zone miss costing a position was pretty great.

lol thanks for grabbing this, so good

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
There was an even better one when some dickhead just forgot to brake and plowed straight into a barrier and they had some anim of him head in hands

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngFJwuVLb9c

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Formula E race was pretty good. Lack of pit stop strategy is mitigated by attack mode and power strategy. Also the stewards only caring about technical violations and not jumpstarts and track limits could be a fun wildcard. Really liking some of the camera angles they have, too.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Nybble posted:

Felt like the cars didn’t really get a chance to stretch out. Possibly due to more drivers and a shorter race. Are all the Formula E tracks this cramped?

The graphics (when they used them) were interesting, and the driver with the Attack Zone miss costing a position was pretty great.

lol thanks for grabbing this, so good

That driver was the guy in the gif, Lopez who was in second, and not only missed the attack zone but missed it twice (in a row). Then his wheel fell off. This was all in the space of like 5 minutes.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Nybble posted:

It did feel a bit chaotic at times, I guess it's a combination of shorter races, almost-spec series with no performance gaps between teams and worse broadcasting (confused commentators and random team radio bits on the background)

I'm surprised by how well the attack mode gimmick works

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

poty posted:

It did feel a bit chaotic at times, I guess it's a combination of shorter races, almost-spec series with no performance gaps between teams and worse broadcasting (confused commentators and random team radio bits on the background)

I'm surprised by how well the attack mode gimmick works

First race in that car, with both practice sessions cancelled and qualifying done in the wet. The teams had no chance to test anything on the course, so the fact that drivers messed up isn't surprising. Formula E also does favour very narrow tracks, particularly around corners, as they want to keeps the 'downtown street race' aesthetic.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Formula E sucks rear end. I am not Formula E.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Formula E sucks rear end. I am not Formula E.

No but you're literally this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhAz5WqXyN8

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Look what I got here. A package :effort:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
How long before he annoys everyone and gets dumped?
https://us.motorsport.com/nascar-euro/news/villeneuve-go-fast-full-time-mustang/4313825/

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
NASCAR Euro series? What?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

For Americanophiles. Those poor, depraved creatures.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

poor, depraved creatures.
Oh you mean Britons?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Oh you mean Britons?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Just saw that movie about Ferrari in the 50s and all the drivers who died at the hands of the Monster of Modena. Which was pretty much all the drivers, it sounded like. Although Hawthorn narrowly escaped Ferrari's grasp and instead died in a Jaguar. Enzo the Egregious must have been very frustrated by that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I had a dream last night that the FIA implemented last-minute safety regulations that resulted in McLaren being by far the fastest car in the field. Alonso crashed from the lead and Vandoorne finished third.

I'm gonna take some time off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I had a dream last night that the FIA implemented last-minute safety regulations that resulted in McLaren being by far the fastest car in the field. Alonso crashed from the lead and Vandoorne finished third.

This is it. The most Wicka post that's not a meltdown.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

lol

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1074348505978806272?s=19

Good night sweet prince

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Good cars that meant well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Is that a suicide bag?